Start by marking “Into the Night (Killer Instinct #3)” as Want to Read:
Into the Night (Killer Instinct #3)

Into the Night

(Killer Instinct #3)

Two FBI agents are caught in a merciless vigilante’s crosshairs in New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Eden’s electric Killer Instinct series

Lives will be ravaged as two FBI agents confront a mastermind serial murderer in New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Eden’s new Killer Instinct novel

Sheltered in the shadows of the Smoky Mountains is the suspect who’s summ
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published December 26th 2017 by HQN (first published December 18th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Night

Alex ♈

I wanted my 1st read in 2018 to be a good one.
I got a very good one 😉

Amazing heroine. Strong, smart, brave.
Loved her!

Good suspense. Great characters.

Well, happy new year to me 😎
Natalie The Biblioholic
This was my first time reading something from Cynthia Eden and I’m wondering why it’s taken me so long. I was utterly spellbound from start to finish. I was wrapped up not only in the stories of the heroes, the brave men and women of the BAU of the FBI, but I was also stuck in the minds of the killers. This story was bold and refreshingly unique and you better believe I’ll be diving into more of these books!

♥Rachel♥
Bowen and Macey are partners in Samantha Dark’s unique FBI profiling division, and so even though they’re attracted to each other they’ve kept their relationship professional. That’s about to change when Macey’s dark past becomes their latest case. Emotions that Macey’s been able to lock down and control come churning up and she turns to Bowen for comfort and oblivion, giving in to that powerful sexual pull between them.

Bowen’s crazy about Macey, but his own dark past and Macey’s reaction has h
Yellagirlgc
An FBI team made up of victims, family & lovers of serial killers was a different twist.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

She felt as if she’d shattered into a million pieces and then been put together all wrong.

I just want to fall asleep in your arms and know that, for a few moments, I’m safe. Because that’s what you are to me, Bowen… You’re my safety in a storm.

My Review:

I fell right into this intense and intriguing story during its extremely powerful and harrowing prologue. I felt gripped by my hair and the tension in my neck did not relent until the last chapter. This was my first time reading C
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
I was happy when this was delivered on my kindle.
~Safe.
~Strong, vulnerable and smart heroine.
~A good hero.

“The only thing these scars should do is tell you how strong you are.”

Can't wait to read what's next.
Dri ✰
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
★ 4 stars!!! ★

“Because predators didn’t always walk on four legs. The most dangerous predator...he walked on two.”

Ah ah ahhhhhhh!
Mal terminei e já estou com saudade desse povo!
Eu quero maisssssssssssss!!!! ❤❤❤

“You’ve always been the one I chose.”

Eu adooooro demais essa série, os personagens, a narrativa... TUDO!!!!❤❤❤
E pra variar, devorei esse livro! O enredo me prendeu demais!
Amei rever Samantha & Tucker!!!

“You’re my safety in a storm.”

Ressaquinha básica batendo aqui! <3

Anne Boleyn's Ghost
4.5 stars.

The book cover is finally representative of the lead! FINALLY!

I am probably more excited than is healthy, but Cynthia Eden's Killer Instinct series is thisclose to my ideal romantic suspense series. Smart, riveting, and sexy, it features complex and intriguing characters and a serious creep factor that will keep devotees of serial killer thrillers engaged. Simply put, they are good books. And I want good covers for good books, you know?

All has been quite on the series front since Janua
Dísir
I sometimes feel for authors who love writing murder mysteries, since these perennially suffer from the inability to hold their readers’ interest, particularly when the cases meld into one another and they stop standing out, even with excellent writing and atmosphere-creation. Throw some romantic suspense in it and the whole story becomes electrified, but that problem of keeping things fresh remains.

Cynthia Eden’s ‘Killer Instinct’ series is strange one that keeps going under the radar for me,
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I’m a longtime fan of Eden’s work; but even I am disappointed in a story on occasion. The premise here is good, a serial killer targeting serial killers; but somehow it just didn’t work for me. For one thing, I’ve been experiencing psychological serial killer overkill lately. It’s like that’s the only crime that the FBI investigates in the world of RS books. Then there is the trope of the killer targeting the person investigating the crime. I don’t care for that, and it’s also been overused in t ...more
Lynsey A
I love Cynthia Eden's romantic suspense books. She is a very good suspense writer and can keep the reader on their toes guessing and wondering what will happen next. It's only been one or two books where I figured out the killer. This one will keep you guessing and have you hoping you are wrong about the killer. :)

The romance was well done too but I've enjoyed better from her. Great read!

Quotes & Faves:

“You’re mine, Macey.” His words had never seemed rougher or more possessive.

“I want to
Marta Cox
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Another twisting story about FBI profilers who have all been brought together due to their own pasts that connected them in some way to serial killers. Some are victims whilst others on the team are predators but all now share a burning desire for justice.
Macey survived the diabolical 'The Doctor'and hoped he was dead but now it appears he is once again practicing his nefarious tortures . As she knows his opus operandi only too well Macey is sent to Gatlingburgh with her partner Bowen to investi
Cheri
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great suspenseful mystery in this series. Twists and turns, romance, sex, and many who dunnit characters to keep the reader guessing. I never figured it out until very near the last page.
Shahla's World
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

The romance was well done too but I've enjoyed better from her. Great read!
Kristen
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Cynthia Eden's Into the Night, the third installment in the Killer Instinct romantic suspense series, this twisted tale will make your head spin and give you whiplash in the ending. For FBI Agent Macey Night, she was the only survivor of Dr. Daniel Haddox's twisted crimes and lived to tell about it. Now as an agent for Agent Samantha Dark's profiler team, it would take her wits and her determination to deal with the most serial crimes. To help her fight the pain from the past, she became invo ...more
Ann Lorz
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

There are certain books that you read that seem to take you awhile to get into, and then there are those you jump right in and seconds (only feels that way) later you are done with them. Into to the Night is one of those you jump right in and you are done in seconds. (again, only feels that way)

I've been waiting for this book because I was drawn to Bowen. There was just something about him that I needed to know more
Cindy ~
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Cynthia Eden at her best.. A total page turner with a killer that stayed many steps ahead as he not only profiled his victims but also the team hunting him.

Interesting twist that a vigilante serial killer was killing serial killers. Definitely got your fill of twisted through out this book. And even though some things were obvious there were twist a plenty that kept you on your toes at guessing what was going on.

One of the things I've liked about all of these books is finding out how e
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Into the Night continue the stories of a team of special FBI profilers. Each book focuses on a different crime and a different couple so they are stand alones. However, if you like one book, you will enjoy them all! Imagine Criminal Minds and add in 2 of the agents in a steamy romance and you have the Killer instincts series!

All the agents have some tie to a serial killer-previous boyfriend, family member, victim. In this case Macey is the only surviving victim of 'The Doctor'. When it looks li
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
3.5 rounded up
Macey was the only survivor of "The Doctor." She was a doctor turned FBI agent to hunt killers. Bowen's girlfriend was the victim of a serial killer. He found, hunted that killer, and saved the next victim. He is now also part of the same FBI profiling task force.
There is a serial killer hunting serial killers (with collateral damage). Macey and Bowen are tasked with hunting the killer down. I liked how everything was linked together and the conclusion; it wasn't a simple who-done
Michele
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Into the Night was a dark romantic suspense with lots of curves in the road while I figured out who the killer was. I had my suspicions, but Cynthia Eden threw in a few surprises that kept me glued to the pages right through to the end.

I feel like every time I read a book by Cynthia Eden I ask myself why I don’t read more romantic suspense. (lol) I just get so caught up in the exciting stories she spins, with all the plot twists and her deeply flawed but
Hannah
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Book three of Cynthia Eden's Killer Instinct series. It a fantastic series about a department inside the the FBI that tracks down serial killers, each agent involved has had an up close and personal encounter with one. The lead in this group Samantha Dark was dating one, another member's brother was one, in this book Macey Night was the lone survivor of serial killer who was a colleague and friend. Even though she gave him a life threatening wound and the authorities presumed him dead
CLM
Dr. Macey Night came close to being a serial killer's victim - targeted for her unusual, two different colored eyes - and later joined the FBI to find the monster who terrorized her. Can she do it before she becomes prey again? Here is a link to my review:

Nomims
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

The plot of this book was a bit twisted and going in every way but it was fun trying to understand what the hell was going on. As usual great characters, especially the women who are always strong. The men seems a bit made in the same clothes yet their past are interesting too.

Even if i guessed pretty quickly who might be the killer, i was still totally in the book because the ending is always a surprise between how and why !

A good serie with a good plot and heavy atmosphere, like a good
Yvonne
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Really enjoyable romantic suspense.
Sara Strand
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read book two, I have yet to read book one, but it's OK because while this is book three in the series, it's a stand alone. You'll be fine if you jump in right here! In this book we start with Macey Night, strapped to a table about to be the next victim of her co-worker who is a bizarre serial killer. Fast forward a few years and Macey has quit her job as a doctor and has started a career in the FBI, determined to find her attacker and bring him to justice. She gets a lead on his whereabouts a ...more
Pam Kinsey
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I must confess the longer that Cynthia Eden writes romantic suspense the more I fall in love with her writing. She always has strong and smart heroines and Macey is no exception. Macey started out as a Dr. and when attacked she decided to be an FBI agent and help others that way. She has issues, but who wouldn't when they were targeted by a serial killer who she happened to know and work with. She's determined that no-one will ever get the better of her again. And she is also resolute in her sin ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** ARC provided by the author for an honest review ***

What happens when the FBI profiler becomes the profiled target of a killer? That is the question in Into the Night by Cynthia Eden. I felt paranoid but how realistic these situations seemed. I did not feel safe at all while reading this book.

The "Profiler", a murderer that profiles his victims has set his sights on the FBI agents that are searching for him. Macey Night wants to catch this killer more than anyone. He brings her worst fears to
Shelee at Book Reader Chronicles
Suspenseful and riveting, Into the Night was a thrilling romantic suspense story filled with many twists and turns. With Eden's signature mind for twisted characters and their reigns of terror, readers will not only fall in love with Bowen and Macey's fierce connection with one another, but also their fast-paced fall into a serial killer's trap that is seemingly both personal and highly skilled.

In a series where each novel can stand completely on its own, there's nothing repetitive about the c
Becky
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phew--another edge-of-your-seat read in this series!

Into the Night is a romantic suspense with many twists and turns...and then a few more twists thrown in, just for good measure. I lost track of how many side characters gave me creepy vibes (but yay, I was right about two of those creepy-vibe-givers, at least partially!) and whoa, so. Many. Murders. (and abductions. Those numbers were right up there too.) Seriously, this book was pretty relentless.

I'm not sure when Macey and Bowen even had tim
  • Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead (Deadly Games, #3)
  • Twisted (Harp Security, #1)
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • Sworn to Protect (Red Stone Security, #11)
  • Black Diamond (Wilds of the Bayou, #2)
  • Cold Hearted (Cold Justice, #6)
  • Mercy (Beartooth, Montana, #5)
  • Silent Night
  • Hidden Prey (Deadly Intent, #1)
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
  • Deadly Deception (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #2)
  • Free Fall (Elite Force, #4)
  • At the Edge (Alpha Crew, #1)
  • Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3)
  • Aftershock (Aftershock, #1)
  • In His Sights (Sugarland Blue, #3)
  • Kiss Marry Kill (Iron Clad Security, #1)
  • Obsessed
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love

Killer Instinct (3 books)
  • After the Dark (Killer Instinct, #1)
  • Before the Dawn (Killer Instinct, #2)
“That was a coping mechanism that psychopaths often used. They didn’t feel the way normal individuals did, so they just mimicked the behavior. They acted as if they got angry, as if they were hurt, as if they loved. But it was all just acting.” 0 likes