Start by marking “Home Safe Home: Protecting Yourself and Your Family from Everyday Toxics and Harmful Household Products” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews

Home Safe Home is the ultimate reference of its kind, written by the leading authority on eliminating toxics in the home. It offers more than four hundred tips, including do-it-yourself formulas for inexpensive, safe products to replace the harmful substances we are exposed to in our own households. If you suffer from unexplained headaches, fatigue, or depression, or if yo

Published January 1st 1997 by TarcherPerigee

To ask other readers questions about Home Safe Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Safe Home

Aug 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing
There is only so much you can protect your family from before becoming a complete shut-in. This book is a really informative (and frightening) overview of what's in everything from dog food to baby toys.
Ellen
Jan 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great basic overview of what is toxic in home environment and what the alternatives are. Debra Lynn Dadd's searchable blog is even more useful. This is a great place to start for anyone who wants to have better health. It is a must for anyone who is sensitive or allergic to more than a few things, also anyone who will have children, or who has difficult children, or anyone who is suspecting environmental illness.
Amanda
Aug 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A through look at dangerous chemicals commonly found in homes and good, safe alternatives. Covers everything: cleaning products, personal care products, consumer goods, building materials, house plants. If you've ever wondered about those ingredients in your shampoo with names you can't pronounce, this is the book for you.
Nadia
This book became the catalyst for a complete main floor renovation to our family home. From infancy I've lived with eczema, asthma, and extreme allergies (particularly to environmental toxins). The recommendations in this book ,along with Dr Sherry Rogers Detoxify or Die, were key in helping me live 95% symptom free most of the year.
Sally
Jan 11, 2009 marked it as to-read
living with / recovering from multiple chemical sensitivity
Alicia
Oct 28, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a good introduction to the whole topic of what is really in the products we use everyday. I think I read a more updated version, but I can't find it here.
Margaret
Jun 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Very enllightening as to how to keep your family saver in our polluted world.
Kate
Aug 15, 2010
Arissa
Jun 12, 2009
Karen
rated it did not like it
Feb 06, 2015
May 08, 2015
ginger nielsen
Sep 30, 2015
202665
Debra Lynn Dadd brings over twenty years of research and real-life experience to her work as a consumer advocate for health and the environment.

With her books A Consumer Guide for the Chemically-Sensitve (self-published 1982), Nontoxic & Natural (Tarcher, 1984) and The Nontoxic Home (Tarcher 1986), Debra was the first to alert consumers to the toxic chemicals present in everyday household prod
More about Debra Lynn Dadd...