Start by marking “Always Human” as Want to Read:
Always Human

Always Human

(Always Human #1)

This is a story about nanobots, genetic engineering, and two girls falling in love. No matter how technology changes us, we'll always be human.

Unbound, 253 pages
Published October 10th 2015 by LINE Webtoon

To ask other readers questions about Always Human, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Human

I Love Yoo by QuimcheeSiren's Lament, Season 1 by instantmisoTrue beauty by YaongyiUnOrdinary, Season 1 by uru-chanKilling Stalking by Koogi
Webtoons
390 books — 245 voters
Always Human by Ari NorthThe Dark Wife by Sarah DiemerInto the Gray by Margaret KilljoyHeartstopper by Alice OsemanThe Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill
Free LGBTQ+ Reads
124 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Always Human
Melanie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: Silvia

This was truly everything I've ever wanted. My queer heart and soul are so very happy and so very full. Please, oh please, give this a try! <3

Read For Free HERE!

Rep: wlw disabled Chilean-Australian MC, wlw Asian-Australian MC, aroace side characters,
side genderqueer and agender characters, side mlm characters, side poly relationship (mfm)

Trigger and content warnings: eating disorder & discussion of body image (ty, Silvia!)

Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Blog | Spotify | Twitch

This was our Apr
chai ♡
day whatever on lockdown: I am once again reading sapphic fiction to distract myself from the cataclysmic reality of being alive
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
This is the f/f answer to “Heartstopper” and I’m so here for it!!

Sunati and Austen are so precious and adorable! <333
The art is colourful and amazing! It’s kinda living and breathing the rainbow and I love it!
The world building is really intriguing!
And there isn’t only a non-binary side character but also a gender-fluid one, which made me so happy I can’t even put it into words! XD Also a huge YAY to the nice polyamorous relationship rep. 😁

Why did it take me so long to find this??!!
may ➹
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to may ➹ by: Silvia
THIS WAS SO CUTE AND SAPPHIC I LOVED IT MY GAY GIRLS ARE SO SOFT AND PURE

the art is actually stunning and the music is SO GOOD and it all comes together beautifully!!! not to mention that the world this is set in is so fascinating, and there are so many Good Complex relationships slfsklfksfj I Stan

also. it’s sapphic. what more do you need to know
Silvia
✨Full review now posted!

READ IT HERE!

description

I LOVE THIS COMIC SO MUCH OKAY let me try to review it properly because honestly it deserves it.

So this takes place in a somewhat distant-future Australia with a lot of virtual reality stuff that I'm not even gonna try to explain and in which people use mods (modifications) for a lot of things. A lot of mods are really useful and important like they prevent people from getting cancer or you can use mods to stop having periods (um yes please) or even to st
✨    jamieson   ✨
Jan 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: lgbtqiap
I am a simple person. You recommend me queer content ... I add it to my tbr
Sana
if you haven't read this pure and wholesome webcomic about two sapphic girls falling in love and dealing with every day real and relatable problems, what are you doing????

like akandinsk there's SO MUCH diversity and healthy relationships every where, this comic is literally a blessing !!

review to come!

4.5 stars!
Rachel Aranda
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This comic is about two girls and how their relationship develops from strangers to lovers. It’s hard to find comics that sweetly deal with a lesbian relationship. (It’s amazing how many sad novels with lesbians there are though.) There is a lot of funny moments that balance out the more serious issues that pop up for the characters. I related so much to Austen and what to do about her major! Honestly the first time I read this comic, it didn’t hit me how serious and hard that situation could be ...more
Chelsea
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Y'ALL this is going to be published!!! I can hold a printed copy in my hands!!! Soft sci-fi girls on my bookshelf!!! This news is single-handedly saving 2020.

AAAAAA I AM WEEPING THIS WAS P R E C I O U S

I adored this webcomic. The art is absolutely stunning—so soft and ethereal. I loved the accompanying music too, it was an element I hadn't experienced before while reading something like this, and it fit the art style so well (soft! and! ethereal!) The story and relationship(s) were so sweet, b
sally♡
^^ I tagged this as graphic-novels but it's a webcomic and it's amazing!!!!

This is so pure and gay and ah <3 I love love love it. The art is beautiful and the characters are so soft & sweet!!!!!! I'm sure you've seen the link e v e r y w h e r e but here it is anyway: https://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/a...
🌈❤️
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This was an absolutely beautiful story with some of the most precious art I've ever seen, and more diversity in one place than I've probably ever found elsewhere. Two queer women of color as our leads, tons of QPOC and POC side characters, disabilities, disordered eating, anxiety, polyamorous relationships, and more. It was gorgeous.

As far as the storyline itself went, the plot is definitely a bit thin here, and things tend to feel pretty "slice of life", which I didn't mind at all but I know wo
jade
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people looking for a cute f/f romance without much substance
Recommended to jade by: my entire GR feed suddenly going gaga over it
“and i think you should look however you want. it won’t change the way i feel about you.”

a very dreamy, sugary-sweet sci-fi webcomic about two girls who fall in love.

sunati is a VR environmental artist and designer who loves using fashion mods: nanobots which can easily change one’s appearance, from simple things like eye and hair color to the more imaginative like adding wings or tails. every day during her commute, sunati runs into austen, a chem major whose appearance never change
Norah Una Sumner
me, vibrating at frequency that could shatter glass: i like this story a normal amount.

description
Jules ✨
someone shoot me with the cuteness overload gun.

This was so beautiful. I am completely in awe of the art style and the bubbles were so wholesome and aesthetically pleasing.

"They're nice. They're not a girl, Cayli is agender."
The genderfluid normality of the story touched my heart so very much. I also screamed when I saw the poly rep. It was so genuine and beautiful to see.

I loved how the art style changed as the story progressed. It looked so different and yet the same.
The music really helped
Farah
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My siblings introduced me to Archie comics since I was in primary and I was hooked until now.. Many thanks to Jhosy and her fabulous smileys for always reading and reviewing webtoons that got me intrigued. Always Human was my first webtoon ✌and from the ratings you'd know how I felt about it.

Ms.Walkingnorth, I salute you. You did a one woman show - with some help that you graciously acknowledged and it turned out amazingly gorgeous and a wonderful read.

Sunati and Austen's tale should be read b
Lea (drumsofautumn)
OOOOOooooohhhhhh, I am in my feels right now ;______;

I read this with the Dragons & Tea Book Club 💜
I finally read this and oh gosh it was just the cutest thing ever !!

Although Sunati annoyed me a little bit - she's too compassionate ??? I'm aware that's a weird thing to dislike about someone, but I'm very much a person who does things for themselves not other people so I couldn't relate to her that much -- but I loved Austen!!

I'm terrible at putting my thoughts into coherent sentences so read this review here because Silvia is 100x more eloquent than I am.
Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c;
If it was possible I would give this more than five stars.

It was absolutely amazing!

I never knew how much I needed this comic.

I want a girlfriend like Suntai or Austen

Please. Read. This. Comic.

This was so diverse and so wonderful.
Romie
this was such a lovely story! the art is simply beautiful, and the characters are so fleshed out! I love that we not only got to see Sunati and Austen in their relationship, but we also got to see them on their own, we got to read about their families and friends, and it made them even more real to me. in the end I think it's a beautiful story about finding what (and who) makes you happy and go for it! (4.25)
Maëlys
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dragons & Tea Book Club's April pick ☕

✨ 4 / 5 ✨

This was super cute and such a feel good story. Things might wrap-up a bit too neatly but I'm honestly not even mad about that, on the contrary.

You can also find me on Youtube & Twitter
Sylvie
CRYING AND SCREAMING RIGHT NOW. That ending was so perfect eekkk <3 ...more
Mimi 'Pans' Herondale
Amazing!! I loved this book beyond words.
nova ryder ☼
this is perfect and there’s literally no reason for you not to read it cause it’s freeeee :P

Okay but no, seriously go read this you won’t regret it. It’s so beautiful and important
j.chestnut
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS GO DO IT!!!!! The representation is amazing. All these girls are cinnamon rolls and the comic itself is AMAZING!!!!
In all seriousness though, how are two fictional characters so much like me in real life????
I love the art. It's beautiful. I love the characters. They are wonderful and real and soft. I love the plot. It is also real and relatable and rear inducing.

Please read this.
Atlas
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* * * * *
5 / 5

~review to come~

This webcomic is absolutely beautiful - beautifully illustrated, charming characters, an adorable romance with a fully fleshed out cast, set in a really cool futuristic universe!
sofi
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The art for this was amAzing and the vibe was always on point and the futuristic worldbuilding was done beautifully and the relationship was so healthy and progressed naturally and I just loved everything about this.
♥ Jasmine ♥
Y'all don't know a extremely beautiful, LGTBQ+, adorable webcomic until you've read this. Worth your time and your lives. ❤😍💕
Kitkat
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book so much! I'm so happy I saw my goodread friend reading it because I wouldn't have known about it. I loved Austen and Sunati's relationship. I loved how much Rae were good friends with Sunati. This entire series was amazing. I loved how much Sunati affected Austen because she was worried about her weight and her career in college. Austen was so worried about her career that she lost her happiness. She got so caught up in her work that she lost a part of herself that Sunati broug ...more
•°• gabs •°•
just as amazing the second time around :')

___________________________
if I ever stop crying, i'll write a full review.
I don't deserve this, it's too perfect bye
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Life Outside the Circle
  • Shoot Around season #1
  • Novae #1 (Novae, #1)
  • Hooky
She is trying to keep most private information because she used to work as a primary school teacher. She has a husband, was born and grew up in Australia, now she is living in England.

Always Human (2 books)
  • Always Human - Season II

News & Interviews

“Do you ever get so nervous that you pass straight through terror and come out the other side? And then you stop being scared and you start being reckless?” 1 likes