Start by marking “Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12)” as Want to Read:
Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12)

Built to Last

(Black Knights Inc. #12)

Masterful, mysterious, and completely ruthless, Jamin “Angel” Agassi joined the Black Knights Inc. after a mission-gone-wrong forced him to undergo extensive plastic surgery and change his name. He's going to bring down the world's worst crime syndicate, and hopefully keep Sonya Butler, a love from his past, from discovering who he really is...

When a dark-eyed stranger get
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published July 3rd 2018 by Sourcebooks (first published June 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Built to Last, please sign up.
Cheryl Lesperance According to the end of the book and Julie's hints this is not going to be the end!!!!

Dísir
As the tail-end of Julie Ann Walker’s ‘Black Knights Inc.’, ‘Built to Last’ has an interesting premise and one that reminds me strongly of another book that I’ve read and found confounding, but the lure of black-ops, action and suspense is always hard to resist.

No doubt this has a sweeping narrative arc—a feature of the typical romantic suspense novel that I love—and coming into this so late in the game means that it can be hard keeping the story straight in my head. I lacked the context about
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Julie Ann Walker wraps up her Black Knight Inc. series with an exciting conclusion in Built to Last and ends it on a high note. Angel Agassi planted himself with the notorious crime boss Spider in order to finally take him down. What he confronts is the love of his life, Sonya Butler, who is now working for him as his right-hand woman. He’s not sure what happened to self-assured and confident Interpol agent he wants knew, but he’s gone to great length to not be the man she once knew 10 years ago
Beth
He never thought to see her again. And if that wasn’t a shock, it was in the employee of one of the world’s worst criminals.

She mourned the loss of the love of her life and no one ever took his place, so why does this world-renowned criminal remind her so much of her lost love?

Extensive plastic surgery has left Sonya in the dark, he never knew that her love didn’t die but has been in deep undercover for years.

“Angel” Jamin is blown away to have a chance to be with Sonya again. But he can’t blow
Missy's Book World
Built to last is the final book of the series and it did not disappoint. This book was amazing. The characters were great and the main couple we're fantastic together.
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Phew. After my disappointment with the previous instalment the final book in the Black Knights provided a very satisfactory conclusion to this long running series. Bad guy apprehended and the final two couples finding their HEA.

Black Knights.. Mission Accomplished.

♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

How to review a book when you thought the plot would be for you but it was the first book of that author that you read and now you know that the writing style was not for you ?

I guess I will go with 3 stars because the book was good just not for me. I know that this might be a confusing way of thinking but it’s just the way I feel. As it might not have been my brightest Idea to start a new author when it’s the last book in a long series is one reason for me to decide this way – but in my defense
Book Lover
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Jamin “Angel” Aggasi, aka Majid Abass, originally Mark Risa, works for Black Knights, Inc., a covert, government agency. He has given up his identity, and the love of his life, to protect many countries. He’s had plastic surgery to completely change his face. He chooses to be more on the periphery of the group. It’s now 10 years later, and the group’s final assignment involves the love of his life.

Sonya Butler works for Interpol. Her current assignment is working for Lord Grafton, aka Spider, k
Rachel
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sonya Butler works for a criminal mastermind. The men she meets during the course of her work are not good men. But one strikes her as familiar, despite obvious plastic surgery and the fact that she watched the man from her past died in front of her. She is smart and resourceful, going to extreme measures to complete a task she feels is important. She may be at the beck and call of dangerous men, but she has her own agenda.

Jamin “Angel” Agassi is working undercover, so far undercover that not e
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great wrap up to this series! I love seeing everyone and finding out what they were doing. And I'm curious as to what will happen in the future because of the way the ending was left open.

As for Angel and Sonya, they had a lot to get past for them to work out. I dont know that I could have done it.

The side romance made me smile. I won't spoil it for you by saying who it is ;) just know it was perfect.

Kim
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
The last couple of books have been building up to a showdown with the evil mastermind Spider. And now Jamin “Angel” Agassi, a former Mossad agent and currently working for Black Knight Inc. has managed to catch Spider's attention and infiltrate his network. He is an enigma. A man of mystery with several previous identities and now is basically a ghost. He is tall, dark, dangerous, and deadly. He sacrificed everything for his country including the woman he loved. And now he is a man on a mission, ...more
 Reading In Pajamas
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
✦Spotlight, Review & Giveaway: BUILT TO LAST (Black Knights Inc.) by Julie Ann Walker https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-aNH
►Enter Giveaway (BKI SERIES) ➢ https://bit.ly/2KF3xjj
Publication Date: June 26, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars

I was so looking forward to Angel’s story and am glad that it explained his past while forming his future. To do this, the book kept flashing back to his previous life, illustrating the impact on his and Sonya’s relationship
Christi Snow
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
*eeps* The final book in the series? I'm not sure I can live without the BKI guys in my life, but luckily there was a hint at the end that there might be more to come. *crossing fingers*

Angel is probably the most elusive of the BKI guys. No one knows the real story about his history, and when it comes out in this book...man, it's crazy. But the one person who knew Angel before his world become complicated and dangerous and impossible...was Sonya. She still mourns the man that died 10 y
Kodie Mackay
NONONONONONONONONONO!!!!! I'm not ready for it to be over.

I know some people get fed up. NOT ME!!! I want more, so much more. I can't even remember the very first time I picked up the first Black Nights Inc story it was so long ago. Yet it seems so hard to believe that this is it for them. Yes I know there is a sort of spin off but quite frankly I feel like I'm mourning the loss of them already. I'm just not ready for this.

Angels story has held a giant question mark for so long. Who is this man
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Built to Last is the final book in Julie Ann Walker’s Black Knights Inc. Series. I have read several of these books but not all of them. Consequently, they can be read as standalones. She always gives enough backstory throughout the book so you don’t feel like you missed that much. Built to Last focuses on the most mysterious and lethal member of Black Knights Inc. His name is Jamin “Angel” Agassi or at least that’s one of his names. Throughout the underworld, Angel is known as the Prince of Sha ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

Wow! What a way to close out a series! I have loved the men of the BKI since book 1. All the intrigue, the action, the romance. Watching all the men meet their HEA has been a lot of fun. Now, we get the final chapter. Along with Angel and Sonya's story, we also get the wrap up of the story arc of Spider--world renowned super villian.

It was a delight to read. All the little pieces fell into place. Light humor thrown in to take off some of the tension with the action. Loved seeing all th
Coco.V
Mar 20, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/20/2018)!💝
Darcy
For the last book in this series I'm a bit underwhelmed with this one. I really had a hard time buying into the attraction/relationship between Sonya and Angel. Part of that is I find it hard to believe that Mark would walk away from the woman he loved to go into an undercover mission that he expected to die in. Another part that I had issue with is how after he lives he never sought out Sonya when he was finally free, yet when he encountered her now he was all in again. That seems at odds.

I was
Sandy S
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 3, 3018

When a dark-eyed stranger gets caught up in Sonya’s latest mission, she starts to question all her h
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
Stark black and white composition of cover subject. Hot pink and white fonts are bold and eye-catching. As a long-time fan of this series and author, I barely cast a glance at the synopsis anymore other than to see which character is getting his or her story told.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third person
Setting: Mostly outside the US; England, France, Moldova, Some US; Chicago.

It was the chemistry
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Those who love anti-heroes and the women they left behind, this is the book for you. In the latest book in this series, readers will finally learn more about Angel Agassi. This book can be read as a standalone. To appreciate the entire world Ms. Walker has built, it is best to read each of the books in order.

Angel is affiliated with the Black Knights Inc. His latest assignment places him in a very dangerous spot. Not only is he to bring down a notorious criminal with powerful allies, he is place
Veronica
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Built to Last is the final instalment of the Black Knight Inc and it gives us Angel’s story. It is a pretty unique second chance love story among the usually, action, danger and catching bad guys we’ve come to know and love with this series.

Angel and Sonya cross paths for the first time in 10 years when Angel is “captured” by the criminal mastermind known as the Spider. Angel himself is a pretty cool, calm and collected guy
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the twelfth and I suspect final book in the series (even if I wish it weren’t true!). You most definitely should read them all and read then in order. However I would suggest that you have some light reading in between as these are high speed, full on books which take all your energy and adrenaline. The plot flowing through all the books has been brilliant and the romances have been SUPER hot each and every time.
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Angel has been the guy in the shadows for a few books now and going into his story, I had no clue what to expect, but I loved every moment of this thrill ride! He was full of secrets and oh man, what secrets they were! I seriously liked Angel more than I expected to. Even when he was an idiot. Because he never thought years down the road he would question what it meant to leave somebody he loved behind. Also the whole keeping things secret? Yeah...that made me just want to smack some sense into ...more
LeeAnne
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just love these Black Knight boys! Built to Last might have been my favorite of the series so far just because it’s action packed from page one to the final page and I loved it!

Angel is a Black Knights operative gone undercover to capture Spider, a man who has been haunting his team for a long time. Angel was an operative in his “previous life” who had extensive facial reconstruction surgery to take on a new identity – as Angel. This mission is hitting especially close to home for him because
Mary Mooney
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
Since I had only found this series with the last book and love it, I knew I wanted to read this one too.
Sonya Butler is trapped with the world's worst criminal mastermind and she can't believe she is stuck there. But he has evidence against her that could ruin her for good. So she has to bite her tongue and wait until she gets free. When Spider, the criminal, has Jamin “Angel” Agassi sitting at his des
Cindy ~
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The final book in the Black Knight series finally gives us Jamin “Angel” Agassi's story - a man who has had to change his appearance multiple times along with his name all for his country. His background has always been shrouded in mystery and now we learn that he sacrificed true love for his country over ten years ago.

Through out the series the team has been trying to find a international terrorist who is part of a large crime syndicate known as Spider. After years of searching they have final
Jeanne
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva
In Built to Last, the 12th and final installment in Julie Anne Walker’s, Black Knights Inc. series we get not only Sonya and Angel’s story but a summation of where everyone else ends up as well. This book can be read by itself but the reader will get a lot more out of it if they’ve read the series. Having read only three or four of the series, I sometimes felt a little lost with the supporting characters.

Sonya has never gotten over her first and only great love, Mark. She’s spent 10 years mourn
Tonya Brooks
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow! Built To Last was an emotional roller coaster ride that had me in tears more than once. I freaking loved Angel. He's a hero to his core and he deserved for 'his time' to finally come. Sonya was perfect for him. Her quiet strength and sweet spirit are just what his troubled soul needed to find peace and I cried again when they found the happiness that they both deserve.

As much as I love the BKI series, I have to admit, I was not looking forward to it ending. The knowledge that thi
Navjyot
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I got the ARC of this from the author . Angel wasn’t somebody I had emotional connection as he only appeared in the last 2 books but I did like the book.
I did have trouble with the fact that Angel did tell the truth to Shonya even after she keeps talking about Mark. I also had trouble with the fact that they were both so stuck in the past when they were so young and had been together for only a few weeks.
I did like the secondary romance between Ace and Rusty . It was great to see Ozzie back in
Visionary
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-queue
Review courtesy of Romance Junkies

Jamin “Angel” Agassi is a man of many secrets. An operative for the Black Knights Inc., he infiltrates the crime lord Spider’s guarded lair. Angel encounters the one woman he could never forget. Sonya’s presence complicates his mission of bringing the crime syndicate to justice. On the run from the Spider’s hired thugs, Angel decides to act on his second chance with Sonya. Can Angel trust Sonya enough to reveal his true identity? Will he be able to protect her f
  • Heart Strike (Delta Force #2)
  • Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #4)
  • SEAL the Deal (SEAL, #2)
  • Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2)
  • Taking Fire (One-Eyed Jacks, #4)
  • To Catch A Thief (Draycott Abbey #8)
  • Bait (Duty & Honor, #2)
  • Close to the Edge (Unbroken Heroes, #5)
  • Cover of Night (Alpha Crew, #3)
  • Fast Vengeance (DEA FAST #7)
  • Grave Secrets (Manhunters #1)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Rider On Fire
  • Storm Force (Omega Force, #1)
  • Falling Hard (Bad Boys Undercover, #2)
  • Out for the Count (Worth the Fight, #3)
Julie Ann Walker is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of award-winning romantic suspense. She has won the Book Buyers Best Award, been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Australian Romance Reader Awards, and the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA award. Her latest release was named a Top Ten Romance of 2014 by Booklist. Her books have been described a ...more

Black Knights Inc. (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hell on Wheels (Black Knights Inc., #1)
  • In Rides Trouble (Black Knights Inc., #2)
  • Rev It Up (Black Knights Inc., #3)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Born Wild (Black Knights Inc., #5)
  • Hell for Leather (Black Knights Inc., #6)
  • Full Throttle (Black Knights Inc., #7)
  • Too Hard to Handle (Black Knights Inc., #8)
  • Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc., #9)
  • Fuel for Fire (Black Knights Inc., #10)
“The light only truly shines through people who have been broken.” 2 likes