Start by marking “Darkest Night (Sons of Broad, #1)” as Want to Read:
Darkest Night (Sons of Broad, #1)

Darkest Night

(Sons of Broad #1)

In the sultry streets of Charleston, one family, ruled by its powerful, take-no-prisoners sons, has risen to the top. But a merciless enemy is out to destroy them…and everyone they hold close…

SHE THOUGHT SHE’D LOST HIM FOREVER
Tilly Brock has learned—the hard way—how to take care of herself. Once a pillar of Charleston society, her family lost everything in the wake of a sh
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 342 pages
Published February 27th 2018 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Darkest Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkest Night

Carrie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Darkest Night by Tara Thomas is the first full length novel in the Sons of Broad romantic suspense series. There were three novellas that opened the series that featured a different main couple than the full length books do so it’s not totally necessary to have read them but they did give a glimpse into the story.

In this first full length book the story has been turned over to Tilly Brock and Keaton Benedict. Tilly had been working in the bar with the main character from the novellas where she a
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

3.5 Stars

description

So after reading the novellas in this series and enjoying them (for the most part), I was super curious to see how this author tackled the full-length stories. I was not disappointed. This was a pretty decent read. Oh sure the relationship was a little insta, and it had some crazy OW drama, but the mystery aspect was pretty well done. We get a tiny bit more insight into THE GENTLEMAN, and we are introduced to a new character JADE. I have a theory about Jade, and I can't wait to see if I
Dianne
My Rating: 3.5 Stars I read this twice and I still couldn't find that connection I needed.

Money buys power, but power can be used for good or evil. Someone with a lot of money is out to destroy one of the “pillar” families in Charleston, a family who is not used to being challenged anywhere. Someone has a score to settle and their power is widespread. Their money and their mind games and their assassins are a deadly mix for Charleston and its people.

Years before, a major scandal cost Tilly and h
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you St. Martin's Press for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Tara Sue Me writes under the name of Tara Thomas in her newest romantic thriller series Sons of Broad. Darkest Night begins with Tilly Brock and Keaton Benedict. Tilly and her parents banished the town when her father was involved in a scandal in the Benedict Industries. All their hard earned fortune was stripped instantly and eventually losing Keaton. Eight years later, Tilly and Keaton reunited while she's worki
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This was quite the steamy thriller! I just loved it! There were some moments that my kindle fogged up! I selected this book because I enjoy a good thriller and it was based in Charleston, where I currently live! I just love when a book is based in your home state and even better city! I love reading about the different wealthy societies and the eerie times in this thriller that definitely made my heart race! I really enjoyed this debut and would recommend it!
Betul
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

Darkest Night is the first book in the Romantic Suspense Sons of Broad series. There were a couple of things I liked and a couple of things I didn't. It started great and I was looking forward to seeing how the two main characters Keaton and Tilly would reconnect and develop their relationship. Both of them were likable characters and had great personalities. However after being out of touch for eight years, they kind of rushed back i
Anita
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense

I am a sucker for any romance/romantic-suspense/mystery/cozy with its' setting in the South and Charleston is such a romantic and mysterious setting that I expected a lot more than I got for mood and setting. I love this region and I particularly love it when an author can make it live as another character in their books. So much for what I wish for. This book could have been s
Nadine Bookaholic
When I started this series, with the novellas, Tara Thomas was a new to me author I hadn't read any of her books under her other pen name Tara Sue Me either, well that is definitely going to change. I am hooked on the Sons of Broad series! Although this is the first official book in the series I would highly suggest reading the three novels, Shattered Fear, Hidden Fate, and Twisted End that started it all, you don't need to in order to read this book but I feel the story that threads through the ...more
Melanie
3.5 Stars

Darkest Night was a suspenseful, fast-paced read with a second chance at love romance and a plot that never lets up.

After a shocking scandal destroyed her family, Tilly Brock learned the hard way that nothing in life is easy. For Keaton Benedict, everything came too easy as the privileged youngest son in the renowned Benedict family. When Keaton and Tilly meet for the first time in eight years, neither of them is sure what will come of their renewed friendship. But after a startling str
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

I had the privilege of reading the prequel, Shattered Fear, prior to reading Darkest Night by Tara Thomas. I absolutely loved Shattered Fear, along with the characters and looked forward to that same attachment to Darkest Night. While there were a few crossover characters, you could easily read Darkest Night as a standalone, without reading the prequel novella. Note that this book ends in a major cliff hanger, so be prepared to be
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darkest night is the first full-length novel in the Sons of Broad series. As you might know, I was very eager to get my hands on this book because I wanted answers. The unfortunate thing is that I didn't get them and even worse I got more. We get deeper into the gentleman's world by reading a few parts from his point of view and Jade's. I know that is a little far-fetched, but I want Jabe to be the sister the Benedict's didn't know they had. Jade might not be the best person at the moment, but s ...more
Heather
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Having read the prequel novellas to this series, I was looking forward to reading more of this series. Even though I did take issue with the heroine of the novellas, I liked the overall mystery surrounding "The Gentleman." In this installment, there is a new couple featured that is also on the Gentleman's hit list for reasons that have not yet been revealed. While I enjoyed most of Tilly and Keaton's story, I did feel as though some threads were unresolved. Of course, the big one is who is the G ...more
Bambi Unbridled
This book didn't work for me and I DNF'd. I didn't get far enough into the story to judge the writing. I just couldn't connect to the characters. I didn't realize it was a new adult story - I like my characters in romantic suspense to be a bit older and established. Thanks for the opportunity to review.
~Mandi~
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darkest Night
Sons of Broad #1
Tara Thomas
5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Amazing read!!! Couldn’t put it down! There’s a serial killer on the loose and you never know who is gonna be next.
This was such a great start to this new series by Tara Thomas. It definitely gets your heart racing during some scenes. And you can’t stop reading because you have to know what’s coming next.
Can’t wait to start on Book 2 Deadly Secret so I can get closer to finding out who the killer mastermind is. I have my ideas but we will see.
Tha
Cathy Geha
Darkest Night by Tara Thomas
Sons of Broad #1

The blurb made me want to read the book BUT the book did not live up to the blurb. I think this book should be marketed to YA/NA readers who may be more forgiving. As an introduction to a new series the brothers are introduced and we know they will each get their own book BUT for me I don’t think I am really interested in reading the series. That said, I would like to thank SMP and NetGalley for the ARC.

So, Tilly is working in a gentleman’s club and s
Wendy LeGrand
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
After reading the three novellas that Tara released in the Sons of Broad series, I was excited to start reading the full length books that will release over the next few months. Darkest Night is the first of three and it is about Tilly Brock, a college student working as a cocktail server in a Gentlemen's club. We learned in those novellas that she has been harboring feelings for a certain boy she grew up with but has lost contact with for reasons she's not willing to disclose.

In Darkest Night,
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Exciting new to me author, Ms. Thomas, transports me away into a world of intrigue, betrayal and brotherhood. Full disclosure, I did not read the blurb. There are two people at St. Martin's who seem to really match me up to new authors I will enjoy. I went into the story cold as Meghan from St. Martin's has yet to steer me wrong. I'm glad she sent this book to me because now I have a new author to add to my collection of must reads.

From the very first page, my attention is captured. Tilly Brock
Taylor Fenner
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, favorites, suspense
A week after Tilly Brock's first kiss with her childhood best friend Keaton Benedict, her father was accused of embezzling from Keaton's father's powerful shipping industry and her family's standing in Charleston was ruined. Now back in Charleston and working as a waitress in a gentlemen's club Tilly fantasizes that one day the boy she left behind will come walking through the door - and then he does.

Keaton Benedict never forgot about Tilly Brock nor did he ever quite believe what he father was
Paige
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This first book in the Sons of Broad series hooked me and made me want to read the next book. This is a romantic suspense read that moves quickly, and it has a slightly over the top soap opera feel. This series features the wealthy and influential Benedict family, namely brothers Knox, Kipling, and Keaton. This book focuses on Keaton, who unexpectedly reconnects with his childhood sweetheart, Tilly Brock.

Tilly and Keaton have explosive physical chemistry which is prominent in this story. To comp
Francoise
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Tara Thomas is a new-to-me author of romantic suspense. This author writes erotic romance under the pen name Tara Sue Mae, but I had never read her books. Her new series “Sons of Broad” is off to a great start with this first full-length installment. An emotional and heartwarming story of true love is deftly intertwined with a suspenseful storyline featuring murders of young women. The dark and chilling mystery hooked me and I enjoyed the charming romance between the main characters. Th
Linda Zagon
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review of “Darkest Night” by Tara Thomas, St. Martin’s Press, February 27,2018

“Darkest Night” by Tara Thomas is an intense and captivating novel of suspense, romance, and thrilling mystery. There are betrayals, deep secrets, revenge, jealousy, danger and murder. The author weaves her story around the wealthy and successful Benedict Brothers in Charleston. There is at least one deadly enemy sworn to destroy them. There are many twists and turns.

The author describes are characters as complex an
Kari
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, for-review, kindle

Darkest Night is the first in a new series that centers on the Benedict Brothers. They are heirs to an empire. Someone seems to have it out for them but who? This one focuses on the youngest of the brother, Keaton and his childhood sweetheart, Tilly.

For the most part, I enjoyed the book. I liked the brothers and their relationship. There is a mysterious man named The Gentleman who is out to destroy the brothers and those close to them. We don't get any answers really as to who he is or
Joli
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 3.5 out of 5

DARKEST NIGHT could be read as a sweet romance Keaton and Tilly if there weren't so many perilous situations at every turn. Their lives are surrounded with mysterious deaths and danger all around them. Keaton and Tilly reconnect by a chance encounter and their lives are thrust together. They weren't sweethearts, but there is a closeness of shared childhood experience that is undeniable.

Like the prequel novella, SHATTERED FEAR, this story has that creepy, freak you out suspense
Linda
" Darkest Night", is the first book in Ms Thomas's series Sons of Broad Street and gets four solid stars from me.
Ms Thomas has created a suspense filled second chance romance story that centers around a wealthy Charleston family , The Benedicts. Unbeknownst to any of the Benedict brothers they have an enemy plotting their take down but not just financially the Villian is attacking on a personal level also.
So for our two main characters Keaton Benedict and Tilly Brock their reburgeoning romance
Kathy Martin
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This first Sons of Broad book is romantic suspense with a heavy emphasis on suspense. Someone wants Tilly Brock dead. That same someone also wants to bring down the wealthy and powerful Benedict family.

Keaton Benedict is the youngest of the three Benedict brothers. He's a recent college graduate who wants to begin a division in Benedict Shipping for charitable giving. He's with some friends at a gentleman's club celebrating his graduation when he spots Tilly.

Keaton and Tilly were best friends on
Robin Brister
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good start to a new series. There was enough suspense to keep my interest. It is almost a second chance romance for Tilly and Keaton. It was fun to see them maneuver everything being thrown their way, while trying to discover their feelings for each other. Im hoping this book is setting up some of the romances we will see in the future books. Fair warning, not all questions you have will be answered in this book.
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Darkest Night is the first full length novel in the Sons of Broad series. It is a second chance romance that also has elements of suspense and mystery added in the mix. Who is not a fan second chance romances? I know I am! There is an overarching plot line that was developed in this story and it is definitely going to have me coming back for more. There are three novellas in this series that are openers to the main characters that are featured throughout this series. Reading the novellas are not ...more
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Darkest Night was filled with suspense, and there were some truly evil characters here. While I enjoyed Tilly and Keaton, there was a bit of the damsel in distress here, just as in the prequel novella. And I'm sure I'd have enjoyed this story even more if Tilly had been a little less weepy.
April Showers Bring Fungi From Yuggoth
Review: DARKEST NIGHTS by Tara Thomas

If you want to know how the 10% live and love, try this mystery/romantic suspense. If you're curious about the links some will go to in order to.maintain their status, or to feed their greed, or to boost their status (or just cause they're sadistic, cruel, and unconscionable), take a close look at DARKEST NIGHTS. The War Between the States was not the only trouble that came to Charleston.

DARKEST NIGHTS is a fast-paced and sometimes gritty mystery that will en
Dawn Herring
I began reading this full-length novel in this series after finishing the first novella, in which Tilly and the background of the mystery are introduced. Like with the novella, I found the plot interesting, and I think this author tells a good story. What I didn't like in this one had to do with the Elise character. I do not enjoy books with anything close to a love triangle, or a vindictive ex, or some other third-party love interest causing problems, or anything along those lines. And had I kn ...more
  • Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3)
  • How to Rope a Real Man (Catcher Creek, #3)
  • Cold Light
  • Loving a Lawman (Cattle Creek, #1)
  • Glass Ceilings (True Heroes, #2)
  • Cowboy's Redemption (The Montana Cahills, #4)
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)
  • Hawaiian Healing (Hawaiian Heartbreak, #2)
  • The A-Word (Sweet Dead Life, #2)
  • Convenient Lies (Hidden Truths #1)
  • Promising Azra
  • Snowbound (The Protectors, #2)
  • Brief Space Between Color and Shade
  • Signs of Life (Rough Romance, #2)
  • Texas Twist (Texas Montgomery Mavericks, #4)
  • The Enforcer (Games People Play #2)
  • Wild Mustang Man
  • After Hours (The Boardroom, #1)
Tara Thomas’s love of books and writing started as a child and though she wanted to be an author, she decided a degree in science was more practical. After fifteen years in the pharmaceutical industry, she returned to her first love and hasn’t looked back since.

She writes erotic romance as Tara Sue Me. Her Submissive Series novels have been on both the New York Times and USA Today Bestseller lists

Sons of Broad (3 books)
  • Deadly Secret (Sons of Broad #2)
  • Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3)