Start by marking “Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage (Hope Meadows, #2)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage (Hope Meadows, #2)

Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage

(Hope Meadows #2)

This year, vet Mandy Hope is looking forward to the holidays. Her animal rescue centre, Hope Meadows, is up and running - and she's finally going on a date with Jimmy Marsh, owner of the local outward bound centre.

The adv

Published October 26th 2017 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage

Karen Mace
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Animals + Christmas = happy reading material!! I haven't read the first in this series, but will be going back to do so after thoroughly enjoying this visit to Hope Meadows and all the furry creatures (and humans!) who make life at the vet practice and rescue centre a blast to read about. Mandy is the vet who is at the centre of the story as she embraces community life and is at the thick of all the drama - from donkeys in back gardens, to escaping animals and goats named Rudolph!

But all the com
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Combining Christmas with cute animals is always a winning combination for me and Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage contained both those things and so much more.

Firstly the finale was memorable, never had scenes like that before and I was enchanted by what was happening. I won't give you any clues but just hope if you read it, like me your eyes will be popping out at the scene.

In fact for a book that has a rather cute cover, has a little robin at the start of each chapter, its not just a warm and
booksofallkinds
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**RATING 4.5**

I was so excited to return to this wonderful series and I am delighted to say that CHRISTMAS AT MISTLETOE COTTAGE by Lucy Daniels is just as engaging and heartwarming as its preceding novel.

Mandy Hope is unbelievably busy what with working at her parent's veterinary practice and building up her own animal rescue centre, Hope Meadows. But as the bills start piling up and Mandy starts to feel the strain, somebody in the village has it in for the centre and they won't be happy until
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is the first book I have read by this author. Even though it is the second book in a series, I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything and it read very well as a stand alone.

This was a lovely book to lose myself into. A lovely village with lots of countryside and scenic views and to top it all an animal rescue centre, if you are an animal lover then this is certainly one to add to your list.

Mandy I really liked. A vet who is also trying to keep her head above the water with the anima
Clare
With thanks to Netgalley and Hodder and Stoughton for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

This book was absolutely written for me in mind. I love Christmas and the adorable rescue animals was just the icing on the cake.

Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage is the second book in the Hope Meadows series. I haven't read book one but the author helpfully covered events from the last book so you could catch up.

Vet Mandy Hope works in her parents veterinary surgery Animal Arc, within the groun
Nessa
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I absolutely loved reading this book as it meant that I got to return to the wonderful village of Hope Meadows. If you haven't read the first book Summer at Hope Meadows by this wonderful author, then don't delay anymore, as you are missing out.

It was truly great to be reacquainted with all of the characters and the animals/pets from the first book again, loved them all. I kept thinking and hoping throughout the book, will Mandy and Jimmy overcome all of the hurdles that are thrown at them and f
Melisa Broadbent
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I seem to be on a roll with the Christmas books at the moment and I'm really enjoying them! A big thank you to Jenni Leech at Hodder Books for sending me my review copy.

"Christmas has arrived in the little village of Welford. The scent of hot roasted chestnuts is in the air, and a layer of frost sparkles on the ground.

Amanda
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not entirely Christmassy but the Nativity more than made up for it.
Kim
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, kindle, net-galley
This was another wonderful book in the Hope Meadow Series. Mandy is getting her animal rescue centre up and running- but comes across some local opposition who are making things really difficult for her. You really feel for her- trying to keep all the animals safe until they find new forever homes but worrying that the spiteful events will cause her to have to close the centre.
I loved all the animals coming into the centre and the way they caught the hearts of the people visiting and even Mandy'
Alison Winter
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed but there seemed to be a lot of characters and I struggled to remember who they all were. However, I still found the story enjoyable, location and setting charming and characters likeable
Donna Maguire

I LOVED this book!!  I am a massive animal lover having always had pets from a young age (we currently have three chinchillas) so any book having pets and Christmas was always going to tick the right boxes for me - and I just adore the cover!

I thought that the story was great and the writing style is spot on throughout the book. It really flows so well that I flew through the book in no time at all.  Mandy and Jimmy are fantastic characters and I loved the
Bookread2day
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Paperback version. Christmas has arrived in the village of Welford . The scent of hot roasted chestnuts is in the air, and a layer of frost sparkles on the ground. I contacted with Melon a two-year old West Highland White terrier as I used to have a Westie who lived until he was nearly 13 years old. Lucy Daniels is the collective name for the writing team that created the globally best selling children's book series Animal Ark. Hope Meadows is a brand new Lucy Daniels series for adults. This is ...more
Amber Grenville-Smith
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely cosy book with great characters.
Sarah Lee
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage is the first book I have read by Lucy Daniels. It is the second in a series but I still enjoyed reading this even though I haven't read the first book.

I do like a good Christmas read, and I did enjoy this. It could have had a little bit more Christmas in it for me but it was a nice story, good characters and overall an enjoyable read.
Karen Whittard
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book number two in the hope meadow series. This is a fabulous addition to the series and is full of lovely Christmas spirit.

Christmas has well and truely arrived in Welford. Chestnuts are being roasted on an open fire. Christmas decorations are hung up with care and a layer of frost gleams the floor as the residents prepare for Christmas and st Nicholas to arrive.

Mandy is throughly looking forward to the Christmas season. Her life is going amazingly well. Her new business running the animal re
Mark
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was without doubt NOT my usual reading........it felt more like a childrens book than an adult bookin many ways.
I read with interest that the author is a collective name for a team who have written very successful childrens books.
There was a gay character whose partner had died of cancer and this was handled very well and sensitively.
I loved the cooking and baking that everyone seemed to do,no pre packed meals in this village!!!
It did evoke a feeling of Crimbo but sadly probably realistica
Emma Crowley
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Not leaving too long a gap between reading the first and second books in the Hope Meadows series by Lucy Daniels, a mere matter of weeks, meant that the featured characters and their stories were fresh in my mind. For those that come across Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage and like the look of the cover or even the sound of the blurb they need not worry in the slightest not having read book one Summer at Hope Meadows. For in the first few chapters the author skilfully slips in pieces here and ther ...more
Lainy
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Time taken to read - 1 day

Pages - 384

Publisher - Hodder & Stoughton

Source - Amazon

Blurb from Goodreads

The advent of winter sees al
Victoria
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m falling in love with this setting and these characters (especially the animals)! Such a cosy book with just enough twists and excitement to keep you hooked. Sad I have to wait for the next book!
Kat Robson
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Its my first by this author so i didnt know what to expect because i like a certain book and the synopsis read like it was my kind of book and i wasnt wrong. I will definetly read a book by this author again. It happens to be the second book in the series but it was easy to follow, you dont need to read book no1 to get the basics so each of these books can be a stand alone read.
This is a mix of scenic views, countryside, fury animals and christmas is just the best and lots mor
Elizabeth Dewfall
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the mixture of people and animals
Suze Lavender
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mandy thinks she finally has her life back on track. She loves working together with her parents at their veterinary practice and she has her beloved animal rescue center, Hope Meadows, a dream come true. She will have her own house soon and she's dating Jimmy, a gorgeous man. However, nothing is as easy as it initially seemed. Someone's trying to give Hope Meadows a bad name, she hardly has any time to see Jimmy and she's still waiting for approval to buy the house she wants. It's almost Christ ...more
Hayley
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful festive treat this book is.

This is the second in the series & whilst I haven’t read the first, this is a perfectly lovely book to read as a stand-alone. However I will most certainly be looking up the first book!

Mandy Hope has set up the new animal rescue centre Hope Meadows and has her eye on the good looking Jimmy Marsh. However someone has it in her for and her rescue centre and decides to try and sabotage all of her hard work.

To add to this, the course of love never doe
Laura Debnam
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved this book was such a huge fan off the original animal ark books so glad these are being released.
Loz
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up. Lovely countryside story. Christmassy with a very gentle romance, but also with plenty of interesting plot. A must for Animal Ark lovers.
Helen Edwards
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
With thanks to NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Mandy, the central character, was nice enough, but I didn't get her reasons for holding back from Jimmy. Mandy and Jimmy don't spend much time together, and Jimmy's the "strong but silent" type and doesn't say how he feels enough in my opinion. I did enjoy the stories about the animals and there were lots of Christmas references, so it was a pleasant enough read, but lacking in the romance department. Part of the problem is no ...more
Donna MacRae
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Warm hearted, funny read.
Elisabeth
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage

By Lucy Daniels

“Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage” picks up where the first book in the Hope Meadows series left off. Mandy’s animal sanctuary is now up and running and with it fast approaching Christmas, Mandy is hoping for some festive cheer around the sanctuary because she has had a hard few months. However, there is a scrooge around determined to make Mandy’s first Christmas at Hope Meadows miserable.

Will she be able to keep the sanctuary going and will she get to
Cheryl M-M
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m more than a day late and a dollar short with the review for this Christmas book. No matter, seeing as there is a cold spell coming right this way this Christmas book feels just right.

Lucy Daniels is the nom de plume for the author collective that created and wrote the popular bestselling children’s book series Animal Ark. Hope Meadows is the new spin-off for adults. Sarah McGurk is the author of Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage, Hope Meadows #2.

In this second venture of Hope Meadows Mandy Hope
Charli333
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd recommend this as a feel good winter read!

This is a well-written and relaxing book focused on a small country village in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, and particularly on a rural vet school and rescue centre. The animals and their stories in the book are what make this so enjoyable, so it's a must-read for animal lovers!

I haven't read any of the other books in this series, or by this author, but I'll certainly be catching up on the rest of the story now!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Christmas in Tuscany
  • My Big Fat Christmas Wedding
  • Winter at West Sands Guest House
  • Once Upon A Winter
  • Once Upon a Winter: All Four Parts in One - Plus an Exclusive Extra Short Story...
  • The Christmas Bake-Off
  • Christmas at the Little Knitting Box (New York Ever After, #1)
  • A Christian Christmas
  • Brenda's Christmas Desire (Dreams Come True #2)
  • Marilyn's Christmas Surprise
  • The Age of Not Believing- A Christmas Tale
  • Lucky's Christmas
  • Christmas on Lovelace Lane: A fun, heartwarming Christmas romance (Lovelace Lane, Book 4)
Lucy Daniels is the collective name for the writing team that created the bestselling children's book series Animal Ark.

Hope Meadows (5 books)
  • Summer at Hope Meadows (Hope Meadows, #1)
  • Springtime at Wildacre (Hope Meadows, #3)
  • Snowflakes over Moon Cottage (Hope Meadows #4)
  • Summer Days at Sunrise Farm (Hope Meadows #5)