Start by marking “SonofaWitch!” as Want to Read:
SonofaWitch!

SonofaWitch!

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
No one is perfect—not even a witch. Witches have amazing power at their fingertips to do unbelievable things. That magic can come in really handy sometimes too. They can make someone fall in love, poison an apple to enact a sleeping curse, to banish an enemy to an alternate reality, or just to conjure up some Nutella when there is none in the house.

But what happens when th
Published October 3rd 2017 by World Weaver Press

To ask other readers questions about SonofaWitch!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SonofaWitch!

Kirsty 📚📖❤️
Six quick and easy reads full of magic gone wrong. It's a fun and simple book to read when, like me, you're currently stuck at home ill and feeling sorry for yourself. It's light and fluffy and not too taxing on the brain. Something that you need once in a while.

It also works as an introduction to 6 new authors for me to explore further. It's an entertaining read and I quite enjoyed it

Free arc from netgalley
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tis the season for witches, magic, and fun so what better way to get into the holiday mood than with stories about the supernatural?

This anthology contains multiple stories that provide plots and characters with a more lighthearted look into the paranormal and humorous instances of when things don’t go as planned. Spells going awry has been a staple of humor in paranormal stories for quite some time; after all who doesn’t love it when the unexpected happens with a twist?

One of the wonderful tene
Keri Hunter
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This Anthology made me LOL the whole way through! Quick easy reads, keeps you engaged, and all around enjoyable. I have never read anything by these authors before but my curiosity is surely peaked so I will be searching around for more!

***I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for my honest opinion. All thoughts and opinions are my own and given of my own free will!***
Andretta Schellinger
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like books about witches. I also like witches in history and in real life. I have a good friend who is a witch. No, she doesn't have sparky or magical powers, but she believes in witchcraft. Oh and I really like movies and books about witches. Wait, I already said that. Anyways when I saw Sonofawitch come across my email, I knew that it was something I had to read. I like many different genres, but books with humor, especially supernatural or paranormal books that have humor are particular fav ...more
Leah
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love to read anthologies as it gives you a taster of different authors works . This book was good, I haven't read much like this before, it was amusing .
Each story was very different even though they were all about witches and magic . I can't pick a favourite story as I really liked them all equally .
I will be looking for more books written by these authors .
I received an advanced readers copy of this book through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review .
Sarena Ulibarri
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These stories cracked me up. My favorites were "Good Spell Gone Bug" by Laura VanArendonk Baugh and "A Poppet Named Dave" by Adam Millard, but every story was fun and memorable.
Caitlyn Lynch
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sonofawitch! is a collection of six stories about what happens when a spell goes unexpectedly, hilariously wrong, and it's absolutely the best thing I've read in AGES.

All of the stories are original and they all stand alone without the need to be familiar with any of the author's other works - the major gripe I had with the Jim-Butcher-headlined Urban Enemies - and even more delightfully, every one of the six is equally strong.

Good Spell Gone Bug by Laura VanArendonk Baugh had me laughing out lo
BarbaraH
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you read around others get ready for some strange looks as this Wil have you LOL How they come up with these ideas I don't know but you will want to read this as it is great
I won bk in giveaway but always give honest reviews of what I think
Marie Piper
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A charming collection of witchy tales, perfect for the Halloween season. The highlights, for me, were The Perfect Mate by Frances Pauli - which had me chuckling - and Sara Dobie Bauer's The Trouble with Love Spells. A light read, one you can breeze through in a day. :)
Lisa
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy of this book on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Like any other anthology, there’s a huge difference in the quality of these stories. Unlike in other anthologies, this one just goes from “absolutely terrible” to “okay, I guess”.
First off, there are typos and grammar mistakes everywhere. These stories would have benefited from actually being proofread a bit more than they were.
However, that was not my only problem. Most of the characters are unlikeable a
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

SONOFAWITCH! is a quick and fun compilation of stories about witches having various sorts of misadventures. After reading so many heavy stories lately it was fun to read light, silly stories that effortlessly weaved some magical mishaps into them. Most of the stories were pretty decent plot-wise but I had issues with some of the stories where the situations that were supposed to be taken as funny were actually kind of manipulative or creepy.

Good Spell G
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great boxed set with some amazing authors. Each book was great and had a wonderful story which kept me reading way past my bedtime. They all have well developed characters are all very entertaining. Each of the books were full of surprises and I didn’t want them to end. If you are looking for a great boxed set then you need to get this one. I am looking forward to reading the other books by each of these great authors. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The ...more
Laurie Beemer
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was full of some very interesting stories. I love reading stories that include characters that are witches and warlocks. The authors did a great job compiling the works for this anthology. Thank you NetGalley and all authors for allowing me to read this book and write a honest review.
Jan
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really hilarious collection of short stories by different authors each celebrating the old adage that if anything can go wrong, it will! Don't miss this laugh fest!
Rachel Noel
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Book provided via NetGalley for an honest review.

This was a fun book! All six stories are great on their own and almost had me laughing out loud on the bus! At one point I actually had to set the book down just to get a hold of myself and my laughing. I think the phrase "it seemed like a good idea at the time" can summarize almost all of these stories' spells gone wrong.

While most of them involved a love spell gone wrong (after reading this I recommend never even trying a love spell) there is e
Rhonda
Jul 13, 2017 added it
One of the perks of working for a publisher is that you can often read early versions of books before they come out. That's exactly what happened for me with this book, I got to read an early version :)

My favourite story was "Good Spell Gone Bug" by Laura VanArendonk Baugh. I loved it *so* much -- it was one of the best short stories I've read all year, and I read a LOT of short stories in a year. I also really liked, "A Poppet Named Dave" by Adam Millard. I think this is the first thing I've re
Cailin Ashbaugh
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I suppose I should start this review by stating that I received a galley of this anthology from World Weaver Press on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This anthology will be published on 10/3/2017.

SonOfAWitch! is an anthology of six short stories edited by Trish Thompson. When I saw the cover and read the description of this book, I was excited. Witches doing fun things is a perfect way to set the mood for fall when you're struggling to get into the fall spirit due to global warming.
Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food)
Good Spell Gone Bug - 2.5
The Trouble with Love Spells - 2
All the Pretty Curses - 2.75
The Perfect Mate Fiasco - 3.5 (casual mention of an*rexia)
A Matter of Perspective - 4
A Poppet Named Dave - 3.5

Rex may have been my favorite character in this entire Anthology (Perfect Mate), the innocent bystander that didn't ask for all this witchy drama. I also really liked the twist on the overdone love spell trope.

The only character I could tolerate in Poppet was Evelyn. River was annoying and Dave was twice
Gretchen
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Collection of Enchanted Tales

I’m a fan of short story anthologies and SonofaWitch doesn’t disappoint. “All the Petty Curses” was my favorite with its nod to fairytales. “A Good Spell Gone Bug” was great too. All in all, a fun collection.
Krystal
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthologies
This was so much fun! Six tales of spells gone awry in the most hilarious fashion. There was only one story that didn’t make me laugh out loud, but they were all a lot of fun to read. I didn’t have a favorite or least favorite. I’ll absolutely read every single one of these again.
Tara
Nov 10, 2017
Samantha
Mar 01, 2018
Sara Bauer
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gen Ryan