Start by marking “Got Mine (Men of Trance, book 1)” as Want to Read:
Got Mine (Men of Trance, book 1)

Got Mine

(Men of Trance #1)

When his precocious daughter is accepted into a hipster private school - Theodore Sway sacrifices his ego, his morals, and his body hair so Lulu isn’t damned to a life of ramen noodles and broken dreams.

Theo takes a job at Trance; the city’s only women’s club, and soon becomes its star attraction. That still isn’t enough to pay his daughter's tuition and the ever-rising c
Published July 25th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Got Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Got Mine

☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This was a super cute and fun book!😍📚 I really enjoyed the characters and the premise of this sweet and fun novel! If you are looking for something fun and different, look no further! This is a book that shouldn't be missed!
Chelsey Sagaribay
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicole has outdone herself again!! Got Mine brings us into a universe that is little known, but enjoyed by plenty. The main character Theo is so beyond heartwarming and is what every dad should strive to be: dedicated. His determination to succeed is beyond unyielding. He's even willing to humiliate himself just to give his daughter the future he never had. Theo's personal story of the struggle to survive is inspiring.
When you're given a glimpse into Sway's world, you can't stop laughing at all
Jen Zingaro
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was different from any of the ones that I've read in a long time. Imagine Magic Mike meets Mr. Mom. Theo is a single dad of Lulu who is doing his best to support his daughter whom he wants to enroll in a private school. His options are limited so he takes a job at a strip club with one of his friends. He finds himself in some compromising situations along the way. And when Lulu's mom resurfaces, a lot more drama arises. I was fascinated by the story. Makes you think about the choices p ...more
Denise
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blue
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SPOILERS, and sadly, unpopular opinion.

The style of writing itself isn’t bad, it's the storyline that missed by a mile for me. This started out well enough, but by 30% it still wasn't clear who the love interest was going to be and I felt the story lagging and meandering. By 50%, it’s all over the place, one minute she’s his friend and the next he claims he wants a life with only her, doesn’t love her but asks her to move in, has sex with her to keep her from being insecure while he’s leaving fo
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
DNF at 25%

I just can’t get into this. It’s not grabbing my attention and I just don’t care to finish it. I may come back to this at another time but at this time I’m not interested.
Lucinda Fey
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by this author.
Got Mine deviates from her previous style, imo. And I love it!
Sexy, funny, so entertaining. I enjoyed this book so much, I read it twice!
I look forward to the next installment of the Men of Trance series!

Please don't make us wait too long!!!
Nicole Loufas
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can give myself 5 stars, right?
Samantha   Vickery
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love her characters. How could you not fall in love with Sway???? Well written story, great romance, lots of fun and even some teasing. I'm excited that these boys,will be a series.
Isaiah
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC in return for an honest review on NetGalley.

Can we start on that cover. If that hunk is supposed to be Sway, no wonder all the ladies are going nuts for him. The detail of having the tattoo with his daughter's name on his forearm, the look that matches what he is described as wearing, and it isn't him on stage. There is much to love about the cover which is the reason I looked into the book in the first place. I like the bad boy looking good boy. Theo is very much that. He is the pe
Diana Laura (The Bookish Sisters)
Full review here: http://www.thebookishsisters.com/revi...

Oh, man. I got to say that when I started reading this book forever ago—more like yesterday morning—I really, really didn’t think I would end up liking it. But the more I read, the more I started appreciating its beauty.
Got Mine is definitely one of those books you need to keep reading to eventually be able to see the amazingness inside it, just like a diamond in the rough.

This book surprised the heck out of me. Nicole Loufas sure does he
Chanda Norman
If you are looking for something different to read give this delightful book a try. Theo (Sway) is a young father that turns to being a male dancer to support his daughter. This well written book was so original in the way the author made the reader feel what it was like to be in this profession and what goes on behind the scenes. I like the way Theo and Sylvie his girlfriend's relationship developed into the family they both wanted and the HEA they both deserved.

This is a page turner, with ple
Lucy
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whoa. This book hit every mark.
It's a great twist on a classic plot. The role reversal was genius! A single dad that becomes a stripper to support his young daughter after his girlfriend joins the army. Every part of this story works.
The struggle is believable. The characters were loveable. The plot was masterfully written.
Easiest 5-stars I've given all summer.
And this is just the beginning. I can't wait to read the next installment in the Men of Trance series.
Heather Swan
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got Mine is unlike any other book I have read before. It was a single dad who is just trying to do what he can to make ends meet for him and his daughter. This book doesn't sugar coat things and I love that. He admits that he has run out of diapers, just real struggles. The baby's mom comes back, so you also see that struggle.

I loved this book. Usually it is the female having the struggles, very rarely do you read about the male struggling. It just felt like real life. I can't wait to read the n
Bridget
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hello men of Trance! I loved book one in this new series. You will quickly fall in love with Theo aka Sway. Theo is a single dad that would do absolutely anything for his adorable daughter, Lulu, including taking a job that is less than ideal. I enjoyed meeting each one of the men of Trance and can't wait to learn more about each of their stories. This book was funny, sexy and sweet. I love Nicole's writing and could not put this one down!
Amy Edwards
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Theo has the best personality and would do anything for his daughter. It is so nice to see the side of an amazing single dad while also laughing out loud at some of the comments in this book. Nicole Loufas has a great writing style and draws the reader in. I can't wait for the other books in this series to come out!!!!
Ina Frank
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nicole is one of my fave new writers. This book is vastly different from her other books...in a good way. First of all, this is written in single POV. Theo/Sway is a single dad struggling to care for his five year old daughter.

Spoilers***

Theo's girlfriend left him with their daughter when she was two to join the army and has little to no contact with him or their daughter. Brilliant flip.

Theo becomes a stripper to earn enough money to send Lulu to private school. Another classic trope that's b
Bookish_Sally
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 1 in a new series called Men of Trance. I enjoyed meeting Theo, I mean Sway in this story and getting to meet Lulu, Sylvie, Gio, Rico and Dain. I'm excited to see where the author goes with their stories in this series. I finished this book in a few hours. It kept me entertained and interested in how this story would unfold. My favorite characters were Theo and Dain.
Rea
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I wasn’t drawn to this story. The characters were not ones that I was attached to or really understood. From the beginning you know who the main male character is but I never really understood what female character I was supposed to be cheering for or liking. This is my first time reading this author so maybe I’m just not used to her style, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.
Cathy
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I saw this cover and read the description and thought ok this definitely sounds like a book up my alley let me check it out. I’m glad I did because it really wasn’t what I expected.

We meet Theo as he ventures on to stripping trying to pay for his daughter’s education, which is a noble thing if you think about it because he’s being selfless about it. I really thought the book was going to go somewhere and it eventually did but it was so typical that I didn’t feel any excitement. It really wasn’t
Jody
Readers will find themselves quickly falling for the world's best dad in this sexy and charming tale set in the world of male stripping. Issues of parental custody are balanced with moral issues over the lines one won't cross when piles of money become a temptation. These issues are dealt with head-on in an unblinking way that will leave readers questioning their own limits. By the turn of the final page though, and courtesy of some far too easily resolved complications, readers will be left smi ...more
Slb
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.6 I needed more fiction to swallow this book.
This had a storyline, plot, angst, abandonment, physical abuse, romance and messed up characters in relationships. Likable main heroine and hero. Could be good if some issues were fixed. It didn't flow, not believable, I was glad it was over so I didn't have to read about these 2 dysfunctionality baring results when they have children. Unless that was the author's point, children having children?
I had issues for me. A young father who cares for his
Carlene Amabel
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story snuck up on me.
I don't read a lot of books from male POV but I really enjoyed Sway's inner dialogue. He was a dude without being a douche. Maybe because he's a single dad. He automatcially gets hot points and a free pass to sometimes act like as asshole.
Theo is not an asshole. He's sweet and loving, and oh so hot!
The books focusing on him trying to provide a better life for his daughter so he becomes a stripper. His interactions with his daughter are really sweet.
The hilarious situati
Belle Lancaster
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been patiently waiting for this book and I can report - It was worth every second.
Theo's story is both funny and heartwarming.

Theo's baby mama leaves him with their 2-year-old daughter, the story begins 3 years later. Lulu is accepted to a pricey private school that Theo cannot afford. He takes a job at a strip club - Trance. Theo realizes that the line he created to keep his morals and manhood in tact; is easily erased when money is on the table. The fact that he's willing to humiliate h
Tess Carella
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was fun. A peferct summer read.

Single dad, Theo is left by his girlfriend and looking for ways to afford private school for his daughter. He becomes a male entertainer. Being in the head of a male dancer isn't something you read every day. This line:

"I bend her over and bounce against her ass a few times. I don’t do it to feel good; it makes the ladies laugh and humiliates my prey. Now she knows how vulnerable I feel."

My heart just melted for Sway. I really enjoyed reading his story an
Brandie Breaux
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good, quick read for me. It took me a while for the story to hold my interest, but I'm so glad that I gave it a second chance. I really enjoyed this single-dad story that was full of hot men! This book had a little bit of everything--second chance, firends-to-lovers, single dad, romantic comedy, drama, and angst. Theo's drive to take care of his daughter just made me love him. I'm excited to see more from the men of Trance!!
Greta Mimi
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one book you don't want to put off reading.
It was so flipping entertaining I can't even put it into words.
But I'll try.
You get a little of everything:
Sexy time
Daddy time
Stripping from a male POV
Skin care tips
How strippers maintain their "excitement"

This book is sexy and funny. I devoured it in a day.

Heather Gerlock
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book pulled me in from day one! I read it faster then I read most. The story line is amazing, I love how loving Theo is. He is an amazing dad giving his daughter the life he knows she deserves. This make my heart swell with love and laugh all at the same time.
Andrea
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5 Stars. I loved Theo. I loved that he would do anything for his daughter. I loved Sylvie and I’m glad Theo saw how great she was. But there was something about Rachel that really bugged me 🤷🏽♀ besides her it was a good read ...more
Katy Keeton
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sway time

Theo's(Sway) story pulls you in instantly. His love and devotion to give his daughter a quality education knows no limits. Well, it actually does. He goes from Mr Mom to male dancer while making sure to not cross the line. It's a fresh story with a lot of heart.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • The Rest of Forever (Firsts and Forever #16)
  • Hanging by a Thread (Riley O'Brien & Co., #3)
  • The Veranda (Lavender Shores, #3)
  • Living Out Loud (Free Fall #4)
  • Tall Dark and Texan (Return to Stone Creek, #2)
  • Adrift
  • Home is Where the Bark Is
  • Going Sasquatch (Finnegan & Morrow #1)
  • Nora (Sunfire, #26)
  • Lessons in Gravity
  • How to Wrangle a Cowboy (Cowboys of Decker Ranch, #3)
  • For Better or Worse
  • Trifling Favors  (The Redcakes, #7)
  • Wyoming Lawman (The Women of Swan's Nest, #2)
  • My Busboy
  • Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Running Wild, #2)
  • Wanted: One Perfect Man (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
Nicole was born and raised in California. She claims to be a San Francisco native, however she's lived in both Northern and Southern California. She credits her creativity to the fact that she attended 12 schools between kindergarten and her senior year in high school. Her nomadic childhood allowed her to reinvent herself often. Some might call her a liar. While others see the stories she told as ...more