Start by marking “In the Blood (Blood Royal Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
In the Blood (Blood Royal Saga, #1)

In the Blood

(Blood Royal Saga #1)

Art Student Sybill Lysander had an ordinary life, working in a coffee shop in the Central West End of St. Louis, with every day much like the one before. Then a vampire named Fin walked in the door, and her whole world changed.

Fin and his maker, former Queen Marie Antoinette had hidden for years in the nearby gated community of Westmoreland Place. But when pieces of her pa
Published July 1st 2017 by Eagle Heights LLC (first published December 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about In the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Blood

Start your review of In the Blood (Blood Royal Saga, #1)
Jeff Chacon
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A captivating page-turner from start to finish, with great characters, delicious settings, and a plot that'll keep you reading until it's over....and you want the next one.
E.F.
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While set in the present day, the book contains some of the rich, enticing details of historical fiction - with vampires! One part road trip novel, one part vampire adventure, In the Blood sets the stage for more with great characters and twists that will leave you wanting to pick up the next book. Fans of the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries and Interview with the Vampire will enjoy this glimpse into a reimagined Marie Antoinette.
Nghiem Thi
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suspense

Good reading! A lot of references of histories and famous people! The lead female is a lot like me in terms of defiance and her choice of life
Skjam!
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Vampire the Masquerade fans
Recommended to Skjam! by: author
Most of what you know about Marie Antoinette is wrong. For starters, she was and is a vampire. The French Revolution wasn’t about taxes or food, it was about wiping out the vampires that had taken over the French nobility. The “Marie” that was beheaded was a mind-controlled double. The real Marie Antoinette is living as an antique dealer in Saint Louis, Missouri. She probably would have been okay had she stayed there.

Marie discovers that a particularly important piece of her memorabilia has come
Jenny
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To short wanted more, but understand it was the first part of the series. Now I can't wait until the book comes out. At first I was a bit confused on what was going but the more I read and pieced everything together the more I wanted to read. Just when it was getting good it ended. So far great and HURRY UP I WANT MORE!
K.J. Simmill
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fin, the underappreciated, brooding immortal felt trapped and stifled in a relationship with Marie, his maker. Over the years he had started to feel more like her pet, than a companion. He loved her, resented her, even hated her. Then he met Sybill, a woman who made Fin feel, somehow, human once more. Marie was desperate to reclaim fragments of her old life, to the point she thought the gain of a small handkerchief was worth risking their secret. But it wasn't just her old life that was in dange ...more
Cecewrites23
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is something I haven't when I had time to read haven't been able to put down. It drew me in and kept me there. I cannot wait to read the next one because I am left with so many questions. The historical element had me wanting more to delve into. I am just a historical geek and the supernatural element was a great part of the story. If you are looking for a book that will capture your imagination then try this. I have already recommended it to people and that was before I finished.
Craig Watson
The characters were good, but the first person perspective of them wasn't always the best as it was hard to tell the difference between them at times. If they had been more of a climax at the end the book would have had a better rating.
Jenny France
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marie Antoinette is a vampire living in the modern day Central West End, St Louis. Fun and imaginative
Erin
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you like vampire stories and historical fiction, you should check this book out! It's a great story which puts a new twist on the French Revolution. Totally had me hooked by the end, and I can't wait for the next in the series.
Nancy Schumann
Jul 05, 2017
Sarah Read
Jul 07, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add Awards 2 16 Dec 02, 2018 05:48PM

• Assassin's Blade (Dragonriders of Fiorenza, #1)
  • Cursed Prince (Night Elves Trilogy Book 1)
  • Shades Of Magick: A Dark Fantasy Adventure (Cambrexian Realm Book 3)
  • The Burning White (Lightbringer, #5)
  • The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited!
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • The Woman in Black
  • Wonder Woman: The True Amazon
  • Wonder Woman, Volume 1: Blood
  • Mooncakes
  • Madame Cat
  • Vampire Loves (Grand Vampire, #1-4)
  • Bloodlust & Bonnets
Biography
When Delia was five years old, her teacher asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, and she replied, "I want to be a writer and tell stories."

That desire never changed, though it's manifested in many different ways throughout the years.

In addition to her current fiction projects, Delia has been a professional technical writer, editor, and journalist, gotten a Masters degree in Englis