Start by marking “Hero Undercover: 25 Undercover Romances” as Want to Read:
Hero Undercover: 25 Undercover Romances

Hero Undercover: 25 Undercover Romances

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  267 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
This book is out of print and no longer available as ebook on retailers.
Published June 27th 2017 by Blushing Books Publications

To ask other readers questions about Hero Undercover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hero Undercover

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

Reviewing The Honey Trap By Lucy Wild

description

I enjoyed this one but it wasn't this author's best work. It was really just too short to have any plot or character development which made it pretty hard to connect with anything or anyone in the story. That said I think the storyline would have made for a really excellent longer book.

ReadMeAStory
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am still in the process of reading this book but since there are so many authors and so many stories, I'm going to put my reviews down while they are fresh in my mind:

First up: Addison Cain's A Night by my Fire
Blurb: Woman drags stranger from water.
Right off, she shocked me with her unique approach to saving someone from drowning. I laughed out loud.

I loved the couple already right here:
She met a wide-eyed death glare with a squinted warning of her own.

This got an "Awww!" out of me:

“No,” the
Shatia
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review is for Honey Trap by Lucy Wild only. I recieved this story as a ARC for an honest opinion. This was a short steamy read about a young woman named Kathryn. Kathryn's father is a politician and has always been extremely concerned about his image. When Kathryn gets a job at a bar her father asks his advisor Nathan to go undercover to get something incriminating against the sinful place.
As Kathryn and Nate get acquainted in this world things will never be the same.
I enjoyed this short r
Bre Hood
This review is for A Night by My Fire by Addison Cain, which is contained in the book Hero Undercover.

I'm not a huge short story buff, but Addison really made this one work. This story is about a "Stranger" that is found dying by a mountain woman. She brings him back to her cabin in the mountains and nurses him back to health. Due to a storm and the Strangers injuries, they have to spend several days together in her cabin.... days in which they learn more about each other than they bargained fo
Rhonda
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review of "Slave for a Day" by Jane Henry

I loved Idan and Svali's short story. Svali is a sassy women who is a brat. Idan may be dominant but he loves his wife being a brat I think! When Svali's sister, Cambri, is kidnapped, Idan, Svali and Shaan go after her. Shaan is Cambri's intended. Oh the trouble that will abound because of Svali but it's all so much fun to read. Jane Henry has become one of my "go to" authors. Can't wait for more from her.

Review for "Monster" by Jennifer Bene

This was a sh
Saskia
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The review features stories by Katherine Deane, Renee Rose, Alyssa Bailey, Sophie Kisker, Addison Cain, Jennifer Bene, Jane Henry, Maisy Archer, Megan Michaels, Maddie Taylor and BJ Wane. I am very lucky to have so many amazing author friends.

Cherry on Top – Katherine Dean
Cherry own her own bakery. She has been getting some strange messages so her brother sent his army friend over to take charge of the situation. What follows are a lot of funny, sweet and sexy moments. A novella that you have to
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Oct 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-not-read
description

25 New York Times, USA Today, and Award-winning best-selling romance authors have created a smoking-hot collection of torrid tales starring hunky bad-boy heroes and feisty strong-willed heroines. Heat up your nights with dark fantasies, seductive sci-fi and breathtaking passion. Our alpha males range from swoon-worthy cowboys and take-charge military men, and each page turning story ends with the happily ever after you crave.

Hundreds of pages for one unbeatable price. Turn up the AC, lie back,
Leslie OBrien
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HERO UNDER COVER boxed set gives us a range of Alpha Hero stories from some of the best in the business. There’s a bit of something for everyone from westerns to sci fi to (ex)military to undercover agents to…you get the idea. It’s filled with scintillating stories ranging from the naughty to the swoon-worthy. Okay, to be frank, most are both. While I don’t have the time or space to go into detail on every one, here is a sampling.

“Monster” is Jennifer Bene’s story and it’s exactly that. Nicole H
Susan Foulkes
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review of "The Honey Trap" by Lucy Wild.

Fingers crossed the rest of the stories in this anthology are as well written, and as entertaining as this one!

It is fast paced, has likeable characters, and is steamy in parts.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this story.
Aly is so frigging bored
The rating is only for Ms Annabel Joseph's story
Anna
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Usually short stories aren't for me but after reading a little bit of Hero Undercover I can't wait for it to go Live... I read The Honey Trap by Lucy Wild and if the rest of the book is anything like her short story then it is going to be awesome.

I voluntarily read a review copy of the Honey Trap by Lucy Wild
Niki Roge
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a HUGE compilation of stories! Here are reviews for a few:

Monster by Jennifer Bene-
For a short story, this is jam packed with character development and just wow. Nichole tries to save her brother and finds herself in very hot water. Ms Bene has you begging for more of this story as you get to the end, because you can't believe it is over already. 5 huge big and bold stars!

A Night By My Fire by Addison Cain-
This is a really well written piece by Addison Cain. River saves a drowning man w
LaShanta Charles
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC and am voluntarily reviewing A Night By My Fire by Addison Cain.

I really enjoyed reading this book. it starts off with you not knowing what's happened to this strong and humongous man, how he came to need rescuing from a frozen lake or why River went through with the rescue feeling as apprehensive as she did.

And then they begin to speak to each other...geez the dialogue between these two absolutely MADE this book. To say they were stubborn and pigheaded would be an understatem
Karin
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 ✨✨✨✨

My review is for The Honey Trap by Lucy Wild. I'm a fan of Lucy's work but though this was a bit quick to feel a pull to the characters but, that's just how anthologies tend to be for me.

Kathryn's politician dad hires Nate to work undercover at the bar Kathryns been hired at the help him shut it down. Kathryn's dad refuses to have his daughter tied up in a scandal so close to re election and thinks he has a win win in Nate until he doesn't.

I really enjoyed this but, would have loved thi
E.M. Summers

Author: Addison Cain
Genre: contemporary
Heat: 3/5
Rating: 4/5

Short but intriguing, Cain's contribution to this anthology was enough to boot me out of a three month book funk. With strong characterisation (something I tend to find a rarity in short stories), and sex scenes which are proof of Cain's erotic writing ability, an aspect which sometimes falls short in her sci-fi novels, this was a wonderfully original 'opposites attract' tale, which refuses
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a collection of good bad boy books, you must get this! Hero Undercover has 25 relatively short reads by a variety of talented authors! Some of them I was familiar with, others I learned of from this anthology. This is a set well worth your time! Here area couple of samples of books that stood out:

Monster, by Jennifer Bene. Monster is an apt word for the hellishly dark, seedy characters in this story. It packs a punch that will have you reeling and will keep you on the edge
Cara (Eli)
Review – Monster

There are no good guys in Monster. We all know monsters are bad. These monsters, however, are hot, good-looking and oh so sexy. But the world is not as black and white as we might think and sometimes the monsters aren’t all bad. Sometimes they do good.
Jennifer Bene writes as good as ever. Her characters are strikingly real and believable. I can’t wait for the full novel of Monster. I want to know Andre’s story. I want to know what happens to Nicky. Will they get Paulo. Will they
KnottyGirl Reviews
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about anthologies? I have a lot of them, probably in the triple digits. (I read a lot!) Now, there are probably a few, an amount that can be counted on two hands, that I have actually read from cover-to-cover and totally enjoyed. The amount I have loved? One hand, and Hero Undercover is most definitely on that list. I’d have to say, this is probably my favorite! So much so, that it would take me hours to review all of the stories that I loved in this anthology, so I’m going to do ...more
Wendy Douglas
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read Lucy Wild's contribution, and I loved it! I've come to expect a certain quality in her books, her dark heroes and strong heroines with their submissive side, and The Honey Trap didn't disappoint. One thing I liked was the fact that Nate didn't realize his darker, Dom side until he was faced with a situation that demanded it. He then stepped right into the role and it felt RIGHT! Really love that.

I liked Kathryn's rebellious side, as well. I remember those feelings, and doing something tha
Patricia Kieffer
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
The Honey Trap by Lucy Wild
Kathryn applied for her first job at a bar knowing her father Ernest Waterman would not be happy with her choice. Behind the bar is a place called The Honey Pot that is for BDSM Doms and Subs. Ernest wants to shut it down so he has Nate go undercover to find illegal activities. I enjoyed reading this book and the way Lucy Wild weaved this story together. It is a shorter story but that doesn't take away from the story or the plot. I have pre-ordered this book, Hero Unde
Katy Beth Mckee
So far I've only read The Honey Trap by Lucy Wild which I received as an ARC although I have pre-ordered the book. This story is short and dirty. But it also fun and still gives you that HEA that Lucy Wild is famous for. Kathryn is out of control in some reason and things could have been destructive for herself. Nate has been focused on the career path and let his personal desires go to the side. But as they are thrust together they have the chance to bring something new into their lives.
Cindy Fong
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This a review for the Honey Trap by Lucy Wild only. I received an advance copy of her story only for my opinions.

This was a really fast read novella. It had all of the right elements, a strong heorine and sexy hero, some hot steamy sex and a HEA. Nate works for Kathryn's father. Kathryn wants to be independent and gets a gob at the local bar but the owner thinks she will be a better fit in the back room a BDSM den of sorts. When Kahtryn's father sneds Nate to get evidence to shut the club down,
Katie
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is for A Night by my Fire, by Addison Cain!

This story is enticing from start to finish! Stephen was such a mystery and makes you want to be devoured by his strength. Not knowing where he came from made me want to continue reading hoping I would find out about his dark past.
River is the definition of a strong woman and watching her attitude towards a cold and mysterious man was both funny and addictive!
This story makes hungry for more!!
M.K.
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the Honey Trap by Lucy Wilder...
Nate works for Kathryn's politician father and he has wanted her he uses her working a shady bar to get her. Turns out the bar has a BDSM back room where they each find themselves and each other. A must read. Looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this anthology!
Debi
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read Lucy Wild's ARC in the collection of HERO UNDERCOVER for an honest review. This was a fun quick read with some sexy insta-love between Nate & Kathryn. She wants to make it on her own & Nate is working for her politician father. They meet in a very unique way. The story keeps you guess until the end. I think this set of stories are gonna be great...just look at the author list!
Melanie A.
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Spanking fetish, anyone? If so, you'll want to get your greedy little palms on this series of short smutty stories. But be warned, a lot of them are not for the faint of heart.

For me, the majority of the stories were DNF's to 3 stars - some were good, some were just silly, some bordered on depicting assault, and a few were WTF am I reading's? Four of the stories stood out though:
-5 stars for Monster by Jennifer Bene. This one was well-written and dark, one of my favorite combinations. Supposed
Anna
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read three of the 25 novellas and any one of them is well worth the price of admission.

THE RUSSIAN by Renee Rose: Please, please, can I have a Yuri the Furi too?!? O.M.G. Can you say hot? This story is different from other stories Ms. Rose writes, but just as sizzling and intense. My only complaint? Too sort. But it is a complete story and oh so good. 5 Russianly-delicious stars! 😋

JUSTICE, ROUGHLY by Amelia Smarts: Ms. Smarts knows how to write a western. This novella had plenty of story
Gab
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Monster by Jennifer Bene.
With seductive language you are sucked into the story right from the beginning. A cast of characters that give you the chills in their believability. Hopelessly caught among them a girl on a quest to save her brother. Now she needs saving and there's no help in sight. Or is there? I can't wait for the continuation of this story in 2018 !!

A Night by my Fire by Addison Caine.
What a pair ! A very talented dominant virgin and a foul mouthed recluse in the snowy wilderness. A
Jean
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annabel Joseph does it again
This is an anthology of bodyguards and protectors. I had to pick it up because one of my favorites, Annabel Joseph, contributed. Her contribution "The Protector" was a great little glimpse of what she does best, hot, dominant bodyguards with a stern hand. It was perfect. A short story, it packed in an engaging plot, emotional tension, and just the right amount of sexy times and spanking to make me yearn for her next release. She avoids all the pitfalls you generally s
Lisa Roberts
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for Renee Rose The Russian
I loved it the story the characters the plot it has everything.Yuri the Fury working for the Mafia was hot as sin and when he sets his eyes on Lucy who is everything to him he will protect her at no cost.Lucy is a strong willed woman and speaks her mind and Yuri is her crazy Russian and when these two get together its explosive.Even though this is a short story you will not be disappointed it has all the feels.I voluntarily read a readers copy of this b
Annabel Joseph is a NYT and USA Today bestselling BDSM erotic romance author. She writes mainly contemporary romance, although she has been known to dabble in the medieval and Regency eras. She is recognized for writing emotionally intense BDSM storylines, and strives to create characters that seem real--even flawed--so readers are better able to relate to them.

Annabel also writes non-BDSM erotic
More about Annabel Joseph

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be