The Putin Interviews: Oliver Stone Interviews Vladimir Putin
Academy Award winner Oliver Stone was able to secure what journalists, news organizations, and even other world leaders have long coveted: extended, unprecedented access to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The Putin Interviews are culled from more than a dozen interviews with Putin over a two-year span--never before ...more
Everything I heard about Putin (before listening to these interviews) was negative. Negative in content and negative in tone. Everything from Swedish radio, US politicians, friends, my family history and of topic comments by Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins et cetera - it all hammers in the message: Russia is the enemy, Putin is the enemy. Only exceptions are Nassim Taleb and Noam Chomsky.
What makes these interviews so good is not what they contain, but what they lack. They do ...more
And check how desperate Oliver Stone sounds in front of a Putin who insists on calling US politicians by "our partners", despite the overwhelming accumulation of US aggressive speeches, US misconducts against Russia and ...more
Stone asks some gritty questions and Putin is so candid in his replies! I def ...more
1. If the U.S. was involved some way in Chechnya war, where's proof? If that's true, then Putin shot his leg with such claims as he had destroyed free press that can investigate it. Only idiots or yesterday born babies would believe what Putin has to say. And he is definitely much smarter than fatty, sleepy Westerners. As I always say, the problem with people's opinions, they make their decisions on too little of the information.
2. Magically became the president. Who da hell you tryin
OS giỏi trong đặt câu hỏi thì VP cũng rất tài ba trong trả lời. Dù OS có phản đối chính sách này kia của Mỹ, thì Mỹ vẫn luôn là người nắm truyền thông, và tiêu chuẩn kép thì vẫn luôn tồn tại với Nga.
Thế giới đa cực hay đơn cực?
The interview is frequently interspersed with "background notes" in a different voice, almost a computer-like reading. I will try to just read the book when I can.
The content is interesting, and important. Putin himself comes off as a reasonable pragmatist, with his greatest interest in solving the probl ...more
Bei all dem, was man in der letzten Zeit über Putin aus Leitmedien gehört hat, fand ich es interessant wie notwendig, seine eigene Sicht der Dinge zu erfahren. Und ich muss sa ...more
A very intellectual and thought provoking look into the world of the Russian Federation through the eyes of it's president. In the times of increased US hysteria surrounding Russia, this book provides a perspective you will not find in the "main stream" media.
Every person remotely interested in world politics or global affairs should read/listen to the interviews.
A Bible for those who believe in Putin as a Saviour, and a quite a dull read for those who see a different picture.
Very interesting series of interviews carried out by Oliver Stone of movie “Platoon” fame, this is a very candid view into the mind of Putin, by some extreme groups he’s portrayed as the anti-Christ or to others the next saviour. Oliver asked many questions and seems Putin has very plausible answers to every single question or suitable diversions. A former KGB agent & now a 4 term Russian leader he is to me a real enigm ...more
Por reproduzir na íntegra as conversas de Putin com Stone, o livro pode se tornar um pouco repetitivo, principalmente nos lomgos monólogos de Putin (uma pergunta de duas linhas muitas vezes recebe uma resposta de 1,5 página). ...more
For example, when asked why they are harboring Snowden, he says that Snowden c ...more
- Định mệnh của ông là gì, thưa ông? Ông có biết không?
- Chỉ Chúa mới biết điều đó. Chỉ Chúa mới biết định mệnh của chúng ta- của anh và của tôi.
- Có lẽ là chết bình yên trên giường?
- Một ngày nào đó chuyện ấy sẽ xảy ra với tất cả chúng ta. Câu hỏi là chúng ta đã đạt được gì vào lúc đó trong thế giới đầy biến động này và liệu chúng ta có tận hưởng cuộc đời mình hay không.