Start by marking “Sweet Summer's Kiss (Love at the Chocolate Shop #10)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Summer's Kiss (Love at the Chocolate Shop #10)

Sweet Summer's Kiss

(Love at the Chocolate Shop #10)

A storybook kiss on New Year's Eve at the Big Sky Mavericks Masked Ball in Marietta, Montana should have been the beginning of a grand romance for Gretchen Zabrinski and Daniel Andrews. But when Gretchen overhears a phone call from Daniel to his brother about what he really wants from a woman, she takes off...without leaving so much as a glass slipper behind.

Daniel wants
Published July 6th 2017 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Summer's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Summer's Kiss

Start your review of Sweet Summer's Kiss (Love at the Chocolate Shop #10)
Carrie
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Gretchen Zabrinski has moved to Marietta, Montana after getting some devastating news from her doctor. When offered the chance to go on what seems like it will be the perfect date with Daniel Andrews at the Big Sky Mavericks Masked Ball on New Year's Eve she feels it's her night to feel like Cinderella and enjoy herself, that is until she overhears Daniel and runs from the party knowing she isn't what he wants.

A few months later while attending a speed dating even at Marietta's Copper Mountain
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Debra Salonen Fans, Chocolate Series, Marietta MontanaRomance
3.5 Sweet Reality's Truth Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
This specific entry of the Love at the Chocolate Shop series has the touch of Cinderella by the woman's own making. This tale had a lot to present. There was a huge pre-story which impacted everything... and it an assumption by our gal which becomes the basis for the story.

Life is full of miscommunications or assumptions and Debra Salonen showcased how these beliefs cause so much wasted time when it involves relationships and friends.

This ta
Dawnie
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
*Thanks to NetGalley, the publishers and the author for giving me this free e-copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review*

I Love this series and this book was a good addition -sadly not a fantastic one to/for me- but still a solid read.

The "Problems" (and i say problems like that since they are not really problems in general just personal things that i kept noticing and that bothered me personally but i can see how not everyone will have it as a problem):
- The characters and fami
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Challenges:
♥ RRRC July 2018 Monthly Challenge #10. Reader's Choice
♥ 2018 Stacking the Series: 29/45
♥ Fly Around the World with AMMP: Brindisi, Italy (BDS)
Shelagh
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Summer's Kiss, the tenth story in the Love At The Chocolate Shop series set in Marietta Montana, starts off as pure tongue cheek fun mixed with a hint of melancholy but the further I read the more caught up I got in Gretchen's life and the heartbreaking future she faced.
Daniel Andrews, Gretchen's love interest in this gorgeous Cinderella story, is just as compelling a s she is. His determination to win Gretchen's heart no matter what had me cheering him on from the start.
Author Debra Sal
Lori R
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story of overcoming life's obstacles by letting love into your heart. This is the first book I have read in this series but it will not be my last. My heart went out to Gretchen as the author showed us how she reacted to her diagnosis. One of my favorite parts was the New Year's Eve masquerade ball. This story will pull on your heart strings but you will not be able to put it down. I received an advance copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.
Phylis Carpenter
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book by Debra Salonen. I must admit when I first started reading it I was a little sad with the information that Gretchen learned from the Dr. I thought things would be better for Gretchen when she met Daniel until he said those few words that broke her heart. But true love avails and fate gave them another chance.

I really enjoyed the way the book turned out, it kept your interest from the beginning to the end. I would truly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great romanc
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

There are times when our lives change in an instant. Dreams, plans, desires can flip like a tumbleweed completely out of control in the whirlwind that is our reality. It’s not right, it’s not fair… but it is life and we only get one so those plans, those dreams often have to take a turn in a different direction. Only that’s one of the most difficult things to do. To give up a dream. Yet there are more than just one way for dreams to come true. They might not happen i
Emma
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Summer's Kiss by Debra Salonen
(Love at the Chocolate Shop)

Daniel wants a family. Gretchen will never be able to give him that. So
Tracey
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2017
SWEET SUMMER’S KISS – A story by Debra Salonen

Sweet Summer’s Kiss begins a bit like Cinderella at the ball…a pretty girl, dressed in her designer gown, off to meet Prince Charming for the first time. Of course, we all know how Cinderella’s night turned out…

The story of Gretchen and Daniel is complicated, but one that is often found in many romance novels. In order to keep this spoiler-free, I will leave it at that. However, it took me until halfway through the book to start to really enjoy this
Eileen
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, kindle
Gretchen Zabrinski and Daniel Andrews
This is a story about overcoming ones fears and letting love into your life. Gretchen got devastating news and it changed the course of her life. She was set to finish college with a degree in education because she wanted to be a teacher. That wouldn't be possible now and she couldn't finish. She went as far as to leave Detroit, MI and move out to Marietta, Montana to start something new and figure out a new path for herself.
Its new years eve and she has a b
Becky Burciaga
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Love at the Chocolate Shop series. Each story is unique and charming...this latest story is no exception. Beginning with a Cinderella like sweetness and innocence...that same theme ran throughout. The night of the New Year's Eve Ball and their first kiss, was gentle and heartwarming, while at the same time heartbreaking. The author's portrayal of both Daniel's confusion and hurt...as well as Gretchen's own devastation was exceptional. With Daniel you have a true gen ...more
Monique
Review written: July 16, 2017
Star Rating: ★★★☆☆
Heat Rating: ☀☀☼☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

Salonen never skimps on dealing with hard subjects and once again, she does it with grace and delicacy. Tying in with her Big Sky Mavericks series and the amazing Zabrinski family, this is a sweet addition to it all.

Gretchen has run to Marietta and she's eating her heart out over her lost dreams. When she finally decides to push o
Eileen
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I totally loved Sweet Summer’s Kisses by Debra Salonen, book ten in the Love at the Chocolate Shop series. This is Gretchen Zabrinski and Daniel Andrews story. These two attend the New Year’s Eve Big Sky Mavericks Masked Ball together as a favor to Gretchen’s boss and Daniel’s brother. Feeling like Cinderella, Gretchen shares a sizzling kiss with Daniel but after overhearing his phone call with his brother, she leaves without a word. Daniel returns to Marietta months later to open a new division ...more
Amary Chapman
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemp-western
Gretchen Zabrinski had always wanted to be a wife, mother and kindergarten teacher. She stayed chaste as her commitment to that future...only to find out a health issue destroyed her dream.
Dropping out of college in her last semester and traveling to Marietta to be with her sister Sam, she put her parents in a tailspin.....not knowing how to help.
Her new boss Krista Martin set her up with her brother-in law, a known playboy type and she thought that this was her chance to experience what she'
Kerry Croucier
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gretchen and Daniel...oh my, what can I say? This story really pulled on all my emotions. It was well-written with characters that kept me so emotionally invested I hated to see it end. Gretchen came to Marietta to heal and figure out how the devastating news was going to change her life's direction both personally and professionally. She meets Daniel when she is still reeling. They have such a perfect time together, she runs away feeling there is no future for them, glad that he is only visitin ...more
Janine
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

A new twist on the Cinderella story.

On New Year's Eve, Gretchen Zabrinski was set up by her boss with Daniel Andrews, a man social media called the prince of playboys. The date was going perfect until Gretchen overhears Daniel on the phone saying he thinks he just kissed the mother of his future children. This sends Gretchen running from the ball without a word to anyone. Gretchen was recently diagnosed with a health condition and she knows she will never be able to give him what he wants. Five
Jean
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was another wonderful addition to the Love at the Chocolate Shop series. Although, like the others, it can be read as a stand-alone and you won't miss out on anything.
Gretchen is facing a turning point in her life as fate has crushed her future dreams and plans so she is bound and determined to break the rules for once in her life and take some chances. Daniel has a mild playboy like reputation, but he is smitten with Gretchen right away - even though it is basically a blind date.
But when t
Paula Pugh
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A devastating prognosis brings Gretchen Zabrinski to stay with her sister in Marietta as an escape from her parents and as a way to try and rebuild her life as it will be and leaving behind so many dreams and plans. Her life begins to encounter rapid changes when she meets Daniel Andrews on a New Year’s Eve date. He is charming and so handsome that Gretchen is willing to give it all up to him. But, an overheard conversation sends her out into the night and back to her home. He is looking for mor ...more
Jennie Fortna
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC for honest review with no compensation 4.2 stars

Sweet Summer’s Kiss is part of the Love At The Chocolate Shop series. This is a standalone like all the rest but I thinking reading the other books will give more insight to the Chocolate Shop series. This is my first book in this series and what a way for me to start the series! !

Gretchen has secrets that have changed her life in a heartbeat. When she goes to the New Year’s Eve Ball with Daniel, she feels a little like Cinderella but hope her
Book Gannet
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was lovely, a tale of love at first sight/instalove that takes a lot of hard work and persistence to win through. Complete with speed dating, a kissing booth and lots and lots of chocolate. It’s a sweet, comforting read that makes for a great summer escape. True, if you’re not already familiar with Debra Salonen’s Zabrinski family (Big Sky Mavericks) then you may get lost amongst the characters on occasion, but on the whole it shouldn’t cause too many problems.

Gretchen is only twenty-two bu
Paula
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet Summer's Kiss by Debra Salonen is sweet story of lost dreams, then the realization that new ones can come true. The Cinderella as well as the Prince Charming aspects of this modern version are obvious but I quite liked it. I was happy to see that there were no wicked or misguided family members because isn’t life’s realities harsh enough; they certainly were in Gretchen’s case (loved her name). Daniel makes for a likable and charming love interest for Gretchen. He is swoon worthy as he con ...more
Dixie
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series and I enjoyed reading this book. At times, I just didn't love Gretchen, mainly because I thought her desires didn't line up with the moral code which had guided her choices until a recent medical diagnosis threw her for a loop. In actuality, she is extremely young and going thru a time of emotional upheaval, and scared out of her wits by the revelation that Daniel thinks she could be "the one."
The book takes a humorous tone; the situations that keep bringing them together are
Sandi Ramirez
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can Love, Chocolate and Kisses change her mind?

Oh how I love Marietta, Montana! Sage's chocolates are just so good, you know they have to be. Our authors tell us how good in all the books. In this book, "Sweet Summer Kisses" we get to know Daniel and Gretchen. Now if you have read some of the other Lice at the Chocolate Shop books, you might have met them before ...or their family members. If not it's okay, you will quickly catch on in this book.

This is a really sweet story...pun intended, with
SOMDReigel
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Summer’s Kiss is Gretchen’s and Daniels story. Two wonderful characters that I adored from the beginning and was quickly vested in. Gretchen has had her world changed overnight – leading her to another career path and a different life than what she envisioned she would have. Enter Daniel who I couldn’t help but fall in love with this character as he is determined to win Gretchen’s heart. A very sweet romance set in small town Marietta, Montana. In Marietta, you get well-meaning friends, fa ...more
Sarah Lehman
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun re-telling of the Cinderella story. This is the 10th story in the Love at the Chocolate Shop series set in Marietta.

Gretchen Zabrinski & Daniel Andrew were set up to attend the Big Sky Mavericks Masked Ball together. Things were going well until Gretchen overhears Daniel telling his brother he thinks he has found the future mother of his children. Gretchen is unable to have children so those words went straight to her heart & she fled.

However, they end up working together for the
Bonnie Gonzales
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is part of a series and yet can be read as a stand alone.
Gretchen the young lady this book is about just made me care about her, and how she went about trying to deal what life had handed her. And Daniel as he pined for her, trying so hard to win her over , well he had me rooting for him to.
It was nice catching up with some of the characters from Marietta I'd grew to love in earlier books, Mia and Ryker and their part in this story just touched my heart, I reached for a tissue so th
Renae
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ibooks
Daniel and Gretchen's story is classic, scared of living life. Gretchen found out some very hard news and it has made her throw everything away she believed was what she wanted in life. In reality it pointed her in a different direction that is using other talents in amazing ways to help people.

Daniel is wowed by Gretchen on their blind date that is does a 180 and seems like a one night stand isn't right, but Gretchen hears this and it throws her into a tailspin.

I enjoyed how Debra pulled Gretch
Elissa
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This sweet, rich book (how appropriate since chocolate plays such a large role!) about serious issues, handled deftly but informatively, opens on New Year's Eve with a fairytale princess and a handsome prince. The large number of characters drop hints of their own complex stories (written or to be?) as all the requisite elements of Boy Meets Girl play out in unique directions. Great story, plot and characters, but what struck me most is that I really LIKED everyone--I wanted to visit the town, t ...more
BookSnuggle
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Sweet Summer's Kiss (Love at the Chocolate Shop Book 10) by Debra Salonen
This is Gretchen Zabrinski and Daniel Andrews' story.

This is a sweet romance that includes chocolate and dogs that at times will have you laughing or crying. Gretchen has a secret and is determined to not get close to Daniel. I fell in love with Daniel's character. He was a lot of fun. Will Daniel be able break down Gretchen's barriers?

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

• Snowbound in Montana (Carrigans of the Circle C, #4)
  • Good Together (Carrigans of the Circle C #2)
  • Promise Me, Cowboy (Carrigans of the Circle C #1; 75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)
  • A Cowgirl's Christmas (Carrigans of the Circle C, #5)
  • A Cowboy to Keep (Canadays of Montana #4)
  • Dating the Cowboy (The Hansen Brothers Book 3)
  • The Convenient Cowboy (The Hansen Brothers #2)
  • Her Favorite Cowboy (The Watson Brothers #4)
  • The Doctor's Husband (The Watson Brothers, #3)
  • The Sheriff's Mail-Order Bride (The Watson Brothers #2)
  • Chance for Love (Colorado Blues #1; The Watson Brothers #1)
  • Winning his Heart (Marietta St. Claire's, #2)
  • Gage (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour #8)
  • A Few Tables Away: Glenhaven Book One (Glenhaven Series 1)
  • Cowboy to the Rescue (The Hansen Brothers, #1)
  • Amanda (Brides of the Oregon Trail #7)
  • Special Delivery (A Valentine's Short Story)
  • The Calendar Brides
- Born and raised in Brookings, South Dakota. Youngest of five (much youngest). A Baby Boomer who married her high school sweetheart (our lockers were side-by-side). Mother of two, grandmother of three darling princesses, dog mother of 2.5 mutts.

- Graduate of South Dakota State University with a Master’s degree in Geography and History.

- Job history: taxi driver, flax seed counter, cartographer, r

Love at the Chocolate Shop (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Melt My Heart, Cowboy (Love at the Chocolate Shop, #1)
  • A Thankful Heart (Love at the Chocolate Shop #2)
  • Montana Secret Santa (Love at the Chocolate Shop, #3)
  • The Chocolate Cure (Love at the Chocolate Shop Book 4)
  • The Valentine Quest (Love at the Chocolate Shop #5)
  • Charmed by Chocolate (Love at the Chocolate Shop #6)
  • The Chocolate Comeback (Love at the Chocolate Shop #7)
  • The Chocolate Touch (Love at the Chocolate Shop, #8)
  • Sweet Home Cowboy (Love at the Chocolate Shop, #9)
  • Captured by Chocolate (Love at the Chocolate Shop #11)