Start by marking “Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)

Bane

(Sinners of Saint #4)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  6,503 Ratings  ·  1,142 Reviews
A COMPLETE standalone and a Sinners of Saint spin-off.

Bane
Naked surfer. Habitual pothead. A con, a liar, a thief and a fraud.
Last I heard, he was extorting the rich and screwing their wives for a living.
Which is why I’m more than a little surprised to find him at my threshold, looking for my friendship, my services, and most puzzling of all—looking humbled.
Thing is, I’m on
Published May 10th 2018

Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
“Snow White waited for the prince. You’ll be the one saving yourself in this story.”

This isn’t your typical romance and certainly isn’t a fairy tale. In this story, Cinderella saves the Savage!

With Bane, L.J. Shen holds no punches. I’m really afraid she’ll eventually ruin me for other authors!! Her writing is lyrical. It’s poetic. It’s simply beautiful! This book is sexy, flirts with the dark side, and is one of her grittier works. I COULD NOT get enough of these characters.

“Don’t fuck with
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gritty, jerk, new-adult
I'm still experiencing a vicious BANE book hangover :D

IF you haven't read any of the Sinners yet -you must at least read Bane - he is the perfect example of a bad boy that will rock your world!!!

I honestly did not think this day would ever come.

Ever since reading VICIOUS, I was in love with him. He was a glorified jerk, an asshole extraordinaire, the high school meanie, and just all around dick. And I ADORED him!! I knew from that moment on that I loved LJ Shen’s heroes. She wrote characters th
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

We weren’t a boy and a girl. We were two lonely, fucked-up souls. It made wanting Bane in my life acceptable. I wanted him to fix me.

The queen of angst has done it once again. She's given me a hero that I have fallen head over ovaries for, and I can't stop thinking about. Bane is so different from the heroes we're used to from LJ Shen, but he's no less potent. He's not the typical alpha-hole that she writes oh-so-well. But he's also not quite a nice guy either. Bane is that somewhere
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
When an L.J. Shen novel hits my kindle I swear it's a holiday because EVERYTHING stops!! This novel was pure MAGIC! Bane and Jesse were perfect together. Just amazing. I laughed, I cried and I honestly never wanted it to end. I loved them so much!

I swear I have been dying for Roman "Bane" Protsenko's story since Scandalous and Jesus Christ this author delivered and then some. When Bane wants something, he will do anything to get it and Jesse Carter has no idea what she's in for. When he makes a
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
Sometimes in your life there are books that you come across that take you by surprise. It puts you in a state of shock, not just because you can't imagine reading any other book for the rest of you life, but because you've finally found the one. The one book you will remember forever, the one that will haunt you forever. It's this one. And I'm so obsessively in love with it, I will never get over it. I devoured this in one sitting. And then I had to re-read again just to make sure I didn't dream ...more
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

I was the guy everyone knew, and she was a ghost desperate to be forgotten.

‘BANE:’ is book #4 within the Sinners of Saint stand alone novel, New Adult, a spin-off novel by L.J. Shen. Spoken in dual POV’S The Heroine (Jesse) the Hero (Bane).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The ‘Prologue’ is a bit of a wowza, but only hints at what happened, but sets up a terrific storyline of whats to come.

At twenty-five ‘Bane’ aka Roman Protsenko, has no qualms
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Everytime L. J. Shen announces a new novel, I get ridiculously excited. Why? Besides the fact that I know I'm going to love it, I know what awaits me inside each of her books. There's always an incredible story with a beautiful romance, hot sex, and characters that will stay with me forever.

"Don't get me wrong-she was beautiful, but she looked like a dazzling tragedy, specially designed to fuck you up."

Bane was my most anticipated read of 2018. Every since Baron Spencer described him as a "m
L.J. Shen
May 07, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Live and FREE with Kindle Unlimited. A special $2.99 will be available for a few days only.

Amazon US ➜ https://amzn.to/2FPWOQw
Amazon UK ➜ https://goo.gl/8YSPq6
Amazon CA ➜ https://goo.gl/rN7CbQ
Amazon AUS ➜ https://goo.gl/Qnv1Ao

Giveaways are posted on my pages:

Author page - https://www.facebook.com/authorljshen/
Reading group - https://goo.gl/F5hPwE
Dilek VT
I was hesitant for a long while to read this book but then I decided that I needed closure for this series so I read BANE.

My ratings of the books in this series is as follows :

Vicious: 5 because I couldn't give 10 or more stars!
Defy: 3 stars
Ruckus: 2,5 stars
Scandalous: 2 stars
Bane: 2,5 stars

As you can see, only VICIOUS did it for me, none of the others were good enough!

Now, let's talk about BANE.

That is one hell of an interesting book that includes a bit of everything…. Every f*cking twisted th
Helena Hunting
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think you know what to expect, LJ Shen throws you a curve ball that hits you right in the heart. Bane is a heartbreaking, gut wrenching and soul stealing emotional ride that will leave you breathless. Shen writes heroine’s with backbones of steel and heroes you can’t help but fall for. Bane is an absolutely unforgettable love story. Prepare yourself for an epic book hangover.
Elizabeth
★4.5★
"Just remember, Snowflake-you fucking begged for it."
description

Bane is the fourth book in the Sinners of Saint Series. Although the series is best enjoyed if read from the beginning, you can enjoy each book as a stand-alone. In Bane, L.J. Shen is back with another broken bad boy who we find is a perfect match for the sweet, broken, and introverted Jesse Carter.

description
"He had a take-no-prisoners approach to sex, and missionary wasn't only not on the menu for him, but I doubted it was even in his vocabula
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“I was the guy everyone knew and she was the girl desperate to be forgotten”.

DAYUM!!

L.J Shen was not playing around with this one! “Bane is by far her best work to date and it showed in every single word that she gave us. There’s a new bad boy in town, and he’s taking panties first and saving the pleasantries for later. I thought for sure that no one could dethroned Vicious, but ladies… I was DEAD.WRONG!

A con artist, liar, habitual pothead, manwhore, you name it, and Roman “Bane” Protsenk
Melanie (mells_view)
“I have a bad reputation.” He stopped, staring at me. “Mine’s worse.”

This is the last book in the Sinners of Saint series. I figured LJ Shen would go out with a quick little ditty about a hot stoner surfer, and the girl he falls for. Well she did that, but she did way more than I anticipated. This story was about Bane sure, but it was also about a broken girl getting the push she needs from the man she was not expecting.

I am in love with Bane. I am in love with Jesse. I cried sporadically throug
Sophia Triad
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New Sinner.

“Bane is awfully similar to Vicious, wouldn’t you agree?”

Not really.

1. Bane was never as privileged as Vicious.

I was a Russian immigrant bastard living in one of the richest towns in the States. I never stood a chance to fit in in the first place. So, what was really the harm in standing out?

2. Besides the fact that he was lying through his teeth to Jesse, he was far more honest and he had a more innocent soul than Vicious.

“I don’t think you understand, Snowflake. You don’t have
Paige
5 “A Dazzling Tragedy” Stars

Raw. Passionate. Intense. Phenomenal.

Bane is the story of our naked surfer and the girl he never thought he’d fall for. Working his way up the chain of command in his home town, Bane is making a name for himself. He just needs the funds to compete with the likes of the Hotholes. When he finally finds an investor, he realizes that he’s got take on a side project to get the money: Jesse. But what starts as Bane just befriending Jesse (even when it’s kind of against her
NMmomof4
4 Stars

**This does include some BIG SPOILERS behind my spoiler tags, so please, as always -- don't click on the tags unless you want it to be spoiled!**

Overall Opinion: This was much better than I thought it would be! I f-loved Bane! He was a train wreck in the best way. They were perfect for each other in their f-ed upness. I appreciated his frank honestly and how he didn't try to act like someone he wasn't. He owned up to his bad qualities, and didn't apologize for them. I also appreciated
Sabrina
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
JUST WENT LIVE!!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

When we were first introduced to Bane in the previous book it was very easy to try and paint him the villain. He was crass and unapologetic and too used to getting what he wanted. And in his own story he is no different. He shows no shame for his ways and proved to me that I have very bad taste in men because damn was it attractive. His confidence didn't waver and I loved it along with his rough around the edges character.

Jesse, she broke my heart. She went
Vanessa Serrano
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
I wasn't expecting anything less than perfection with Bane, because that's the kind of author L. J. Shen is, she gives you everything in every single one of her books, and Bane... Sweet Lord, Bane was out of this world, the last Sinner of Saint was superb.

One thing I can say about Bane without spoiling it: he's broken, he's just a master at hiding it, he hides his pain so well even he believes he's whole. Roman AKA Bane is way different from the other Sinners, he's such a complex character, he'
Wendy
https://www.google.com/search?q=orange rating stars

It's no secret that I am a fan of L.J. Shen's work. This is the fourth book in the series, and no worries, it can be read as a stand alone. I would advice reading the others though, I myself especialy loved "Ruckus",  and even though this book certainly rocked...he will always be my favorite I think ;) That said, this one comes in on a very close second !! Bane and Jesse definitely had me on the edge of my seat ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=edge of my seat gif

When I started this book, I was immediately pulled into the story.... Bane is a bad
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_BANE_AVAILABLE NOW.jpg
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-6/5/18

WOWZA!!!
I seriously feel like I'm in a major book coma here, so fabulously good reading was "Bane".
tumblr_m9ivt8wbLq1qgylw1
If I could give this more than five Stars I so bloody would, I found this that good.
How on earth is my next read going to live up to the spectacular experience that was Roman/Bane's and Jesse's totally messed up and unique onward sprint to there forever life with each other.
Never have I been rooting for a couple's happiness more than these two.
They just
Olga therebelreader
This book made me laugh and cry. How the author manages to write stories that strike at all my deeper emotions, I’ll never know. Bane is an emotional roller coaster and Shen has perfected the mix of action, drama, and romance.

Shen chooses to explore the way in which a woman might cope with perhaps one of the most horrendous things that can be done to her. As a reader my heart went out to Jesse. I wanted to help her. I wanted to punish those who hurt her and I literally cried for her. And I admir
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018-favorites
LOVED IT!

This book was so good! It had everything that I enjoy in my contemporary romances: a jerk hero that has a good heart, a strong heroine that doesn’t take the H’s crap, sexy times, great banter and a love story that takes your breath away.

Roman “Bane” Protsenko, is a con, a thief, a liar and a total badass. He is so sexy and I really liked seeing him fall in love. He’s the type of guy that falls hard and he does for Jesse. He’s one of my favorite H’s from L.J. Shane, right after Vicious
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Trigger warning: This book contains abuse (rape) and slut shaming.

Bane is the Sinners of Saint finale and it's about Edie Van Der Zee's best friend / ex-boyfriend Roman Protsenko a.k.a. Bane. He's a businessman, surfer, and pothead. He's the town's gigolo and most of his clients were rich married women. He's a sinner just like the previous guys in the series. While I'm pleased he gets a spotlight, he never captivated me in Scandalous so I set my expectations low in this book.

Bane successfully
Rumi
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vic has officially met his match. Checkmate.

Nine months. Most women spend nine months creating tiny humans; L.J. Shen spent the last nine months teasing readers about the enigma that is Bane, before we even officially met him in Scandalous (Sinners of Saint #3). To say Bane was my most anticipated book of 2018 would be an understatement and, boy, was the wait worth it.

I’ll admit, I was a little sceptical when Shen first started teasing readers about this book. Because how was she going to top V
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

“My Whole Life Has Been Pledged to This Meeting with You.”

When I read a book that everyone one seems to love and I just don't, it makes me wonder, what did I miss? Factor in that I was really looking forward to Bane's book especially after getting to know him in Scandalous and it just makes me question things.

Bane is older in this book and a lot harder. He's still the easy going pot smoking, surfer dude but there's a more cut throat side of him that we get to know.

His current project is
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“I was the guy everyone knew, and she was a ghost desperate to be forgotten.”

To say that I was excited about the release of Bane by L J Shen would be a massive understatement. I have waited with baited breath for book 4 in one of my favourite series of all time, Sinners of Saint, and it did not disappoint. It was definitely well worth the wait. L. J. has such a talent for writing her heroes in all their unrepentant anti-hero glory; those who are always branded a bully and march to the beat o
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
5 'SNOWFLAKE' stars

I loved this story so very much, it's definitely my favourite Shen novel to date. The more I read from this author the more I become enamoured with her writing. 'Sinners of Saint,' is a series of STANDALONES. The latest story focusses on the love story of Bane and Jessie Carter, their story is raw, hard fought, lined with heartache, twists and turns, and written with a very large dose of pure romance genre brilliance. The story and the characters took a hold of my heart, held
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

Bane was one of my most anticipated book, from the moment I read the blurb I wanted to read it!I really liked Bane, it was an emotional read!

description

Bane was an interesting and complex hero.I was intrigued and I liked him a lot!I can't hide that I'm in love with all L.J. Shen's heroes!They are unique and each one of them has something to give you!Jesse is a strong heroine but for some reason I can say that I felt connected to her and this is the reason I couldn't give it 5 stars.Jesse and Bane's
YA Buddy Readers'...: Bane by L.J. Shen -> Starting June 11th, 2018 7 9 Jun 15, 2018 01:51PM
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook➜

Sinners of Saint (4 books)
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2)
  • Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3)
“Always part ways with people you love like you’ll never see them again.” 4 likes
“You're an escort?" Her already large eyes widened further. I reached for one strap of her backpack and snapped it against her shoulder, careful not to touch her, then smirked.

"I prefer the term sexual plumber."

She snorted "Oh, God."

"Yeah, They sometimes call me that, too.”
3 likes