Start by marking “Soul of the Dragon” as Want to Read:

(The Soul Series #1)

A thousand years ago, a jealous mage cursed a young lord into dragon form to keep him from his soulmate, a peasant girl coveted by the mage. They have four lifetimes to break the curse. Three times, they have failed. Alexa Ranger doesn't remember the lord's son who was her soulmate three lifetimes ago, nor does she recall their previous attempts to break the curse-each one ...more
Published October 31st 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

Start your review of Soul of the Dragon
Stacy Sabala
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, romance
Book Review- Soul of the Dragon by Natalie J. Damschroder

Alexa Ranger comes face to face with her golden dragon. He explains that it is time. She resigns from her position as a spy and prepares for the quest she knows is coming. She has dreamed of her dragon since she was three and knows what she must do.
Cyrgyn knows that this is their last chance to succeed. Alexa is stronger in this life. He hopes that this 21st century Alexa is what will make the difference in their success.
Alexa has to trust
Allie Ritch
This book was more or less a near miss with me. It just didn't draw me in, though there was nothing majorly wrong with it. I would have liked to have seen more romance and a clearer focus. From some of the descriptions of Alexa, I got the impression that the heroine was a Jason Bourne type spy, but she had an Aunt Ethel and family that she was close with. Her friends and relatives accepted the existence of a dragon without hesitation, and apparently magic was more prevalent than the beginning of ...more
Krissys
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: featured-books, star
I really wanted to love this book, however there was a lot left to be desired. I felt that there were quite a few plot holes and that there was some lacking character development that I thought would make this story exceptional, however personally I felt the author left it out which left the story feeling rushed. It has a lot of potential and I hope that the author adds more to it in future revisions.
Melindeeloo
2.5 stars - okay plus to pretty good - Just didn't have enough of a connection to the dragon, to milk the pathos of lovers separated again and again over life times, and Ryc muddied the waters - even though I pretty quickly figured out his role in the whole story. It was nice that there was a bit of sympathy for the villain of the piece at the end.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
This is going into the DNF pile.

Alexa is a spy. A dragon approaches her while she is out on a mission. No reaction (to said dragon), 'cause, see, she's had dreams. All he has to do is say, "It's time." Alexa: "Tell me where to meet you." Then she up and quits her job. Just. Like. That. No questions asked. (She's supposed to be a fucking spy!)
MJ
May 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. Didn't quite live up to the potential for me tho. Wouldn't tell anyone to 'not read it' tho.

Saying all that... Was glad it was free and didn't think I'd be happy to pay for book 2... But the sample got me interested enough to do just that.
Debbie
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soul of the Dragon

This was a great book start to finish, it had it all, love, suspense, twists and turns and a shocking perfect ending.
Carrie
DNF - starts out all telling, I just could not get into it. I wanted to see things happen.
Vickie
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRAvO

Wow good story! Action from the beginning in this case. Do you love dragons? Do you love romance? Do you love a strong heroine? Do you love a book that calls to not be put laid down? Well this story has it all.
B00kR3ader
Nov 11, 2015
Monique
May 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Kadin (Dragons of Riddich, #1)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby #1)
  • Treasured Find (Shifter World Royal Kagan, #1)
  • Wolves (I Bring the Fire, #1)
  • Dragon Hunter, Part 1 (Dragon Hunter, #1)
  • Fallen Alpha (The Lost Pack Book 1)
  • Waking the Dragon (Dragon Ruins, #1)
  • Mated To The Werewolf King (The Kings, #1)
  • Fatal Puzzle (Zons Crime #1)
  • The Keeper of the Wolf Clan (Keeper of Wolves, #1)
  • Kenai (Watchers, #1)
  • The Wolf Ring (Wolf Ring, #1)
  • Wolf Fight (The Art of Claiming an Alpha, #1)
  • Tempted By the Pack (Blue Moon Brides, #1)
  • Running Free: Sagittarius (Zodiac Shifters #25)
  • Necessary Magic (Wolf and Unicorn, #1)
  • Wereleper (Leopards Unleashed #1)
  • The Alpha's Mate (Huntsville Pack, #1) Sequel to Bring Her Wolf
Natalie J. Damschroder is an award-winning author of contemporary and paranormal romance, with an emphasis on romantic adventure. She has had 22 novels, 7 novellas, and 16 short stories published by several publishers, most recently with Soul Mate Publishing, Entangled Publishing, and Carina Press.

Natalie grew up in Massachusetts, and loves the New England Patriots more than anything. (Except her

The Soul Series (4 books)
  • Soulflight (Soul, #2)
  • Harte and Soul (The Soul Series, #3)
  • Soul Deep (The Soul Series, #4)