Start by marking “Hart of Mine (Cale & Mickey #4)” as Want to Read:
Hart of Mine (Cale & Mickey #4)

Hart of Mine

(Cale & Mickey #4)

God, this woman drives me insane.

In all of the good, most of the bad, and some of the ugliest ways imaginable. But it doesn't matter because she's mine. My little sadist. My crazy girl. My beautiful wife.

And you don't ever f*ck with what's mine.

Warning: Strong language, mature content, drama, and angst included. Shirt sold separately.

This novella is an adult contemporary r
Published June 25th 2017 by Annie Arcane

To ask other readers questions about Hart of Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hart of Mine

Dianne
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You have to love it when love conquers all with attitude, heat and well, more attitude! Annie Arcane’s HART OF MINE is one more fabulously delectable romance that forgoes the flowery and mist-filled moments for earthy reality! Cale needed someone to straighten his act out and Mickey was just the woman to do it and now they have their happily ever after in spades!

Annie Arcane delivers again with all of the effervescence of a bottle of champagne shaken just before uncorking! How could I not be sm
Catherine ♡
*Thank you to the author for a free e-copy in exchange for an honest review!*

Actual Rating: 4

This series is honestly one of my favorites and it sucks that this is the end. But by golly, if you're gonna leave with a bang, this is the way to do it.

Hart of Mine is the final novella in the Cale & Mickey series, and of course it follows the ups and downs of their relationships. Since this was a novella, there was understandably not a fully fleshed out plot (I wish there was!!) and I did feel a bi
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Wow – there are many thoughts swirling in my mind after I finished that book . First and most important - I did not want that story to end. It felt special – not just because of the characters but also because of the writing style.

I am careful when it comes to comparisons. Often I read lines like “if you liked book “x” you are going to love book “y” which basically compares writing styles or authors directly. And once I finished reading book “y” I felt there was nothing similar about the books.
Yamna Rashid
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS SERIES HAS ENDED
*cue tears*

When Annie Arcane releases a book, you do not miss it.
And when Annie’s series ends, you bawl your eyes out.
Which I had, once I read the last page.
-----------------------------------------------------
Review

Book 7 of the get-them-known challenge

A giant hug and loads of thank yous to Annie for once again giving me a free book to read in under an hour and then wondering how to go on in life since well…this was the last book

Note: For the
Badass Bloggettes
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-author, series, sharon
Hart of Mine is the conclusion to Cale & Mikey series by Annie Arcane. The series begins with a full length and concludes with three novellas. Of the novellas, Hart of Mine is my favorite because it ends Cale & Mikey’s story perfectly.

I love the Hart series about Cale Windermere and Makensington “Mickey” Oliver Hart for so many reasons. I love that the hero is a strong, alpha male and all the great qualities of a great book boyfriend who happens to be disabled (paraplegic). I love Mik
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
More reviews at: http://thereadingcat.weebly.com/

I received an ebook of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Annie Arcane!

This finale to the Cale and Mickey story was just as original, feisty, sassy, and "smart-mouth-y" (am totally considering that a word), as its previous three installments. These books are insanely character and dialog driven, and the way they banter is absolutely hilarious and heart-warming.

This girl...

Mickey is just such a great heroine. Sn
Emma Jaye
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Super sweet ending to the story all tied up in a glittery bow. So this one had the feel of #2 and #3 rather than one. Personally, I think 2, 3 + 4 should have been combined to make one full book with a definite concrete time-line and plot, but that's just my preference.
Still not entirely sure who John Dizon is. An ex-boyfriend, family friend, business rival of Cale's, nice guy looking out for Mickey?

The blurbs throughout has claimed 'Strong language, mature content, drama, and angst included.'

Fr
Christine Creed little
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Greatest ever!!

Annie, this is a fantastic way to wrap up Cale & Mickey's story!! I will always love them, but you did a fantastic job. Your writing is superb and I love the way they have verbal fights that lead them into deeper love. I will sorely miss this series, but I can't wait to see what you come up with next!! Great job!!
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)

This was a cute ending to this series. I still wish that the author would have published full books instead of novellas after the first one released. Overall, I'm satisfied with the way the story was finalized.

I like Mickey's humor and how she usually pushes back on wasting money (even though Cale seems to think it falls from the sky). In this novella, we finally find out how she and Cale ended up meeting, which was something that never crossed my mind after I finished the first book. I wish th
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I adore the Cale and Mickey series and it was a shame that I had not had a chance to read this concluding novella before now. A real crime, people! Hart of Mine is the fourth novella in the Cale and Mickey series and as I understand it, is the final story in this series (but please say it isn’t so!). I have truly enjoyed getting to know these characters and the development for them both maturity wise and in their relationship was just wonderful to read. Such a sweet, and a little naughty, crazy… ...more
Raven
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The perfect ending

I'm not ready for this story to be over, but it really was the perfect ending for this couple. Cale and Mickey stayed true to character, in their own thoughts as well as their interactions, until the very last page. They both remained flawed and human throughout, and this made their relationship that much more real and beautiful to read.

I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys emotional rollercoasters and genuine, believable characters with loads of chemistry.
Denise Owens
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hart of Mine is the 4th book in the Cale & Mickey series by Annie Arcane. It is a novella and the happily ever after story of the romance of the pair. I loved this novella. Cale and Mickey continue their crazy back and forth banter because they are both so very stubborn. I continued to laugh and cry, again, throughout this book. Annie has written such great characters that I felt kind of sad when I finished this book; I'm really going to miss this couple. I really loved this book and this wh ...more
Jane Blythe
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aww!! Awwwww!! Awwwwwwwwww!! The ending to Cale and Mickey's story was absolutely the sweetest thing ever!! Totally loved it!! Lots of great banter between Cale and Mickey as well, and of course a couple of arguments because these two love to argue, but the ending was definitely my favourite part of the story!!
Anna
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I'll miss Mick and Cale, uhhhh.
Thank you, Annie!! This story was sooo sooo gooood!!
Besos
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
A good conclusion to this story about a hero who struggles with his disability and his insecurities in his relationship.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes: http://badassbloggettes.blogspot.com/...
Romance Rehab
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews originally posted on the blog: http://www.romancerehab.com/

Anyone who has read my reviews (or social media posts) knows I’m a huge fan of this author. She’s hilarious and talented and has a writing voice that’s unlike anything I’ve ever read. (And I read A LOT, folks--so, that’s no small accomplishment) I would call her work polarizing: you’ll either adore it, or you’ll hate it. (And the hate will stem from lack of understanding, because honestly, not everyone will “get” Annie Arcane
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
There was really no reason for the author to have three separate novellas for this couple. It would have been better to just have the one sequel. This one, once again, had no plot. And maybe I'm expecting too much for a novella, but it was just ridiculous. At least I FINALLY know who Dixon Rush is, but I am still left with a bunch of questions. And Cale acted like a complete jerk about him. He got angry at a spot and ridiculous and in between his stupid, petty jealous, he would go on and on abou ...more
Ruby McDemon
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just as the 3 previous books in the series I loved this one. Mickey's and Cale's banter always puts a smile on my face and makes me think of the gag worthy things me and my own boyfriend do. I love when couples don't seem like they would mesh, but in fact they are so happy together. I'm sad the series is at an end, but at least we finally have a good idea of what really happened that first night.
Colleen
May 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Read because of an online review of Hart Broken (Cale & Mickey #1) which was listing novels in a "best reads....." category. Not one of my favourite best reads even though well written. I read the whole series only because of Cale & Mickey 2-4 were short.
Rainy
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, sexy and sassy!

Fun, sexy and sassy!
I enjoyed this series and if i am honest, this is my second time reading it.

More books please thru kindle inlimited!😍😍😍
Paula Genereau
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot dang. This book was amazing. I love this series so much. Couldn't put it down.
JenniB
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jb
This finished it off wonderfully. These two still have their issues but are so deeply in love that they are able to build a life together! This one is warm and leaves you with a brilliant fuzzy feeling! Great ending 👍❤
Helen Beasley
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

I got the opportunity to the read the final book and oh my word I was crying by the end Micky and cale have gone through a lot throughout these stories and when Mickey throws a party for cale and Cameron with help of Cameron's wife Mickey finds out she is expecting but cale is sitting on his own outside thinking about things

Will he be happy or will he leave her.the epilogue is where everything comes together and where you more into Mic
Sam
Jul 04, 2017
tonia
Jul 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Romance with wounded heroes, disabled characters, alpha males, and angst.

Annie doesn’t like long walks on the beach, getting dolled up, or fairy-tale endings with a boringly perfect hero. She’d much rather be rock climbing, shooting guns, or ending on real love with a deliciously imperfect hero. And hugs. She likes hugs.

She also has a B.Sc. in Biology and feels kinda sorta weird re

Cale & Mickey (4 books)
  • Hart Broken (Cale & Mickey #1)
  • Hart of His (Cale & Mickey #2)
  • Hart of Hers (Cale & Mickey #3)
“I’m not ashamed to admit I partake in an unhealthy amount of gawking when the man transfers about. Whether or not he’s naked, the effect is no different. I morph into a drooling, Cale-obsessed fangirl. Giddy squeals. Hopeless sighs. It’s pathetic, really. And, actually, clothing seems to do nothing but exacerbate the problem. Because the way his muscles bunch under crisp, clean cotton…” 2 likes
“Hooking both thumbs into my waistband, I rocked my hips from side to side, and slid the dress pants down my thighs.
As gravity took over, pooling the fabric at my ankles, I heard her say, “Sexy.”
Bullshit. “Just so you know, I feel like an idiot.”
“Just so you know, you’re melting my panties.”
With a sarcastic snort, I grabbed a knee to pull my leg free. “Are you even wearing panties?” Chances were slim.”
1 likes