Start by marking “Red Diamond: The True Story of Cold War Berlin’s Most Audacious Espionage Operation” as Want to Read:

The astonishing true story of the Berlin Tunnel, one of the West’s greatest espionage operations of the Cold War—and the dangerous Soviet mole who betrayed it.

Its code name was “Operation Gold,” a wildly audacious CIA plan to construct a clandestine tunnel into East Berlin to tap into critical KGB and Soviet military telecommunication lines. The tunnel, crossing the
Published September 24th 2019 by Custom House

Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
I am excited to find out that I have won the Goodreads Giveaway for this book! I can't wait to get this book in the mail. I have read so many great books the last 2 months. I love a good Historical book!!

Goodreads Synopsis:

B.
Oct 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway, but it's been more than a month and the book never showed and it's already past its release date. =/ If the book ever shows up (unlikely at this point - Goodreads already contacted the publisher), I'll read it and adjust this review as needed, but until then, failing to review this non-existant book is preventing me from winning other giveaways (hey, thanks algorithm!) so I'm putting this up until if/when the publisher decides to fix it. Maybe eno ...more
Tish Jenkins
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Steve Vogel has found a great story and told it in an entertaining and informative way. He does a great job describing the colorful characters involved in the enormous and highly classified project of building a tunnel and tapping the Soviet phone lines in Post WWII Berlin. It is a gripping tale of an astonishing feat, of spies and spy craft, and of the people who made it happen... and those who betrayed them. BRILLIANT!
Chris
Oct 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i wish i could say something.
i won the book and they still arent' honoring me
with a copy!