Start by marking “Best Laid Plans” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans

(Madaris Family Saga #22)

Love wasn’t supposed to be a part of the deal…

Even a famed matchmaker like Nolan Madaris’s great-grandmother can’t get it right every time. Nolan, the notorious fun-loving ladies’ man, could never connect with someone as straitlaced as tech whiz Ivy Chapman. Yet the scheme Ivy proposes is tempting—they can pretend to be a couple, just long enough to satisfy their families.
Published February 27th 2018 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.
Bigedsgirl1 Lee and Carly are in A Madaris Bride For Christmas

Start your review of Best Laid Plans
.Under the pages
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review up on the blog: Under the pages

description
Somia
Nolan Madaris’s famed matchmaker great-grandmother and Ivy Chapman's grandmother have decided Nolan and Ivy would be perfect for each other, something both disagree with, fed up with it all, they agree to pretend to date for a bit in an attempt to escape the laser focus of said grandparents, what neither count on is the attraction that refuses to be ignored. Some good chemistry between the two, although sometimes how things were articulated didn't always work for me.

There's a side plot with Ivy'
Ann
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading stories that have a family matriarch matchmaking with her friends to marry off the next generation. This story follows that formula but has several twists to keep you wondering how this will get to the expected conclusion. Nolan watches the rest of his cousins getting married and starting families and is now like a deer in the headlights of his great-grandmother. Ivy isn't interested in marriage either but her grandmother is good friends with Nolan's great-grandmother. Computer t ...more
Isha Coleman
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Laid Plans sets out to seduce with cunning women, alpha males, hot romance and a hint of suspense. This time around Mama Laverne sets her sights on Nolan and with a little help from her family and friends, just may get her wish. Ivy and Nolan take readers on a tempting chase of danger, romance and stubbornness. What begins as a meeting of the minds turns into a lesson in love. Count on Brenda Jackson to deliver a lesson in family while writing an epic love song along the way.
SassyMama
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
HUGE fan of the Madaris series...Great-Grandma Laverne is up to her usual “tricks” with matchmaking and she’s set her sights on hooking up Nolan and Ivy Chapman...but they’re both determined to make their own decisions regarding their love life and set out to teach Granny and Nana (Ivy’s grandma) a lesson...however in pretending and trying to teach their meddling elders a lesson they discover they have a lot in common and a whole lot of chemistry...will they continue to fight their attraction or ...more
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Mama Laverne is back at it and she pulls out all the stops to get Nolan and Ivy together. They try to fight it by coming up with a plan, but they fail. They gain each other. I loved how they were honest with each other about their feelings. Another great Madaris story.
Bri
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and steamy read. I'm a fan of Brenda Jackson's writing because her characters are interesting, fun, and Black. My only complaint with this one is that there are SO many people in the Madaris family that it was hard to keep up. Too many couples who didn't really play an important role in the story. I was also annoyed that despite her independence and intelligence, Ivy still had the mentality of dressing to impress men instead of owning her own style. Overall it was a good read; I ...more
Tia
Deb
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mama Laverne is at it again…
Cassandra Jerido
Great book!

I couldn’t put it down. Brenda Jackson is a wonderful storyteller. She just draws you in, until the last page.
Karen Taylor
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot hot hot!

What a turn of events in this story. Exciting, hot and breath taking. Lust turned to love even when they both thought it would never happened. You must read this book because the passion just flows of the pages.
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed on Bewitching Bibliophile

Y'all are used to me saying when it's a fave author I don't even read the synopsis, I one click and keep it moving. and when I got approved I did a happy dance. This one isn't part of the Westmoreland Clan it's one of her other series the Madaris family saga and I'm just as in love with it. This one is a great romantic story filled with comedy, hints of suspense, meddling elders and children who think they can outsmart them at their game.

I really en
Dafort
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
CONCEPT
Attempt to foil a matchmaking plan backfire when the heart gets involved.
STORY
Love wasn’t supposed to be a part of the deal…
But someone forgot to clue in their hear
Books and Spoons
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sensual, adorable, and eloquent romance that had me swooning and sighing from one moment to the other.
I have said it before yet it bears to be repeated: Brenda Jackson can tell a story that seduces the mind and heart of the reader while the tale smoothly flows off the pages.
The Madaris family is a known and established book series, yet it was easy to jump into the story even if you haven't met the family before. The binding love, loyalty, and commitment the whole extended family has for each
Lovey Dovey Books
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Published on Lovey Dovey Books

Brenda Jackson welcomes readers back into the world of the Madaris family. Its matriarch, Mama Laverne, is ready to setup her great-grandson Nolan with his perfect match. But Nolan Madaris and Ivy Chapman have other ideas. They decide to act like a couple madly in love to beat her Nana and Mama Laverne at their own game!

Best Laid Plans is a sultry and fun read! Ivy and Nolan try so hard to resist the chemistry between them and the lengths they go through to fool the
Debra Guyette
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nolan Madaris's great-grandmother is a fantastic matchmaker, having made many successful matches. And while that may be true, Nolan is determined that he will not be one of them. He plans on remaining single and care-free. He knows straight-laced tech whiz Ivy Chapman is not for him. Ivy could not agree more, but she also knows that the relatives will never give up. She proposes a scheme where they pretend to be a couple to get them off their backs. Later they can break up and return to their re ...more
Crystal
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mama Laverne and Ms. Helen have been friends for years, ever since the first time Mama Laverne had a parent-teacher conference with Ms. Helen about one of her sons. Now, they are working together to bring Mama Laverne’s great grandson Nolan together with Ms. Helen’s granddaughter Ivy.
Neither Nolan nor Ivy want to be pushed into a relationship. When the pair is manipulated by the family and end up at the same house at the same time for a week, they come up with a foolproof plan to push back. They
Badass Lioness
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!  Two intelligent, attractive people are being set up by their matchmaking great grandmother and grandmother. To outsmart them, they come up with "best laid plans" of faking falling in love and dating to prove their relatives wrong. It is a common romance trope done fairly well here. If you like the fake boyfriend/girlfriend storyline, I think that you will like this one.

I really liked Nolan and Ivy. Both graduated from MIT and had their own companies at young ages. She is a profession
Dj
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love wasn’t supposed to be a part of the deal…Even a famed matchmaker like Nolan Madaris’s great-grandmother Mama Laverne can’t get it right every time. Nolan, the notorious fun-loving ladies’ man, could never connect with someone as straitlaced as (tech whiz) Ivy Chapman. Yet the scheme Ivy proposes is tempting—they can pretend to be a couple, just long enough to satisfy their families. But someone forgot to clue in their hearts What happens, though, when Ivy’s plan to get her relatives off her ...more
Konny
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best Laid Plans by Brenda Jackson is part of the Madaris Family and Friends Series.
Meet Nolan Madaris and Ivy Chapman. Both are successful business man/ owner , not man in Ivy´s case. She´s all woman, a bit geekish, brilliant, bohemian beauty, woman.
Both their grannies are determined to set them up and meddle heavily to get them together. Nolan and Ivy have no chance at escaping. First they´re strictly opposed to aforementioned plans, only that changes over time and they become more.
Best Laid Pl
Kari Hansen
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nolan has watched the single family members around him fall victim to the matchmaking skills of his great-grandmother but he is about to prove that she isn’t always right.

Ivy’s experience with men has shown that they are not to be trusted and she is better off being single. She will ensure that she resists her grandmother’s matchmaking plans no matter how sexy Nolan is.

In order to appease their families Nolan and Ivy agree to pretend to be together but will they be able to deny their attraction
Kate Vale
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
First of the Madaris Family series, in which we meet Nolan Madaris and Ivy Chapman. When a great-grandmother wants her great-grandson married off before she dies, look out. When a grandmother wants her granddaughter happily married, be careful. When both old ladies get together, do the adult children they love have a chance? Neither Nolan nor Ivy is looking to get married, but when they are thrown together on a tropical island, you know what's likely to happen. And it does.

Then add in an ex-boyf
Kaci Stewart
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first book by Brenda Jackson but it won't be my last. I will say that all the brothers and sisters and grandaunts and great grandmothers was a bit confusing at times but overall it wasn't to difficult to follow. Ivy and Nolan are an amazing couple. They are great together and their love is palatable. Normally in these types of books both parties try to purposely sabotage their love even though they know they're made for each other. But Brenda took it a different direction. They never hurt eac ...more
Melissa
This is one of the books in the Madaris Family & Friends series. I love books that you have an interfering grandmother or great grandmother. I knew this book would grabbed me from page 1 and would not let me go until the very end. Nolan & Ivy thinks they can out scheme their great grandmother and grandmother. When you put two people together like this, something will get complicated!!

This was my first book by this author and it won't be my last. I found a new to me author!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5
CaroMommie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
If this is your first book that you read of hers, it’s an ok read, but if you’ve gone through her catalogue, this was cringe worthy.

I lost count of how many times ‘great grandmother’ was used. Along with ‘swept her into his arms’, and really, who goes around saying ‘hey Great Uncle Jake’? Slanting and crashing ones mouth was beat to death also.

The first half the book was spent with their desire, their needing and wanting. It was unbelievably cheesy. I couldn’t believe it was Brenda who was writ
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Celeste
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fate has it's purpose and will always be fulfilled

Nolan and Ivy, brought together via the meddling of grand parents. You'll appreciate the added element of mystery as Ivy's ex Damien enters the picture. You'll love how the family comes together when crisis arises. Having the ability to revisit with other Madris family members and friends. What's even more endearing is the friendship between Ivy and Tessa. Everyone needs a champion and a great best friend. The story reads smoothly and you'll root
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEWER: LINDSEY
RATING: 4.5 STARS
Loved this story . It held me captivated and interested. Ivy and Nolan were great loveable characters that drew me into their world . I got lost in their story and loved every second of it . I knew this story was going be great and so worth reading. The story was very well written ,the characters warm and loveable, and the plot good. This has to be one of my favorite books by Ms.Jackson . This roller-coaster ride of love and matchmaking is so worth reading. I lo
Vondetta Carter
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nolan Madaris has determined to not allow his Grandmother pick his wife even though she has a near perfect record. Ivy Chapman's grandmother is a "great friend" of Mama Laverne. At times this story is hilarious in how two Senior Citizens orchestrate their interactions. However, very quickly Nolan "the player" is getting hooked in the plan he and Ivy put together. They find they have much in common.
However, a blast from Ivy's past tries to use her to do something totally against who she is.
Ms. J
Tigger
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really thinking that I should rate this 3.75 stars.

I could not wait for this book, then it was finally here

I have read all of Brenda Jackson books all except two

Usually I read her books in one day, even if that means staying up all night

Best Laid Plans for me went this way, started to read it, and it was slow, tried to hang in there until chapter seven then finally gave up and skipped to chapter thirteen, then I was into their story and loved the book from that point on.
Can not wait for th
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• With Your Permission (In The Heart Of A Valentine #5)
  • Still Loving You (The Grays of Los Angeles, #5)
  • In Pursuit of You (In The Heart of A Valentine #6)
  • Vindicated (Atlanta's Finest #2)
  • One Unforgettable Kiss (The Taylors of Temptation, #2)
  • For Always (The Donovan Friends, #7)
  • The Heart Always Wins (The Heart Series Book 7)
  • Unforgettable (The Johnson Family #1)
  • Wild Thoughts (Brooks Family Book 3)
  • The Rules (Johnson Family #4)
  • King of Hearts (High Stakes #2)
  • A Risqué Engagement (In the Heart of a Valentine #2)
  • Do Over (Brooks Family Book 2)
  • Savannah's Secrets (The Bourbon Brothers, #1)
  • Let Me Show You (McClain Brothers #3)
  • Awaken Me (Holmes Brothers, #6)
  • Enough (Falling for a Rose, #2)
  • #Blessed By Malakai (To Marry a Madden #1)
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom

Madaris Family Saga (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Tonight and Forever (Madaris Family Saga #1)
  • Whispered Promises (Madaris Family Saga #2)
  • Forever Mine (Madaris Family Saga #3)
  • Eternally Yours
  • One Special Moment
  • Fire and Desire
  • Essence of Desire (Madaris Family Saga #7)
  • Secret Love