Start by marking “Hi, Jack!” as Want to Read:
Hi, Jack!

Hi, Jack!

(A Jack Book)

A new early reader series about a mischievous monkey, a cranky old lady, and a lovable dog.

Jack lives with his friends. He's a good guy, but he can also be bad. In this book Jack meets the Lady.
Jack plays with Rex.
Jack makes a mess and takes a bag that's not his.
JACK, YOU SHOULD NOT DO THAT!
Expected publication: February 26th 2019 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Hi, Jack!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hi, Jack!

Mary Librarian
Shauna
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh, Jack… where do I begin?? Here was my thought process while reading this book: “Oh, look, a cute little monkey! Aww, he likes snacks! *gasp* Jack is a naughty little monkey! Oh, OK maybe he’s not so naughty. Oh, look, a cute little puppy! Silly puppy, wait a minute – JAAAACK! Naughty Jack! Oh, he feels sorry… good Jack. *GASP* Naughty Jack!!” And then the kids sang, “Again! Again! Read it again!”
All of Jack’s silly antics made our kiddos LOVE him! I must admit, it was difficult to get this bo
Tasha
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Two masters take on the easy-reader format in this first in a new series. Jack is a monkey who gets into all sorts of trouble, most of it of his own making. Accompanied by two other characters, Rex the dog and The Lady, Jack steals the lady’s purse in the first chapter. He returns the purse, but soon Jack and Rex are sporting the lipstick that Jack took! When he returns the red lipstick to The Lady, Jack still has one more trick up his sleeve. Young readers will enjoy the naughtiness of Jack and ...more
Lauren- The Smile Lines
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hi, Jack! is a perfect book for children learning to read and beginning to read on their own. My six year old and four year old could not get enough! The characters are funny and their predictive behavior is just perfect for this age group.

Silly behaviors, by Jack, kept my children giggling throughout the book. They were excited to see what happened next with this lipstick writing situation!!

The vocabulary is simple, fun, and just right for the audience of the book. The illustrations are very f
Emma (Miss Print)
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
It's okay. A little flat but I think that was intentional. Could be an alternative to Mo Willem's Cat the Cat series as a "pre-easy reader." Also reads like a young Rotten Ralph. I think the title is not completely relevant to the story but I guess Bad Jack might have send the wrong message.

There are three characters in this book. Jack, the monkey main character. Rex, the dog. And the Lady who is a little old lady. It feels incredibly loaded that the Lady is the only character who doesn't have a
Mr. Canning
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I went to Mac Barnett's and Greg Pizzoli's presentation at TLA. It was fantastic. They read us the story and it is hilarious. Jack is a little Monkey that, like many of our children, gets into a lot of mischief and trouble. It's what makes the character so lovable. Simple for even PreK students to appreciate. This book will be a favorite in any library. Mac and Greg make a great team! Jack books will be a series and I look forward to collecting them.
Neha Thakkar
Nov 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Valerie
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidlitexchange
#kidlitexchange #partner Thank you, @kidlitexchange network for the review copy of this book! Opinion is my own! 😘 I LOVE JACK! I giggled more than once while reading this fun and silly early reader. Excellent for fans of Elephant and Piggie! ❤❤❤#bookreview #booksiread ...more
Christine
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: beginner-reader
There was a lot of repetitive text making this a good choice for beginner readers. The running "Bad Jack" refrain got a little old for me personally, but I don't think it will deter young readers. The step-by-step instructions on how to draw the three characters is a nice added bonus.
Josie Stewart
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book made me laugh!
Steph
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love that I got to read an ARC of this adorable book! =)
Brenda Kahn
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Genial, cute. Nothing to be blown away by but nice addition to the easy/ early reader collection.
Michele Knott
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of this series that is definitely written for children, not adult readers because kids are going to get a real kick out of this naughty monkey!
Oona
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adorable! Perfect for preschool and kindergarten!
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
This humorous book is perfect for beginning readers.
Lynn
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Very simple vocabulary and uncluttered supporting illustrations make this a book for beginning readers. Naughty Jack will certainly get them giggling. First in a series.
Chloe
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favorite kids book. Elephant and Piggie who?
Mary
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Humorous. Great repeating of words for early readers. Nice illustrations.
Lisa Howard
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious! Fun series for younger kiddos!
Jayme Carruthers
@kidlitexchange #partner

Thank you to the #KidLitExchange network for the review copy of Hi, Jack! All opinions are my own.

In Hi, Jack! we get to meet a fun-loving monkey named Jack. He's a pretty good monkey, but can also be naughty at times. In this book, we get to see Jack meet a lady, play with a dog, and have fun making a mess.

This is an early reader book, which made it a perfect read aloud for my son. It is a "chapter book", so we got to split it up, but each page only has a few words. It w
Ireadkidsbooks
Dec 04, 2017
Rosalinda King
Apr 05, 2018
Shan Salter
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it

@kidlitexchange #partner #bookstagram #kidlitexchange #kidlit

Thanks to the @kidlitexchange network for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

Hi, Jack! (A Jack Book) is the first book in the brand new early reader series, A Jack Book. Crafted by picture book masters, Mac Barnett and Greg Pizzoli, the series is sure to be popular with children and their caregiver’s alike.

Jack is a cheeky monkey who doesn’t always do as he’s told or act appropriately. His friends are Lady, a delight
Vera
rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2018
Fallon
Nov 25, 2017
Cynthia
Dec 04, 2017
Born to non-farmers in a California farming community, Mac now lives near San Francisco. He's on the board of directors of 826LA, a nonprofit writing center for students in Los Angeles, and he founded the Echo Park Time Travel Mart, a convenience store for time travelers.

A Jack Book (2 books)