Start by marking “Spring Break (Accidental Roots, #3)” as Want to Read:
Spring Break (Accidental Roots, #3)

Spring Break

(Accidental Roots #3)

Sometimes a guy needs a break. Carroll Weir got one--but it wasn't what he expected.

All he dreams of is escaping dreary, damp Skagit, WA, for a warmer climate. Instead, Federal Investigator Carroll Weir is assigned to a cross-agency case involving geoduck smugglers and a very dead Fish and Wildlife Detective.

Sterling Bailey, the regular bartender at the Loft, likes to
Published June 6th 2017 by Dirty Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Spring Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Break

Start your review of Spring Break (Accidental Roots, #3)
Simone
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
How the hell do you end up from blowing an FBI-Agent in the backroom of a bar...

... to being his babysitter and then lover within a few weeks??? And, what is more, when you did not even deign him a second glance so far, much less like him particularly? Well, it happens faster than you think...

Sterling Bailey, outwardly gruff, but at the bottom of his heart caring bartender at The Loft in Skagit, WA, has his own problems, even without help from the outside to make it worse.
The police are on a manhunt for a fourteen-year-old boy. They say he's injured, but dangerous, and issue a warning for everyone to be on the lookout. Your character stumbles upon the boy in an alleyway on a late night.

Turned adrift by
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

First time I read from this author and I picked up this one as it looked like the kind of story I would enjoy : a mystery MM Romance. Even if it is part of a series, I had no trouble following the book so yes, it can be read as a standalone, and this story kept me enough engaged that I’m thinking about picking up other instalments.

Carroll Weir, FBI Agent, is a loner and not pleased to have to stay longer than anticipated in Skagitt on temporary assignment, and he’s even more unhappy
~Volha~
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two confirmed bachelors with commitment phobia, family issues that still haunt their lives, sassy teenager named Raven and all of Skagit equals fantastic time! I loved the time both Carroll and Sterling spent together and slowly became friends. Their feelings snuck up on them but both men needed time to search for answers: What did they want from their lives?

Carroll Weir is a federal agent. He is smart, resourceful and ready for his next case... anywhere but in Skagit. But before he can escape
Lisa The Novel Approach
Carroll Weir, federal agent, is packed and ready to leave the boring life of Skagit for sand, sun and surf. Well, almost… His boss, Mohammad Azaya, calls and tells Carroll to go undercover for the Department of Fish and Wildlife after Peter Krystad, a detective, was murdered. Carroll is teamed up with Krystad’s partner, Thomas Poole, who was working on a case of geoduck smuggling. There’s lots of investigating and late hours in the patrol boat with Poole, as Weir gets wrapped up in his cases— ...more
Heather Martin
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Signal Boost Promotions for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

Spring Break is book 3 in Elle Keaton's Accidental Roots series. I think you would enjoy this book better if you read the whole series in the appropriate order.

Carroll Weir has been in Skagit finishing the investigation into traffickingwhen he's given the case of investigating the death of Fish and Wildlife Officer. Carroll never thought he would
Coco.V
Mar 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (3/19/2018)!

Blurb:

Sterling Bailey, the regular bartender at the Loft, likes to think of his customers and employees as family since he doesn’t have one of his own.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Even better

This series gets better with each book and I loved Weir and Sterling’s story. I already really liked Weir from book 1 but not much about Sterling. They are very self-contained men, pretty much loners with some similar experiences in their past. They hook up a couple of times, briefly but Weir gets injured, so Micah & the ever-cranky Adam manage to get them both staying in their house while Weir recuperates. Sterling does have a sister who visits and she is the subject of the
Jordan
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5 - This book was good but whoa! Bartender becomes one-nighter becomes live-in caretaker becomes boyfriend, whaatt? This book went so quickly through a line of unlikely scenarios but somehow it just worked together.

The MC's in this book really pull it all together. Carroll, or Weir as he prefers to be called, is a little bit of a hermit-detective whose sick of being stuck in Skagit but got reassigned to a new case... in Skagit. When he keeps coming up empty, he takes regular trips to the local
Veronica
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Weir is Skargit investigating the death of a wildlife officer that is believed to be connected to the smuggling of geoducks. Now before I read this book I’d never heard of a geoduck and naively assumed it was some sort of duck. So when Weir described a geoduck I went straight to Google to see for myself and had a good laugh. Needless to say geoduck – not a duck. But on to the story.

Sterling and Weir’s romance is set against
Joyfully Jay
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna

A Joyfully Jay review.

I’m a big fan of the Accidental Roots series. All the books are absorbing, atmospheric, and captivating. They’re romances, but they’re also mysteries with action and well-written bad guys. The main characters are strong, sweet, and sexy, and their chemistry is always off the charts. This latest installment, Spring Break, keeps in that tradition.

Weir and Sterling were both pretty stoic guys. I would go so far as to call them grumpy. At the beginning, Weir is so
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This right here. This is why I love Elle Keaton's books. She amped it up again. So much emotion, drama, and suspense while stole packing a ton of heat. Plus, she has my thoughts swirling on who will be the next couple. Though I'm leaning on maybe a polyamorous one is in the future. I was given the privilege and opportunity to receive an advanced reader copy and am voluntarily leaving an honest review. I love this series so much and can't wait until the next one comes out.
Jenny Wood
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Weir and Sterling….

I was so excited about this one, because I really wanted to see what all the fuss with Weir was about, and why he put Adam in such a bad mood. Reading the last couple of stories in this series though, I just realized that Adam is just always in a bad mood. This one was no different.

So, since Weir is already in town wrapping up a case, Mohammad puts him on another one on the DL after a game and wildlife dude gets murdered. They think it has something to do with a fish of some
Tori Thompson
4.5 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews!

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. This review was originally posted at Love Bytes Reviews, please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews, interviews, and giveaways!

Wow! I loved this book!

Our first main character is Carroll Weir. Weir has some issues in his past, his sister vanished when he was a kid, his mother ran away, his father was an asshole and then died. Weir was partially raised by a man
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

It’s only taken me a little over a year, but I’ve finally read the last book, well book three, but the last one I hadn’t read, in the Accidental Roots series. It took so long because I couldn’t stand to not have one available to me at all times to fall back on, but I have to say, I think Weir and Sterling are my favorite of all the couples so far.

I absolutely loved both Sterling and Weir and I loved the progression of their relationship. Although they hook up in the beginning, they
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is an emotionally charged book that quickly drew me in. The author has created complex, interesting, believable characters that had me wanting to know more about them. There is plenty of suspense, a bit of mystery, and love within the pages. I look forward to reading what happens next.
Heather
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carroll Weir can't wait to leave soggy Skagit behind now that everything that brought him there is wrapped up but as we all know life doesn't always work how we want, Skagit is not done with Agent Weir. Sterling Bailey sees so much as the bartender of The Loft but nothing surprises him because of his past and the love he has for his little sister is what brought him home to Skagit. When their paths cross in a late night hook-up, we all know it's going to become more and boy does it ever!

The
Amanda
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been hoping to get Agent Carroll Weir's story since first meeting him in Storm Season. I could not wait to find out what was underneath the surface of this young, brilliant FBI agent, and I was not disappointed! I honestly could not be happier with this book. Weir and Sterling's story is my absolute favorite of the series so far. Both men have pasts that keep them from looking for anything other than hookups with anyone, but when they are thrown together for longer than a night things ...more
Kristina
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spring Break (Book 3)- 4 Stars: [Weir and Sterling] These two! The hate to love works so well for them. Weir is smart and grouchy and Sterling is sweet but kind of standoffish. But when they finally come together, I love the dynamic that happens.
Paul
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought_it
I’m really enjoying this series, but damn, there always seem to be threads left dangling without resolution at the end... the author’s beta-readers are not doing her any favors.
Kevin
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two guys are perfect for each other, and though though neither want a relationship, circumstances (a convalescence) force them together. I enjoyed the mystery, action, and romance.
What I didn't like so much was frequent reference to characters and events in prior books (that's what I get for reading out of order). The epilogue was entirely devoted to some other book. What is it even doing here?
While most loose ends were tied up, I missed the explanation to the tire slashing incident. Some other
Michele
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sterling bartends at the Loft (pretty much the only gay bar in small town Skagit, Washington). He is everyone's confidante, but never gets too involved with anyone. Skagit is just too insular.

Carroll Weir is a federal investigator on assignment to Skagit investigating the human trafficking ring exposed in book 2. He is also Adam's current partner but is more than ready to leave the surly man and rainy town in his rear view mirror. Sea and surf beckon this California native.

Unfortunately, JUST as
J
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, age-gap
This book was just okay for me. I didn't really get a feel for the relationship between the young Federal agent and the bartender. The agent was supposed to be younger, but always seemed to act like the responsible adult in the relationship to the detriment of my feelings for the bartender.

The bartender had been thrown out of his home at the age of 14 by his homophobe parents. He lived on the streets of Seattle for years (turning tricks to survive) before finding someone that took him in. Could
Tena
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - Another great addition to this series. Weir and Sterling are both loners and not looking for a relationship. Once again, the main characters find out they've managed to fall into one without noticing. Other than that, a lot of action, and more hospital time, the stories are varied enough that each one is fresh, the relationships distinct. The mysteries, the action/drama, and the developing romances are all woven together to keep each part moving forward at a steady pace, with no real ...more
Suzun
Nov 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Didn’t like this one

I almost didn’t finish. I was pissed at the beginning. Two guys who don’t like each other decide to have sex..... Ok. Both were in previous books, one more than the other.

I had to force myself to keep going but it got a lot better. It has action and the characters have more depth as you go along, but I never really got into it like I did the first two. I hope the next one doesn’t start stupid...
Amy Dufera
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Already enjoying Elle Keaton's Accidental Roots series, I really liked Spring Break, the third book.

The issues with Sterling's family and sister kept me riveted throughout. In addition to the romance between Sterling and Weir, this story is full of excitement.

Spring Break is a combo of action, suspense, romance, and emotion. It's a fun read for sure.
JANET FINLEY
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Also awesome

I started this series with book four. Then I started at the beginning with book one. Each book is amazing in its own way. I hope there are many more to come. If I had another one to read now, I would be reading it before any other author or series. Thanks so much Elle Keaton. Please keep writing!!!!
Suze
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one!
Back in Skagit with reluctant men, Weir and Sterling.
Both have difficult back stories, with families that are mucked up.
Weir is staying in Skagit to clear up the slave ring but gets involved in the the death of a Fish and Wildlife officer.
This was quite in the background but does get resolved.
It is mainly the two men sorting themselves out.
Pati

I honestly have no idea how this has so many high ratings. Not only is it formulaic but it contains so many erroneous investigational and medical things that it drove me insane. I'm just thankful that I picked this up for free. I can't recommend it nor will I be reading this author again.
Jenn (not Lily)
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is getting better as it goes -- less editing errors, better writing. I will definitely continue reading the series -- I hadn't been sure at all after the first one, but I think they're worth the time investment!

• Tallowwood
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Stand In Place
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
  • The Mystery of the Bones (Snow & Winter, #4)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Prescription for Love (Road to Blissville, #7)
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Ignite (Unbreakable Bonds, #7)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
Author/imaginator & photographer (also rare Pacific Northwest Native), Elle grew up in Seattle, WA., with the Cascade Mountain range to the east and Olympics to the west.

Elle shares her life with between three to five cats (depending on who's counting), an extremely patient fiancé and a flock of young adults. She's lived in four US states, London England, and Hong Kong; always knows what time

Accidental Roots (8 books)
  • Storm Season (Accidental Roots, #1)
  • No Pressure (Accidental Roots,  #2)
  • As Sure As The Sun (Accidental Roots, #4)
  • River Home (Accidental Roots #5)
  • Unforgivable (Accidental Roots, #6)
  • His Best Man (Accidental Roots, #7)
  • When It Rains (Accidental Roots, #8)