Start by marking “Changing Lines (Harrisburg Railers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Changing Lines (Harrisburg Railers, #1)

Changing Lines

(Harrisburg Railers #1)

Can Tennant show Jared that age is just a number, and that love is all that matters?

The Rowe Brothers are famous hockey hotshots, but as the youngest of the trio, Tennant has always had to play against his brothers’ reputations. To get out of their shadows, and against their advice, he accepts a trade to the Harrisburg Railers, where he runs into Jared Madsen. Mads is

Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 225 pages
Published July 12th 2017 by Love Lane Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Changing Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Lines

BWT (Belen)
2.5 Stars

I'm not going to lie, with the majority of Ten and Jared's relationship being off page, and with quite a bit of the little on page development being not-so-interesting sex, and then the ending it all left me a bit...disappointed.

I am surprised that, even with the dual POV, I don't really feel like I got to know the characters very well, and at 200+ pages I don't really understand why.

The hockey sequences were cool, but it would have been nice to get to know the players a bit better. Lik
DarienMoya
First I’m gonna start off by saying I care nothing for Hockey in RL, and this book didn’t change that. My first time reading R.J Scott with writing partner V.L Locey.

The Story: 3.5 Pants Off

Tennant Rowe is a superstar in the making and when he decides on an up and coming team a few eyebrows were raised. Of course he could have gone with superstar teams most likely to win the Stanley Cup but Ten decides on the Railers with big disapproval from his family, but Ten is a big boy and he’s making hi
Simone
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
***3.5 Stars*** for both, audiobook and story
Elsa Bravante
No le doy rating porque le hago DNF en el 25%, me estoy aburriendo mucho.
Jay
(Originally posted 4 July 2017):
2.5 stars -- Since the blog I review for is participating in the blog tour for this book, I am withholding my non-glowy review until after the book's release, but suffice it to say that I think this book is only okay at best.
---

(Edits posted on 21 July 2017):
Now that it has been more than a week since release, here's the quick-and-dirty:

Changing Lines is my first exposure to either author, RJ Scott and V.L. Locey, and while I didn't have issues with the writing st
Cadiva
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The sign of a good book for me is when the ending comes upon you without you realising you've got through the whole narrative without wondering how long it is.

This book did just that for me. I'm a fan of RJ Scott anyway, this was the first I've read of VL Locey (although I have her Point Shot series on my Kindle waiting to be read) and together they put down a very good ice hockey romance.

I loved the fact there actually was ice hockey in this book! Games happened on the ice, training happened, i
Karen
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Changing Lines’ is the first book in a new series by R.J. Scott and V.L. Locey. While I’m a long time fan of R.J. Scott this is my first time reading anything by Ms. Scott’s co-author V.L. Locey and from the looks of things I’m about to become a fan of this author as well…I’m definitely a fan of this series already.

It’s hockey and I am after all Canadian and a Bruins fan, I’ll explain this shortly. Tennant ‘Ten’ Rowe is one of the 3 brothers who are making a name for themselves on the ice. The
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

An enjoyable read and there was a lot that sparked my interest : a hockey player (yes, I’m quite a fan and there is some hockey here, to my delight) and a Hockey coach, age-gap, family bounds.
I really enjoyed Tennant, such a nice guy, not afraid to go for what he wants and Jared and how he takes care after the one in his life.

But sometimes, my English gets in the way and there were some parts I didn’t get. It’s all on me.

No angst, slow burn, nice and sexy MCs. A pleasant read !! I t
Tpagirl
Changing Lines was the first book in the Harrisburg Railers series by JS Scott. It was not my first book by Scott, but it was my first same sex book by Scott.

Tennant “Ten” Rowe was the youngest brother in a family with three NHL players. Ten was just traded to the expansion team of the Harrisburg Railers. He was excited for a fresh start and knew he would shine.

Jared “Mads” Madsen’s NHL playing career had been cut short due to injury and now he was the D-coach for the Railers. He was known to b
Annery
*4.00 for the AB* // *4.5 for the story*

Baseball is long gone, football season is almost over, and now is the time for hockey. This book will set you right up.

The audio is by Sean Crisden, who I know has legions of fans, and I can see why. I liked the narration very much. The voices for the MCs are clear and distinctly defined, the women are non-campy or cartoonish (which I always fear), in general everything was very pleasant if a bit rushed, and those were my stumbling blocks.

The story is tol
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, ebook
This was a fun start to a new series, and what’s not to love about hot hockey players finding love?

Tennant (or Ten, as he is called) is a talented player, but has always lived in the shadows of others, be it his older (pro hockey playing) brothers, or the star player on his current team. His family doesn’t hesitate to chime in about his life, playing, choices, etc., and when he is traded to new franchise team, instead of a successful NHL team, they have plenty to say. But Ten is just happy to be
Tammy
This couple to me just didn’t mesh very well at all. Ten was too immature and cocky and very free with his old man jokes but when Mads called him kid he got bent out of shape about it. It also seemed so unrealistic how well everyone at work took their relationship plus the families as well. I didn’t hate the read but I also didn’t love it.
Kaje Harper
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-reread, m-m
This is a fun start to a new series, by two authors whose hockey players are among my favorite MCs. Tennant (Ten) is a young player with a ton of talent, sent from a second spot on a top team to fight for first line on an expansion team. His hockey-player brothers add a touch of humor and emotion in their sibling-attempts to both make sure little bro's career is on track and to keep their older sib influence on his life.

Madsen (Mads) coaches the defensemen on the team where Ten winds up. Mads tu
BR11
3.5 stars. It was sweet and I enjoyed Ten and Mads' story. My only complaint is the oversimplification of every challenge these two have to face. This book is 100% drama free, everybody accepts Ten's coming out, everyone is ok with him being with his coach... everything is rainbows and puppies and unicorns and glitter.
SoCalBookReviews
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-owned
5 Stars, Book & Narration

I did not want this book to end. I think that this book was put together well, and if this is what we have to look forward to in the rest of the series, I won’t hesitate to get my hands on the next several books. I think the collaboration between RJ Scott and VL Locey is a definite mark in the win column, this book turned out great and I was sucked in from the first few lines.

Oh, and then add in the fantastic narration by Sean Crisden and this book was basically perf
Alisa

I can't believe I believe I'm going to say these words but "There was way too much hockey in this book". There is an enormous amount of game and practice time in this book and lot's and lot's of plays and strategies. It's obvious the authors love the game and I really appreciate that but when it comes at the cost of character development this it's a no go for me.

This book had a lot of potential. There were a few scenes that were super good. Very emotional and very well done. One of whic
Bitchie
This was cute, but so similar to other books about hockey players,that I'm not sure it'll stick with me for very long.
Tess
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Sweet and low-angst!
Kim
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5/3 stars
I have mixed feelings about this one. I love M/M hockey romance even though I am not a fan of sports in real life. I liked the set up for this story and thought the story line was a good one. A young gay hockey player trying to come out of the shadows and make his own way who ends up with his coach who is also an old family friend. I liked the main characters and the side characters fine and I got annoyed with the antagonists appropriately. The writing styles of these two new authors
Love Is All Around
Adoro lo sport e le serie sugli sportivi! Ne ho praticati alcuni quando ero ragazza, i classici per lo più, come nuoto, pallavolo, calcio, ginnastica, e ovviamente adoro seguire le Olimpiadi in Tv! Ci sono talmente tanti di quegli sport che non passano in prima serata perché considerati minori, ma che hanno un fascino pazzesco, così durante le Olimpiadi faccio il pieno!
Anche se sul ghiaccio me la cavo senza problemi a pattinare, l’Hockey sul ghiaccio mi mancava all’appello!
Per chi non lo conosce
Rachel
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love RJ Scott books, I love V.L Locey books so what a treat to read a book written by them both :) and...it's about hockey...I LOVE books about hockey!! (lots of love going on here)

This is the first book in the Harrisburg Railers series and honestly, I can't wait for more. Ten and Mads are lush, they had me swooning and I really enjoyed watching them fall in love <3 There's some fantastic supporting characters and some I'm desperate for RJ and VL to write a story for (Ryker & Stan). Th
Helena Stone
Before I get into the review proper, I have to be honest and admit that I’m not into ice hockey and know little to nothing about it. While the book is by no means filled with endless amounts of hockey detail, even the bits that were there went straight over my head. They didn’t bore me as such, nor did they pull me out of the story, but I doubt that I would have missed them if they hadn’t been there. But, that’s on me. I guess you’ll have to look at other reviews if you want to know more about h ...more
Natalie
I’ve been reading RJ Scott’s books for years, but V.L. Locey is a new to me author and I was intrigued to see what they’d do with a hockey romance. There was a fair amount of hockey action and I can’t say I understood all of it but it didn’t make too much difference to the story. The first several chapters, with alternate POV’s, did not flow very well and felt somewhat disjointed. Tenant/Ten’s character was given lots of background including his family and their dynamics. Jared/Mads was fleshed ...more
Robin Powers
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love hockey romances so I was pretty excited for a new M/M one. Tennant is a closeted hockey player that is attracted to the defense coach, Mads, his brother's friend. While I got the reasons to keep this hush hush, the taking it at a snail's pace drove me almost as crazy as Ten! I found the relationship between Mads and Ryker to be sweet and heartbreaking at times. Ev...omg! Ev stands for evil. Mads and Ten could almost send me on a sugar overload with how cute their interactions were as they ...more
Amanda
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a solid sport romance that featured Ten, the up and coming raising star of NHL contemplating with being the first out player. Although this is not my first time reading about gay NHL player, I can still feel the fear from Ten's perspective.

Ten is the youngest in the family and with two boisterous and overbearing NHL player older brothers, Ten want to forge his own path away from his brother shadow. Railers is a new team and it might just present an opportunity for Ten to shine.

Jared was
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
This was just okay for me. Mind you "okay" is not a negative rating, not for me anyway. Still, this was too okay for me to actually LIKE it :-/! This definitely wasn't as good as book #4, which I read first. I hope book #2 and #3 are much (MUCH) better than this one was [I own the whole series]!!
ButtonsMom2003
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edited to add comments for my review of the audio book performed by Sean Crisden.
I read this book back in July 2017 when it was first published; a copy of that review is shown below. The only thing I want to add here is how wonderful I thought that Sean Crisden's audio performance was. He conveyed all of the right emotions and made the story come alive for me again. He had me sobbing in places (that means I loved a story and it affected me deeply). I will certainly be listening to the other book
Lauren
4.5 stars rounded up - I am a little sad right now, and that's because I finished this book today (and yes, I realise I also started it today and spent my entire afternoon binge-reading it, so yeah...), and now it's finished and I really want more of this series, but I have to wait for book two!

I enjoyed Ten and Mads' story a lot, but then I knew I would because one of the authors is RJ Scott, and she's a favourite of mine. VL Locey is a new author to me, but one I will certainly be looked out f
Joyfully Jay
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

Changing Lines was a lovely, sweet romance between two protagonists that are impossible to dislike. The writing is smooth and relaxed. It finds an easy rhythm early on and, as a result, the pacing is generally very strong. There is a great deal of hockey talk and while I know nothing about that particular sport, I didn’t have any trouble following along. I give the authors credit for making technical information so accessible. Mads and Ten are wonderful together.
Anu
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so so much love for this book!

Tennant Rowe at 23 is the youngest of three hockey brothers, his older siblings each more famous than the other and Ten is feeling unsettled in their shadow. He feels the need to make a name for himself, prove that he's more than his name. So he chooses a trade to a smaller, up-and-coming team - the Harrisburg Railers.

Jared 'Mads' Madsen is 32 and a coach for the Railers. His own player career was cut short but he seems to thrive as a coach. But with an ex-wife
  • Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • Out in the Field
  • The Unforgiving Minute
  • Winging It
  • Point Shot Trilogy Boxed Set
  • Cold War (Cold War, #1)
  • On the Ice (Stick Side, #1)
  • Noah (Englishmen Stories, #1)
  • Home and Away
  • The Rainbow Clause
  • Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils, #3)
  • Grand Slam
  • Country Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #2)
  • Breathing Snow
  • How To Quit Playing Hockey
  • The Last Day Of Summer
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Harrisburg Railers (9 books)
  • First Season (Harrisburg Railers, #2)
  • Deep Edge (Harrisburg Railers, #3)
  • Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • Last Defense (Harrisburg Railers #5)
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Neutral Zone (Harrisburg Railers, #7)
  • Hat Trick (Harrisburg Railers #8)
  • Save The Date (Harrisburg Railers #9)