Start by marking “SEO Made Simple (6th Edition): Insider Secrets for Driving More Traffic to Your Website” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
SEO Made Simple (6th E...

Michael H. Fleischner

Get your business ranked #1 on Google. SEO Made Simple(R) (6th Edition), is the leading SEO book for optimizing websites, blogs, and other digital assets. Updated for the most recent Google algorithm changes, SEO Made Simple is today's top selling search engine optimization book. Learn SEO with the sixth edition of search engine optimization made simple. This search engine ...more
Published April 25th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about SEO Made Simple (6th Edition), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEO Made Simple (6th Edition)

Start your review of SEO Made Simple (6th Edition): Insider Secrets for Driving More Traffic to Your Website
Michael Fleischner
Getting ranked for your chosen keywords can take a good deal of work, but it's simple. As long as you're open to trying a few new things and applying what you learn, you can dramatically improve your search engine rankings and start benefiting from attracting tons of hungry buyers to your website.

This year's SEO Made Simple Guide has more powerful techniques than ever before. The book has been fully updated to take advantage of Google's latest algorithm changes. In particular, I've updated the
Marvin
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: launch_deck
Very brief and concise primer - great if you are new to SEO. I've noticed that there are also quite a few grammatical and punctuational errors throughout the book.

As SEO is a constantly evolving creature, I would recommend supplementing this book with additional online learning (forums are particularly good for this topic).
Michael Fleischner
This is a fantastic book. Before reading I knew nothing about SEO. This shows you what to do and how to do it. I heard Mike speak at a recent event and learned more in one hour that some of the "gurus" could probably teach you in a life time. The author gives you the information you need without talking down to you and best of all, its very actionable. Looking forward to applying these amazing techniques.
Cyndi
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm new to SEO and was looking for a book that could provide an introduction along with specific techniques. It provided a good foundation and now I'm much more knowledgeable on the different ways to implement SEO.
Michael Fleischner
This is the second, updated version of SEO Made Simple and includes some excellent updates and techniques. If you want to see how to build links effectively and improve search engine results, this is the guide you want.
Jason Galloway
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had one of our employees, Nikki, read this easy to use book to make some changes to our website. I recommend it.
Patrick Pilz
Mar 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
dated and very basic. If you are approaching SEO for the first time, then this book may be the first to blow through to warm up on the topic.
Alicia
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-on-kindle
This book was concise and easy to understand. I liked that the steps listed would be easy for anyone to follow.
Robert Morschel
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short but essential read for anyone wanting to get serious about SEO.
Sean
I'm reserving judgement until I find out if I'm going to be Westfield's next social media/web manager.
Tarun Kothari
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short and comprehensive read! Good for anyone looking for a quick way grasp SEO fundamentals
Mike
Oct 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple tips to improve your standing on search engines. I don't know how well it works yet, but the advice seems to make sense.

Bethany
some great advice for people looking to learn SEO! Lots of ideas to try out!
Diana Weaver
A basic primer on Seo.
Greg
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generally a good book, but it's really outdated in many topics. SEO is changing too fast
Nacho Bassino
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Bastante básico, pero para tener los conceptos generales suma.
Renee
Oct 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work
Simple & easy to follow. Needs to be edited.
Nikki Madigan
This book came out in 2009. Sadly, most of the information is out of date by now in terms of SEO. I recommend checking out other books, though as a quick refresher, this one might be okay.
Alexander Kittilsen
Short but straight to the point on SEO. Ill hang on to this book for future SEO work. ...more
Timothy Michael Lewis
Mar 31, 2017
Joseph Chinnock
Feb 06, 2015
Everett
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life
  • She Takes On The World
  • Mom, Incorporated: A Guide to Business + Baby
  • NOT A BOOK: Katie Daisy 2018 - 2019 On-the-Go Weekly Planner: 17-Month Calendar with Pocket
  • The Water Secret: The Cellular Breakthrough to Look and Feel 10 Years Younger
  • The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-9)
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Wizards and Non-Wizards Alike
  • 30 Days to Social Media Success: The 30 Day Results Guide to Making the Most of Twitter, Blogging, LinkedIN, and Facebook
  • IdeaSelling: Successfully Pitch Your Creative Ideas to Bosses, Clients  other Decision Makers
  • WordPress All-In-One for Dummies
  • Using Wordpress
  • Organize Now!: A Week-by-Week Guide to Simplify Your Space and Your Life
  • You Are My I Love You
  • Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
  • Practical Magic: A Beginner's Guide to Crystals, Horoscopes, Psychics, and Spells
  • The Belly Book: A Nine-Month Journal for You and Your Growing Belly

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“Section One Summary Here’s what you should take away from this section about on-page optimization:         On-page optimization is what you do on your website to influence SERPs on Google.         Doing proper keyword research is the first step to a successful SEO campaign.         Having proper meta tags is essential. Always include your keyword phrase(s) in your meta tags.         The proper meta tags include your title tag, description tag, keywords tag, and robots tag.         Choose your URL carefully. Your URL doesn’t have to have your keyword included but it helps when other sites link to your site. Avoid exact match domains.         How you format your page is important for optimization purposes.         Make sure you design your web pages so Google is forced to read your on-page content first.         Verify that your code is W3C compliant.         Don’t forget to include your keyword phrase(s) in , , and header tags. This signifies the importance of your content to Google.         Label each graphic with an alt tag that includes your keyword phrase.         Place your keyword(s) in the first twenty-five words on your web page and the last twenty-five words on your web page.         Eliminate Flash if it’s the main presentation of your website. Google does not view this favorably.         If you’re going to use JavaScript to enhance the overall visitor experience of your website, place the code in an external file.         Include a sitemap that’s easily accessible by Google. Submit an XML version of your sitemap through Google Webmaster Tools.          Never underestimate the power of internal linking. A good internal linking structure can improve your SERPs.          Keyword development is one of the most important on-page optimization strategies.          Research keywords and competing websites to select ideal keywords.          Research the strength of competing websites before selecting your final keywords using Google PR and authority (ex: number of inbound links).          Page load speed is a significant factor in Google rankings. Ensure that your home page loads more quickly than those of competing ” 0 likes