Start by marking “A Brighter Palette (Colors, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Brighter Palette (Colors, #1)

A Brighter Palette (Colors #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Annie Slocum is a bisexual woman struggling to make a living as a freelance writer. Stuck in a rut, she feels bored with her career, her relationships—her life. A chance meeting with Siobhán at a gallery adds a bright spark to her dull life.

Siobhán Murray is a lesbian Irish painter living in Boston. She loves her career, loves her life, but she’s missing the one piece tha
Published June 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Brighter Palette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Brighter Palette

Sprinkles
How, how, HOW did this book miss my radar?! At completion, I realized A Brighter Palette came out in June of this year. JUNE. That's just wrong because I fell in love with it two pages in. It's like someone dumped my all-time-faves GR bookshelf into a magic story processor and out came this. A super sexy (to the point of erotic—YAY) girl-meets-girl romance starring gorgeous 30-something high femme lesbians in the city. It builds on their relationship beyond the bedroom and their personalities an ...more
Alexis
So book two will be out soon right? RIGHT?!

This book emotionally wrecked me, it was that good. It starts off with our two main characters, Siobhan and Annie, meeting at an art gallery and having an instant attraction towards each other signaling the beginning of a sizzling romance. Sizzling might be a bit of an understatement however because you might need to sit on a block of ice when reading the sex scenes.

It's seldom that I connect so well with a character that it feels like the author stole
Corrie
Oh my... two femmes, hot passion and a lot of drama. What’s not to like?!?!

And I did, like all of it. Even when the two love birds stumbled over that major hurdle called ‘trust’ and the tears where hot and the breaking of hearts was almost audible… I just heaved a heavy sigh and read on, knowing it would be alright in the end. Because that is how it works with a good romance, they work through it.

So yes, there is some drama in this book, along with a lot of sweet romance and sexy times. The them
Kathryn
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathryn by: It was a surprise discovery
4-description

I loved the femininity of this book. Both Siobhán Murray and Annie Slocum are described as fems in every way. And I love that. Siobhan is a successful painter and Annie is a struggling journalist. They meet at one of Siobhan's showings and they are hardly ever apart after that. Until something unexpected happens.

This title is going on my Listopia list.
Cristina
This is an interesting book because the starting point is different from most lesbian books that I have read. This starts when Siobhán approaches Annie at one of her art shows and they start a very passionate relationship. The difference from other books is that we can see two women falling madly in love in their daily lives and how this courtship develops. Through their daily lives we can see Siobhán's insecurities being with a bisexual woman, and Annie discovering what she wants in her life. B ...more
Ted
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I guess I kinda liked it. I mean there's a ton of crap to deal with. And for the most part the last quarter of the book was way bleh. But I did like the fact that she dealt with bisexual issues very well. That was definitely a good thing. I'll probably read book 2. By the sound of the title 'The Greenest Isle' it's going to take them over to Ireland. So that could be cool.
Arn
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid read

4 stars. I've no major problems with this book, maybe it's a tad bit too predictable. Both characters are likeable and well developed. I liked how both of them are feminine, a nice change from all the butchxfemme combos and androgynous women, not that there's anything wrong with those types, just different.

The Irish thing comes of a little bit fetishy but otherwise was a nice touch.

One thing you should probably know is that this book has a lot of sex and it can certainly be defined
Corporate Slave
Feb 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Oh god I was so excited about this one but unfortunately didn’t work for me in any way ! It was so predictable and I couldn’t relate to any of the characters .. I didn’t believe in their story even ! I’m so surprised that this is how I felt because I’ve read amazing reviews and expected so much..
The last quarter of the book was so annoying even!
K. Evan Coles
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who knows me even a little understands I have time management issues. I have a day job, a pre-teen child, and I write in my spare time (e.g., at night, in lieu of sleeping). Sadly, this leaves me with little time to read and that is a shame because so many people I know and love are creating wonderful works of words.

Such is the case with A Brighter Palette, an indie-published work by Brigham Vaughn. In this novel we meet Annie Slocum, a young woman living in Boston whose primary activity
Helena Stone
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bi-sexual, ff, romance
This is going to be a bit of a weird review. You know how it’s possible to have a love-hate relationship with someone? Well, while I wouldn’t go so far as to call it ‘hate,’ I did have a two-sided reaction to this book. To make what could well turn into a long story, short(ish) let me just say that Siobhán rubbed me up the wrong way. I found myself totally charmed by her in the early stages of the story. Her easy wit and the fact that she makes no secret of who and what she is totally drew me in ...more
Heather
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annie Slocum is a struggling writer who happens to be bisexual and is seriously lacking in inspiration, on all fronts. Siobhán Murray is an Irish lesbian painter who is happy on all fronts but one, love. When they meet, more than inspiration sparks, but will it be enough to fan the flames?

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Brigham Vaughn's work, so when she told me she was starting a F/F romance series, I knew I had to read it. Followers of my reviews have probably noticed that M/M is my fav
Joc
I hadn't realised bisexuality was such an issue until I started reading in this genre, and from both authors and reviewers. Annie meets Siobhan at a showing of Siobhan's artwork. Their connection is immediate and after a weekend in bed their relationship begins. There is a lot of dialogue as they negotiate their present relationship, delve into their pasts, their sexuality, their parents, and how they intend dealing with the future.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and loved the highs and lows I
Michele
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Same old lesbian angst you see in most books of this genre. Nothing new or exciting in my opinion.
BlackTea Funk
Adora
Jul 17, 2018
Silvia
Feb 14, 2018
Brigham Vaughn is starting the adventure of a lifetime as a full-time writer. She devours books at an alarming rate and hasn’t let her short arms and long torso stop her from doing yoga. She makes a killer key lime pie, hates green peppers, and loves wine tasting tours. A collector of vintage Nancy Drew books and green glassware, she enjoys poking around in antique shops and refinishing thrift sto ...more
More about Brigham Vaughn