Start by marking “Shifter's Fate (Willow Harbor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shifter's Fate (Willow Harbor, #1)

Shifter's Fate

(Willow Harbor #1)

Sometimes fate can't be ignored...

Mattie is desperate when she accepts a librarian position in the small coastal town of Willow Harbor. She plans to spend a few months there, enough time to get a reference and move somewhere she actually wants to be. But fate has other plans.

Pierce has given up on finding his mate. His family line of true shapeshifters will die out, but th
Published October 2nd 2017

Start your review of Shifter's Fate (Willow Harbor, #1)
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this book! It was a great shifter romance. Mattie and Pierce were adorable. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was the ending. It was extremely rushed but other than that the book was fantastic. I am excited to keep reading about the other characters that live in Willow Harbor!
Alyssa Ivy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shifter's Fate is available now :)
Kathy Jo
This was a quick read. I was hoping I would fall in love with Willow Harbor but I just ended up liking it. I liked Mattie and Pierce but at times their relationship seemed juvenile. The ending seemed super rushed and there really wasn't much action. We also never found out what really happened to the bad guys.

I will admit that I'm kinda curious about Delpha. I might read her book at a later date but don't think I'll end up picking up any of the other books in the series.

Content: Very mild langu
Amy
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“My life would never go back to normal, but I was okay with that.”

Shifter’s Fate is the first book in the Willow Harbor Series. Each story in the Willow Harbor Series is told by a different author and brings you a different take on the paranormal setting these authors have created.

Shifter’s Fate is told from dual points of view and follows the story of Mattie and Pierce. From the moment I picked up this book, I was totally intrigued. I had so many questions about this quiet town. The town folk w
Karen Dubose
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg! I loved it

I love any shifter book and this one is no different. By that I mean I loved it. Great Job Alyssa. I hope you are going to write more about pierce and mattie
Coral
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 3/5
Prose: 3/5 (2 1st POV)
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
Diana
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. I had never heard of this author, but my favorite author wrote one of the books in this series and really encouraged us tho read three books of her friends so I am. So far I am glad I have taken Sarra's advice. I really enjoyed Shifter' s Fate. It kept me trying to guess what was coming around the next corner. I can't wait to read the other books about this interesting town and interesting people in our.
Sara Oxton
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shifter’s Fate by Alyssa Rose Ivy a shifting five-star read. This is the first book in the Willow Harbour series and they can be read as stand-alone but I have read them as a series. Mattie is the sweetest character and much like me she doesn’t like the name she was born with, as her parents were Roald Dahl fans she is called Matilda but goes by Mattie, she is a librarian that is in need of some help and despite being human the town of Willow Harbour opens its gates to her. Mattie was so well wr ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Shifter's Fate is the first novel in set of four called Willow Harbor! The novels are all written by different authors and can be read independently or as a set. Alyssa Rose Ivy starts us off with the introduction to Willow Harbor.

In this town, you'll meet a variety of supernatural beings. Mattie though is a human who takes a job as a librarian to escape her current jo
Feb 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Emily Goodman
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shifter's Fate is the first novel in a new series called Willow Harbor. This new series features several well known paranormal authors giving you a chance to hopefully find another new author to love. This series can be read independently or collectively depending on your love of paranormal fiction. I'm an avid fan and have read three of the four authors featured in this series. I'm very excited to discover a new one.

Ivy is one of my all time favorite paranormal authors. It's was a no brainer t
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
This was a great shifter romance. I really enjoyed the dual point of views from both main characters. This was a great perspective to see how each was feeling and so forth. From the beginning, I was captivated. This mysterious town that brings in the paranormal world keeps you asking questions left and right.
Mattie ... She is hired as the towns new librarian, but little does she know, there is actually a much larger plan for her. She is co
Mica
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alyssa Rose Ivy is hands down one of my favorite authors. I love that she always creates strong female leads. Some authors create such weak female leads you actually feel a bit nauseated just trying to push through to the end. To me, she is the Stan Lee of paranormal and fantasy novels. Just as Stan Lee created the Marvel universe she's created the Chronicle worlds. She has several different stories that are all interconnected by the Chronicle worlds and that is revolutionary. She might actuall ...more
2OCC Reviews
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
The world the author built with this book was unique and fun to see. The shifters were different and the plot was fast paced and had mystery to it. I wish the ending had been drawn out. All the lead up had me excited for the grand twist and once it happened, it seemed like the whole story was over. Mattie was awesome. I love when humans don’t have super freak out moments when it comes to learning about the paranormal.

Pierce was harder to connect with. I did like him but I was expecting a lot mo
Heavenly
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms Ivy is one of my favourite authors out there. I love all of her books. Doesn’t matter if it’s paranormal or contemporary. Her writing is always pulling me in. And here was no different.

Shifter’s Fate is the first book in a new series Willow Harbor where 4 different authors created the world and characters in it. Within the other 3 authors I also love Jennifer Snyder and the other 2 are new to me. But I read all 4 books in the series and enjoyed them all.

Why I liked about the book is how wel
Maria Wilson
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

After loasing her job and being unable to get another one because her ex boss has blackballed her. She is offered a job in the small town of Willow Harbor. Everything seems like it's starting to workout for her. That is until she meets Pierce. Although there is serious attraction between them, everything starts to spiral and her world is opened up to the scary things that go bump in the night. Pierce however has a month to come to terms with the fact he has found his soulmate after havi
LEAH ANN
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read!!! Willow Harbor book 1

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Read it in a little over half a day. The story kept me mesmerized, I didn't want to put it down. I love paranormal stories that keep me drawn in and this one had me captivated to the end. The story had me guessing the outcomes at times therefore it wasn't very predictable. I love this author's style of writing. She has written a number of books and I keep coming back for her next one, this one is no different.
Bella Mcqueen 💜
Don't take my 🌟🌟 to mean that this book was bad.. It wasn't! My issue is that it was very rushed, I think it would have worked a lot better if it had been spread out into a couple of books.

Mattie moves to a town to be the new librarian.
She meets Pierce straight away and they basically fall in love within 48 hours.
The secrets are uncovered, the bad guys come, the good guys win..
It all just felt extremely rushed!

There's no real character development either because there isn't enough time.

So
Georgina Morgan
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

What a great new series!
Each book was better than the last. I do have to say the last book was the best! Just bloody brilliant.
Fantastic work from all the authors, entwining the stories with each other.
The mention of characters, buildings, landmarks in each creating a bigger picture the more you read but also, each a stand alone story.
The mixture of supernatural characters, new and old is awesome, how they all work together in their own magica
Sonia Ortiz
Weak book

I really wanted to love this book. I got to 44% of the book and I was bored. Skipped to the last two pages and I'm glad I didn't invest more time in it.
The characters had no depth or arc.
The plot felt flat and rushed.
No backstory on the characters.
Senseless dialogue.
The dark world the author tried to create was not believable.
The concept of the town sounded promising. I'm going to continue to read the series because my favorite author Sarra Cannon wrote two books in the series.
Marcy
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun. Quick read. If you're looking for an epic tale, this is not it. It's not her best work either but it was 'cute'. If you want something that will be quick, engaging, a little funny, some action, and doesn't numb the mind with stupidity by the heroine/hero... this is a good book to pick up. Lots of dialogue, not a lot of description, which is why it is getting 4 stars. I wish she'd explored the town a bit more and given us more of a richer backstory on it/it's inhabitants, and the whole 'rule ...more
Heather andrews
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pierce likes to keep things interesting with Mattie:
...Pierce was back in front of me— buck naked.
"Couldn't you have warned me?" I jumped back.
He grinned that devastating grin of his again. “So you say.” He stepped into his pants.
When it comes to Mattie doing anything for her man he's not hard to please, "you couldn't have gone wrong with any choice." He moistened his lips. “Come in.”
I liked this book, I fell in love with Pierce.
Jennifer Rux
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow...wow...wow.

This the first book I have had the privilege to read by Alyssa Rose Ivy. I have to say I will be reading more.

Shifter's Fate was a wonderful read. Pierce and Mattie make a perfect couple, and I love how they come together and the challenges they have to face.

There were so many great supernatural beings introduced in this book and Delpha was my favorite. At first she got on my nerves but in the end my favorite.

This read will remind you about the wonder of magic.
Amy Hannagan
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! In fact Ms. Ivy creates such a beautiful world that I want to move to Willow Harbor right now! Mattie and Pierce are adorable together in their mutual denial of their mutual attraction. I loved how this tale was woven and cannot wait to grab the others in this series. A great story for shifter lovers of any age. I requested an ARC of this book so that I could post an honest review.
Angela
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, and there was so much potential (this author has a lot of great ideas), but there were too many unanswered questions. Too many things were glossed over and underdeveloped. As the first book in a series there should have been more world building. I also wished there was more of Delpha and Vicky, two extremely interesting characters, but everything was rushed. I’m sure the other books will cover character/world development more, but it felt like I read half a book.
Lexy
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book for an honest review. This was a great start to the series, love the characters and plot. It is a stand alone with no cliffhanger. It is short story around 130ish pages. I love how you can read these books in any order and yet they are all connected. I won't give anything away but it was a great book.
Chelsie
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I immediately fell in love with the small town of Willow Harbor from the second the Gates were opened :) The characters were extremely lovable and even relatable (even though I’m not a paranormal being lol) This book had everything I love, and I really fell for Pierce :) can’t wait for the next in the series!!
Chelsea
Had so much potential

I loved where this story was headed, but the last half of the book seemed rushed. I feel like the characters later mentioned could have been expanded on and more details could have been put in. It's a good read though, just seemed like the ending could have been more drawn out.
Lost in Words
Simple-Sweet

The best way to describe this book is sweet with light conflict. The author attempts to make the world a bit dark but I didn't find it convincing. If you want that fairy tale good feeling from a romance book, this book will not disappoint. The writing and story is solid but I find the characters could use a bit more depth.
Shawn
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story

This was a great read that introduces us to Willow Harbor. A quaint town that has secrets and a lot more that meets the eye. This was a great short story that just pulls you in, it has it all drama, suspense and always that hottie that makes you swoon. Shifters and everything else can be found in this amazing town. Great read, will be reading all the books

• (Mis)fortune (Judgement of the Six, #2)
  • Deceiving Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga Book 10)
  • (Sur)real
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six, #1)
  • Demon Flames (Resurrection Chronicles, #2)
  • Moon Kissed (Mirror Lake Wolves #1)
  • Beyond The Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga, #9)
  • Deep Dark Secrets (The Spiritwalkers, #1)
  • One True Mate (Westin Pack #1)
  • Demon Ember (Resurrection Chronicles, #1)
  • Sacrifice Me, Season Two: Part 1 (Sacrifice Me Season 2)
  • Sacrifice Me, Season Two: Part 2 (Sacrifice Me Season 2)
  • The Diseased Ones (The Hollis Timewire Series, #1)
  • Territory (Territory, #2)
  • Marked By Power (The Marked, #1)
  • Touch
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • The Curse (The Butterfly Effect #2)
Alyssa Rose Ivy is the bestselling author of more than forty novels with over one million books sold worldwide. She loves to weave stories with romance and humor, and she is best known for writing about college boys with wings. After surviving law school and earning her masters in library science, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. Although raised in the New York area, she ...more

Willow Harbor (8 books)
  • Vampire's Descent (Willow Harbor, #2)
  • Hunter's Revenge (Willow Harbor, #3)
  • Triton's Curse (Willow Harbor, #4)
  • Siren's Song (Willow Harbor, #5)
  • Warlock's Embrace (Willow Harbor, #6)
  • Witch's Mark (Willow Harbor, #7)
  • Raven's Sight (Willow Harbor, #8)