Start by marking “Echoes of Glory (Blood on the Stars, #4)” as Want to Read:
Echoes of Glory (Blood on the Stars, #4)

Echoes of Glory

(Blood on the Stars #4)

A Fight to the End…

The Confederation and the Union have fought each other to a standstill. Battered, exhausted fleets eye each other warily across a border that has been a battlefield for three bloody years. Neither side has the strength to attack, and both wait for reinforcements that will allow them to resume the fight.

On the worlds of the Iron Belt, the heavily indust
Published June 4th 2017 by System 7 Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Echoes of Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes of Glory

Mick Bird
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ride

Captain and and his crew once again have been asked to place themselves and their ship in the path of danger. Having just completed a major refit and shore leave, they will have to be at their best. Trouble is ahead, civil war has broken out in the Alliance, with the union forcing pulling the strings. The next book will be what I think give us the battle of all battles. Looking forward to it.
Patrick Barnes
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not excitingI

I was hoping that the writer would hit his stride but it's the same weak storytelling that a lot of this genre 's writers fall back on. Flat characters, with human moments which are then reduced to a comfortable cliche. The story could be lifted from any World War2 movie about the plucky U.S. fighter pilot (preferably Marine, better still featuring John Wayne).

It's a sad universe with mankind having lost thousands of years of art, philosophy, history and culture and being reduced t
Mike Crate
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The fourth novel in the Blood on the Stars series by Jay Allan brings the Alliance back into the main arc after their spectacular appearance in the first novel. The Union and its covert services continue to influence members of the Alliance who consider it was a mistake not to engage fully against the Confederation. The aim is to stage a coup replacing the more moderate Alliance leader with one who sees nothing but the power and glory of an immediate war regardless of the dwindling benefits of a ...more
Jarryd Kalideen
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well I've you've read to book #4 then there's not much to spoil, though there are a few gripes I have with this book and story so far.

The contents of this book wouldn't have come as much surprise to most, I would think. Considering that The Alliance were basically missing from Book #3, it was plain to see that the Union influence would push them to centre-stage on this one. Lille is playing his shadowy villain part well, with the main Union-Confed war being at a stalemate at the moment. The endi
Michael Wood
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read, Can Not Wait For Next Chapter

Jay Allan is one of the most prolific and adept Space Opera authors available today. This novel, building on the previous story, once again revolves around the adventures (or misadventures) of loyal Confederation officer Barron, captain of the battleship Dauntless. The Confederation, with it's relative social freedom (compared to the other two nations slowly recovering civilization in the wreckage of the Empire) still faces the forces of the dictatori
Geoff Parker
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jay Allan is a fantastic writer. His stories are incredibly gripping, incredibly action-packed, and incredibly understated. You feel the emotion from the characters and relate to it, not get told about it. His situations are plausible and realistic given the futuristic settings, and you start to develop a real caring for his characters. I find that even though his books are largely can't put them down drinks from a fire hose, I am always wanting more and always ready to move onto the next one.
I
Michael
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Before you pick this one up to read, please note it is book #4 of a series: you need to have read the first three books of the series first or this one won’t make much sense to you.

Without having a spoiler, the author picks up right where he left off in the continuing war but from a different aspect with developing characters from the Alliance perspective: the author continues to paint the picture as if you are right there in the middle of things. What I like most about this series is you really
Mike Keller
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captain Tyler Barron commanding the Dauntless returns to Alliance territory

Captain Barron and the wonderfully familiar crew of the Confederation battleship Dauntless have been ordered back to Alliance space, this time to help fight with them against the Union sponsored coup.

Jay's usual excellently written action and combat sequences are fully realistic. The deep and richly detailed characters drive the storyline. You share their bravery and fear, their love and their disdain. You applaud their b
Alan Mills
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Powerful space drama...they just keep getting better

In volume four, the action shifts back to the Alliance--where it all began back in volume one. Except this time, the Alliance is at war with itself, and the Confederacy has to decide whether to intervene...even though it has little to offer.

After a slow start setting up all too obvious political background, we begin a roller coaster ride of non-stop action, with constant fighting and tension...while also learning a little more about the Allianc
Jim Thorne
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A solid 4\5

After deviating to other parts of the universe this book returns to the story arc of book one, much anticipated and appreciated. The alliance and confederation become unlikely and necessary allies. A couple of reviewers noted correctly that the amount of time spent developing depth in so many characters needed a much longer book. I have been applauding the author spending more time in character depth and development so I won't complain too loudly. Finally, as noted by other reviewers
Shane
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: military-scifi
Three and a half stars. It is nice to seethe story arc coming together. This story has a little drama mixed in with some good character development. I still have a hard time with battleship on battleship tactics, it just seems implausible to me that a every military would develop the same top heavy doctrine. I don't want to spoil anything, but Andi's amazing feat of tracking down Barron's ship turns out not to be so amazing after all. Good but not great.
James J. Seals Jr
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Allan again exceeds expectations with the latest Blood on the stars series. Good character development, a great universe and non stop action lead you through the continuation of Blood on the Stars fourth novel Echos of Glory. Great good guys, Bad guys you will love to hate and the awakening of a closed culture to a different perspective on other societies all mixed to bring you onward in the saga. Waiting anxiously for the next book in the series due in the Fall of 2017.
Frank Bystrzak
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Echoes of more...

I have devoured every book in the Blood on the Stars series and eagerly await the next installments. If you haven't started this adventure, what are you waiting for! Snap up a copy and start reading...but he prepared to have some sleepless nights you won't be able to put it down. But it is time we'll spent. Enjoy.
LMW
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, the plot thickens. The series opened with the Union trying to get a third party involved, the alliance. They are at it again, this time spending hard money to ferment a coup against the rulers of the Alliance to get the Alliance involved, Some in the Alliance hold out, and now it is a civil war, and the Confederacy sends help, to try and prevent a two front war. Good stuff!
kenneth
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to fire the primaries again, this one is intense.

Despite the longer lead-in for another arc of the Blood on the Stars series, this book adds well to the legend of Tylor Barron and his crew. For best effect it is recommended you read all the prior Blood on the Stars books first.
Jesse Deleon
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Next book Fall 2017!

I should have used the title of my review "Why I love Jay Allan series! Because of fantastic action and a great cliffhanger endings that are worth the wait. A fan.
James Arthur Ward
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best written book so far on the series

Book has intrigue, action and romance. The action sequences are solid and entertaining. Allan still over does the character development, if you do not get it the first time, you probably will somewhere in the next tern.
Richard
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next installment!

As an epic adventure Echoes of Glory delivers. Yes, the outcome is predictable on one level but it's not always about the end. Many of us want excitement along the way.
Kimberly Sparks
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another kick ass battle!

What a great continuation of the series. Once again and with the odds against them the Dauntless has pulled through. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here.
Ronald J. Glickman
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another adventure with the Barron gang.

Almost as good as it's predecessors from this master of the space opera. BUT the long chapters of exposition in th first 20% or so of the book really gravesite down for me.
Still Allan and Campbell keep the fun going.
Jimbo
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a slow start setting up all too obvious political background, we begin non-stop action, with constant fighting and tension...while also learning a little more about the Alliance background. The Confederation allies with the Alliance in there civil war.
Richard DeLancey
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best Book Of The Series So Far!

Most series tend to fade off in subsequent books. This series bucks that trend as it keeps getting better and better with each passing edition. This was a fun exciting read. I highly recommend!
Rob Enderle
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm really loving this series and blasted through the first 4 books quickly. Decent battle sequences, not too much drama, just the right amount of romance, and characters you grow to know and feel connected to.
Lisa
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional Space Opera

This fourth book is Excellent. The Alliance has split and the Confederation is allied with the supposed traitors. The Union is trying to force the Confeds into a two front war.
Really good reading!
Michelle
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How does he do it?

Blood on the Stars just keeps on getting better. Echoes of Glory actually had me cheering. Bravo Mr. Allan. Just to let you know, I can’t read any of your other series because I really have to do laundry!
Bill Sherry
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the nick of time!

Another good war story in far away places.Baron is in dander and the surrounding characters support the story and draw me in. I’m hooked on this series. On to the next one.
Daniel kerrigan
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great series by Jay Allen. I can hardly wait for the next book in this series. I do hope that this series will continue to evolve
Bill Corkery
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable military hard sci-fi book.
Danny Bernier
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book if a little predictable at times. Definitely enjoying the series so far
Jeff
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-sci-fi
Excellent continuation of the series, now involving a second front & the suborning of a third star nation into the union/Confederation struggle
Goodreads Librari...: Two copies of same book 2 19 Jun 07, 2017 10:40PM

Blood on the Stars (10 books)
  • Duel in the Dark (Blood on the Stars, #1)
  • Call to Arms (Blood on the Stars, #2)
  • Ruins of Empire (Blood on the Stars, #3)
  • Cauldron of Fire (Blood on the Stars #5)
  • Dauntless (Blood on the Stars #6)
  • The White Fleet (Blood on the Stars #7)
  • Black Dawn (Blood on the Stars, #8)
  • Invasion (Blood on the Stars #9)
  • Nightfall (Blood on the Stars #10)
“He was almost there, ready to hang up his wings, to leave behind everyone who mattered to him. To descend into a pit of wallowing despair, somewhere no one could watch his self-destructive decline. Almost. But there was something there, the smallest remnant of what he once had been, screaming at him from the deepest recesses of his mind. Pushing him, standing up to the fear, to the memories of what he’d been through. It was distant, buried under the confusion and aimlessness that had dominated him. But it was just strong enough to stop him from quitting. He had lost what he was, what he had been. He didn’t know if he could ever get it back, but that fading light still flickered, and he realized it would deny him an easy exit. It would drive him forward…though whether to redemption or death he didn’t know.” 0 likes
“Alliance’s” 0 likes