Start by marking “The Wild” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  2,287 Ratings  ·  1,056 Reviews
I brought them to the wilderness because we couldn’t cope with our reality.
The plan was to make a new life that didn’t include heartache.

No people. No technology. No interference.
Just us.
A chance to piece together what was broken.

But the wilderness is untamed and harsh.
Brutal and unforgiving.
It doesn’t give a damn about your feelings.

Tragedy lives there too.
No escaping the
Paperback, 1st edition, 250 pages
Published August 2nd 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Okayyyyyyyy. Whelp.

description

This doesn't happen very often - if ever, actually - but I don't even know what to say right now.

Seriously. I don't.

My friends always tell me that if most people's brains can be compared to a lone hamster on a wheel, then mine is analogous to three hamsters on a wheel, spastically running into each other.

Which is actually very accurate; however, right now, my hamsters are like this:

Stunned, I tell you.*

As I write this, I haven't even actually decided on a rating yet.
I'm hop
Wil Loves Books!
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yep, nope. There's dark, messed up and taboo, which I've read and enjoyed my fair share of. And then there's shameless and gratuitous, far from romance and way into illegal and really disturbing territory. This book is the latter. Although this is getting lots of buzz of the 5 star kind, which I guess, to each their own. This is no Forbidden , Flowers in the Attic , All the Ugly and Wonderful Things or Nine Minutes to name a few. This is more like an Alexa Riley book, you know, shameless smut. O ...more
Christy
2 stars

I love reading out of the box reads and I like taboo stories. When I saw all the buzz surrounding The Wild, I knew I had to pick it up and read it for myself. I'm going to be honest here and say… I really didn't like this book. It's not because of the subject matter, I enjoy reading taboo stories. I know a lot of people are grossed out by this one, but honestly it didn't bother me like that too much(view spoiler)
Candace
Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Why does everyone have their panties in such a twist over this one? It's just a book, people! It's a dark, smutty, taboo work of fiction. It isn't like this is the first erotic story to explore kinky daddy issues and/or incest. Seriously, I just don't get it.

Obviously, given the subject matter, this isn't a story that is going to hold any appeal for many readers. So, don't read it. I can respect that. So please respect my right to be as dirty-min
Sarah Toussaint
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
Okay. Here we go...

WARNING:

This review will have some spoilers.

Personal note:
Now, as a very open-minded woman, who is quite outgoing and sometimes compassionate to a fault, I went into this controversial book, already with an open heart, ready to consume it and ready to enjoy it, out of spite, because of all the haters who felt that it was okay to bash an author/a person so insultingly for a book she wrote...

And I mostly DID enjoy this book. That’s why it has a 3 stars rating from me.

And as I go
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
The "warning" on this book didn't deter me because I've literally never read anything that took me so far outside my comfort zone that I couldn't handle it. This particular warning was deliberately vague and gave the reader no clear indication as to what this book was about anyway, but rather it served more as bait to unsuspecting readers that enjoy taboo storylines. And I took the bait. I wasn't even skeptical because I'm not a sensitive reader. I'm not bothered by most of the things other read ...more
Bibi
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
*Spoilers*

The thing is I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon nor will I willingly subjugate my rights, just so I can appease the crowd. That is groupthink at its worst, a notion I shelf under mental slavery. No thank you.

I believe I'm old enough and sufficiently intelligent to know what is morally correct, particularly as it pertains to what I choose to do or read.

That said, for this particular subject matter, I believe the context and manner in which it was written is the reason it's controver
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Erm, no - I didn't really like this one at all. I read it because the taboo aspect intrigued me and it was on Kindle Unlimited. I almost dnf at the 20% mark but I was convinced by all the 5 star reviews that the characters would be redeemed in some way so I continued.

Taboo is an understatement, I thought it was pretty sick (a lot sick) and way too over the boundaries for me. As for the storyline, it was all very silly and OTT.

Not for me, not in the slightest!
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
description
I can't breathe !! I can't Effing breathe!!! She did not go THERE !! Oh yes she did **breathe deep**
Love. Lust. Darkness. Right. Wrong. Sadness. Happiness. Anger. Everything

Reed's family is Xmas picture postcard perfect. Till a tragedy strikes tearing them apart. He decides to take the remaining fragments and move to the Wilderness , in order to patch them back together amidst Nature and Love. But The Wild is like a parellel universe where rules don't apply

we grow up learning norms and behavio
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE WILD: Is a dark, taboo standalone novel by K. Webster.. As requested by the author this review is going to be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it.

Warning: The Wild is an extremely taboo story. Most will find that the themes in this book will make you incredibly uncomfortable. This book is only for the brave, the open-minded, and the ones who crave love in even the most dismal of situations. Extreme sexual themes and violence in certain scenes, which could trigger emotional distr
Geri Reads
Aug 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
You know what they say about how curiosity killed the cat? Well, I was that cat.

**SPOILERS, obviously***

I won't do a full review but there are things why this book didn't work for me. Note: I won't be including the incest thing here because I feel like so many reviews already mentioned that. I won't judge anyone who wants to read it or write it.

Anyhoo, here's my list:

1. Plot contrivances. This book is full of it. From their reason for moving to the wilderness in the first place to the "plot tw
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By K. Webster
4.5 OMG She Went There Stars!!!

If you are familiar with K. Webster books, you will do just fine reading this one. If you are NOT familiar…PLEASE PLEASE Read, the WARNING!!! This book has quite a few MAJOR triggers for people… If you have the slightest fright about anything that is not inside the box, step away from this book now… Pinky Promise me that much… I will even add the warning for you here…

Warning:
The Wild is an extremely taboo story. Most will find that the themes
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
DNF @ 40% (right after "they ate bear soup and the quilt fell away from her naked body")

I bought this book a week ago while on vacation. I had no idea what it was about except that it was taboo (which I normally love). I wasn't even aware of all the drama until today when I finished DNF'd the book and logged in to GR.

I'm still on vacation and don't have time for a review. Here are my thoughts on this book:

It's not just the storyline. I disliked everything about this book. I didn't like the sty
Julz
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sophia Triad
I did not like it. At all.
I don't even want to explain why I did not like it.

But not because I am sensitive to heavy taboo themes .

By the way, I find the Warning in the beginning of the book rather insulting for the readers.
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Pinky Promise Stars

photo pinkypromise_zps1y3hy5sh.gif

After losing his son Reed packs his wife Sabrina, daughter Devon and their entire life up and moves them deep into the Alaskan wilderness. Just the three of them off the grid to build a new life and good memories. My heart bled for Sabrina in the beginning, I completely understood why she was the way she was. That's about all I can get into about the plot without giving anything away as this is one crazy ass ride you'll just have to read.

When I started this I quickly got th
nick
Aug 07, 2017 rated it did not like it

1 star is too much for this piece of shit.

The author fucking romanticizes CHILD ABUSE AND INCEST in her book.
YEAH CHILD ABUSE.
I don't give a fuck that there's a twist there about how (view spoiler).

Repeat after me: CHILD ABUSE IS NOT ROMANTIC. CHILD ABUSE IS NOT ROMANTIC.

SHE IS STILL A CHILD.
HE, on the other hand, IS A RAPIST.
HE IS A PEDOPHILE.
HE IS A SEX OFFENDER.

The only right way for this book to have ended would have been with him in jail for the rest of
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionGreat cover on this one. Perfect representation of the hero and story. Great composition and interesting title work. I do think if the photo of the man was a little lighter it would have added a bit more depth to the cover but other than that, good job.description

descriptionI LOVED this book. L-O-V-E-D it! Judge me ALL you want but I ain't sorry AT ALL! *lol* So this review is going to be a little light on details because I don't want Eve to shiv me, and personally I think it's a book best gone into blindly. I will s
Snow
Fuck it...

I'm on the road to hell, anyway...

*exhales in attempt of composure*

I'll get straight to the point...

So, this book…

tsk, tsk, tsk…

is exactly what the warning says…a TABOOOOOOO….booooohooooo

nevermind the blurb, that's not the fuckin point…it should have been MORE than just a fuckin TABOO...for me, it was just that...a twisted, shocker, mocking fluke!

Now, what I want to point out, is the fact that unfortunately this book with the subject it presents missed to SHOW the MANIFESTATION of the
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

EDITED: I've added a paragraph from Val's review at the end containing a "spoiler" which really shouldn't be a spoiler. I think these type of triggers should be stated in the blurb... and let's face it, by this time a lot of people already know what this book is about.

➦This book is extremely hard to review because of the fact that the author explicitly asks to not put any spoilers in the reviews that might hint at the actual nature of the taboo of this particular story. So all I can do is give y
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Love, brilliant and deep and powerful, shines in his eyes. It burns me. Scalds me. Imprisons me. Suffocates me. But it also fills me. Fuels me. Frees me.

photo Teaser One_zpsaoashxr9.jpg

A couple of years ago, you wouldn’t catch me reading the kind of books that K. Webster writes. I was afraid of dark reads. But now I crave dark reads. I love this author and have come to expect that she will try and push her readers’ boundaries but she’ll spin things in a way that makes you
Jennifer Kyle
This was indeed a fast paced, taboo-disgusting at times, twisty, and yet very entertaining read. I'm putting in print that I definitely liked the story... then ducking and hiding.

Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳People simply just don't understand the issue at hand in this novel...

➳I finished this novel, and I believe now I can say what I think of it. And all I can say that even though I read the twists and turns, it still disgusts me to read such a taboo story. This is not ROMANCE, this is perversion at the worst level possible. My opinion, my words... Want to judge me? Go ahead!

➳You think I don't like this book because of the "incest" part of it? That's where you are wrong. I don't like this book
Mick
Aug 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
As a father this book is abhorrent. It is a sick person who finds enjoyment in paedophilia. That is what this book is. Devon, technically a child. Obviously traumatised and mentally ill, her father Reed takes it upon himself to start an unhealthy, dominant relationship with her? Father daughter sexual relationship? Minus one star. No grieving after the mother dies? Geez moving on. Minus one star. No plot, no story line gratuitous sex scenes for no reason other than Reed is a f*ing A*hole. Let's ...more
Barbara➰
Aug 07, 2017 marked it as meh-just-skip-it
While I'm passing on reading this for my own personal reasons, I 100% support this author who has the right to publish what she wants and I 100% support anyone who wants to read it.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

TABOO YOU SAY?! I CAN TOTALLY READ THAT!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
I brought them to the wilderness because we couldn’t cope with our reality.
The plan was to make a new life that didn’t include heartache.
No people. No technology. No interference.
Just us.
A chance to piece together what was broken.
But the wilderness is untamed and harsh.
Brutal and unforgiving.
It doesn’t give a damn about your feelings.
Tragedy lives there too.
No escaping the truths
Kelly
Aug 08, 2017 rated it did not like it

When did romanticizing paedophilia become a genre?
Reviewers are calling this a love story? Beautiful? A work of Art? Taboo?

Fuck off. This is child sexual abuse, rape, paedophilia, and grooming of a child who needs serious medical attention. Yeah it's a fictional story. It takes a very sick person to think of something like this. Lets hope K Webster does not have children especially a daughter.

The entire story makes no sense, the plot is stupid. The characters are stupid.
People crying it's been
Jen
Please don't judge me but I did enjoy this book; I did feel it was well written and I fully agree this isn't for everyone! There are lines that are definitely crossed and are absolutely going to offend some people. Me; I just remember I am reading fiction and this isn't REAL!!!! This would be why I am able to take this with a grain of salt and move on.

I feel K. Webster does an amazing job of making the reader empathize with the characters to the point where the lines of rules and ethics are fade
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Let me lay out my issues: SPOILERS!!!

1. The characters were not forced into some post-apocalaptic event scenario. They chose to move to the wilds of Alaska and basically camp. So, the excuse that they were in a different situation than we can imagine? No. They could have VERY easily gone back to civilization.
2. The girl was 16. If I hear one more person defend this by saying "The age of consent in Alaska is 16" I will lose it because that is SO not the issue. The issue is that he is her father
Paige
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 "Believe the Warning" Stars

ohmygod.

Seriously, read the warning.

Without spoiling the story, the plot goes something like this:
Move to remote place to try and start over.
Peril.
Devastation.
Taboo.
Bigger Taboo.
Biggest Tabbo I've ever read.
Peril.
Emotions.
Revelations.
Taboo.
K. Webster at her dirtiest and most delicious.

But seriously. Heed the warning.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.
Maryse's Book Blo...: BR The Wild by K. Webster *SPOILERS* 64 427 Aug 14, 2017 08:56AM
Goodreads Librari...: please add cover 2 41 Jul 29, 2017 02:21PM
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author of over sixty romance books in many different genres including dark romance, taboo romance, contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her supportive husband and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.

Her other passions besides writing include read

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99