Start by marking “Monsters & Angels” as Want to Read:
Monsters & Angels

Monsters & Angels

(Monsters & Angels #1)

Fledgling nurse Sorcha Alden knew she had the skills to save lives, but she never dreamed that her own life would be the one in danger.

Driven by tragedy to honor her family name, Sorcha embarks on a journey that takes her from the bleak but familiar streets of New York, through the sultry and seductive city of New Orleans, and into the brutal jungles of Nepal. Forging fri
Published October 11th 2017 by Anne Marie Andrus

To ask other readers questions about Monsters & Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsters & Angels

Start your review of Monsters & Angels
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I participated in the blog tour for this book, stop by on my blog for the chance to enter in an international giveaway! https://marriedtobooksreviewsandblog....

I also read this for part of a readathon running between 16th-22nd of October called Spookathon, follow me on Twitter to see what books I read and daily check-ins: www.Twitter.com/MarriedToBooks3

A digital copy of the book was provided to me via Xpresso Blog Tours and the author for being one of the hosts on the tour! All thoughts shared h
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Sorcha Alden graduates top of her class from a school in New York. Sorcha is finally able to full fill her dream of following in her mother’s footsteps as a nurse. When Sorcha’s mother passes away unexpectedly she decides to take a job in New Orleans working with nuns and a doctor that only does the night shift.

Sorcha loves her new job and her new friends then she gets the opportunity to go work in Nepal. Once in Nepal Sorcha is attacked by a rare breed of vampires and left for dead but she is
 CCAM&GZM
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could say that the story of Monsters & Angels could be divided into two parts.

The first has the atmosphere of a genuine historical romance. The paranormal elements are finely inserted in the real life and step by step they move the story in their supernatural world.

I liked a lot of things about the first part of the story. For example, the romance story is well entwined within one of more “human” aspects: greed, lust and lust for power, malevolence, but also the camaraderie, respect and honest
Holly N. Shaull
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!!

Absolutely loved this book and couldn't put it down? So many questions left unanswered though. Excellent writing!! Can't wait to see if there is a new book on the horizon.
Kimmie
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God what a book. This was a phenomenal book.
Expertly written and thoroughly thought-out. It had a
wonderful flow to it. I hope there more books in the series.

This is Sorcha's story how she went from a nurse to a
vampire. And how she fell in love. Can I tell you which
means she finally Falls for. I feel like that is part of the
discovery of the book. The figuring out who she will finally
choose. I think it one point it gets to be a little obvious but
you may be surprised. In after a loss w
Brigitte
Monsters & Angels is a journey into the supernatural world during the 1930s. From New York to New Orleans and Nepal. It introduces the Rakshasa, a rare breed of vampires.

Sorcha has just qualified as a nurse when she suffers a family loss. Left to grieve on her own, she becomes restless and when she sees an advert about recruitment of nurses in New Orleans, she takes a chance.

She embarks on the long sea journey to New Orleans to work in the hospital run by nuns. Raimond, a secretive and enigmatic
Dilyana
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, I have this thing for manes: I hate mispronouncing them, but I often do. To prevent you from mutilating Sorcha's name, I'll tell you this: I thought the "ch" was the same as in "change"; I was wrong.

As Sorcha herself puts it: "That (Sorka) is the true Gaelic pronunciation, but my Mum preferred Sor-sha."

And now you know.

Let's start with the review.

The first chapter was sped through. There was lack of details sometimes and I feel a bit lost. In one moment she's in one room and in the next, wit
Kathy Finfrock
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick synopsis: The story begins in 1935 where Sorcha has graduated nursing school at the top of her class in New York. She's excited to follow her mother's legacy, but tragedy hits home and she flees to a new life in New Orleans. A visit to Nepal changes everything for Sorcha. Her life as a nurse ends after she is attacked and she is changed into a vampire. Sorcha becomes a vampire of an elite royal family. Unfortunately someone wants the family destroyed.

The story starts off well. Get a glimp
Brian Harris
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast-Moving Vamp Story

On a mission to Nepal young nurse Sorcha is stalked, murdered and reborn as a vampire—albeit a rare, and particularly bloodthirsty variety. Returning to New Orleans, Sorcha must adjust to her new more exciting lifestyle.

The author does an excellent job of creating a world of vampire high-society, with rival groups and even species of vampires. The stakes are raised as vampire politics and romantic rivalries heat up. There are a few other supernatural elements, but it doesn
Claire Cronin
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This new PNR series is set in the 1930's and centres around Sorcha, having graduated nursing school at the top of her class and wants to follow in her mum's footsteps, until she suffers a devastating loss and finds herself going to New Orleans to start a new life away from it all. Here she meets the dashingly handsome Dr Banitierre who she is attracted to, but he keeps his distance. A trip to Nepal changes everything for her - she is attacked and made into a vampire and has to start a new life a ...more
Kathleen
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want this book to end. I wanted more... this story was both human and beyond. The author did an exceptional job in setting the time period and showing the human and/or vulnerable side of characters. There was a careful and meticulous setting of facts that set the stage for the conclusion of the book. The only vampire books I have read were a series that became juvenile movies. Angels and Monsters was suspenseful, sexy and sensual. This book should be a movie. Bravo!!
Plum Report (Kimberly)
3 stars = Liked it...and I did like it. It's a book I would recommend to those interested in the supernatural world of vampires. Anne Marie's take on vampires combines traditional mythology with some ideas of her own. Her main character, Sorcha, is a young nurse and it's only after her death that Sorcha truly experiences life.

Read the full review here: https://plumreport.com/2018/06/book-r...

If you are into Vampires and don't mind the occasional sex scene, then I would recommend reading Monsters
Karen
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes paranormal romance stories. Sorcha is a young woman who loses her mother unexpectedly and decides after her funeral to leave NY for something new. She boards a train to New Orleans to answer an advertisement for nurses to work in a hospital run by nuns and a Dr. Banitierre, who only works nights. Her desire to make her mother proud of her, even though she is gone, drives her to be a hard worker who puts a lot of care and love ...more
Kwekwe
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Sorcha!!!

This was an excellent read, love the details in New Orleans and the Rakshasha. Was saddened by some and elated by other parts of the story. Fantastic and highly recommended. I’ll have to add more from this Author to my to read list
Janine Padro
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! I'm craving another...I still have questions - but I think that's the mark of a great author!
Racquel Kechagias
Gabriela
Oct 18, 2017
Patrick Masterson
Nov 25, 2017

• The Buck Passes Flynn (Flynn, #2)
  • The War of the Black Tower: Part One: Cursed by the Dark Lord
  • Forest Mage (Soldier Son, #2)
  • The Soldier Son Trilogy Bundle
  • A Good Life: Newspapering and Other Adventures
  • The Pale Dreamer (The Bone Season, #0.5)
  • The Phantom of Manhattan
  • The Fledgling Handbook 101
  • The Selection Coloring Book
  • Disney Princess  #1 (Disney Princess, #1)
  • Little Saigon
  • The War of the Black Tower: Part Two: Revenge of the Dragon
  • The War of the Black Tower Trilogy (The War of the Black Tower Trilogy #1-3)
  • The Blue Hour (Merci Rayborn, #1)
  • Red Light (Merci Rayborn #2)
  • All the Devils (Livia Lone #3)
  • Orlando
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
Anne Marie is an author from New Jersey with a serious addiction to New Orleans. Raimond, Book 0 of the Monsters & Angels Series will be released on October 25, 2018, just in time for the best holiday of the year.
Halloween!