Start by marking “A Bouquet of Brides Romance Collection: For Seven Bachelors, This Bouquet of Brides Means a Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:

A bouquet of brides is picked for love.
Meet seven American women who were named for various flowers but struggle to bloom where God planted them. Can love help them grow to their full potential?

Holly and Ivy by Mary Davis (1890, Washington State)
At Christmastime, Holly Harrison accompanies her impetuous younger sister on her trip across the country to be a mail-order
Published January 1st 2018 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about A Bouquet of Brides Romance Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bouquet of Brides Romance Collection

Deanne Patterson
Beautiful stories. I love the Barbour novella collections. It gives us a chance to read known to us authors and try new to us authors all in one book. All the main character females in this collection have flower names and some beautiful and unusual ones too like Yarrow and Pennyroyal. I have read many Barbour books over the years and I can always count on clean,fun and entertaining reads that I can have confidence sharing with my teen daughter.
Pub Date 01 Jan 2018
Rebekah
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I must not have read the description very carefully as I didn't know what kind of bouquet these brides had in common, it wasn't till the third story I noticed all the bride's names were flowers! What an intresting idea and it made for a great collection. I like best these collections, that while they share a common thread showing creative takes on the same idea the stories each have a great variety of settings and storylines!

Holly and Ivy by Mary Davis (1890, Washington State) - I did like this
Amy
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Bouquet of Brides Romance Collection is a collection of seven stories about seven bachelors. These stories include:
Holly and Ivy by Mary Davis
Periwinkle in the Park by Kathleen Kovach
At Home with Daffodils by Paula Moldenhauer
A Song for Rose by Suzanne Norquist
The Beauty of Tansy by Donita K. Paul
A Prickly Affair by Donna Schlachter
In Sheep’s Clothing by Pegg Thomas
I enjoyed these stories. All of these authors are new to me and hope to see more by them in the future.
4 stars.
Karen R
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable collection of new historical novellas!
Set all across America, mainly in the late 1800's to early 1900's, and ending with one in Colonial times. The variety of women featured in the stories all share names from flora-- Holly, Ivy, Periwinkle, Tansy, Rose, Daffodil, Lily, and Yarrow; each one as different and colorful as their names. The gentlemen they meet are an interesting mix too, from rough ranchers and a quarryman, to a fine woodworker, an opera singer, and a soft, smitten New
Becky
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like the olios of romantic stories to just while away an hour or two between jobs I need to do and this one is a complete bouquet of flowers. Each heroine's name is also a flower name but sometimes the girl in question doesn't like her name or its implications. The hero of the story has to convince the posey that she is not only likable, but her flower name has a broader, more impressive meaning than she believes.

Barbour Books searches out the authors who do creditable jobs in putting togethe
Kim
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Eight men find their rare flowers in these 7 historical Christian Romances. These story take the reader from 1702 Connecticut to 1890 Washington to 1885 Arizona Territory and 1910 Colorado and even to small town Oklahoma. The stories take you along on the discovery of what God has in store for these couples and the adversities they have to overcome to become a bride.

Holly & Ivy by Mary Davis 1890 Washington Holly & Ivy Harrison are sisters working in a society house in Maryland when Ivy
Tina
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A Bouquet of Brides Collection: for 7 Bachelors this Bouquet of Brides Means a Happily Ever After

I really enjoy reading mail-order brides novellas, especially set in early America as A Bouquet of Brides Collection is. This collection spans the years of 1702-1918; taking the reader along the dusty trails and paths to distant locations from Connecticut to Colorado, Arizona Territory, Washington State, Oklahoma, and South Dakota.

Along the way we meet young men of various backgrounds….rough rancher
Crystal
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
My Thoughts:
Novella collections are a fantastic avenue for discovering new authors which is one of the reasons why I gravitate toward them. Bouquet of Brides provides great exposure to seven aspiring authors offering sweet stories of romance blooming in unexpected situations. Two stories that I particularly enjoyed were Holly and Ivy by Mary Davis and In Sheep’s Clothing by Pegg Thomas. Davis’s story offered humor at Nick’s disdain and astonishment at learning Ivy’s intent on marrying a man she
Carol
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Bouquet of Brides Romance Collection what an adventurous (Holly and Ivy on their way to Frontier Country to marry a toad of a man. When they are, let's say a wonderful surprise.) Knowledgeable (Periwinkle is the national parks tour guide-she is knowledgeable about that but not so on men. Then she meets....) Relational (it starts off with the couple's being already together. Then what happens is fantastic.) Partnership.(you have a couple with a surprising ending. You will be amazed. They are pa ...more
Jericha Kingston
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed Pegg Thomas' In Sheep's Clothing. This is a beautifully woven historical romance. Set in 1702, colonial days come alive - with all their joys and sorrows. Yarrow is an artisan of her trade. Peter recognizes her talent and proposes a business arrangement. Both live under the law of the King. Both have secrets that could destroy them. Beautifully written.
Nicole Normand
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy from NetGalley; this is my honest review. Total 4.3 stars.
1.Holly & Ivy (4.5*): Great story. Loved how things worked out. Two stories out of one. Not much on the romance, though. Out of nowhere, two full pages of sermons etc. with nothing before/after.
2.Periwinkle in the Park (4*): Great story, missing a bit of details. Loved the couple. Set in 1910 but has words that came out after, such as jalopy (1920's).
3.At Home with Daffodils (3.5*): Loved Jace a lot. He did everythin
Marge Wiebe
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Want to read more than one great story in one sitting? A Bouquet of Brides takes you on seven different journeys as seven bachelors find true love. These authors have done a great job creating fun, conflict-filled stories. I found the characters real and engaging, the plots intriguing, and the romance heart-warming. This is one collection I'll be reading again soon!
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such an interesting group of stories of strong forward thinking women, seven to be exact, finding love when least expected.
A Bouquet of Brides Collection has a story for everyone, especially if you like flowers, love and honorable men. The women in these stories are waiting for the right person to come along and help them to bloom into the lovelies that God created them to be. So much adventure, heartache, forgiveness, love, humor and hope scattered throughout the pages.

The authors: Mary Davis
Lisa Book Shelf
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
from net galley.
What a wonderful collection of books from some new authors to me. This Bride collection shows love no matter the time period is a joy . And these novella gives us a peak at each authors writing style while flowing together with the tie being the brides names -flowers. Looking forward to reading more from these amazing authors,
Ruby
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect anthology that inspires warm feelings of happy endings and beautiful weddings... these are a perfect way to read new authors so I always recommend them.
Andrea
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love that Barbour collections include some of my favorite authors and introduce "new to me" authors.
The “bouquet” in this book is a wonderful collection of brides named after flowers. I liked that unique link.
As a whole, I enjoyed the book. There were a couple novellas that seemed a bit rushed with abrupt beginnings or endings. I think a few more paragraphs on either side would have given them more depth. I still enjoyed the stories though. I learned a few things too, especially reading Pegg
Kara R.  Hunt
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So far I've only had the privilege of reading one of the books in the series, In Sheep's Clothing, by Pegg Thomas, but if this is any indication of what the rest of them will be like then you're in for a real treat!

Gail
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's interesting that the bouquet of brides all have flower names. I like unusual names so that appealed to me. I also like stories with a colonial setting or era. I especially liked the one by Pegg Thomas because it included sheep and we used to raise sheep.
A collection of various authors is fun to read.
Lulu D.
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful read, I greatly enjoyed it. I love being able to try new authors and read from ones that I already have read books from before. All the different romances were wonderfully written, and it definitely was what I like in romance books.
Psusan
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Bouquet of Brides Romance Collection includes bridal stories by Mary Davis, Kathleen E. Kovach, Paula Moldenhauer, Suzanne Norquist, Donita Kathleen Paul, Donna Schlachter, and Pegg Thomas. Some of these authors were new to me so I always find an anthology a great way to sample their work. These stories all carry a common theme besides being American brides, one that I found delightful. Each of the female lead character has a flower name. How fun is that.
The stories range in time from the 17