Start by marking “The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)

The Invasion of the Tearling

(The Queen of the Tearling #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  39,158 ratings  ·  4,339 reviews
Kelsea Glynn is the Queen of the Tearling. Despite her youth, she has quickly asserted herself as a fair, just and powerful ruler.

However, power is a double-edged sword, and small actions can have grave consequences. In trying to do what is right - stopping a vile trade in humankind - Kelsea has crossed the Red Queen, a ruthless monarch whose rule is bound with dark magic
Published June 9th 2015 by HarperCollins Publishers

Regan
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite book I read this year
Ben Alderson
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS/SERIES I HAVE EVER READ BEFORE!
Samantha
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2017
I still have so many questions! I NEED to read the finale before the end of the year. Hold me to it.
Anne
I LOVED THIS BOOK! LOVED IT!
{insert weird fangirl noises here}

description

This one has been on my radar since I read (and loved!) the first book last year. I was so freaked out that this one wasn't going to live up to the hype in my head, I couldn't even crack it open for 2 days after I got it.
Yes, I'm being totally serious. Yes, I know that's incredibly weird!

description

But once I finally grabbed my nuts and plunged in, I could tell pretty quickly that Queen of Tearling wasn't a fluke. This is a nice sized book at 55
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
UPDATE: 10-19-2016 THIS IS ON SALE ON KINDLE FOR $1.99 ! It doesn't say for how long though

BLOODY HELL!

Okay so I loved the hell out of this book and I was confused about certain things!

Queen Kelsea takes a little walk on the dark side in this book, but that's okay, she's going to rock it. I just know it.... NEED NEXT BOOK!!!!!

Everyone that has read the first book knows that Kelsea sees things. Well she sees a lot of things that have to do with the Crossing! Every damn time she went there and
manda
23 Feb. '15
blog | goodreads
Disclaimer: An advanced reader copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

As before, folks. Come prepared with fries and your favourite condiment. Long and bitter review up ahead.

If ever I could use half-star ratings on goodreads, it would be now. Actual rating would be 2.5 but I decided to be generous and round up.

I gave it a go, and it passed. Barely. Enough to convince me to read the third book once it's out? Absolutely. The
Faye, la Patata
Loved the first book but... this was a clusterfuck. In a really, really, Dali-trippy kind of way.

Like, seriously, those flashbacks?! Migraine. MIGRAAAAAINE.

Me, when I finished the book:

Ugh, so disappointed.
Aly's Bookish Wonderland

To say that Invasion of the Tearling surprised me would be an understatement. After Queen of the Tearling, it was hard to imagine that the second book could be anything but samey. Yet, something made me request it… and found myself pleasantly, shockingly surpr
Melanie
1.) The Queen of the Tearling ★★★

I didn't enjoy this book more than The Queen of the Tearling. This book felt like it dragged way too much in some parts and I'm not a huge fan Kelsea seeing memories from the past. I understand her necklace(s) is very powerful and helpful, but I just didn't enjoy this concept as much as I hoped.

Yes, Kelsea can now see memories from a girl named Lily, who lived in pre-crossing America. Even though Lily is rich and married to a powerful man, while most the populati
Shannon (leaninglights)
Reread November 2016: flawless are always. Finally ready for FATE. #dyingggg

Full video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfLM...

This arc was sent to me from Harper in exchange for an honest review*

-----------------------------

First impressions:
Five glorious stars - this was a fantastic sequel, maybe the best I've ever read. I wasn't sure how I was to like the new character and perspective that was added to this book but I LOVED it so much. This book outdid the first one and I am so excit
Simona Bartolotta
4.5

“I have news for you, Arlen. We're on my chessboard now.”

•This series is the umpteenth proof of the fact that the most deserving books are very often the less known and hyped. This series deserves to have her praises sung for the whole world to hear. I have no words and I'm in love with such perfection -save for one tiny thing that annoys me to no end, which I'll explain in a minute.

•First things first, they say, and the first thing here can only be her: Kelsea Glynn.

“Even I won't defy her.
Cait • A Page with a View
I liked this sequel a lot more than the first book!

The story is still a bit slow-moving with all of its descriptions, BUT it's absolutely nothing like the first book. The pacing here worked a lot better for me and I finished the whole book in a day!

The plot was more engaging and I absolutely adored the new characters of Aisa and Ewen so, so much. Aisa is a tough girl with a miserable past who's training to fight with Kelsea's guard. Ewen is the adorable jailer who's not very bright but has the
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)

This book picks up where the first left off. Kelsea is trying to stall an invasion of the Mort, with the evil Red Queen at the forefront. However, there is SO MUCH MORE going on, and it surprised the heck out of me. New characters are introduced and ones from the last book have POVs. My favorite was Lily. Kelsea begins to have "fugues," where she goes into trances and appears to start seeing the past, pre-crossing.

People who had issues with the first book and it's vagueness about the dystopian
Anja
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.15 SAPPHIRE STARS*

“Even small gestures of kindness have the potential to reap enormous rewards. Only the shortsighted man believes otherwise.”

This book took me months to finish. I just couldn't seem to get into it, while I absolutely loved the first book in this series. (Although, after reading my review on that one, it appears that The Queen of the Tearling also took me quite some time to get into lol).
A few days ago I made up my mind about finally pushing forward since the last book in t
Heidi The Hippie Reader
The Invasion of the Tearling picked up where the last book left off. The Mort army is invading the Tear because of the actions of Kelsea, their new queen.

I won't say what exactly those actions were, in case you didn't read the last book. Let's just say: she's breaking with tradition in more ways than one.

Kelsea has started to embrace her power in this book. It suits her.

The girl who had been raised by Carlin Glynn would never have trusted in visions, but Kelsea's world had broadened well beyond
Kara
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Review originally posted @ www.whatkarareads.com

*Please note I received an advanced copy of this novel. It does not effect my review.

Let me just start by saying that this next installment of the Tearling series is abso-flippin-lutely brilliant. Haters of Queen be damned because here in Invasion of the Tearling we begin to get some answers about the history of this world. This is where I get in the faces of every single hater sippin on the haterade, proving you all wrong, wrong, wrong!

Invasion o
Nasom
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, dystopian
Real rating: 3.5

Full Review
Interesting but not as much as the first book.

What I liked
- This book is mostly about the past and the people that contributed to the creation of the new society. It was interesting reading about that, especially since the goal was to build a utopian society which clearly did not work out.

- We get to know more information about the red queen, specifically, her past which I enjoyed

- We also got more information about the dark thing that can only be summoned thro
Sara Bow
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Am Anfang ist es mir wirklich unheimlich schwer gefallen, in das Buch hineinzukommen. Ab dem 2. drittel konnte ich das Buch allerdings nicht mehr aus der Hand legen und finde die Entwicklung der Geschichte wirklich super! Ich freue mich schon wahnsinnig auf den dritten Band und bin unheimlich froh, diesen bereits in meinem Regal stehen zu haben!
Anniebananie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Band 2 hat mir besser gefallen als Band 1. Wo mir im ersten Teil noch Tempo und Plot fehlten brilliert Teil 2 mit gutem Pacing und einer spannenden Story. Man taucht noch viel mehr in die Welt ein und erfährt einige sehr interessante Hintergrundinfos und Zusammenhänge.
Das größte Manko war in diesem Buch für mich einfach unsere Protagonistin. Kelsea war doch im ersten Band nicht so krass unsympathisch, oder?! Mann, die Alte ging mir etappenweise echt gehörig auf den Senkel.
Nichtsdestotrotz ein s
Jenny
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greaat! And I called EVERYTHING.
Misstdennis
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
without a doubt, this book deserves all the stars in the universe.
5/5

“You can defend your kingdom, or you can defend your people, Majesty. You don’t have the manpower to do both at once.”
“People are more important than land.”

Holy shit, this book may have taken me 57 years to read(okay, maybe 5 days) thanks to my lingering and unwanted flu, but this had me hooked from the very first page and I never wanted to put this down!
THIS BOOK IS FUCKING GENIUS
Someone save my soul because I'm low key dying
Cillian

The book hasn't even been written yet and here you have them: 5 idiots rating it.

Dear GoodReads,
We know you take an immodest amount of pleasure in deleting stuff concerning users' books and such, am I right?
So, what's stopping you now?
How would you like to start deleting people and fake ratings to prove your worth.
Make us proud.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
As someone who enjoyed The Queen of the Tearling more than I could possibly put into words, I waited with bated breath for the continuation of Kelsea’s story. There was so much left to resolve and so many obvious dangers ahead of this simple yet sharply intelligent heroine. To say that I jumped at the chance to read The Invasion of the Tearling early is somewhat of an understatement. I begged for it and was more than ready to sell some small portion of my soul for it. Unfortunately, I would have ...more
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss for review.

Warning: Includes violence and rape.

Lots of backstory added..this was definitely a book that suffered from second book syndrome. Though I enjoyed the intense character development for Kelsea.. Her insecurities from the previous book is still evident though. I ultimately loved seeing her slow descent into madness. You see her change as soon as she meets the Dark Thing (He gave me the creeps.) And I also like
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
gimme gimme gimme

for all those who love this series ---

photo champion-thumb-500x281-98649_zpsdf062968.gif

if you don't like this series, Awkward Jaime sez BYE

photo tumblr_n3n4qbpghl1ql255wo1_500_zps760053a4.gif

So for a while there I wasn't sold on Lily's connection to the main story from book number one (which totally holds up on a reread btw) but then shit went down and wow and Jonathan you badass and Aisa you and Arya would be besties and then MAJOR stuff happens and omg Pen and I have feels again and what are you DOING Kelsea and holy shit Red Queen is the worst but also kinda the best?
Bradley
Time and Flesh, they work wonders on a novel, don't they?

Enough of being cryptic. I really enjoyed this second novel; but to be honest, I wasn't sure I would. At least, this was true during the first third of it. The introduction of Lily was rather a vindication of my many suspicions that these books were, indeed, science fiction. Of course, magic is still a primary focus, but by the end I felt joyous that I got two quite different novels in one package, Kelsea and Lily tied in each other's orbi
Morgannah
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Queen of the Tearling, the saga continues.
Our girl Kelsea, otherwise known as Queen of the Tearling, has gotten herself in a bit of jam. The Mort army is drawing near and she is starting to spaz out some. Kelsea is going through an odd puberty, she is having visions of a lady from the past plus she is having all sorts of strange and dark desires awaken in her. On top of all that, add the fact that the fate of an entire kingdom depends on her every move and we have a Queen on the edge.
The edge o
Alexa ❤️
Gripping till the last page- 5 Stars

Kelsea matures more in the second instalment if the Tearling series and we see her take quite the walk in the dark side.

(view spoiler)
Nicola
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Kelsea Glynn has fast become one of my favourite characters and The Queen of the Tearling one of my favourite series. It is quite common for sequels, particularly when there is still another to come, to be a bridge between book one and three without much action or revelation. The Invasion of the Tearling doesn't suffer from this problem and is one of the best sequels I have read.

One of the biggest issues with The Queen of the Tearling was the confusing world-building. It was quite diffi
Helene Jeppesen
This is a great fantasy series with a lot of interesting elements to it. I love how Erika Johansen combines a fantasy world with our modern world, and in this book we finally get an answer as to how this is possible.
However, while I really enjoy the story and its creativity, I was slightly underwhelmed by this sequel, and that's because it undervalues the things that I loved about book one. Namely Kelsea and her extraordinary and kick-ass journey was a favourite of mine in book one, but in book
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Boundary (Books of Eva, #2)
  • Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves, #1)
  • The Golden Specific (The Mapmakers Trilogy, #2)
  • The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2)
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus Wars, #3)
  • The Impostor Queen (The Impostor Queen, #1)
  • Hidden Huntress (The Malediction Trilogy, #2)
  • Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)
  • Drew (Changers, #1)
  • Riser (The Riser Saga, #1)
  • The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)
  • The King Slayer (The Witch Hunter, #2)

The Queen of the Tearling (3 books)
  • The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)
  • The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3)
“When it fails, they do call it madness, Lazarus. But when it succeeds, they call it genius.” 99 likes
“This, I think, is the crux of evil in this world, Majesty: those who feel entitled to whatever they want, whatever they can grab. Such people never ask themselves if they have the right. They consider no cost to anyone but themselves.” 64 likes