Start by marking “Amira Can Catch, New Kid in School” as Want to Read:
Amira Can Catch, New Kid in School

Amira Can Catch, New Kid in School

A New Kid in School is the fourth in a series of books by The Hometown All Stars for children ages three to seven. Amira, the new kid in school lands in a new hometown after leaving her home country of Syria over a year ago. She is shy and a looks a little scared as the teacher introduces her to class. Amira is rapidly welcomed by Nick and the rest of the All Star team. Sh ...more
Published March 1st 2018 by Pilot Communications Group

To ask other readers questions about Amira Can Catch, New Kid in School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amira Can Catch, New Kid in School

Raegan   Ralls
-Disclaimer: I won this book for free through Goodreads giveaways in exchange for an honest review.-

This book is one of my least favorites. There were spelling mistakes. The book stops to explain how a picture is drawn. The colors are really odd and unattractive. It reminded me of Scooby Doo colors. The overall story is just all over the place. There are random factoids and history lessons. The coach overworks the kids and dangles food in front of them. At some point, a child was starved but re
Tima
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Amira arrives in an American classroom as a refugee from Syria. Her classmates learn about life in a refugee camp and Amira learns about her new home in the US. The readers will learn all about baseball as they follow Amira and her classmates to the ball field for a practice session. Sprinkled throughout the book are facts about baseball history, American history, and vocabulary words.

My children weren't really in to this book. So after they finished reading it, I checked it out and asked them w
Breakaway Reviewers
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amira, the new kid in school, lands in a new hometown after leaving her home country of Syria over a year previously. She is shy and looks a little scared as the teacher introduces her to class. Amira is rapidly welcomed by Nick and the rest of the All-Star team and adapts quickly to her new lifestyle.

This is a great book which teaches children about how to act around new members of classes as well as reassuring those who may be joining. By explicitly introducing new cultures and ways of life i
David McClendon, Sr
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amira Can Catch is a great book that teaches about how kids should act towards new students in their school. It also teaches some baseball fundamentals that I wish I had learned when I was in little league. If I had had anyone in my life who approached teaching baseball like the coach in this book, I might not have hated playing it.

But, this book is not just about baseball. It is about getting along. It is about kids learning from each other, helping each other, and teaching each other.

We give
Michelle
Amira is the new kid in school after moving from her home in Syria over a year ago. She is shy, but is welcomed by her new classmate Nick and the All Star baseball team at school. They quickly learn that Amira has had a lot of practice throwing and catching a ball back home, so she is a great addition to the team. The book is a mix of current events as well as a fun baseball story that all kids will enjoy.

Thanks to School Library Journal for a review copy of this book.
Theresa Wade
This is a bright and colorful illustrated picture book for children. It is a book that teaches children how they should treat new students at their school. The book also covers the fundamentals of baseball with a little bit of history about Willie Mays. The book has additional activities that engage the child when they read it.
Daniel Casey
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Read Full Review: https://misanthropester.com/2017/07/2...

Teaching children and adults the basics of baseball while also encouraging them to be inclusive and empathetic is the ideal of sport. Amira Can Catch manages to show us the best side of the American past-time which is the best side of us.
Katelyn Patterson
Jun 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
poorly executed. completely lost me at the back matter page titled What Does It Mean To Be American? when the first sentence says "Christopher Columbus discovered North America in 1492."
Cassandra
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary galley copy.

The book is informative and well written. It is easy to understand and includes facts for your little reader.
Kevin Christofora
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love the mirror on the back cover. It is my favorite part! Look into the mirror and tell me..... Where are you from? Where are your parents from? oooooh, gosh! So confronting, stimulating and ...in your face (no pun intended) ...on how we all look different, we all come from different places...but yet, we are... all the same....! We are Americans, but we all come from somewhere else. Never forget your nationality. I am Italian-American. But remember how great it is to be American. and...YES, s ...more
Mellissa
Apr 10, 2018
Tammie Smith
I enjoyed reading this book. It was about Amira coming to a new school in America from Syria. After the first day of school she joins a baseball team. This teaches a lot about now to become better at baseball. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn the basics of baseball.

Thank you to Kevin Christofora and Goodreads for this book.
Neha Thakkar
rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2018
Lizzie
Kelsyamanda
Good admin.
Amazing job
you work really hard to satisfy your users.
Kindly see this -Best Parental Control App
Mary A.
Ivana Stupjak
Emma
Dec 27, 2017
Syrian refugee moving to america and making new friends in school 1 3 Jun 12, 2017 07:29PM

• State vs. Amrit Kumar
  • Outpost 28, Issue #2
  • Twilight Chant
  • Mr. Mosquito Stay Out of My Pants
  • The Wolf Lords (The Fylking, #2)
  • Being a Medico
  • Not ’Til Tomorrow, Phoebe
  • Bravo Victor (The Princelings of the East, #6)
  • Wits Guts Grit: All-Natural Biohacks for Raising Smart, Resilient Kids
  • Flex Life: How to Transform Your Body Forever
  • The Day of the Flying Pot Roast (The Absurd Adventures of Monkey, Puppy, and Lion, #1)
  • Astonished Beyond Measure: Surprising Responses to Jesus
  • Tiny Garden, Big Trouble (Angel Garden Pals, #1)
  • Eagle's Guard (Eagle Rider Saga, #1)
  • The Shadow Emperor: A Biography of Napoleon III
  • A Proposal to Secure His Vengeance
  • In or Out: A Practical Guide to Decision Making
  • Stranded with Her Greek Tycoon
BIO- January 2018

April 2018- Release of Amira Can Catch, the 4th in a series of bedtime/anytime reading books for kids ages 3-7 who's parents aspire to give their kids #MoreGreen, Less Screen. Alleviating the fears to start something new, educational and the find out all their friends are there too!

Ask the author for a review copy of Amira, post a review and get a copy of the first 3 books for yo