Start by marking “Remember Everything You Read: The Evelyn Wood 7-Day Speed Reading & Learning Program” as Want to Read:

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  740 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Now you can join the millions of people of all ages who have reaped the rewards of the famous Evelyn Wood Speed Reading and Learning Program. All the secrets of this amazing system are now available to you in this book. Find out how you can:

Read 50% faster in only an hour
Double your reading speed in a week
Soar beyond -- to read an amazing 1,200 to 3,000 words per minute --
Published May 1st 1992 by Avon (first published 1990)

Grace
Jun 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always considered myself to be a slow reader and have always wanted to improve my speed. I once had a professor who had taken the Evelyn Wood program and could read through his students' research papers at an amazing speed. Because I did not want to spend a lot of money taking the actual class, I decided to give this book a try. Although I cannot read with the speed that others have attained by taking the class, I have to admit that this book has allowed me to increase my speed somewhat. ...more
Mark
Jan 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by a prof at McMaster University who has it as required reading for his first year INQUIRY students. The conversation started when I questioned why he added it as required rather than optional. After chatting with him for about 15 minutes, and learning more about the book, I was convinced to pick it up and read it, even if all I got from it was the ability to read at twice my current speed. (I consider myself a slow reader and have always wished I could read faste ...more
Kaycee Looney
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: others wanting to improve their reading speed
It took me some time to finish this book because the author has you practicing the new reading techniques as you go - and they aren't easy. :-o But, I am determined to get up to the 900 words per minute goal I set for myself at the outset. So, I'm practicing the new techniques I learned about on the current books I'm reading.

If you want to try and become a speed reader, don't think you're going to be Dr. Spencer Reid (from Criminal Minds) by the end of the book. There is a lot to learn and it D
Sharon
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book has two titles it's had over the years, "Remember Everything you Read" and also, "The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program." Ironically, this is a quick easy read... though I don't recommend it.

It's geared toward students with tips for note taking and test preparation, and what little information it has for improving reading speed I've already learned in other places via a 5 minute Youtube video from Tim Ferriss (great tips there by the way). So, interesting - yes.
Tracey
Jan 31, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am reading it now and cannot for the life of me figure out how these strategies help you read for understanding and meaning. I can do the strategies, but I have no idea what I "read" or "skimmed". In fact, I used five of the strategies on the same page, and I still didn't know what the page was about.

I guess this isn't for me.

I can't even rate the book.
......

Just finished the book.

Not impressed. Was hoping to find ways to read faster since I have a stack of books I would love to read.

I guess t
Karen
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I had to take this book back to the library before I could really practice the exercises in it. I read it through and had wanted to go back and do them to see what I could actually do with everything in there. I will have to check it out again to do that. I really believe if you apply the premise of this faithfully, you could read in a n amazing much quicker manner. I actually finished it quite awhile back, having pushed through it in a few days. doing the exercises in it is a need to really get ...more
Tim Andersen
Sep 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is a nice ice-breaker for speed reading. It won't help you get practice speed reading, but it helps explain how it could possible work. It's very encouraging to see that this valuable skill can be learned by almost anyone willing to practice.
Trevor
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
best insights: use your hands to pace yourself down the page and do not regress (ie. keep moving forward).
Erika
This is a book that helps you, most of all, with studying techniques.

I initially picked it up with the idea that it would contain some drills to help me increase my reading speed. It does have some explanations of techniques that help you to speed up your reading rate but it wasn't exactly what i had in mind. It didn't contain anything, about that matter, that i didn't know before.

What it did have, and thought was really interesting and helpful, were the studying techniques. It says how you are
Darus Trutna
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Excellent book detailing great techniques to improve reading speed, note taking for memorization, and test taking skills. It's directed mainly for students in school but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a wonderful experience when I was finally able to break through 900 words per minute and enjoy "Mental Soaring" as they call it. This is a reading speed where you are beyond sub-vocalization, regression, and reading word for word. You are scanning chunks of words in a more vertical fashion (zig-za ...more
Vivian
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this book but there was a lot about taking notes and tests. I just want to read fast. The problem is, when I do what they say, I have no comprehension. I guess I just have to practice just like with everything.

It teaches the two stop method of reading and different patterns for reading a page - underlining hand motion, S hand motion, the question mark, etc. This is taken from the Evelyn Wood speed reading program.

The problem is - it contradicts with the other speed reading book I got fr
Mike
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this book a number of years ago and put it down after one chapter. "Rubbish" was my only comment at the time. This time, as I looked at the pile of books I must read for various ventures I am a part, I figured reading faster would be of great aid. I am already a fast reader and I confirmed this through their initial reading test. The average score is 300 (approximately) words per minute. I scored at 500. Then I read that many people after taking the Evelyn Wood method regularly read accur ...more
Melody
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reads sort of like an infomercial. Also, it's somewhat dated. (Lots of time is devoted to the patterns in which you should trace your fingers over the page, none of which is useful for reading on a screen instead of a printed page.)

However, the information is extremely useful. After reading less than half of the book, I boosted my reading time significantly. For me, the usefulness of the material more than balanced out any deficiencies.

*Also, note that a large chunk of the book is spen
Ameena
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now i can read 600 words per minute!!! The book provides some useful techniques to raise up your reading speed and enhance your comprehension of the material in hand, I was introduced to some really new practices that were totally unfamiliar to me, the book objective to make you reach the rate of more than 1200 words per minute when you can actually start considering yourself a supersonic reader is somehow questionable. I think the techniques are more applicable when reading in your first langua ...more
Alhashemiah
Jul 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, nonfiction
learned a lot about speed reading and studying!
it was my first step towards faster, more effective reading .. and to be honest .. it was a huge step!

Craig Adamson
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It really is a quick read. I finished it in 4 sittings. Probably could have read it in two based on using the techniques they demonstrate in the book and how quickly that helped me read the first half of the book. But like they explain in the book, reading like that is more difficult if their are interruptions or background noise, etc. I found that my concentration level was not nearly as good trying to finish before bed at night.

If I was going to try and use the note-taking part of the program,
Lynda
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The information in this book concerning speed reading could be inserted into a brochure so what you also have, included here, are tips for note taking, test taking, scheduling and composing term papers. Clearly, it is directed to students of middle school through college age but I did find some helpful ideas I could use to hone my reading and grocery shopping list skills. Most beneficial to me are the five methods of speed reading. Now, I will never be able to read 1,200 words per minute but I i ...more
Nick
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple, yet insightful strategy to read at a quicker pace while retaining more information. In addition to subtle tips and tricks, the author offers a reading system highly different from what most people are used to. Whereas most readers sound out words in their heads as they read, Dr. Frank advocates a system of moving directly from words to thoughts. When humans think, they don't silently sound out every word - the idea is the same for reading.

The book is not an immediate solution though and
Justan Weaver
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book with a lot of useful information if only you will follow it. It's not just something you read once and put down it's a manual you need to study and practice, so I will probably be going through it again a few more times. It is 100% worth your money, or at least to pick up from the library a few times.
Denise Marquez
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great tips and techniques!

I am really excited to put these new tools into action in the upcoming semester! I am feeling hopeful that I can succeed in doing online course work while working full time and raising a toddler. With this type of study method, I may actually have time to spend relaxing and have a less stressful time at work. (Fingers crossed)
Muphtau
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Book

Wish I knew about it before now. It highlighted all the necessary techniques for studying particularly the formative periods of learning. Which are essential to stellar performance in future.
Derick Le
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a great overview of speed reading. You will have to continuous to use these techniques after reading the book. Otherwise, it won't become a second nature. I will apply these techniques on my next book and see how it goes.
Edwina
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me forever to read.

...j/k
I thought it was a worthwhile read - especially if you're in school. The true test of whether it works is yet to come.
Andrei Demit
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent knowledge to prepare for a journey of study and to make it pleasurable
Chad Miles
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really helped me get my reading speed up to around 500 to 600 wpm but I need to practice the techniques in this book more to get to my target of 1000wpm
Pichit Rintara
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed
I improve my reading speed 260 rpm to 614 rpm to apply some method on this book.
Shannon Main
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-ebook
Has some decent tips on increasing your reading speed, but is mostly geared towards students.
Xuezhen Chen
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent book

this book help me a lot!I love this book very much. I recommend this book for all the student. Amazing.
Haremare
contains good information and it's worth reading but it's not a necessity
Richard Bliss
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the mid-seventies, my school began teaching the Evelyn Wood speeding reading course in the 5th and 6th grades. That class, and the typing were the two courses that have had more impact on me than any other courses or subjects studied.

This book is a practical guide for those wanting to increase their reading speed AND increase their comprehension. For me, it has been a nice refresher course to give my reading speed a boost.

For students, the section on studying, writing, and test-taking would
  • Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business
  • Building Mental Muscle: Conditioning Exercises for the Six Intelligence Zones
  • The Time Trap
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
  • Calm and Compassionate Children: A Handbook
  • 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • Kevin Trudeau's Mega Memory: How to Release Your Superpower Memory in 30 Minutes Or Less a Day
  • Raising a Reader: A Mother's Tale of Desperation and Delight
  • Do It!: Let's Get Off Our Buts
  • Maximum Influence: The 12 Universal Laws of Power Persuasion
  • Read and Get Rich: How the Hidden Power of Reading Can Make You Richer in All Areas of Your Life
  • The Velveteen Principles: A Guide to Becoming Real; Hidden Wisdom from a Children's Classic
  • Managing Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide
  • Be All You Can Be
  • Seven Years to Seven Figures: The Fast-Track Plan to Becoming a Millionaire
  • The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
  • Strategies for Creative Problem Solving
  • Integrity Selling for the 21st Century: How to Sell the Way People Want to Buy

Nonfiction Deals

• Hope and Other Luxuries: A Mother's Life with a Daughter's Anorexia
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Manic: A Memoir
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Who Gets What — and Why: The New Economics of Matchmaking and Market Design
  • The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures
    $19.99 $1.99
  • The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Without a Doubt
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Trip to Echo Spring: On Writers and Drinking
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Paris Letters
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Secret History of the Mongol Queens: How the Daughters of Genghis Khan Rescued His Empire
  • Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation