Start by marking “Sid and Teddy” as Want to Read:
Sid and Teddy

Sid and Teddy

In the tradition of John Green, Gayle Forman, and Rainbow Rowell-The kind of book that requires a box of tissues for all the feels. __________________________ Sid loves Teddy. Sid loves surfing and the history of Mary, Queen of Scots, and her mom. It's just all really complicated. Because Teddy is her best friend. Her mom dies, and Mary might not be the best role model-fat ...more
Published March 23rd 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Sid and Teddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sid and Teddy

Kristen
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love! (contains spoilers)

I really love this book. I was lucky enough to beta read this. I still feel it may be one of Knightly's best (though Bright may be my first favorite by just a hair).

The characters, Mary, the plot. I felt that heartbreak as Sid and her dad are in the hospital and the heartbreak before that when she and Teddy are interrupted by a horrifying phone call.

Knightly captures the feelings of the characters so well. She understands the different ways people handle grief.

***spoi
Kerri
So Much DRAMA! Constant crying, sobbing, spiraling, self-pitying drama! It was all I could do to get through this, praying the whole time it would get better. It didn’t. This book was exhausting. So many angsty tropes wrapped up in a barely-there plot. Seriously, hardly anything happens, except lots and lots of crying. So much crying. Descriptions of people and places are pretty vague outside the title characters, and even they could’ve used more fleshing out. England was a waste. Gavin was a ca ...more
Jodi Woody
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
New author for me, loved the book. (There is sexual content and swearing, nothing graphic. The sexual content is between consenting adults.) Great story of two kids who grew up together. It's told through the eyes of each one, Sid and Teddy. I will be reading more from this author.
I received a free copy of this book from "Instafreebie", with no obligation to review.
Ed Burke
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unique writing style

This was my first read by this author. The book was definitely geared to a young teen demographic but was well written.
Lia *TheBookClubTrio*
Where do I start with this review? This was another YA novel, but unfortunately one I was not a fan of. It was about two best friends, Sid & Teddy, and there was just too much back and forth between them. Another thing that MAJORLY annoyed me was the formatting of the book. It changed chapter (and also POV) every 2 pages. The flow was interrupted frequently that way and it hindered me from getting into the story and connecting with the characters.
Michelle Arehart
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read

I liked this book a lot. 😺. It was a page turned and emotional at times. For a younger teen crowd I would recommend.
Mark
Brooklynn Beyer
Jan 13, 2018
Maggie Hoffman
Feb 27, 2018
H.D. Knightley loves weaving tales about characters who are in way over their head. People faced with huge environmental issues—light-polluted skies, droughts, piles of hoarded things, encroaching water—that rise above and carry on anyway.

She likes a story in which everything is a disaster, yet they kiss in the end, so it's all good.

Her characters are not perfectly strong, more like creatively o