Start by marking “Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1)

Behind the Bars

(Music Street #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  5,855 ratings  ·  1,164 reviews
When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops.

I was the awkward musician, and she was the high school queen.
The only things we had in common were our music and our loneliness.

Something in her eyes told me her smile wasnt always the truth.
Something in her voice gave me a hope I always wished to find.
And in a flash, she was gone.

Years later, she was standing in
Published December 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Bars, please sign up.
Brandi L. Platt I think it leaves a good opening to what could come next, but it doesnt leave you hanging and disappointed.…moreI think it leaves a good opening to what could come next, but it doesn’t leave you hanging and disappointed. (less)
Brittainy Cherry It releases December 7th! :)…moreIt releases December 7th! :) (less)
The Hate U Give by Angie ThomasA Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. MaasEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail HoneymanA Conjuring of Light by V.E. SchwabCaraval by Stephanie Garber
Best Books of 2017
1,571 books — 2,991 voters
Shameless by Lisa Renee JonesProvocative by Lisa Renee JonesRuckus by L.J. ShenPucked Off by Helena HuntingShacking Up by Helena Hunting
Romance Books 2017
566 books — 1,472 voters

More lists with this book...

·  5,855 ratings  ·  1,164 reviews

Start your review of Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1)
Christy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+ stars!!!!

description

No woman can only fall in love with the music of jazz. She always quietly yearns for the musician behind the bars.

Brittainy C. Cherry is a wordsmith. She is one of those people that is doing exactly what she was made for. Behind the Bars is another masterpiece. I cant say enough good things about this book! It moved me and gave me the feels on an entirely different level! It was brilliant and a top favorite of mine this year!

Jasmine Greene is the daughter of a traveling
KAS
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
...You dont see music, you feel it. Music doesnt see color. Music transcends all stereotypes.

I dont know what category of romance to file this under, but it honestly doesnt matter. What matters is ... It was amazing! It was riveting! It was totally unique! It was a page turning, slow burn romance! It gave me ALL THE FEELS, ranging from the depths of sadness, to the heights of elation and everything in between!

It was also my first read by this author, and now I need more and more.

The words
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

STOCKING UP ON TISSUE!

LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Book Blurb:
When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops.
I was the awkward musician, and she was the high school queen.
The only things we had in common were our music and our loneliness.
Something in her eyes told me her smile wasnt always the truth.
Something in her voice gave me a hope I always wished to find.
And in a flash, she was gone.
Years later, she was standing in front of me on a
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

Who knew things could be painfully beautiful?

Wow! This book was everything I was hoping for and more much more. I am a huge fan of Brittainy C. Cherry and have been ever since reading Loving Mr. Daniels a few years ago, and then I fell even harder for her after each one of the Elements stories. Behind the Bars is a phenomenal story of love, hope, friendship and two lonely souls coming together through their love of music. If there is one book you need to check out this year, or ever, it is
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
What a beautiful story! I loved this book so much! It was perfect!

Brittainy C. Cherry is one of my favorite authors of all time. She just has a way of writing the most beautiful and heartbreaking stories. This one is not an exception.

Elliot has such a beautiful soul. He goes through so much (the bullying was so hard and sad to read about) but hes not tainted. He loves deeply and cares so much for his family and friends. I am so in love with him.

Jasmine was perfect for Elliot. She too has gone
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone book in a series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Jasmine Greene was born to be a star. Coming from a family of musicians, she was poised to be a household name. But behind the talent, she was unhappy and lonely. That was until she met a kindred spirit.

Elliott Adams was shy and awkward. Music was his only way to escape real life. His friendship with Jasmine opened up his eyes to what a good life could be. But being together proved to be a lot harder than
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

[image error]

Brittainy C. Cherry delivers yet again another heartfelt story. This couple shares a love of jazz and of one another and their connection is simply beautiful. There were so many lovely quotes as Jasmine and Elliott find their way back to one another. I enjoyed this story and will always read anything this author pens!
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

You were, are, and will always be my Jazz. You are every beat, every note, every bar. You are the lyrics, the harmony, and the melody. You were, are, and always will be my favorite song.

4,5 stars

All along two thoughts were twirling in my head:
Oh Elliott, no when he was pushed and pushed
No Jasmine, please dont do it. They wont love you for this.
They both tore my heart in tiny pieces, quietly, one piece at a time.

”sadstitch”/

Poor, bullied and lonely Eli.
Elliott is the bullied boy with an unassuming
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 Unique Stars

Youre the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because youre here.

Such a beautiful story, it was emotional, heartwarming and sweet!I didn't expect anything less from Brittainy, for one more time she delivered a beautiful story!The writing is flawless and her characters original!

"We were polar opposites. We weren't meant to fall for one another, but when we blended together, we were some kind of beautiful."

Behind the Bars is a story that will make you think about your own
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Ugh Ms.Cherry, you're always making me cry... 😢😢😢

This book was so good. ❤❤❤

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Brittainy C Cherry has always managed to bring out the emotional side with her readers. Every word that's been written into the pages feels like a warm protected blanket and you cant help but bask in its safety and strength.

Never striking down for the emotional feel, Behind the Bars keeps you locked into a heartbreaking grasp about love, loss, hope and finding the perfect tune. From an early age , Jasmine has been groomed to be the next pop star thanks to her over bearing mother. Music and
Olga therebelreader
***4.5 stars***

Loved this book, I literally couldnt put it down, Ive been reading all day. I found humor in the right parts, sorrow, drama, vulnerability, understanding, lust, chemistry, friendships and love and yes, violence too!

Elliott, oh my dear sweet, Elliott... I really felt sorry for this guy, he had truly be handed a shit hand of cards to make his life. Jasmine knows what is expected of her, perfection. She has quite the messed up family life. I loved her character and how she would do
Sabrina
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm starting to have suspicions that Brittainy C. Cherry might have stock in a Tissue company because she keeps writing these books that have me going through an entire box of tissues. Seriously, she pushes my tear ducts to the extreme.

Behind The Bars starts off with Jasmine and Elliott in High School where they first meet. For me, this was the most emotional part of the story and the whole first half of the story had my heart continuously shattering into pieces.
Paige
5 Stay Stars

A beautiful love story about hope, healing and finding your truth. Behind the Bars was a quiet love story between two people who truly needed a love story. It was raw and passionate but also sweet and emotional. It encompassed the reality of first love and the endearing quality of last love. These characters were both a bit broken but found peace and understanding in each other even when life got in the way.

This is probably my favorite Ms. Cherry book and Ive loved all her work.
Wil Loves Books!
Youre the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because youre here.

Brittany Cherry writes beautiful, amazing books, thats a fact. Shes definitely on of my all time favorites and an instant one-click. Her stories are so real and amazing, and her writing is just beautiful and moving. This one is no exception. This book is about live, love, loss and ,music.

I noticed the loneliness most, because I knew the distinct look. Id been lonely my whole life, and Elliotts stare mirrored my own.

I
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Well...I think this was one that I sadly went into with big expectations that it didn't quite live up to. I liked the characters, I felt bad for what all they went through, I was happy with the ending (feels like I should add "for once" with the books I've been reading lately)...but I just didn't love it. I guess I never really felt their connection past a really good friendship. I'm not sure why either. I felt sad when the tragic event went down, but I didn't get as
Kandi Steiner
I have never been so emotionally moved by a book in my life. I didn't just fall in love with these characters, I walked 300 pages in their shoes, I BECAME then, and I am forever changed. Behind the Bars is true Brittainy C. Cherry magic. 5 achingly beautiful stars!
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
FOR GOODREADS

behind

Title: Behind The Bars
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Publication Date: December 7, 2017

ARC

It's good to be alive! Why you ask? Because you get to read books like this! Behind The Bars is such an amazing book. It's written beautifully.. I can't tell you how good this book was...I loved it!
ok...I've been sitting here for the past 15 minutes, trying to write this review but I know for a fact that my words just won't do it justice.This book is so beautifully
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

-If you had one person whod catch you when you were crashing through life, you were blessed beyond measure.

photo IMG_3474_zps0wjor8bv.jpg

Jasmine Greene is a beautiful, popular 16 yr. old girl living in New Orleans. Her mother wants to make her famous. Shes grooming her to be a star. She takes singing, dancing, & acting lessons, and is constantly going on auditions. Her mother wants her to be a triple threat with her talents, but Jasmine just wants to make her mama proud. Shes always working hard to try to
DW
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Going into a book by this author, I know there is going to be so many emotions.

Happiness

Sadness

And then happiness again.

So many emotions but always so worth it!!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

You are the music.

Elliott and Jasmine meet when Jasmine's mom finally allows her to go to a public school. She's been homeschooled all her life because her mom is bound and determined to make a star out of her. Jasmine has nonstop music, dance and acting lessons and auditions. Every part of her life is controlled...and it's nothing she wants.

Meeting Elliott frees something inside her and she feels her true calling. Unfortunately, she's only sixteen and can't make any decisions for
Diana
I was up until the wee hours of the morning to finish this little gem up. It does have angst, but my advice is to push through it.

It is a beautiful story about Elliot and Jasmine, two lost and lonely souls that find each other as teenagers. Elliot is constantly harassed and bullied at school for his stuttering, while Jasmine is gorgeous and popular, but that is only on the outside. She is struggling with trying to find herself plus she has a monster of a mother, which I seriously wanted to
Pick a Book
English / Português

Jasmine?he whispered one more time.
Yes, Elliott?
Does this mean were friends?I laughed and nodded against his shoulder.
This means were friends.

- 4,5 stars

I've known Brittainy's books for a long time. My first read was one of the first ones she launched; THE SPACE IN BETWEEN. And from there she has grown extraordinarily in her writing. The Elements Series, for me, was the best, that kind that you think you can't overcome. And then comes the author and show us that she can!
Beatrice Masaluñga
Full review posted at Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Behind the Bars is the first book of Brittainy C. Cherrys new series, The Music Street series. The story is set in New Orleans and its about a soul singer Jasmine Greene and a saxophonist Elliott Adams. It started with an awkward friendship turned into lovers briefly and years later rekindled for the second time around.

Soul music was Jasmines love and passion but her mother discouraged it
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "Also, I still love you!!!" stars***

*****************************
Youre the music in a mute world,
and my heart beats because youre here.
*****************************

Phew!!!! it's been almost a week since I've finished this "painfully beautiful" story and my feelings are still all over the place...
Honestly, I don't know what to say about this book!!!
Mrs. Cherry knows how to write beautiful, but painful stories!!! Stories that will stay with you for a long time after you finished
Jean
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply magical! Loved this book! Love this author.....she never disappoints me. Her stories are so emotionally moving and unique.

Elliott is the skinny, nerdy, glasses-wearing kid in school who always got picked on by the popular crowd. He tries to blend into the background, but would do anything for his sister, Katie.

Jasmine is the new popular girl. She has a stage mother who pushes her to be the best....singing, dancing, acting....her mother has dreams for Jasmine and she barely lets Jasmine
Gabby
DNF at 200 pages
Damn, I really wanted to love this book. I even included this book in my 5-star predictions video and I couldn't have been more wrong. Brittainy C. Cherry is one of my favorite authors and she's written some of my favorite books of all time: Loving Mr. Daniels, The Gravity of Us, and The Air He Breathes.

POSITIVES:
-Takes place in New Orleans
-POC characters
-The plot revolves around music

NEGATIVES:
-I didn't care about the characters
-There were SO many cliches about the characters
Ari
5 gorgeously heart-breaking stars

Read my entire review at Readin' Under Street-Lamps

Ah jesus, this book is so goddamn beautiful!

This book had so much life and heart and soul to it that made you not only appreciate life but your ability to fall in love as well. As some of you might be aware, Im not a huge fan of swoony stories, but dear heavens! This book was so freaking beautiful that I couldnt do anything but swoon. And while this book might not be one of her bests, this is still a heart-aching
Carol
4.5 stars.
I am not gonna lie. This book is divided into two parts and Part 1 of this book was really hard for me to read. I badly wanted to put it down and quit several times as the story was so harsh and also unrelenting in the abuse and suffering that both MC's experienced.
I am a total wimp when it comes to the type of bullying that Elliot had to endure at high school but I am glad that I persevered and made it to Part 2 of the story which takes place 6 years later and reunites a changed
Amy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jazz is.um, jazz is the reminder that when Im alone, Im not really alone. Thats what soul is to me. Its my best friend when everything else in the world is just an acquaintance.

Life happens. Sometimes you just have to go with the waves.

Youre the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because youre here.

There are books you read and then there are books you live. You breathe them. You consume them. Devour

• Falling Fast (Hailee & Chase, #1)
  • Flying High (Hailee & Chase, #2)
  • Hope Again (Again, #4)
  • New Beginnings (Green Valley Love, #1)
  • Burning Bridges (Fletcher University #1)
  • Show me the Stars (Leuchtturm-Trilogie, #1)
  • Up All Night (Up All Night #1)
  • Someone Else (Someone #2)
  • New Promises (Green Valley Love #2)
  • Finde Mich. Jetzt. (Finde-mich-Reihe, #1)
  • Sinking Ships (Fletcher University, #2)
  • Viens, on s'aime
  • Kiss Me Once
  • Someone New (Someone #1)
  • Rush (Rush, #1)
  • Nosotros en la Luna
  • 6 ans
  • Perfectly Broken

News & Interviews

“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.” 10 likes
“The things we truly love stay with us always, locked in our hearts as long as life remains.” 5 likes