Start by marking “Switchback” as Want to Read:
Switchback

Switchback

Sierra Cody is on fire. A rising star in women's professional downhill mountain bike racing, she has all the tools to become a world champion. All she needs to do is fully commit herself. Something far easier said than done. As stubborn as she is independent, Sierra has always carved her own path, refusing to fall in line with the controlling, commercialized aspects of the ...more
Paperback, 1, 396 pages
Published June 9th 2017 by S.W. Andersen Books

To ask other readers questions about Switchback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switchback

Start your review of Switchback
Sandra
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance and sport, in fact, downhill biking, sounded a perfect match for me. And I wasn’t disappointed. I liked the whole package of Sierra and Kara.

On the first sight, the two main characters are very different, but after a while, it seems they have much more in common than thought. Sierra wants to become the worlds best downhill biker, but don’t want to be with a big company. She has to pay a price for her independence and has to work harder than the others. She is on a point, where she takes
Linda
Didn’t enjoy reading this as much as Love by Design. It’s a love story between the 2 main MCs - Sierra and Kara. It tells us their journey from the day they met, their insecurities and inhibitions and how they finally get their HEA with a ring at the end of it. Was an ok read for me though I must say it gets a bit too slow at times.

Ratings - 3.75
CLo
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable read

S.W. Andersen has easily become one of those authors that I am always excited when something new is released by them. The teasers for thks book has kept me checking Amazon pretty much daily. With that said, I really enjoyed this read overall. I still don't exactly know what a switchback is and I think it was only mentioned like once or twice in the book...
Anyway, the two main characters Sierra and Kara are very likeable even though Sierra came off very stalker/clingy and Ka
Les Rêveur
Sierra is at the top of her game in the mountain bike racing world and is ready to take on the championship when she meets Doctor Kara Davies and the world to starts to spin on its axis. Sierra has never been into long term relationships but she might be willing to try for Kara if only she could convince Kara of the possibility.

What I loved about this book was that the author was able to create the correct formula that gave the right amount of angst with the correct amount of time together as a
Val
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I simply could not get into this book and struggled to finish it. The dialogue was super cheesy and the whole thing felt awkward. I read Love By Design by this author and loved it. I'm sure I'll check out other offerings by Anderson but this one wasn't for me.
Doreen
Mountain bike rider and dedicated doctor race to their own finish line.

Sierra Cody races downhill on her mountain bike. Her goal is to win the World Cup. Kara Davies studies athletes for her research into sports medicine and treats riders injured while speeding down the course. They meet after Sierra's epic failure to complete her run. She took a header and nailed a tree. Doctor Davies treats her injuries, but Kara hopes to investigate Sierra more closely. Kara sees a woman who "toes the line be
Cristina
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: doc-nurs, sports, 2017
I was so close to not finishing this book. I don´t know why but I couldn't connect with the story nor the characters. I was so bored that I only want to be done with it.
Nolly  Sepulveda
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Lovely story, wonderfully written. Every beginning has it's downfalls but with love, courage and resilience anything is possible for true happiness to prevail. Sierra and Kara are two women who faced doubts and uneasiness in their lives and careers, that come together to make a relationship work while fighting their insecurities. The journey is intense and very well worth it.
Heather Henkel
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This was a really epic story! I loved all the different aspects of the characters and I liked the nerd references too! I really recommend this book!
Carol Hutchinson
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Sierra and Kara’s exciting ride of a story.

Sierra is a mountain bike racer, competing professional but she isn’t focusing properly because she suffers from commitment issues. When an injury leads to a meeting with Doctor Kara that begins to change.

For a long time both Sierra and Kara are holding back. They are very complex characters, sharing similar traits but their personalities are so different. Where Sierra is outgoing and bold, Kara is shy and nerdy. They really complemen
Kexx
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable but never felt the real excitement of the down hill chase. Good story though and worth a read. Thank you.
Dee Martin
Jul 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Am I the only one bothered by Sierra and her inability to take responsibility? She literally threw a tantrum, slept with her ex, omitted that she slept with her ex, ignored Kara's attempts at communication, and didn't even apologize. She didn't give Kara a chance to explain but was quick to jump to conclusions when she didn't immediately see Kara in the clinic after the race. Let's not forget Ronni harassing Kara in her place of work without having the full story. Should Kara been more upfront? ...more
Loek Krancher
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!

The realistic portrayal of the racing and the rivalry between the two friends is excellent done. You can feel the vibe around mountain bike racing. There is no rush to the finish as regards the romance. The building of their relationship is steadily paced. The main characters are very different yet so perfect together. One lives her life with reckless abandon and the other is a workaholic and a control freak. Both women don't have any successful experiences with relationships but both wo
Jim
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had me in tears

Can't read at work, to embarrassing to be caught in tears. I love the opportunity to read work in this or any genre that evokes genuine emotional response.
Loved it!

Mountain biking, microbrews, chiropractic doctoring...all mixed into this awesome love story. I really enjoyed this book by one of my favorite authors.
Kathy
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed The Story

But I thought it dragged in places and I found myself thinking, "just hurry up already!"

I liked the characters, but I wish Ms. Andersen had developed Blake and explored his budding relationship with Ronni more fully. There's nothing wrong with adding an opposite sex relationship in lesfic when it adds to the story.

I must warn my fellow grammar geeks that there are some eye rolling moments, and a couple of times when i wanted to throw my Kindle across the room.

All in all, though
Charkie
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‪Pro:‬
‪Excellent chemistry between MCs‬
‪Realistic and interesting personal development for both MCs‬
‪Perfect amount of angst‬
‪The book isn’t just how they meet, you get to experience when the MCs live their HEA‬
‪Con:‬
‪None‬
sandra lee gardiner
Fantastic

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book awesome characters and a load of fun i definitely recommend reading this book :)
WLWBookReader
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect summer time read!

A perfect summer time read! Mountain biking, hot women, funny friends, nerd appreciation and a satisfying happily ever after...it has it all! I enjoyed this story and highly recommend this book to anyone wanting a sweet romance with lovable characters.
Margaret L. Hedman
I loved this book.

I loved Switchback. It combines the thrill of mountain bike racing with romance and friendship. The setting in Oregon sounds beautiful and I learned about a sport I knew nothing about. Excellent book.
lauraღ
Eeesh. I didn't really like this.

On a basic level, a bunch of things just didn't work for me. I tend not to like love stories that lean heavily on jealousy and mistaken feelings and misunderstandings, and there was a lot of that. I tend not to like stories that include evil/bitter exes, and there was a double dose of that. I didn't enjoy a lot of the so-called comedy (like... Ron's overprotective BFF antics: breaking into Kara's office, the meanness, the little threats... it was just super weir
PJ
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Poorly Defined Main Character Gives An Insulting Portrayal Of Female Mountain Bike Athletes.

I bought this book for the bicycling aspect, and that's the only thing playing into the 2 star rating.

My main issue is the utterly disrespectful way the female mountain bike racers in this novel are portrayed. They're cliches. They're written like Neanderthal, pre-adolescent boys. My guess is that the author has never spoken to one of these athletes in person, because everything about those characters (in
Jessica Roberson
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

I read this book because I was looking for something appealing on the Kindle Unlimited list that I haven't read yet (I have to limit my Kindle purchases because I'm such a voracious reader). I didn't have preconceived expectations but found that I actually enjoyed the story and witnessing the emotional growth in the main characters. I will have to check out other books by this author. There were grammatical errors that should have been edited before publishing. Unfortunately that is commonly
Brooklyn Graham
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was fun. Having done a smattering of downhill riding, I was easily drawn into this story. I found the relationship between Ronni and Sierra very entertaining, but the main romance a little unbelievable. I liked the match, Kara and Sierra made a cute, if not unlikely couple. I just found the way they were written was a little too convoluted. I enjoyed things when there was some consistency between them, but all too often, I was distracted by unneeded hostility, or turbulence. All in all, a goo ...more
Kerstin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
3.25 Stars
A good solid read with an original setting, some minor angst moments.
I liked how the story progressed and all but I missed this spark that made it really really good for me and made me route for one of the charecters. I diddn´t do that so much because I just knew the obstacles where minor enough that all would end well.

The Sarah Sawyer Series was more my cup of tea but this is still a good read.
Rae Storey
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian
This story was beautiful, and frustrating, and sexy, and angsty, and romantic, and I loved every page of it. Kara and Sierra have so much chemistry from their very first interaction, and it never fades throughout their journey. I also have to add that by chemistry I don't only mean sexual (although they have plenty of that, too). They are so different from each other, but they still get and they compliment each other. Kara reigns Sierra in a bit, and Sierra pulls Kara out of her own head.
Odelia Flyn
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
This had the potential, but it was soo sappy! As a married lesbian, I can say that lesbian relationships are not all heavy breathing and husky "I love you's" every 3 sentences. Both of them kept going back and forth with emotions, the whole damn book! And buying a house after 9 months of being together? This book fed into every lesbian stereotype there is. I had to force myself to finish.
Adan Ramie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful story with well-rounded characters. I loved the setting; you almost felt like you were there. And the author obviously put the time in to really learn about chiropractic work and racing. It went a little long, but it was well worth reading to the end. I recommend it to lesfic fans!
Erisel
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely romance!

This was such an adorable romance to read. While there were moments in the plot that felt too forced or unnecessarily lengthened, overall I enjoyed the journey and Ronni is my favorite.

• Unadulterated Something
  • Not the Marrying Kind
  • Perfect Rhythm
  • The Roommate Arrangement
  • The X Ingredient
  • To Have Loved & Lost (Rosemont Duology, #1)
  • Undefeated
  • Heist
  • Anyone But Her
  • Starstruck
  • Just Married?
  • Heart to Heart (True Heart, #1)
S.W. Andersen has six novels under her belt.

S.W.'s latest romance, "The Love Doctor," explores love after loss as well as personal and professional boundaries.

"This Time" is her first paranormal romance involving past lives reunited.

Her debut novel, "Somewhere Between Love and Justice," received such rave reviews as "A Riveting Read" and "UNPUTDOWNABLE."

"The Price of Payback," is the sequel that h