Start by marking “The Year I Dated the Internet” as Want to Read:
The Year I Dated the Internet

The Year I Dated the Internet

With her thirtieth birthday fast approaching, Chelsea Wilson decides she is done being single. She is going to be married by the end of the year if it kills her. And sixteen first dates might just do that. With no male companionship, other than her cat Daughtry, Chelsea reluctantly creates an online dating profile. She begins meeting all kinds of men in a world now full of ...more
Published May 23rd 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Year I Dated the Internet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Year I Dated the Internet

Jacob Proffitt
Sep 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I want it clear that this rating is for the concept and not the writing. I fell for Chelsea very quickly and the problem is that I fell for her men nearly as fast. Carroll's writing is clear and evocative and exactly what it needed to be for this to be a fun romance. This is a huge improvement over her last book I read and I love to see that improvement so I kind of hate giving this one the same rating because she deserves better recognition for that improvement.

The problem is that this is a "ch
Jessie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Choose Your Own Ending

I used to read Choose Your Own Adventure books as a child. I've read two other books with romances where you choose the ending, and never felt completely satisfied. Even though I am still not a big fan of this concept, I think Stacy Carroll did a good job with it.

There were pros and cons about each of the four guys Chelsea had settled on. I had two guys I was rooting for and could just read those two endings.

My favorite part of the story though was the amazingly awful onli
Kathy
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I enjoyed this one right up until the ending. I still can't decide if I love or hate the twist at the end. It was well done but left me feeling oddly cheated even though we got several packages tied up with nice big bows.
The story feels very bachelorette-ish and I had a hard time picking which guy was best for her.

Content: Clean at least as far as there being nothing on the pages but there is implied premarital sex
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Didn't understand this was a choose the end kind of book. :/
Melonie Wilson
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick and fun read. The idea of choosing your own ending was an absolute blast!
Tamera Westhoff
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay Steamy Romance

I can't say it's clean, and I was super disappointed in the bad dates. Grabbing at her breasts? Yikes! Then we got over 75% into the book before she lets us choose. I didn't like a lot of the choices she was making and how she was hiding the fact that she was seriously dating more than one guy. I love that I got to choose, but still read the other endings and was disappointed with several. I didn't even understand why one was a choice. I was hoping for clean and really didn't
Sweetpea
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chelsea vows to be married by the end of the year and turns to the internet to find Mr. Right. Along the way, she also finds LOTS of Mr. Wrongs. After narrowing down the field to four, this is where the listener comes in. We get to decide who she chooses. What a unique twist! I loved Lori Prince as the narrator and thought that she did a great job with the story and characters. The Year I Dated The Internet was a fun romantic comedy and a great listen. I would recommend this.

I was given this fre
Teya Peck
This one is hard for me to rate. My official rating is 3.4. I enjoyed it except for a few moments at the first, but I loved her get back at him line. I did not like that it didn't have an official end. However, I did like that she had an ending for each man's possible out come. See hard to rate. I really didn't like her though. She was all over the place. However, it's also the first time I really understand and maybe "get" the bachelor and bachelorette thing. The loving each because of somethin ...more
Stephanie
I, too, went through some duds while online dating in search of my husband. This book is funny, and it hits on the truth so much. It think that's actually what makes it so funny. This isn't a Pulitzer Prize-winning book, but it is a fun read. The story moves, the narration is good, and it is perfect for mindless listening. I found myself laughing out loud several times.

I received a free copy of this audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left my honest review. The free copy did not influen
K.D. Reed
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously impressed a romantic comedy had me invested!
I'm not a romance girl. But was intrigued by the "choose your own adventure" aspect. Because, every time there's a choice to be made in a romance, the protag chooses WRONG. But, not this time!
I thought Chelsea was charming, and honest. Laughed at all the creeps she came across online, and loved the guys she fell for.
A delightful, light-hearted read, and had my thinking who I'd choose the entire time. And the decision wasn't easy!
Lydia
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful and so true. Chelsea's thirtieth birthday is approaching and she chooses to find her mate online. Disasters appear at every corner (most likely the worst of any bunch) and four wonderful guys make the final selection. The author then took a very unique approach allowing the reader to pick Chelsea's choice. I imagine each reader will pick differently based on perception or thinking they've found the best for Chelsea. A great approach with fun endings!
Sara
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun fast paced book with a twist at the end where you the reader get to choose the ending. It is a light hearted romance that keeps the reader interested and invested in what happens. I read this at the same time as a few friends and it was really fun to get together and discuss who everyone chose and why. I enjoyed this book very much. I received an ARC for an honest review.
Angelina
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I'd actually go 2.5. The concept is cute: you read the book, and then there are 4 different endings and you pick which one you think is how it should end. The problem was the execution: not all the endings rang true to the character you'd gotten to know for an entire book.
Emily F
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dating Bracket for the Win

This was such an interesting book! It was a unique premise and am interesting journey. I really enjoyed the four different endings - choose your own adventure! I'd rate the content Pg-13, nothing graphic.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

"The Year I Dated the Internet" is a cute and funny story that will have readers smiling from ear to ear.

Read full review in the 2017 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Careen Borg
Heidi
Jan 17, 2018
Pascale
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this book by reading someone's post on Facebook. The description and the fact that it is a clean romance inspired me to borrow it from Kindle Unlimited. I loved the concept of this book! It was fun to guess which guy she would end up with and getting to choose in the end reminded me of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books we read as kids. There was plenty of humour throughout the story and I shared some of the jokes with friends and family who all laughed as well. I would like to see mo ...more
Ashley Khecan
Feb 05, 2019
Kristen Graham
Jun 17, 2019
Mary G
Feb 16, 2018
Susan
Nov 20, 2018
Stacy Lynn Carroll has always loved telling stories. She started out at Utah State University where she pursued a degree in English, learned how to western swing, and watched as many of her fellow students became ‘True Aggies’. She then finished her BA at the University of Utah where she got an emphasis in creative writing. After college she worked as an administrative assistant, where she continu ...more