Start by marking “Under Midnight Lights: Part Two” as Want to Read:
Under Midnight Lights: Part Two

Under Midnight Lights: Part Two

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Lights on the stage are brighter than ever. But everything in Martina's music box world is getting darker...
Director of the company, Alan Jung, can't seem to pry himself away from his prima ballerina and his demands grow more and more intense, intimate even. Afraid to damage a career she's worked so hard for, and only just begun, Martina is afraid to deny him anything.
Eve
Published June 6th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Under Midnight Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Midnight Lights

Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story captivated me from start and had me needing to know what was going to happen next. The author paints a portrait with her words, I felt as though I were there with the characters watching the scenes unfold. I look forward to reading from this author in the future.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
S.J. Penner
First Impressions: The grammatical issues of the first book were nowhere to be seen in the conclusion of this romance. The story takes off right where we left our two protagonists, and I was immediately sucked right back in. Lewandowski paints beautiful wordscapes, and while I tend to lean towards starker writing styles myself, I can't help but linger on certain sentences to enjoy the lovely structure and poetry.

What I Loved: The things I love about this book are the same as the previous one; th
Judy Robichaud
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
*•.(`*•.(`*•.★.•*).•*).•* *•.(`*•.(`*•.★.•*).•*).•*
If you're looking for an escape from all the madness in the world and love romance and the fine arts, then look no further and delve into the stunning world of the Ballet in "Under Winter Lights (Part 1), and Under Midnight Lights (Part 2) by author, Bree M. Lewandowski.
*•.(`*•.(`*•.★.•*).•*).•* *•.(`*•.(`*•.★.•*).•*).•*

This story takes you inside the life of Martina, a beautiful, shy ballerina and the physical and emotional struggles that go wi
Greta Cribbs
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series took me by surprise by making me love a romance novel. It was able to do that by being much more than just a sweet love story. It's also the story of a young dancer fighting for her career. As it did in the first installment, ballet takes center stage in this book. I loved reading all the details about rehearsals and performances. I even enjoyed reading about the costume fittings. Having started ballet lessons late in life (my mid-thirties) I have a rudimentary unde ...more
Amberlie  Owens
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Teri
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
The love story continues and gets stronger. They overcome obstacles and their love not only flows thru their dance but in their hearts. Jung is worse than ever and shows his hand. This is a beautiful dance of love between these two who acknowledge that a dancer's life is like no other. While Jung tries to keep the couple apart others are trying to help them. Now all they have to do is work out how they can be together.

There isn't as much technical input about dance so this part of the story is
Dawn Rivera
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This ending for Martina and Maraav left me happy and somewhat predictable.
As with book 1 had the author seperated the educational lessons on Chicago and dance and just stuck to writing the story of Martina and Maraav this would have been a sold 4-5 star read but instead I struggle with giving it 4* feeling it's a 3-4 star read!
*** I feel in both book 1 and this book the author got to caught up on explaining things --- almost like reading / writing a book report on things for school with a beauti
Marzie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
After reading Part One, I have to say that I was disappointed in Part Two, in which the oh, so fragile heroine Martina (who continues to stutter whenever she is talking to someone in a position of power) still relies on Prince Charming to save her from the big bad wolf. The ballet world continued to be the best part of this duology. I just wish the author would give us a stronger and better evolving heroine, and a hero whose solution to problems with other men isn't anger and physical fighting. ...more
Andrea Miles
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story picks up right were the other one left off. This beautiful love story unfolds. The way Bree writes this book makes you feel as if you are right there. Loved the story line for Martina and Maraav and the ending for both of them. You could feel the passion and the love shared by Martina and Maraav. Seeing the ballet in a different light shows how difficult it is to achieve your dreams in that cut throat world. Once I started reading could not put it down. A must read for everyone. Bravo ...more
Monica
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh goodness me! I thought I liked the first one! I absolutely LOVED it! Sweet and perfect ending. I really enjoy her writing! I'm not too much into the CR genre but sometimes you find that jewel and this is it for me! Pulls at your heart and you just feel what they do. Kept me on my toes especially with the Alan thing. I really felt she took me on a ride...a ballet magical ride. Ok...I cant say enough and I dont wanna spoil it for others. You'll love it! Its emotional so I will warn ya there. Fo ...more
Barbara Gartman
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As with book one I was impressed with how easily I was sucked in. Under Midnight Lights starts off right where we left Martinia and Maraav. Book two was definitely an emotional roller coaster for me. There were a couple of times I even needed a tissue. I absolutely enjoyed this book. I can't really put into words what I feel for this one. All I can say is you must read it to understand. I highly recommend reading Under Midnight Lights!
Sue
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Find out if Maraav and Martina have their happily ever after or if Alan will succeed in keeping them apart forever. The author weaves a lovely tale of love and subterfuge intertwined with the beauty of ballet. I found myself looking up ballets and pas de deux so I could totally envision the story and the main characters as they found love together through their dance.
Staci
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Agonizing depths of sacrifice made for Ballet.
The strength of spirit necessary for success in this art is profound. After finishing these books I am enamored again. The story had me in tears, angry, laughing, and rejoicing. Yet my words are inadequate to explain. It simply must be read to understand.
Co
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this ballet book. Martina the ballerina works hard for what she wants. Yet she has Alan and Maraav both showing interest in her. What will she do? You need to read to see what happens with these three.
Amanda Williams
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely stunning piece of work
Stephanie Colman
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second book in this series is intense yet has a softer side. It immerses you in the world of ballet.
Bunni Crawford
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Beautiful ending. Intense, dark, everything. A must read, highly recommend. I'll never think of ballet quite the same. Just, wow!
Lucy-May
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, owned, romance
Despite this book being a sequel, it was in a world of its own. Bree's writing is on a different level from what it was during the first book & she managed to write a story of pure tension, passion & fear. The ending was incredibly dark & shocking, with the whole book having a totally different feel from the first. Bree has done herself proud & I can't wait for her next book!

You can find my extended review here:
Ally
Shannon
Nov 20, 2017
Morilyn
Nov 20, 2017
I love pasta and I can't swim. Three furry babies keep me company along with a husband. My day job is filled with music and movement as a dance teacher.
More about Bree M. Lewandowski...