Start by marking “Flirting with Death (The Hunted, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Death (The Hunted, #2.5)

Flirting with Death

(The Hunted #1.5)

Being a reaper has its perks, but also its downsides.

While on an assignment, Evander is caught off guard by an unmarked human.

Captivated, he is unable to tear himself away.

This is why reapers don’t associate with mortals.

Piper was ordinary, just a girl looking for love. And all she knows is that her current boyfriend isn’t it. An unfortunate incident and a series of rem
Published November 2nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Death

Dianne
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
She was looking for love, real love, but never expected to find it the night her boyfriend died. Piper couldn’t revive her boyfriend and that’s when Evander swooped in ready to do his job. Evander is a Reaper and never dreamed that one human girl could turn his world upside down in an instant. Does he follow the rules and leave the unmarked alone or will his heart tell him to go for the girl who was FLIRTING WITH DEATH?

A quick read, great for just a few minutes stolen to enjoy a good read. Ali W
Shy
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have one big problem about this book... It's too short! LoL! While I think it's not professional to be "LoLing" on my reviews, I can't help it. I really wish this as a full length novel. Seriously, I want more. The author did wonderfully with this short story. While it have the constraints of being a short story like you can't have too much conflict because there will be no time to fix that in a short story, it contains all the wonderful things that a full length novel has. I love the characte ...more
S.F. Benson
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The short story, "Flirting With Death", was the first fiction I’ve ever read by Ali Winters. It won’t be the last.

Winters wrote an imaginative love story between two unexpected characters, a reaper and a human. Definitely not your average couple. I loved these characters and their story.

Evander never imagined what could happen just doing his job. When the story opened, I got the sense that he had grown discontented with his position. He found the job mundane. He looked forward to finishing an as
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
This short story is absolutely adorable. The atmosphere was perfectly described and I really liked the setting as well. Evander's thought process was a little funny to me. The way he weighted his feelings regarding his work and his want. Todd's character got what was coming to him in my opinion. Poor Piper went through the gauntlet of emotions in this short. She managed to stay composed throughout the hectic upheaval.

Favorite quotes:

Echoes of laughter, and screams, blended with the carnival mus
Promisary
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ali Winters has done it yet again... an imaginative and truly captivating story between two seemingly unlikely lovers after the most unlikely event. Its romantic, its sweet, and its totally captured me and pulled me into the world. I can't wait to find out more.
Winter Sophia Rose
Enchanting, Sweet, Mesmerizing, Heartfelt & Imaginative! An Amazing Read! I Loved It!
Chandra Fry
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
A great short to get a sample of the amazingness that is The Hunted Series! It's like eating a bit of a delicious dessert. You savor it and long for more!
Ola Adamska
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2018
Good story set in an intriguing world.
Piper is in a toxic relationship. She looks for the true love. What will come on her and what role would be Evander's here?
For sure this series is worth trying after this first glimpse.
Dejanira Dawn
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, e-books, 2018-reads
I. NEED. MORE.
Alisha Webster
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ali Winters has been on my radar for a while because a good portion of my blogger/authors friends love her work. After reading her short story, I'm very excited to read The Reapers. If it's anything like 'Flirting with Death' it will be amazing. I'm a little sad I didn't pick it up sooner. I love the premise of the story; I can honestly say I have never read a book about Grim Reapers. Winter's story telling skills are fantastic, and I was left wanting more. Luckily, I grabbed 'The Reapers' right ...more
Genieinachanelbottle
Ali Winters is My go to author for Reaper Romance! I absolutley loved this delishous bite of her Hunted Series, Death has never been so Sexy! Flirting with Death is a Thrilling dark dangerous and sweetly romantic story that had my heart racing and left me craving more of Evander & Piper!!!
5 Stars all the way! I think U will find it a must read!
Brittney
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
The cover pulled me in (beautiful!) and then the short story had me hypnotized! I love the dual perspective and the emotional intensity -- will definitely be reading more by Ali Winters. :)

Brittney Joy
C.C. Ravanera
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Evander's story.

I met Evander in The Exodus, second book of The Hunted Series, and I liked his character every time he came into the scenes. He was a good reaper and had struck me as someone with a keen mind. Like most reapers, he was governed by the rules they all followed. However, he had enough sense to think first and weigh his decisions rather than blindly following the rules without question.

In this short, he came to reap a rather repugnant soul and met a human who sparked more tha
Lyn Mckenzie
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore the way that this author writes, after reading this short story I now need to read all of her books! It may be a novella but it feels like a full length story, you are sucked into the world from her imagination and its a world you never want to leave! She has the great talent of being able to create a world in which the reader can relate to, can see themselves in, giving the story a mixture of reality with supernatural.

I loved reading about Evander, he is so mysterious being
Shayay
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting short story in Ali Winters' The Hunted Series! Very quick read, and a fun read for any fan of The Hunted Series, which I totally am! In this short story, Evander is a Reaper out on a reap when he meets Piper, and feels a strong connection to her, but as a Reaper he shouldn't feel anything for the living. I enjoyed the connection between Piper and Evander, and I enjoyed getting another glimpse into The Hunted series world! I think the idea for this series is super cool! I ...more
Angel Leya
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ya paranormal romance short story fans
Evander is a Reaper, and he's good at what he does. That is, until one of his marks (a man despicable enough to elicit no remorse from Evander) has a companion who captures the Reaper's attention. Piper is her name, and the feisty redhead is far too good for her companion. But Evander needs to finish the job, no matter how interesting he finds Piper. But can he take down his mark before Piper arrests his heart?

This is a snack-sized paranormal romance and it's yummy! It gives you a great sense of
Dawn
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and Sweet

This is a novella in the Hunted Series. It's a very quick read, but an extremely cute and sweet one. Starring Evander and Piper. Completely possible to read at any point and not be lost without prior readings of any other books in the series. Although, I would suggest that you read at least one of the others. It would make a little more sense. But it's not necessary. I adored it and loved the short read. Always good for a lunch break or when you only have time for a quickie. LOL!!
T.
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received Flirting with Death from the author/publisher (via InstaFreebie). The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion. This was a very short, 60-pg short story that seemed like more of a character introduction than a story, as there is no real worldbuilding or detailed explanation for the relationship between Evander and Piper. Well written, but not much of a story--simply a peek at a couple linked events.
Layla
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If like short stories then this is for you. I don't really like reaper books but this one I loved. Yes it is short and there isn't much of a character development but that is what you get in books this length. I really loved both of the characters!
If you want to get a feel for the authors writing then I would recommend this book.
I am really looking forward to reading the rest in this series.
No language/sexual content.
Ella
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evander is a reaper and is really dispirited towards his latest mark- a guy called Tony; whom Evander sees as worthless. They guy's girlfriend, Piper, he finds intriguing. When he 'collects' Tony's soul Piper sees him- which shouldn't happen. Both find themselves drawn to each other, even years later. A quick story in this series and is wonderful to read.
Natalie
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful short story

This is my first story by this author.

A wonderful story well described that peaked my interest from the very beginning. Not having read the series, I didn't feel lost and felt able to keep up with the world these characters lived in.

Short and sweet and right to the point, this short drew me in and I can't wait to start the series.
Abby
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellas, reviews
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I thought that this was a fun and interesting short story. The characters and the world in which they reside were different while making you want to get to know them both more. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the rest of the series.
Gabrielle Hashimoto
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this short story and although short, found it emotion filled. Evander is a Reaper and in the course of his job, he meets Piper and feels a connection with her that he's never experienced. Can a Reaper and a human really have a happily ever after? Here's hoping we find out more in the next book. A short story that immediately drew me in!
C.J. Santiago
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

Render is a reaper with a job to do. She is the girlfriend of his mark. The mark is a total jerk who cares for no one but himself. Branded sees her and is instantly drawn to her. It's a very short but interesting story.
Lisa Eiff
Great short YA read

I enjoyed reading this story. It combines the fantastic with the real world flawlessly. This is a light read you can pick up when your free time is very limited, but still feel you can walk away having enjoyed a brief love story.
Michel
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

Found this novella thanks to a friend who linked it to me and loved it from start to finish was good short story with some interesting characters and a world that i am now curious about :) great work ali winters
Brittany Goodman
Cute

This was a short story with room to expand. It read quickly and was fun to get a glimpse into this world and briefly meet these characters. I look forward to the rest of these books.
The Library at Lilac Cottage
I did not care for this short story. It fell flat.
Deann
What a nice little intro! Will definitely be returning for more Evander and Piper.
Rebecca Brown
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Flirting

I really enjoyed reading this book. The characters were awesome. Can't wait to read more of author Ali Winters work.
« previous 1 3 next »
USA Today bestselling author Ali Winters was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest where she developed her love of nature, animals, and all things green.

For as long as she can remember, she’s been mesmerized by the extraordinary world of books and fantasy. There has never been a time when stories were not begging to be told, either by drawing, photography, or writing.

With encouragement from o

The Hunted (4 books)
  • The Reapers (The Hunted, #1)
  • The Exodus (The Hunted, #2)
  • The Moirai (The Hunted, #3)
  • The Fallen (The Hunted, #4)