Start by marking “Animal Graph (Graph World #1)” as Want to Read:
Animal Graph (Graph World #1)

Animal Graph

(Graph World #1)

Set in the Amazonian jungles of South America, M.Black weaves an action-packed tale in this original YA Amazonian Eco-Fic Dystopia set forty-two years after a nuclear war. Jin—a prisoner of King Borran—and Adan—another Graphed—have to fight for their survival in a utopia gone wrong. In a world where animal cells and neural tissue have been grafted into humans, and humans a ...more
Published June 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Animal Graph, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Graph

Dianne
It isn’t enough that the world as we know it has ended after a nuclear war. Now the beauty of the Amazon Jungle has become part of a heinous nightmare where prisoners, incarcerated for simply trying to survive in a world where the masses are yoked to their leaders become lab rats for horrendous experiments.

Human prisoners have become the hosts for animal cell and neural tissue grafting. These humans have also been connected by brain waves to chosen animals. When two prisoners escape into the ju
Clair
Jin escapes from a prison where she was experimented on to have animal cells and neural tissue grafted into her.  This gives her a range of   unique abilities including a connection by brain waves to a chosen animal.  She has to try and survive out in the Amazonian jungle of an eradicated world whilst being tracked by Graft Soldiers.  The book follows her escape as she learns more about the world and herself.

I don't read many YA books as I find the style a bit too simplistic for my normal tastes
Nazarene Static
I want to first say that this is the firs time in a while that I have read a book that contained onomatopoeia.Please don’t roll your eyes at me. I know I am an odd little duck, what with my interest in AP class hierarchy and what not, but I was just really excited about reading all the noises!

I was nervous about reading this book. I have not read an arc since New Moon (Shut up! You’re old too.) so I was worried about how this was going to go for me. Thankfully, this book had me hooked from the b
Bobbi
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who do you trust and who do you run from? That is really the question here. Jin finds herself in just this exact situation with Adan and his friends. Life isn't easy for any of them and to have to run for their lives doesn't make it any easier. I really like how this story brings to light what our environment could possibly become in the future. Then the graphing of human and animal is a very interesting combination.
Gigi Sedlmayer
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a read.
Animal Graph takes a new look of humans and animals.
Pairing them. What a great concept
That certainly makes a great story.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
King Borran wants a bigger army so he has taken to experimenting on humans by mixing human and animal DNA to give humans abilities of animals called animal graphs.

A young girl Jin is imprisoned for stealing bread for her family. In prison she is experimented on and becomes an animal graph. After spending a year in prison Jin escapes to find herself in the Amazon jungle hoping to make it home to her mother and brother.

In the jungle Jin meets a young man Adan another animal graph. Adan helps Jin
Heidi
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Off the charts concept. This is such a creative story, how do you come up with it all. So interesting, does not disappoint. I do love a good futuristic sci-fi story, this one does not have aliens, but humans. This takes place after a nuclear war and the king is performing scientific experiments on the prisoners. This all takes place in South America, I love the mention of all the different animals and plants, some I have never heard of, interesting enough I want to look into them to see if they ...more
Stephanie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
In the recent future, a nuclear war has changed the face of the world. The Americas are ruled by a dictator, King Borran, who enforces a rigid class system. The Prestige receive access to health care, food and safe living conditions, while everyone else must fend for themselves. Anyone who has been burned by the radiation is now an outcast. Beyond this, Borran wants control and has implemented a system to create a stronger army by combining animal and human DNA in order to give humans animal tra ...more
maria arcara
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I would have reviewed each book in the series as I read it; instead, I kept reading right on through & now I don't remember exactly where each book ended. Regardless, I loved the whole series! Jin is an awesome character, as is Adan. Their strength, resilience, morality, loyalty, abilities and skills all make them wonderful to read about & root for. I found the premise totally intriguing & the plots utterly engaging. This series, I believe, is slated to be made into a movie &a ...more
maria arcara
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michelle
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enter a dystopian, post-nuclear war world in which the poor are being enslaved and experimented on under the rule of King Borran, "graphed" upon. Animal Graph follows two escaped prisoners, Jin and Adan, post-experiment as they are tracked by Graph Soldiers set in the Amazon jungles in South America. The story line is well-written as it intertwines our two heroins' friendship and survival.

The twists and turns makes one feel that this could truly happen, I have faith in humanity getting twisted u
Christinaraven
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. I really liked the concept and the story itself. Quite a few scenes made me laugh and others I could totally see happening in the future. I really liked how the story opened with Jin being hunted and Adan helping her escape and just got better as I read more of the story. I liked the twists and turns. I loved the concept of the connection/reading of their grafted animals and can't wait to see what what happens next, but I am looking forward to Jin's revenge for Jade's death. My ...more
Anie
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
Received from Bewitching Book Tour is exchange for honest review

The story is set in future, where after horrible war and several nuclear bombs the worlds is a lot different than today. With most of the people and animal dead and some survivors affected by the radiation. Son of former dictator is determined to concur the world. He is developing new soldiers, putting animal DNA, cells into prisoners, making the hybrids with incredible powers.

Jin was one of those prisoners. She was caught stealing
Carol Flythe
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was an amazing book! The fact they took humans and graphed their DNA with animals to give them superhuman abilities was a new concept for me. Of course, this takes place in a dystopian world where the poor are being experimented on and made into slavery and just trying to survive. It takes place in the Amazon and there are even hybrid animals. I saw from the author notes that they were in talks to turn this book into a movie which I would absolutely go see!

I’m looking forward to the nex
Helen
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
M. Black let's you see into the mind of a young woman, torn from her family for medical experimentation. It is a scary glimpse of a possible future, of living in the aftermath of nuclear war and totalitarianism. But it is also a vividly portrayed new world with strange animals and terrifying dangers, as she is forced to flee for her life. The pace is breathless, the graphs such unusual combinations that each day brings the unique and unexpected.
Molly
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy, sci fi fans, action adventure fans
Exciting action adventure story, with twisted plot lines.

What happens when we mess with Mothe Nature. Lest we forget, she's a brutal mother bent on survival.

Alliances and action movingly detailed.

I got an arc copy of book 4. Struggled a bit with keeping some of the characters apart, joining the series already in progress.

If you fantasy, or action adventure, a good series to check out.
Missi Mullins
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading the first part of this book in Kindle Scout.....I was intrigued and couldn't wait to read the book. It is a surprisingly good story. To think that this could actually happen at some point in the world makes you open your mind to the things that people or government might actually consider. An all around good read.
Lisacldmom2ksd
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this story. I did find this to be mix of fantasy/dystopian and post apocalyptic. Well maybe it should have a category of its own. I never gives spoilers. But if you want to read something different this story is it. good job😘 M. Black👍👍 P.S. I hope I get to read more from this author and about this world😍
Patricia Burleson
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

This is an interesting book. Full of action, New friendships ,strange animals and people who part animal sometimes more then one. Strong characters and a good story line. So grab your copy and enjoy reading.
Carol Brandon
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this fast-paced book. Interesting premise. Lots was happening and it ended on a cliff hanger! I didn’t see the major plot development coming! Looking forward to Book 2.
I was given an ARC copy of this book. This is my honest review.
J.D. DeHart
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An active and exciting story that would be enjoyed by young adults and mature readers. M. Black packs in a lot of interesting concepts. Fans of dystopian fiction like The Hunger Games will enjoy this very creative story.
Katie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
received this book free/ARC
really enjoying story so far , brilliant characters,
interesting concepts highly
recommend reading
Barbara
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! How does one define family? Set in a future about a half-century after a nuclear event, this compelling story is well worth skipping sleep.
Sarah Fox
A world where to enhance human abilities animal cells, synapses, and brain waves are graphed together, adventure is found. I enjoyed this book.
Kelly
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awsome

Great story teller! You are a part of the action, fully vested into the story. I can't wait to start on the next book. Recommended read for all.
Jackie
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a story. Exotic animals, landscapes, rivers and more to make an intriguing read that will be impossible to put down.
Raven
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Animal graph was an entertaining, quick easy read that also helped excite the reader. There was so much going on, if it had been a movie you would have been on the edge of your seat. The themes and general plot explored something I've never read about before; Animal graphing. I can honestly say this book (and the series) are unique and refreshing.

Some of the plot twists could be predicted from early on, however the biggest plot twist of all was a shock. I didn't see it coming.

I loved the fact
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
This futuristic story is about people having animals graphed to them. An intriguing concept that delivers from first to the last page. Writing a review of my traditional style would spoil too much of the story. I hate when people do that to me whether it's in books or movies. My recommendation is to take a chance on this enlightening concept.
Katie
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
received this book free/ARC
really enjoying story so far , brilliant characters,
interesting concepts highly
recommend reading

Merged review:

received this book for free/ARC read
Stunning Beginning, intriguingly unique,
fascinating characters cannot wait to finish the series! highly recommend Reading
Ami Blackwelder
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
RABT Book Tours: Animal Graph by M. Black 1 2 Jan 11, 2018 04:01PM

Graph World (6 books)
  • Graph Lies (Graph World #3)
  • Graph Secrets (Animal Graph #2)
  • Graph Wars (Graph World #4)
  • Graph Relic (Graph World #5)
  • Graph Queen (Graph World #6)