Start by marking “Heart Seeker (The Fire Heart Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heart Seeker (The Fire Heart Chronicles, #1)

Heart Seeker

(The Fire Heart Chronicles #1)

“For over twenty years, I’ve been lied to—magic burns within my veins, and I’m unable to resist its call.”

Mirella wants to be a normal college student… but she’s far from normal. Since she was born, her mother has been hiding the truth. Mirella is a descendent of a powerful bloodline that spans centuries, a bloodline that gives her an uncontrollable sixth sense.

Masked me
ebook
Published June 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Heart Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Seeker

Beth
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a 3.5 read for me. I liked it, I found it interesting and at the end I was intrigued to know more.

The story was slow building and I found both the lead character and her mother aggregating and poor at making good decisions causing vacillating internal turmoil within the characters (if you know me, that is one of my pet peeves).

For originality, the concept was new and delightfully fresh, containing a unique twist to a human powers that I’ve never seen before in my reading material,

I rece
*Thea 'Wookiee'sMama' Wilson*
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heart Seeker was my first read by Juliana Haygert and it won't be my last as I found this book to actually be surprisingly enjoyable!

The characters were fun and the world building was good, the potential for this series is fantastic if it carries on in this vein with the myths and legends behind these mysterious and magical 'tzigane' and their Romani roots.

A lot of fun and well worth the read for some light and simple enjoyment that doesn't tax your brain but still get you excited to read more!
Monica
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-just-no
I slept on it before doing this review. I didnt hate it so there's that. I didnt necessarily like it either. It really had good potential and good world building. Thats about it though. I didnt care for Mirella. She's 20 years old and has been living on her own for over a year. She keeps to herself trusts nobody and let's nobody in. Some of that is for good reason. She's a mature 20 year old and taking care of herself but seems bratty a lot of the time I read about her. She takes nothing anyone ...more
Nicole
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I received a free copy of this book directly from the author Ms. Juliana Haygert. Thank you Juliana, this is my review.

Such an easy 5 out of 5 star rating for this incredible novel! I absolutely loved this novel. This magical world that was created just pulls you in. I love Mirella, I think she is definitely a stubborn and strong-willed character.

I think I know the mystery of her father, but I will keep that under wraps for now. I really enjoyed the full on betrayal throughout this entire novel.
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

I read ARCs of this author's Rite of the Vampire Saga and really enjoyed that series, so I couldn't wait to read more from her! She then contacted me about reading an ARC of this series and I of course said yes! I love the cover a lot and the synopsis is very intriguing! I started reading my ARC as soon as I received it, and after reading, I can say that I really enjoyed this book! The plot was also different and a very unique concept! This made me love it even more because I haven't r
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
overall I liked and enjoyed this book. I think the magic, the culture and the newness of the story felt really great and it kept me interested and reading and wanting to find out more.

Characters:

I think the characters were pretty well done, I felt their uniqueness, and was interested in finding out more about them specially Theron and Artan I liked them both and want more details on them. At the same time the lying was driving me batshit cray. Anytime information is withheld from me or a charac
Seraphia
Mirella, a young woman descended from magic, has lived her life always moving from one place to another. Her mother has never told her the truth about her past, why they are always moving, or why she plants the strange golden plants wherever they live. Her mother has secrets, and soon they are going to catch up to them both.
Heart Seeker by Juliana Haygert is book one in her The Fire Heart Chronicles. This book begins a series that follows a young woman as she learns the secrets of her past and
Kimi
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of this series. And honestly I enjoyed reading it! I found the main character Mirella to be very strong despite everything that she has been through. There is definitely a lot of action and shocking surprises and romance! I loved every moment of it. The rest of the characters are very interesting especially the main guys such as Artan & Theron... *swoon* I don’t know who is better haha. But let me just say I was super shocked at how her love interest turned out to be.. ...more
Sara Oxton
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart Seeker by Juliana Haygert a five-star read that will find you and take you on a wild ride. This is the first book in the Fire Heart Chronicles and what a start, you will feel for Mirella more than you will think possible, this story is just wow, the twists and turns are amazing. Strange things have always happened to Mirella but now she is standing on her own two feet will she find out what is truly happening? Would you be able to stan up for what you believe against people who think they ...more
Amy Hannagan
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is a fantastic start to a series and probably my favorite by this author so far. While I usually enjoy her characters and stories this one just took the experience to another level. Mirella is an average girl with a mother she thinks is nuts, or is she? When strange things start happening around her and more and more new people pop into her orbit we begin to see a massive picture come into view. With this being only book 1 in the series, I can only imagine where the rest will take me. ...more
Katrina Berry
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New-to-me author and oh my dayummm, but where, oh where have you been hiding Ms. Haygert? :p

In all seriousness, Ms. Haygert is a talented writer who works her magic with this exceptionally delightful read. With an interesting and unique storyline, well-defined world and engaging characters you can't go wrong. A highly recommended read.

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.

Jennifer Dunski
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am breathless, overwhelmed and intrigued by this new series by Juliana!
It's powerful, creative & mind bending and definitely something different and magically fun!
Mirella has spent the first 20 year's of her life thinking she's a normal person with a seriously crazy mother. But things aren't so black and white as they appear. And the more Mirella tries to find out from from Mom, the less she learns from her and finds more truths in stranger's
Holly Parker Fletcher
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grabs you right from the start! Juliana (author) has a way of giving you history of the characters without making it boring/long winded.

Mirella was lied to all of her life about her ancestors. She slowly is learning in a heart breaking turn of events. There are so many amazing characters in the book. From the sweet Annie, entertaining Ellie, eye catching Theron, and the mysterious Artan. Which I am hoping book 2 really pulls Artan to the fore front!!!

I cannot wait to read book 2!!!
LooseBoots
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book. I so enjoyed reading this and so sad when I got to the end .
It was such a magical journey of discovery with such solid characters that you couldn’t fail to fall in love with the story.
Lost of twists and turns to keep the reader hooked. I was most definitely hooked.
I thoroughly recommend this book to one and all.
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my honest and unbias opinion of the story.I loved reading this story, it has strong characters and great story line you fall in love with as it all unfolds. I am so looking forward to book 2 in this series. I am so excited to read this series loved it.
Kim F
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story. Extremely entertaining, captivating, and interesting read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Stephanie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a page turner. Right from the beginning it sucks you in and it is so hard to put down. Mirella is an awesome main character and I can not wait to read more about her story!
Caroline Williams
Amazing

This is a great job of showing a different life style and powers of the mysterious gypsy. I love the way it is telling a story in modern day with ancient beliefs. .
Stacy A
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

This is my first book by this author. The story was fast paced, the characters were intriguing and easy to relate to. I will definitely read the next one.
Tara Kisner
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been very smooth and it's definitely working up to something so I'm anxious to get through the series. I'm really starting to like the characters, glad it's just the beginning!
Jackie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story. Mirella just wants to be normal, but her mother lied to her. She has magic. Loved this fantasy story.
Bobbi
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book brings you twists and turns and edge of your seat action. I seriously can't wait for more.
Laurie Hayes
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshingly Great

Loved this book. Written with a good sense of what it is like to be as a young girl rapidly approaching adulthood and trials and tribulations
Leslie
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I throughly enjoyed this book. It took so many turns, some expected and some not, that it kept me up late at night reading it until I finished it. If you enjoy fantasy, I think you'll enjoy this. I can't wait for the next!
Mandy Stump
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
 "I received an ARC copy of this book via Instafreebie." This book was exciting. A young college student was lied to all her life. She is confused about herself and her life. At every turn people are being attached because her. She has some hot guys looking out for her. Turns out she is way my important then she wants to be. Hope there is more to come in the next book.
The Mysterious Reader
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Juliana Haygert is still a relatively new author for me. I first came across her work in a few anthologies, Secrets & Sorcery and Midnight Kiss and really enjoyed them, then got a freebie (I think it was one of those random Instafreebie offers) of her Secret Santa book which was tons of fun. They were good enough that I decided this really was an author I needed to read more of, so I’ve started books in two of her series. The first is this one Heart Seeker, book 1 of her The Fire Heart Chron ...more
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Gypsy Heart is the first book in the Gypsy Heart series by Juliana Haygert. It was first published with the Creatures Boxed Set.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, because aside from the stereotypes of fortune telling and thievery, I know very little about Gypsies. So, the premise intrigued me from the start. I'm not sure if the Tzigane and all the abilities and magic surrounding them in this story come from actual Gypsy lore, but it sure was interes
Bec
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with these characters immediately. So well written. Mirella is such an amazingly strong female character. Can’t wait to read more by this amazing author. Recommend to all.
monica jacob
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I love this book so much. I read it seriously straight through. It started out a bit slow but definitely kept me hooked especially after thr first chapter
Jessica Wilhelmsson
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book! Exciting and with a lot of unexpected turns . I like that is happening in the real world of today. I can highly recommend this book. Now I have to start with number two😊

• Spectra
  • Blood Tree: Part One
  • Deviate (The Light Key Trilogy, #2)
  • Master of Magic
  • Throne of Secrets (Wicked Kingdoms, #3)
  • Veiled Enchantments (Veiled Magic, #3)
  • Revelations (The Lalassu, #1)
  • Crossroads of Bones (Katie Bishop Series, #1)
  • The City Beneath (Night Blood, #1)
  • Weaver's Folly (The Shadowspinner Chronicles, #1)
  • Kick Assitude
  • Prisoner (Werewolf Marines, #2) (Echo's Wolf, # 1)
  • Blood Reign (Blood, #4)
  • Death Knell (Foundling, #3)
  • Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)
  • The Book of Secrets (The Last Oracle #1)
  • Fifteen (The Dreamwalker Diaries #1)
  • Stray Magic (Strays, #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author.

While Juliana Haygert dreams of being Wonder Woman, Buffy, or a blood elf shadow priest, she settles for the less exciting—but equally gratifying—life of a wife, mother, and author. Thousands of miles away from her former home in Brazil, she now resides in North Carolina and spends her days writing about kick-ass heroines and the heroes who drive them crazy.

Want to kno

The Fire Heart Chronicles (7 books)
  • Flame Caster (The Fire Heart Chronicles, #2)
  • Earth Shaker (A Fire Heart Novella)
  • Sorrow Bringer (The Fire Heart Chronicles, #3)
  • Soul Wanderer (The Fire Heart Chronicles, #4)
  • Fate Summoner (The Fire Heart Chronicles, #5)
  • War Maiden (The Fire Heart Chronicles, #6)