Start by marking “Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1)

Behind the Bars (Music Street #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  3,492 Ratings  ·  852 Reviews
When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops.

I was the awkward musician, and she was the high school queen.
The only things we had in common were our music and our loneliness.

Something in her eyes told me her smile wasn’t always the truth.
Something in her voice gave me a hope I always wished to find.
And in a flash, she was gone.

Years later, she was standing in
Published December 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Bars, please sign up.
Brandi L. Platt I think it leaves a good opening to what could come next, but it doesn’t leave you hanging and disappointed.
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. MaasThe Hate U Give by Angie ThomasA Conjuring of Light by V.E. SchwabEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail HoneymanCaraval by Stephanie Garber
Best Books of 2017
1,448 books — 2,569 voters
Shameless by Lisa Renee JonesProvocative by Lisa Renee JonesRuckus by L.J. ShenPucked Off by Helena HuntingShacking Up by Helena Hunting
Romance Books 2017
558 books — 1,452 voters

More lists with this book...

Brittainy Cherry
Jun 07, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
✩ AMAZON US ➜ http://amzn.to/2iFZhHP
✩ AMAZON UK ➜ http://amzn.to/2AmCB5I
✩ AMAZON CA ➜ http://amzn.to/2ArrgiO
✩ AMAZON AU ➜ http://amzn.to/2APVi2W

photo Behind the Bars Wrap_preview_zps0s5jubkp.png
 photo 23158251_10100324339548324_174941683_o_zpswpjxvt0g.jpg

photo banner2_zpsylizsce1.jpg

Coming December 7th, 2017!!!
Christy
5+ stars!!!!

description

“No woman can only fall in love with the music of jazz. She always quietly yearns for the musician behind the bars.”

Brittainy C. Cherry is a wordsmith. She is one of those people that is doing exactly what she was made for. Behind the Bars is another masterpiece. I can’t say enough good things about this book! It moved me and gave me the feels on an entirely different level! It was brilliant and a top favorite of mine this year!

Jasmine Greene is the daughter of a traveling mus
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

STOCKING UP ON TISSUE!

LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Book Blurb:
When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops.
I was the awkward musician, and she was the high school queen.
The only things we had in common were our music and our loneliness.
Something in her eyes told me her smile wasn’t always the truth.
Something in her voice gave me a hope I always wished to find.
And in a flash, she was gone.
Years later, she was standing in front of me on a stre
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Who knew things could be painfully beautiful?”

Wow! This book was everything I was hoping for and more… much more. I am a huge fan of Brittainy C. Cherry and have been ever since reading Loving Mr. Daniels a few years ago, and then I fell even harder for her after each one of the Elements stories. Behind the Bars is a phenomenal story of love, hope, friendship and two lonely souls coming together through their love of music. If there is one book you need to check out this year, or ever, it i
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

description

Brittainy C. Cherry delivers yet again another heartfelt story. This couple shares a love of jazz and of one another and their connection is simply beautiful. There were so many lovely quotes as Jasmine and Elliott find their way back to one another. I enjoyed this story and will always read anything this author pens!
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone book in a series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Jasmine Greene was born to be a star. Coming from a family of musicians, she was poised to be a household name. But behind the talent, she was unhappy and lonely. That was until she met a kindred spirit.

Elliott Adams was shy and awkward. Music was his only way to escape real life. His friendship with Jasmine opened up his eyes to what a good life could be. But being together proved to be a lot harder than
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 Unique Stars

“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.”

Such a beautiful story, it was emotional, heartwarming and sweet!I didn't expect anything less from Brittainy, for one more time she delivered a beautiful story!The writing is flawless and her characters original!

"We were polar opposites. We weren't meant to fall for one another, but when we blended together, we were some kind of beautiful."

Behind the Bars is a story that will make you think about your o
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Ugh Ms.Cherry, you're always making me cry... 😢😢😢

This book was so good. ❤❤❤

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

“You were, are, and will always be my Jazz. You are every beat, every note, every bar. You are the lyrics, the harmony, and the melody. You were, are, and always will be my favorite song.”

4,5 stars

All along two thoughts were twirling in my head:
“Oh Elliott, no…” when he was pushed and pushed
“No Jasmine, please don’t do it. They won’t love you for this.”
They both tore my heart in tiny pieces, quietly, one piece at a time.

”sadstitch”/

Poor, bullied and lonely Eli.
Elliott is the bullied boy with an unassuming
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Brittainy C Cherry has always managed to bring out the emotional side with her readers. Every word that's been written into the pages feels like a warm protected blanket and you can’t help but bask in it’s safety and strength.

Never striking down for the emotional feel, Behind the Bars keeps you locked into a heartbreaking grasp about love, loss, hope and finding the perfect tune. From an early age , Jasmine has been groomed to be the next pop star thanks to her over bearing mother. Music and
Wil Loves Books!
“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.”

Brittany Cherry writes beautiful, amazing books, that’s a fact. She’s definitely on of my all time favorites and an instant one-click. Her stories are so real and amazing, and her writing is just beautiful and moving. This one is no exception. This book is about live, love, loss and ,music.

“I noticed the loneliness most, because I knew the distinct look. I’d been lonely my whole life, and Elliott’s stare mirrored my
Olga therebelreader
***4.5 stars***

Loved this book, I literally couldn’t put it down, I’ve been reading all day. I found humor in the right parts, sorrow, drama, vulnerability, understanding, lust, chemistry, friendships and love and yes, violence too!

Elliott, oh my dear sweet, Elliott... I really felt sorry for this guy, he had truly be handed a shit hand of cards to make his life. Jasmine knows what is expected of her, perfection. She has quite the messed up family life. I loved her character and how she would d
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Well...I think this was one that I sadly went into with big expectations that it didn't quite live up to. I liked the characters, I felt bad for what all they went through, I was happy with the ending (feels like I should add "for once" with the books I've been reading lately)...but I just didn't love it. I guess I never really felt their connection past a really good friendship. I'm not sure why either. I felt sad when the tragic event went down, but I didn't get as em
Kandi Steiner
I have never been so emotionally moved by a book in my life. I didn't just fall in love with these characters, I walked 300 pages in their shoes, I BECAME then, and I am forever changed. Behind the Bars is true Brittainy C. Cherry magic. 5 achingly beautiful stars!
Jemima

Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Publication Date: December 7, 2017

ARC

It's good to be alive! Why you ask? Because you get to read books like this! Behind The Bars is such an amazing book. It's written beautifully.. I can't tell you how good this book was...I loved it!
ok...I've been sitting here for the past 15 minutes, trying to write this review but I know for a fact that my words just won't do it justice.This book is so beautifully poign
DW
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Going into a book by this author, I know there is going to be so many emotions.

Happiness

Sadness

And then happiness again.

So many emotions but always so worth it!!
Lo Bookfrantic

4.5★★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone book in a series
POV: First Person – Dual

Image result for gif music

“One can’t truly heal if they pretend the cracks don’t exist.”

Jasmine Greene childhood was not any normal and typical one.  Her mother was obsessed with making her a star. It was clearly that she was talented and she had the potential for success but her mother's constant push to be perfect made her feel lonely and sad.  She meets a boy who changes her life and makes her feel whole.

"She
Diana
I was up until the wee hours of the morning to finish this little gem up. It does have angst, but my advice is to push through it.

It is a beautiful story about Elliot and Jasmine, two lost and lonely souls that find each other as teenagers. Elliot is constantly harassed and bullied at school for his stuttering, while Jasmine is gorgeous and popular, but that is only on the outside. She is struggling with trying to find herself plus she has a monster of a mother, which I seriously wanted to throa
Beatrice Masaluñga
Full review posted at Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Behind the Bars is the first book of Brittainy C. Cherry’s new series, The Music Street series. The story is set in New Orleans and it’s about a soul singer Jasmine Greene and a saxophonist Elliott Adams. It started with an awkward friendship turned into lovers briefly and years later rekindled for the second time around.

Soul music was Jasmine’s love and passion but her mother discouraged i
Pick a Book
English / Português

“Jasmine?”he whispered one more time.
“Yes, Elliott?”
“Does this mean we’re friends?”I laughed and nodded against his shoulder.
“This means we’re friends.”

- 4,5 stars

I've known Brittainy's books for a long time. My first read was one of the first ones she launched; THE SPACE IN BETWEEN. And from there she has grown extraordinarily in her writing. The Elements Series, for me, was the best, that kind that you think you can't overcome. And then comes the author and show us that s
Jean
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply magical! Loved this book! Love this author.....she never disappoints me. Her stories are so emotionally moving and unique.

Elliott is the skinny, nerdy, glasses-wearing kid in school who always got picked on by the popular crowd. He tries to blend into the background, but would do anything for his sister, Katie.

Jasmine is the new popular girl. She has a stage mother who pushes her to be the best....singing, dancing, acting....her mother has dreams for Jasmine and she barely lets Jasmine li
Me_LissaH
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of this book upset me, the fact that the adults knew what was happening to Elliot at school and let it go on for so long was just ridiculous. What Jasmine did so those boys would leave Elliot alone just turned my stomach. Then what happened to Elliot’s sister was just a bit too much for me. Suffice it to say the first half was not my favorite. But I kept reading because I really liked Elliot and Jasmine and I was really interested in how they would end up.

The second half of the s
Amy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You don’t see music, you feel it. Music doesn’t see color. Music transcends all stereotypes.”

“Jazz is….um, jazz is the reminder that when I’m alone, I’m not really alone.” “That’s what soul is to me.” “It’s my best friend when everything else in the world is just an acquaintance.”

“Life happens. Sometimes you just have to go with the waves.”

“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.”

There are books you read and then there are books you live. You breathe them. You
Carol
4.5 stars.
I am not gonna lie. This book is divided into two parts and Part 1 of this book was really hard for me to read. I badly wanted to put it down and quit several times as the story was so harsh and also unrelenting in the abuse and suffering that both MC's experienced.
I am a total wimp when it comes to the type of bullying that Elliot had to endure at high school but I am glad that I persevered and made it to Part 2 of the story which takes place 6 years later and reunites a changed Jasm
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
:::3.75 Stars!:::

BCherry knows just how to gut you. Full review to come:)
Snowtulip
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: muscian, rom, series
"One can't truly heal if they pretend the crack's don't exist."
Doris
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Brittainy Cherry and I did enjoy it. The one thing that I was curious about is, it details the lives of the main characters when they were teenagers and yet the end seemed a bit rushed. Both of them have terrible teenage years, one with being bullied by his classmates and the other by her own mother. When separated one goes though a tragedy that he can not recover while the other lives a life she completely hates. When they are reunited it takes time an ...more
Love N. Books
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02:

So you see the cover of the book. You see the title of the book. My mind immediately went to "Ah yes. Biracial romance, they are behind thr bars of racism" or something of the likes.

Boy. Was I wrong. So fucking wrong. Huge applause to Brittainy for handling a biracial romance as.... not one. Brittainy tore down any lines of thought of race in which the reader is so engrossed with the characters that all thought of skin color is gone. POOF. GONE. A subtle reference here and there -
Gabby
DNF at 200 pages
Damn, I really wanted to love this book. I even included this book in my 5-star predictions video and I couldn't have been more wrong. Brittainy C. Cherry is one of my favorite authors and she's written some of my favorite books of all time: Loving Mr. Daniels, The Gravity of Us, and The Air He Breathes.

POSITIVES:
-Takes place in New Orleans
-POC characters
-The plot revolves around music

NEGATIVES:
-I didn't care about the characters
-There were SO many cliches about the characters
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
I really loved Part 1, but the second part really lost me as a fan because it felt so rushed, and there were lots of 'weeks later' moments that missed out any connection that the reader needed to really root for their reunion.

Slightly disappointed :(

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.” 7 likes
“You can’t force someone to love you, to be proud of you, to care. The only thing you’re in control of is your own soul and discovering what makes your heart beat.” 4 likes