Start by marking “Skin Hunger (Escaping Indigo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skin Hunger (Escaping Indigo, #2)

Skin Hunger

(Escaping Indigo #2)

Ava should be living her dream as the drummer for Escaping Indigo. The problem is, she’s secretly in love with her bandmate, Tuck. But he’s fallen for someone else. Being a drummer is still the best, but for Ava, every day is also a reminder of what she can’t have.

With her grandmother moving into assisted living, Ava figures it’s a good time to head home and help out. And
Published November 13th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Skin Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Hunger

Lexxi Kitty
Book received from both Netgalley and Riptide Publishing for an honest review

One of the problems of casually entering a LGBT book, specifically a book that, on the face of it, features two women, is the assumption (maybe only by me) that you are entering a romance. The book seemed to suggest this with the book description, it seemed to suggest this with the way the book opened with two women, one a drummer of a successful band, the other a dancer, meeting on a plane and having a satisfying intro
Rain Merton
Nov 18, 2017 added it
Shelves: lesfic
One of the best books I've read this year!

This novel is as much about the romance as it is about Ava's--and by extension--any of our capability to engage in a relationship. Skin Hunger shows romance can only plausibly emerge when we allow ourselves, because we've either stopped lying to ourselves, or because we're on our way to resolving the many other (non-romantic) relationships we have in our lives.

Ava needs to figure herself out, both in terms of her identity and desires, and in relation t
Stephanie
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
First book for me by this author. This is the second of what is so far a 3 book series and the only one so far F/F. I enjoyed this a lot. It's a very angsty, quick romance. But, I enjoyed the main characters. There were nice well developed secondary characters. There was conflict swirling around AVA. I thought the author did a good job of making legitimate conflict and it never felt contrived.
The ending wasn't perfect and I hope that means we may hear more about AVA and Cara in the future.

I rece
Catherine
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have not read the first book in this series as I generally stick to lesfic and the first book is m/m. Others who have read the first will be able to tell you if you would be better off reading that first. However from my perspective I didn't lose anything from the story except maybe being able to see Ava through someone else's eyes. I am still deciding if I want to get the first book as I think I would enjoy it.

Overall loved this book. The two characters Ava and Cara were likable and ones tha
Rena
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, lesfic

I liked being in the main character's head, but the supporting characters felt a little flat to me. Still an enjoyable read, and I may pick up the rest of the books in this series.
Joyfully Jay
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

While Skin Hunger follows the first book in this series, Escaping Indigo, it can be read as a standalone. The guys in the band are mentioned, but Ava is not with them during the course of the book and so this one works fine on its own.

This is solely Ava’s story. She is the first person narrator and she’s got a lot of stuff to figure out. She loves being a drummer and she loves her band and it’s where she feels she fits. But her parents were always disappointed in
Skye Kilaen
I wanted to like this. I've read other books by Lang and thought they were good, though the first book in this series was problematic in how it dealt with Bellamy's mental illness. (See Xan West's review about that topic.)

Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed by Skin Hunger. The attraction between Ava and Cara is firmly in the back seat to Ava's relationship with her parents, her relationship with her grandmother, and her longtime unrequited love for her best friend Tuck. There's just so much going
Jasmine
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Ava is a drummer in a band, and she's in love with her bandmate Tuck. Unfortunately he is in love with someone else. Life throws her a bone when Ava and Cara meet on the plane as Ava is heading home to help her family pack up her Grandmother's home as she moves into assisted living. They feel a connection almost immediately and fate would have it that they run into each other later that night. Ava is dealing with a lot between her family and her unresolved feelings for Tuck, but her life takes a ...more
Aj Smith
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
When I'm teaching my teenage students about the structure of stories I tell them that short stories, novels and films have five stages: routine, disruption, crisis, climax & resolution. Pretty much every good book and film you can think of has these phases to a greater or lesser extent. The most essential word in the previous sentence is good, given Skin Hunger is 1. dull as ditchwater and 2. features a quasi-disruption to a non-existent routine and then a vague and fairly mundane resolution ...more
Melisa
To be honest, I haven’t read many F/F romances. However, I read the first book in this series, Escaping Indigo, and was intrigued to see how the series continued. Skin Hunger follows Escaping Indigo drummer, as she returns home to help pack up her grandmother’s house and help her grandmother move to a nursing home. On her flight home, Ava sits next to and connects with Cara. Despite her attraction to Cara, Ava has been in love with one of her bandmates, Tuck, forever. While this book is partly a ...more
Katie
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A real surprise! This was one of the free BookBub recommendations I downloaded to my phone's stash of insomnia books, and although I've had a lot of those books with questionable quality, Skin Hunger was well-written and compelling. I didn't realize at the time it was the second in the series, but I never felt lost encountering it as a stand-alone book. I'm not a romance reader, but this was so awkward, uncomfortable, and honest that it was compelling. I also really sympathized with Ava's strugg ...more
Marie
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved reading about Ava and Cara. Ava is the drummer in a band, who's running away from her band mates to lick her wounds. She's in love with her bandmate, who unfortunately doesn't share the same sentiment. That's okay, because she meets Cara.

These two were really cute together, but it didn't have the classic romance feel. I felt like it was Ava's story, and the way she was working through the various issues that she was having. I loved watching this, her trying to find herself and navigate
Michelle
I'm going to admit. I thought this would be a fast read. I was expecting it to be a fast read as I had a new release hit my Kindle the same day I started this. So I'm not sure if I was truly engaged in this story b/c of the story itself or b/c I wanted to get to the new release. Either way it fell flat for me and I skimmed a good portion of it.
Megan
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my style of writing that I like to read. A good hook but like most romance books some of the inner monologue gets a little bit conceded and makes me feel like I don't want to relate or feel for the character. I try every book that sounds interesting but I could not finish, which is also a failure on my part.
S
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the premise of this book that a drummer comes back to her home town to help her grandmother move from her house into a retirement home. On the plane home she immediately falls for a stranger on the plane.
Andrea
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC from Netgalley and the Publisher

This book was written entirely from the POV of Ava and that was the problem with the book for me - Ava wasn’t a very likable character but i really liked Cara. Ava was too whiny for me. The whole book seemed a little too long and drawn out.
Florentine
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Loved it! Short enough to read in one sitting but the moral and emotions long outlast the final page. May have to read the next one in the series
Lindsay
Beck Amaya
May 26, 2019
Nicole
May 01, 2019
Eli Lang is a writer, drummer, and origami enthusiast. She lives in Arizona with too many pets and too many books.

Escaping Indigo (3 books)
  • Escaping Indigo (Escaping Indigo, #1)
  • Scratch Track (Escaping Indigo, #3)