Start by marking “When Life Happened” as Want to Read:
When Life Happened

When Life Happened

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  4,135 Ratings  ·  793 Reviews
Parker Cruse despises cheaters. It might have something to do with her boyfriend sleeping with her twin sister. After a wedding day prank involving a strong laxative, that ends the already severed relationship between the twins, Parker decides to grow up and act twenty-six.

Step One: Move out of her parents' house.

Step Two: Find a job. Opportunity strikes when she meets h
Published May 31st 2017 by Jewel E. Ann

To ask other readers questions about When Life Happened, please sign up.

Kapri Well... I think is bittersweet... At least I felt it like that :')

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆

I loved it and hated it and liked it and disliked it and enjoyed it and loathed it and admired it and detested it.

But most of all, I adored it.

And I didn’t shed a tear, I swear.

I did, however, at one point feel miserable, moping around wanting to lock myself within the four walls, burry my head under the pillow, wishing everybody would leave me alone.

But I also felt happy.

And ecstatic.

I won’t say a word about the story. My lips are sealed.

What I should probably tell you is to dive into thi
Jewel Ann
Mar 16, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
When Life Happened audiobook
When Life Happened is available now in AUDIO!

Audio Buy Links

Buy Links

Amazon US
Amazon UK

When Life Happened teaser

>> Read Chapter one now <<

“You … you tried to seduce me.” Anger fueled her fight, overriding how terrified she felt being feet from naked Gus.

He laughed. That fed her anger even more.

“I wasn’t seducing you. I was making a point.” He slipped on a white T-shirt.

“Bullshit. I w
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
**Major spoilers**

With all due respect, this story was manipulative af; more than this, the author displayed a patent lack of empathy for the characters and the readers.

Parker, our female lead, finds "true love" with not one but two men all in the space of six weeks. It was definitely a case of insta-love/insta-lust, also the turnover rate (and pace) of the love interest was alarming.

Gus, Parker's first love interest, died in a car accident along with his wife. This occurred right about the sa
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦We all are born, raised and then we're free to do whatever. Some people find their calling... an awesome job they excel at... successful career... that one special person.... and a happily ever after.

➦But for the rest of us mortals... let's just say, life isn't as accommodating.

➦It's not all rainbows and unicorns. We fuck up.

➦And sometimes shit just happens.

➦But we pick ourselves up and keep going.

➦We do all have one thing in common, though. We will all die.

➦lol. sorry. What I want to say is
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo Untitled_zpslfbjb5kk.jpg

WHEN LIFE HAPPENED: is a standalone romance novel by Jewel E. Ann.

An unconventional meeting between two neighbours had me giggling uncontrollably, twenty=six year old Parker Cruse has finally cut the apron strings and has left home at last, it may not be suburbs over from her parents house but right across the street into her grandfather's old farmhouse, just a stone's throw away.

photo 18451343_1378948088860421_3890257753243263668_o_zps9xiyvj0f.png

Whilst enjoying her first night of freedom witho
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
5 "Today is my favorite day." Stars

photo 05F08142-C36B-4BA0-8992-A77306E2B1E2_zps9m15umoj.gif

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because literally everything about this book is a spoiler and I don't trust myself to not give away a thing. So here's my advice- READ. THIS. BOOK. Don't go searching for reviews because, rest assured, come release day they'll become riddled with plot spoilers. Experience this journey for Parker and how Life Happened for her. It's chock full with life experiences and lessons learned, often the hard way, for a twenty-somet
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-safe, 3-5-star
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: Well, this is a really tough book to review without spoiling. It's not going to be my typical review, but if there is anything you feel like you have to know -- pm me. That being said...I think it's definitely a book better read without knowing spoilers going in! I saw a few of my GR friends say this same thing in their reviews, and I'm glad I followed their advice and essentially went in blind (so thank you ladies!). I don't think this is a safe read as it does have c
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The truth doesn't always set you free, and lies are not always deception."

WOW, fantastic!!!
Well done Mrs. Ann, well done!
This book wasn't what I expected but was so good.
This is very frustrating there are so many good things I want to say about the characters and the story but I can't because well I don't want to spoil it.
But what I will say is, as in all her books the author wrote a kickass heroine and the storyline is so unique and unexpected.
I loved that I couldn't predict the path of
Dee Montoya
6+++++ ~You're The Ballad Of My Life Stars~

Never have I ever read a book by author Jewel E. Ann and not have been blown away by her talent, and this one was no exception. She always bring us unique stories that make our hearts pump fast, our skins tingle and our brains explode. This author is the real deal. <3

photo F5E1EFBB-BE27-435E-84E6-D912DB8C84F2_zpsfykigh59.jpg

This book is about a girl who used to make plans, and organize her life to the very last detail but When Life Happened her plans were destroyed to smithereens, leaving her with nothing
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
free glitter text and family website at

This story snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I was expecting a laugh out loud storyline with my morals being compromised because who doesn’t love that? I was expecting to say goodbye to what I consider as a “normal” read. I was expecting a little bit of angst and a whole bunch of scorching sexiness and I’m happy to report that I got all of those things. But do you know what else I got? A mini fucking stroke that left me wondering if I was seeing things that weren’t there.

“Not a all t
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
dnf @49%

I absolutely love this authors work, but unfortunately this particular story, and it's unexpected twist, is not my cup of tea.

Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
When Life Happened is one of Jewel E. Ann’s strongest novels to date, and that’s really saying something. I’ve been a huge fan of her masterful storytelling, so it should not come as a surprise that this addictive book left me conflicted and entirely enthralled.

Don’t let the super cute cover fool you into thinking this is a lighthearted read. There are quite a few comedic elements interwoven, but this is first and foremost an angst-filled contemporary romance about self-discovery and forgiveness
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
One thing I've come to learn from reading books by Jewel E. Ann is that she doesn't play safe or writes the same ol' predictable love story. She challenges me every single time, she surprises me even pisses me off royally but that's exactly why I read. I love different, risks and a story which has a purpose. When Life Happend encompasses all of that.

Go in blind! That's what I did and boy was I in for a treat. I can't tell too much about the story because then I'll give too much away. All I can s
Olga therebelreader
DNF @ 48%...
I thought I was going to like this one. It started off fine and all. And then everything fell apart. Yes, that dramatic. Not recommended.
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
oh, fuckity fuck...
*covers her eyes with the palms of her hands*

God dammit!!!!

It made me think too much on the things that usually make me so pissed off and I don't condone...and it made me look into the gray area on the subjects I don't give a rats ass worth in the first place...

God dammit!!!!

There were so many issues i didn't like, in fact I hated them...I hated the characters' actions, thoughts and less credible justifications...

And that made me mad...cause I couldn't see the justification, I
Damn, this is so hard to review without giving away any spoilers, gah! When Life Happened left me exhausted and conflicted because it's a total 5 star read for me yet it isn't because after "The Event" that happened half way (that gutted and pissed me off by the way) I kind of lost interest. Then the book took on a whole new spin and I was all in again, yet didn't want to be because of what happened the first half of the book. Shit, I'm talking in freaking code here lol.

There are a couple of tri
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
(view spoiler) ...more
Kate Stewart
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
************INFINITE STARS!!***********
I still can't wrap my head around this experience, because that was what this book was, a total EXPERIENCE. Please just go in blind, forget any preconceived notions about what you think this might be and just go with it. I say it every single time, but Jewel is one of the most gifted indie authors out there and she has once again outdone herself. BRAVO!!!
Incredible! I do not know if Jewel E. Ann is crazy or brilliant, but this book is amazing. I'm not even able to write review for it. There is no word to say that would describe all these feelings, you just have to read it.

And I really could end up on that, because when you have to write a review for the book, that you tag as 5-stars-is-not-enough then what more to say? For me, is the best book of the year, so far. I know some people are doing DNF, but really, I know what you feel, I know with wh
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
2.5 Stars

I'm feeling really disappointed. I love Jewel E. Ann...I really do. Undeniably You is one of my favorite reads of 2015. That book still makes me emotional years later. I love her characters. They're are always different and refreshing. And this book was no different. I fell in love with Parker. She was spunky, no-filter, crazy but cool girl next door sort of heroine. I loved the hero Gus. He was just so real and I found myself falling for him more and more.

But 50% in I was like:

It frus
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Bindi Boo
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

To start off, i have to say this -THIS BOOK WAS SO HARD TO READ! I had to pause many times and make big decisions about this book- whether to go on or stop now. I persevered all because i bloody love this author. I knew there was something i will miss if i gave up to soon. Lo and behold- there was-a beautiful, sweet love story i've read in a while, with the best plot twist.

As sweet and entertaining the first 40% of this book was, it involved cheating. YES, PLAIN OLD
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥

Plot: 4
Characters: 5
Scorching Level: 4
HEA: Um... Not telling

Amazing writing and characterization but my heart is broken! Jewel E. Ann is a very unique writer. Her books are always emotional and sprinkled with her one of a kind humor. This book spoke to my heart. The heroine, Parker, is one of the most lovable heroine's I've ever met.She is a twenty six year-old woman, living with her
Well Jewel E Ann. Up until 48% I was loving this story and it would have got 5 stars from me IF you had developed the love story between Gus and Parker BUT you spoiled it from that point on and it truly did not work. So much potential for a cracker of a story and to look at the desire/love between Gus and Parker - did they cheat, or what? and then you did that? I failed to understand why you would take us there.

I just did not get the whole insta love between Parker and Levi - it was too soon af
Shannon Moore
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't really know how to rate this, though I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of 4 stars.

This book was so so different from what I expected to get, though other that reading the blurb, I went in completely blind and I suggest that you do the same! If you're here reading reviews to figure out what the book is about before hand, STOP! Just read it. If I knew what the big twist was before I started, I would've felt so different about everything. This way, I experienced the true emotions that
Lisa Aiello
4.5 stars...and I had to bump it up, because it didn't deserve to be bumped down. The only complaint I had was the ending came a little too easy. It just sort of was, without a lot of hoopla...and that's okay too. By the Prologue, I needed a little rainbows and fairy dust and unicorns farting glitter!!

So this book. Gahhh, this book! How I could possibly love two men...and be okay with it? Well, it happened, and I am not ashamed. I love Gus and I love Levi. And I love how they loved. There were s
DNF @ 78%

Sorry, but inasmuch as I tried to like this book, I really cannot.

I find myself doing this

instead of

Not because of the twist in the middle.

Nuh uh....

But because of the story in general. Especially the heroine.

"What makes you sweat?”...
“Change the subject.”... Sex. Now can we finish...?”...
“Do you really consider sex a workout?”...
“I’m going to have to disagree. I don’t think you can call sex a workout.”...
“Then you’re not doing it right...."
“I suppose you’d have to go through
Anne OK
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
I love the cute and sassy cover that was first to grab my attention -- but in no way prepared me for what lay ahead.  I was consumed from the first page on.  Absolutely outstanding!  This book was a total surprise – and a novel change from the norm.  A ballad of real life.  No black and white answers – but plenty of gray areas to challenge your senses emotionally, as well as play havoc with your feelings on morality.  I’ve purposefully held my review in check trying to convey my praise without d ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

"I'm afraid of having everything that means nothing and nothing that means everything."

I really enjoyed Jewel E. Ann's Jack and Jill series. It was different, it was thought provoking...and it was just out there. I didn't expect anything less with this book...and boy, did I get it.

Parker was cheated on by her boyfriend...with her twin sister. So, it's understandable that she has a thing against cheating. All that is turned upside down when she meets her neighbor, Gus, who, of course,
Here's my review. I'm trying to be spoiler free. Sorry.

I read some rave reviews about this book. The blurb spells it out. The heroine was cheated on By her own twin sister. Does the heroine cheat too? I read to about 17% then put this down to read another book. I wasn't closing the door entirely. I almost never dnf before the 40% mark. The part of a book where the plot is fully spelled out.
My GR friend Vee urged me to give it another try. It's not what I think,
No, it wasn't. The 40% mark felt
Maryse's Book Blo...: When Life Happened BR - Spoilers Galore June 8, 2017 84 75 Jun 09, 2017 08:27PM
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor. When she's not saving the planet one tree at a time, you can find her role modeling questionable behavior to her three boys, binge-watching Netflix with her husband, and writing mind-bending romance.

Her latest release is When Life Happened, an Amazon #1 Best Seller.

Current projects: A second spinoff from the Jack & Jill Se
More about Jewel E. Ann...
“I want to be your lifeline, not your anchor.” 5 likes
“Love is stupid. So I don’t care if it’s love. You’re the best part of every damn day. You’re sunshine, and laughter, and the fucking oxygen in my lungs. If this life is a game, you make me want to play it forever, be damned who wins or loses.” 5 likes