Start by marking “The Long Way Home (The One, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Long Way Home (The One, #1)

The Long Way Home

(The One #1)

I need you, Ava.

Published June 30th 2017

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 9624e2d02fefc3bb322349bb96daf1_zpsestvxsss.gif

Since The Long Way Home is about a married couple who corresponds with each other through letters and emails while separated, I think it’s fitting that I write my thoughts in a letter format as well before I write a formal review. So here it goes.

Dear Jasinda,

Wow!!!! You took me by surprise with this book. I honestly was thinking this book would be your typical second chance romance but I was wrong. You made this book something else. Someth
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

"You’re where you belong. Just…without me.”

description

I haven’t read a Jasinda Wilder book in years and OMG what heck have I been missing? Her writing has greatly matured and I was immersed in the story, her word choices, and her ability to truly give me insight into the characters. I loved the way the story was revealed while Ava and Christian were so very real to me!

description

Ava and Christian a blogger and witty wife and a famous writer husband go through something so devastating to their marriage that
London
Jun 30, 2017 marked it as hell-fucking-no
Husband and wife lose their child and instead of sticking it out and fighting for his wife he leaves her to go on a fucking boat ride around the world or some garbage.

He cheats on her while on the boat while still married. Yes, even though he stops the actual sex he says he got really damn close so I count every other sexual act as CHEATING.

The heroine, having been left by her piece of garbage husband, goes through therapy and whatnot and does end up almost sleeping with someone else too. SO FU
A.L. Jackson
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you know those books that just suck you in, and you're in total turmoil with the characters, and you love and hate right along with them. This is one of those books. I finished it last night, and it was the first thing I thought of this morning. This is one that leaves a lasting impression.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars ❤

Honestly I didn't expect anything like that.The story was so different.The Long Way Home was an emotional and unique story.The writing was beautiful and flawless.

This story follows a married couple after a tragedy through emails,letters and journals.It is obvious that they both really love each other but just cannot be together at this time and they need time apart to see how things goes and what will happen.
I find the story original and I have many feelings while I was reading it.There
Paige
3.5 "I Need to Breathe" Stars

"I need to breathe" is fitting not just for me as I finished this book, but for the characters and their story. It was emotional, beautifully written, totally unique and most assuredly left an impression that I won't forget. The Long Way Home was a different kind of second chance romance and I'm not above begging for more.

Written in letters, emails and journal entries, this story follows a married couple reeling from tragedy.
Ava and Christian were the definition of
Aisha  ☠️☠️
Jun 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shayna
Jun 20, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc-review
Nishi Jindal
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book mesmerized me. I finished this book 3 days ago and still can't recollect my thoughts enough to write a review. Here's to trying!

Ava and Christian are a married couple who are suffering from the grief of losing their child. They are so in love but cannot recover from the tragedy. Unable to cope, Chris leaves Ava on a journey to re discover himself.

This book hooks you from page one. It has everything which you expect in a 'Jasinda book'- emotions, great plot, sexy times, amazing writing
Stacy Hahn
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am at a loss for words after finishing The Long Way Home. This book is raw and absolutely broke my heart. I can't put into words just what I'm feeling. It was brilliantly written and did just what it was supposed to do. I was completely absorbed in Ava and Christian and I felt every raw and emotional moment. I was gasping at the end of the book wanting more. Jasinda Wilder never fails to amaze me. 5 brilliant stars!
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Well this was a really different story for me. That in itself was really refreshing for someone who reads a lot of books. Most of the story is told in letter form, between the main characters and it does jump around a little bit but that only enhanced the reading experience for me.

Christian and Ava are grieving the death of their baby son. They have been together for a number of years and have one of those awesome marriages that people often admire with envy. However, nothing can prepare anyone
Liz
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am struggling with this review, not because I did not like the book, but because I loved it so much. I want to make sure I do it justice. The Long Way Home by Jasinda Wilder should come with a warning. It was a beautiful, heartfelt and heart-wrenching read. It had all the feels.

Christian and Ava have lost their son and in the process, lost themselves. Jasinda Wilder did an amazing job giving us their story. We meet them in the throes of their loss and devastation. Our heart breaks for them. T
Ginny Rose
A journey to the center of your heart

Loss is never easy. How do you grieve? How do you keep things together when you're lost yourself? How do you find your way back home?

Ava and Christian literally took me on an emotional ride. Like they feel about each other, I felt the same. Be ready to cry. Be ready to love and hate both characters. Brace yourself for a journey around the world and a journey to the center of your heart.

As stated in the synopsis, keep in mind this book is about grief. In a t
Tara
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Reading this book was like a breath of fresh air.
This story is so much more than your typical romance... it's exquisite, emotional, heartbreaking and raw.
It takes you into a journey of a life, opens your eyes to the real problems and feelings between a couple. It's refreshing and welcome!

The whole story hurts. Even after some days, it still hurts to remember everything that happened along those pages.

Also, this is one of those books that you will love or hate. Now the real question is: can you
Toni
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved and hated Chris and Ava.. I loved reading through there emails and letters.. I loved how they were reconnecting with each other but I so heartbroken how the story was left you hanging.. how long before the next book there are too many questions on how could you end it this way.
Donna
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tugs at the Heart!

Ava and Christian's story is full of such true raw emotion. The heartbreak and the honesty of how they feel for eachother is so real. I couldn't put this book down! An emotional, take my breath away, tears flowing story! Ive read it twice now and the 2nd time still a sobbing mess. Loved loved loved this book! 10 plus stars!!
Angela
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional. Heart wrenching. Achingly beautiful. It rips you apart and makes no promises to put you back together. An amazing book that will make you flip pages faster and faster to see what happens next.
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
2017sbjfav
6+star
Spoiler Free Review

This is a spoiler free review and I will not talk about anything that happens in this book.  I will say that it is a story about a marriage that fell apart after the couple faced the worst thing that could happen to anyone.  Rather than coming together to get through their trying times, they both withdrew within themselves.  Neither one of them was right or wrong, they were both severely damaged and surviving the only way they could.  Marriage is hard in any circumstance becau
Sandy S
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 30, 2017

I need you, Ava.

I am desperate. For you. For touch. For a kiss. For the scrape of your hand down my stomach. For the slide of your lips across my hipbone. The sweep of your thigh against mine in the dulcet, drowning darkness. For the warm huff of your breath on my skin and the wet suck of your mouth around me and the building pressure of need reaching release...I am mad with need.

Wild with it.

I cannot have you. I have lost you, as I have lost
Michelle Tikal
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so one look at the blurb and you know you are in for a painful story and a long and bumpy ride with The Long Way Home. What you may not know, is just how quickly and thoroughly you will be affected. Within mere pages I was totally and completely gutted by this story. But that's just the beginning, The Long Way Home is a story that makes you feel so deeply it will consume your every thought and every waking moment and leave you absolutely reeling.

A distinctive narrative consisting mainly of
Novel Grounds
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 /><br /><p style=Add To Goodreads

Buy it on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2rHA26Y

Oh my. This novel gutted me. I thought that I would just spend a nice afternoon reading and relaxing and I ended up all teary eyed and using that I would have to wait to get answers. No authors quite bring the feels like Jasinda and Jack do.

This novel follows a couples journey after their child dies. As a mother reading this, I broke. I cried far too much with this novel. I can't even imagine the pain, but this novel drops you right into
Kathy Rouchelle
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a powerful, heart-wrenching, anger inducing, heat inflicting, suspenseful read. This book is exquisitely well written and brings you through the character's lives in the form of being there, then in the form of emails to each other, then letters with in-between doses of what is going on with them in the moment. You think that you can't handle this read, but you can't turn away from it as the characters have captured you and you can't get away from them.

The characters are extremely well writ
BexLOVESBooks
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had no idea what to expect when I started this book. I knew one thing and one thing only about it, and that is that Jasinda Wilder never EVER disappoints. She writes with passion and elegance, heart and soul. And once again she exceeded all of my expectations.

The Long Way Home tells the story of love and loss, heartbreak and healing. This book is unrelenting in the way that it just grabs ahold of your heart and does not let go.

I don't want to say too much because I went into this book blind,
Konny
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Long Way Home by Jasinda Wilder is the first installment in The One Series.
This book gutted the hell out of me! I literally just finished the book and now Im sitting here with a major book hangover.I have no words to tell how much I love this book. It was nothing like I expected and everything I could have asked for at the same time. Let me tell you this is a book that stays with you.

Meet Christian and Ava. Both are writers and they have to cope with the loss of their infant son. Both grieve
Jennifer Sons
WOW! This book is different than anything I've ever read. It's like a personal glance into Ava & Christian's life. We are reading both of their personal emails, notes, letters & blog entries to or about their daily struggles of their shattered lives. It's an intense, real feeling book that will have you on the edge of a cliff, hanging with emotion, anger, saddness & love! I could not stop reading & didn't want it to end. I can't wait for book 2 to see what happens with Ava, Chris ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am at a complete loss for words as to what to write here, this book broke my heart and left me reeling and in tears. This is the type of book that sweeps you away with it and leaves you in heap of tissues at the end.

Ava and Christian took me on their heartbreaking journey after the tragic loss of the baby son and my god the emotions were just crazy, I loved and hated both of the characters as they tried to pick up the pieces of their lives after a loss that nobody ever wants to experience.

Ja
Hi'D's Book Hub
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Long Way Home is beautifully written and has surly left a lasting impression that will stay with me forever. Once I finished, I was seriously at a lost for words. Christian and Ava's story captured my heart within the first few pages of the book. I could feel every emotion they were feeling...their pain, their heartache. I think I cried the most I've ever cried while reading a book!

This is definitely a must read...and in my opinion Jasinda Wilder's best work to date.
Donna

Ja
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • ReWined: Volume 2 (Party Ever After, #2)
  • EXP1RE (EXPIRE Duet, #1)
  • Interrupted Vol. 1 (Interrupted, #1)
  • Salvage
  • The Dance
  • Totaled (Totaled, #1)
  • Raven (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Playing with Fire (Guarded Hearts, #1)
  • The Club
  • Second Chance (Running Into Love, #3)
  • Wanted: Found (Kindle Worlds Novella)
  • The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)
  • If We Fly (What If Duet, #2)
  • All the Right Things (Love in LA, #2)
  • Taste (Sovereign, #2)
NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY, WALL STREET JOURNAL and international bestselling author Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. Her bestselling titles include ALPHA, STRIPPED, WOUNDED, and the #1 Amazon and international bestseller FALLING INTO YOU. You can find her on her farm in Northern Michigan with her husband, author Jack Wilder, ...more

The One (3 books)
  • Where the Heart Is (The One, #2)
  • There’s No Place Like Home (The One, #3)
“events are cowards, not occurring singly, but instead running in packs and leaping out all at once; I have found this to be utterly and bitingly true in my own life.” 0 likes