Start by marking “Dragonfly Wishes” as Want to Read:

Dragonfly Wishes

Callie Daniel’s had it all – a handsome and loyal husband – a sweet and loving son. When death comes knocking at the door twice and they are both taken from her, Callie is suddenly struggling to find a reason to continue with her own life.

During an accidental overdose, she discovers that maybe her son is not lost to her forever when she sees a vision and her journey to un
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Dragonfly Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragonfly Wishes

Susan
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Penny Harmon

Received from Author

Callie Daniels life is spinning out of control. Her husband Chris has only been gone for a year. He died in a car crash rushing to the hospital to be with their son, Cooper. DRAGONFLY WISHES starts out with Callie sitting on Cooper's hospital bed, telling her he is ready to go. You see, Cooper has leukemia and after trying everything to save his life, they are out of time. The conversation Callie has with Cooper will have you reaching for the tissu
Emily
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a roller coaster of a story! Poor Callie is faced with more loss in a very short amount of time, than most face in a lifetime. Reading her story, you cried with her and for her, then laughed with her. Even though the whole premise of Dragonfly Wishes is very heavy, Penny Harmon keeps you reading by making the dialog between characters flow. Callie has a great relationship with her mother and other characters which keeps the story moving, not hanging in a depressive state, where you honestly ...more
Heather
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dragonfly Wishes takes you on a journey from crying of sorrow at the beginning to crying of happiness at the end.

I was instantly engrossed in Callie's heartbreaking story of loss. Her pain was so vivid that I felt I could have known her. I felt myself routing for her and cheering her on.

Just when I thought things couldn't have gotten any more complicated for Callie, Harmon throws in another shocking layer that changes everything in an extremely unpredictable way.

Dragonfly Wishes will inspire y
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let me begin by saying this novel has some very sad and difficult subject matter. Losing a child to cancer is cruel enough, but to lose your husband not long before your child – is unimaginable. Callie’s character showed such strength and determination even in the early days after Cooper’s death that I couldn’t help but immediately adore her, cheer for her, and have enormous respect for her. Her character was one that once motivated, she kept her momentum even on the most difficult days, as well ...more
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

Dragonfly Wishes is the story of woman struggling with the grief and how she begins to overcome it. During treatment of her seven-year old son's leukemia, Callie tragically loses her husband in a car accident. She pushes through to help her son heal. When her son loses his fight, Callie is sent spiraling into depression. She doesn't know how to go on until her son Cooper inspires her fro
Anita Dawes
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I knew that Penny Harmon writes romance novels, but Dragonfly Wishes didn’t read like a romance at all in the beginning. The sad opening chapter set the tone for the book, at least that was my initial impression.
Callie’s world is in ruins, her husband and child gone.
What are you supposed to do at times like these?
How do you pick up the pieces of your life and carry on?
Although I haven’t lost anyone through illness or accident, I can only imagine how painful it must be, to be constantly reminded
AC Squared Book Blog
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This story had every thing a reader can ask for! There were so many thoughts than ran through my head while I was reading Dragonfly wishes. There were so many times where the sympathy was so strong for Callie, but you wanted to be strong for her. This story was about how she was able to find the will to live. Sometimes you need just one small thing to hold onto for hope. When you find that one thing you just need to run with it. Callie had so many occurrences her life that any one person may run ...more
Karen
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed the story very much, I don't think you should try to write about grief regarding loss of a child or spouse unless you've come through it. I have lost both in the past six years. I could never comprehend all the things I've come to know through experience and these are things you can only learn by experiencing the pain of going through them.

Everyone feels loss differently and processes it differently. But you must experience it to know it!

However, my biggest issue with this, and t
Wayne D
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much heart and soul...

A very revealing story, though sad, of what it can do to the human heart and soul to lose those closest to us. It doesn't pull any punches, yet gives the reader many helpful resources for putting ones life back together after such devastating losses. I very much liked the idea of taking on a cause greater than oneself, hoping to make our loved ones proud even though they're no longer physically with us.
J.L.
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, tender story

This was a story about Callie, a wife and mother, who lost her husband and young son within a short period of time. It takes you through a myriad of her emotions and challenges after her losses. It does not dwell on the sadness, but embraces the positive changes in her life. It is a tender story with a feel-good ending. Any woman, wife, or mother will enjoy this lovely read.
Laurel
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Difficult emotional subject

I think the author covered this deep subject, but barely skimmed the surface. In so many ways, things were too simplistic.
Terry
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
8/4/18
Sandra
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

I loved this book. I thought from the synopsis i would be crying through the entire book. I did shed a tear or too but it made me happy too. This is a must read!
Tammy Ellis
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Moving read!

This was a very magical book on grieving and healing...it will not disappoint. What a journey...Loved it from beginning to end!
Donna Kale
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aug
Really good, not something I usually read but I was very impressed!
Liz
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story

Shows how it is possible to survive a loss of loved ones. Will be reading more by this new author.
Bekah
Danielle Durnell
Aug 18, 2018
Norma Roussin
Jun 24, 2017
Goodreads Authors...: Reviews Wanted for Upcoming Release 3 18 Jun 10, 2017 05:49PM