Start by marking “The Afterlife Coach” as Want to Read:
The Afterlife Coach

The Afterlife Coach

Imagine waking up to find Napoleon Bonaparte, Janis Joplin and Count Dracula in your kitchen eating Froot Loops.
For Claire Anderson, this crosses the line.
To make matters worse, they’re on the lam and can’t be returned to sender until In Between, the afterlife way station, can arrange transportation to pick them up. In the meantime, Claire tries to contain this motley cr
Published June 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Afterlife Coach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Afterlife Coach

Start your review of The Afterlife Coach
Caffeinated Weka
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy, fiction
Something a bit different, The Afterlife Coach is a novel idea that is funny and light hearted. Lots of hyperbole as the characters continually launch from one crisis to another. An enjoyable light read.
Michele DeLuca
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As I was reading this book, with its crazy plot about Dracula, Janis Joplin and Napoleon coming back to life, I kept thinking, "Wow, this author is a really good writer. I bet she could write some wonderful serious books." And then I thought, why would she want to do that? The plot is so unusual that it took me a few chapters to warm up to the idea that a coach was needed to help dead people get to where they needed to go in the afterlife, but the story is worth staying with and the characters a ...more
Marjorie
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book just for the novelty of reading a comedy - not a genre I usually read as I think most comedic authors have had a sense of humour bypass. The premise intrigued me so I decided to go for it and I was not disappointed.

Claire was an Afterlife Coach from a long line of Afterlife Coaches, indeed you could say it runs in the family. When her husband died and she was left to bring up her two sons and a daughter she decided to give it all up However, something has gone very
Empi Baryeh
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first thing that caught my attention was author's writing style, which weaves in a sense of humour I discovered I liked. With the story written in first person (usually not my favourite), the humour adds to the protagonist's persona and brings a definite realness to her.

The premise of the story is very interesting - a person who not only sees the dead but has the task of helping them make amends and find peace. THe protragonist, Claire Anderson, has recently lost her husband and
Nana Prah
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The simplicity of the cover and the engaging blurb roped me into reading the novel. An afterlife coach is a concept I have never hear of, until this book. Very interesting. Claire was very likeable and I felt sorry for her at the beginning of the book. I cheered her on as the book progressed. In the end I was glad she’d found the trio sitting at her kitchen table because she’d found, or rather re-found, her true calling and found peace.

I did find the story a little slow in the beginn
Suzy Brookhart
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This appealed to me and was so different than any book I had read in a while.

The first 30 pages I wasn't sure it was going to work-this Life coach who helps those deceased who can't move onto the afterlife, resolve issues. But it totally worked and mainly because the characters are warm, fun and lovable. You cheer for them all; Claire and her challenges in life, and the 3 famously deceased; Joplin, Dracula and Napoleon. There are plenty of misadventures with this group-and the humor
Karin
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story. Funny. Interesting premise. A light-hearted story about what happens to souls who get stuck between death and the Afterlife. Coaches help these souls retry mortal life for a short period (not a reincarnation) with a goal to work thru their issues.

These souls don't just show up at your house one day...or do they? Janis Joplin, Napoleon & Dracula show up at Claire's place with no warning and hilarity and tenderness ensues.
Janet Angela beardsley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it what a laugh!

It was such a different type of story, and it was serious in small parts, and laugh out loud, to the annoyance of my husband, I would definitely read another book of susans!
Dee
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Engaging

Well written, a novel concept and a book which draws you into the alternative world created by the author. I hope she writes a sequel to this.
Fabiola
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Likeable characters, twists and turns, creative storyline. An enjoyable read; made me laugh and cry.
Dale
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Clever, humorous read

Clever, humorous read. Engaging gaggle of characters. Well paced narrative. Quirky storyline. Loved the ending, tidy but open to possibilities.
Amanda Cox
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really cute and funny with a bit of emotion. An easy beach read...
Debbie Powell
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a real fun read, yet poignant and sweet.
Maria
Aug 07, 2017
Victor
Aug 01, 2018
nicola mcintyre
rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2019
Oct 12, 2017
janette c hitchings
Aug 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Bound To Fate (Bound Series, #1)
  • You Know I Love You Because You're Still Alive: Confessions of a Middle Aged Working Mom
  • Pop Travel (Pop Travel, #1)
  • Bridget Crack
  • Love Built to Last (Fireflies #1)
  • Can't Miss Christmas
  • Lady Honor's Debt (The Baxendale Sisters, #1)
  • The Broken Hearts Book Club
  • A Bustle in the Hedgerow (CASMIRC, #1)
  • Pumpkin: a Cindermama Story
  • Roadrage
  • You Can't Make Old Friends (Brighton's No.1 Private Detective #1)
  • The Drowned Village
  • Suomesta, rakkaudella / From Finland with Love
  • A Single's Guide to Texas Roadways
  • The King's Convenient Bride (Royal Seductions, #1)
  • The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - The Curious Case Of The Kidnapped Chemist
  • Wicked for Hire (Paranormal in Manhattan #1)
It was a rainy day when Susan Paul was born on April Fool's Day in Montreal, Canada. Things got better as she spent an idyllic childhood running around until the streetlights came on. At some point, she thought that practicing law was a good idea.

She was wrong.

Luckily, her husband very kindly offered to take her away from it all by moving them first to Europe and then to Singapore. The Afterlife