Jump to ratings and reviews

Molly Murphy #2

Death of Riley

Molly Murphy apprentices to Paddy Riley for her new profession. The tough old Cockney PI specializes in divorces. Molly hopes to seek counsel of and hook handsome NYPD police captain Daniel Sullivan. But Riley's murder sends her through back alleys of Manhattan and into bars and lounges of the literary - writers, actors, poets, musicians - and suspects.

336 pages, Paperback

First published December 5, 2002

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rhys Bowen

92 books7,245 followers
I'm a New York Times bestselling mystery author, winner of both Agatha and Anthony awards for my Molly Murphy mysteries, set in 1902 New York City.

I have recently published four internationally bestselling WWII novels, one of them a #1 Kindle bestseller, and the Tuscan Child selling almost a million copies to date. In Farleigh Field won three major awards and was nominated for an Edgar. My other stand-alone novels are The Victory Garden, about land girls in WWI and Above the Bay of Angels, featuring a young woman who becomes chef for Queen Victoria.
April 2021 will mark the publication of THE VENICE SKETCHBOOK--another sweeping historical novel of love, loss and intrigue.

My books are currently translated into 29 languages and I have fans worldwide.

I also write the Agatha-winning Royal Spyness series, about the British royal family in the 1930s. It's lighter, sexier, funnier, wicked satire. It was voted by readers as best mystery series one year.
I am also known for my Constable Evans books, set in North Wales, and for my award-winning short stories.

I was born and raised in England but currently divide my time between California and Arizona where I go to escape from the harsh California winters
When I am not writing I love to travel, sing, hike, play my Celtic harp.
Series:

◊ Historical Mystery (2001): Murphy's Law

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
244 (2%)
1 star
45 (<1%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.