Start by marking “The scars of you” as Want to Read:
The scars of you

The scars of you

4.8  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Braxton has spent six years running from his past and the memories that haunt him. The loss of the girl who owns his heart and his best friend unleashed the dark in him. Part of a world of crime and murder, Brax knows he’s reached a breaking point and something’s got to give. He has to find her.
Isabelle.
The girl he's loved since she saved him that fateful day when they wer
Expected publication: August 24th 2017 by Self published

To ask other readers questions about The scars of you, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The scars of you

Jan
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Once I started The Scars of you, I couldn't put it down!.

You know when you read a book, you get to scenes and your heart starts to thud? well mine did this over and over with this book, Rachael Tonks you owe me lager, lots and lots of lager lol

I'm a sucker for a childhood to adult love story but this was so much more. The Scars of you is dark, gripping and intense.

For Six years Braxton (Brax) has been searching for his childhood best friend and love of his life Izzy (Isabelle) who just di
Lisa Morgan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow, I just want to start by saying this is one of my favourite books that Rachael has written.

received and ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Three best friends, a terrible day that ends in heartbreak.

Brax has only ever loved one woman, that woman will forever own his heart but when she's snatched away from him and he's unable to find her his life changed and the man he becomes as the opposite of the boy he was.

Isabella (izzy) loves her best friends, she always will especially the one bo
BookSmacked
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Scars of You takes you through an emotional roller coaster of angst, heartbreak, hope and then ends with a oh hell nooooooo !! Dark and edgy this book had me reading so quickly I didn't even realize I had gotten to the end and when I did FUCK ME !!!

When I saw the cover and the title I immediately said to myself I have to read this. It sounds exactly like the type of book I love.

Instantly I'm geared up knowing that Braxton has been through hell and back and is desperate to find Izzy his fir
Jamie Ellis
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing...it's the darkest I've seen written by Rachael Tonks and by the far the best. We've got the Three Amigo's, Braxton, Trav and Izzy. They are inseperable until one comes up missing for years and the other tragically taken away. The search never stops and the circumstances are just tragic and twisted. Lot's of players and yes I'm going to say it again twists. I'm not going to give it all away because well that would just ruin the book for you...just know I can't wait for the ...more
Melissa Ann
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is my first read by Rachael Tonks and this book blew all my expectations away! So intense! I was on edge of my seat, biting my nails! I laughed, cried, held my breathe! This is hands down one of the BEST reads of 2017 for me! Everyone needs to read this book and get ready for the ride of their lives! I honestly wish I could give this book more than 5 stars!
Anne Dawson (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
I was excited to read this, I love a dark and twisted read and having the privilege of beta reading for Rachael, I was able to get my hands on an early copy and damn, this was my favourite of hers to date.

What a ride she took us on!!!! Both Braxton and Isabelle are survivors - neither of their lives has been easy to say the least, growing up as best friends they were inseparable. Isabelle was ripped away from the only life she knew and kept locked up by her father who in his own twisted way want
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It had all my favorite things!! Emotions running rampant, I felt the losses of people, time, and chances. The darker elements lending strength to the characters, the excitement and suspense as they intertwined, the triumph of what you thought was a conclusion, only to be left slack jawed at a surprise ending!! It was a journey! I thank the Author for providing a copy to review!

~~~Erika, Book Haven Book Blog
Stacey Broadbent
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
First of all, let me start by saying Whaaaaaaat? You can't just end it like that! I need answers! Oh my God, I need a moment to wrap my head around that, because I wasn't prepared for that ending. Now I'm going to be waiting with bated breath for the next one!

Isabelle, Braxton and Travis are like the three amigos. They've been friends for a long time, and in each other they found a safe haven. Only their entire world is spun out of control by the acts of a controlling father, and some crazed men
Yvonne Eason
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
OK let me start by saying, why; what; how can you leave me hanging like that?

Just when you have hope in your soul does someone pull the rug out from under you. There are twists in this book you don't see coming. Well I didn't!

There were times in the middle that I thought things seemed to go a little fast. Then Racheal goes and throws a spanner in the works.

Braxton is broody, hot and so alpha. However there is a little part of him that is lost and stuck in the past. He lost everything he cared a
Becky Wise
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yes totally picking jaw up off the floor. Damn. I love a good twisty read. And this is a fabulous twisty read. Braxton stole my heart. His Alpha I will never forget or stop looking for her just drew me in from an instant. This is a story of 2 survivors both hanging on for that little hope of the one they love to save them. And bam, holy moly what a ride. I'm so ready to slap Jessica damn her. Isabelle such a strong heroin. I kept expecting one thing and the strength she has is amazing. Rachael u ...more
Rebecca Pashley
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW.... What can I say this author just keeps pumping out fantastic book after fantastic book and this is 100% my favorite to date! Full of Twists and turns, I didn't know if I was coming or going. I loved reading about the past between the three characters and then being whipped in to the future and following both Brax and Isabelle stories that intertwined at the end. I absolutely LOVED Brax and Isabelle was so strong a really good match. BUT SERIOUSLY WAY TO LEAVE US HANGING!!! I cant wait to ...more
Krista Richardson
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is ah-mazing!! My emotions were all over. I can't even. I was up, down, settled, down some more then happy as a clam then the book ended. How am I suppose to live life while waiting for book 2?! Lol. I can't wait! There's just so much to say and it enough space, haha. Read this book!! You won't be disappointed!!
Shannon Godwin
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! Talk about an adrenaline rush!!! I was sooo not ready for this book to end. I need the rest of the story!
Izzy & Brax have so much to fight for. I'm hoping Tara comes in to be a good girl & not try to get revenge on Brac Also. There's so much going on! I can't wait to see what happens. Carter has a mess to figure out!
Emma Johnston
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've had the privilege of beta reading this book and it is by far the best book of Rachael's yet!

Dark, twisted & oh so sexy, Brax is definitely a new book boyfriend for me and nownmy favourite from this author <3
Jenny Shepherd
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I fell in love with Braxton and Isabelle. Their story will break your heart and put it back together and break it again. This story will keep you reading until the last page! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! A must read!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Sarah Strawinski
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was very emotional, sad, happy and mad were all emotions I felt when reading it. I can't believe ending though! I need the next book now, I have to know what happens. I'll wait patiently though.
Kim Sutton
Review to follow
Eva Flowers
Aug 11, 2017
Mindy
Aug 10, 2017
Rachael Tonks
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kelly Walker
Cat Wright
Jennifer Lessard
Carlislekitty
Aug 06, 2017
Rachael Tonks is a contemporary romance author with a love of books, and a particular love of the romance genre. As a child Rachael could always be found with her head in a book, but it wasn't until the beginning of 2015 when Rachael's love of books really took over.
Reading spurred on her desires to put pen to paper, and write down the story of the characters screaming for their story to be told.
More about Rachael Tonks...