Start by marking “Dirty (Damaged #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirty (Damaged #1)

Dirty

(Damaged #1)

Degraded. Ravaged. Dirty

I f*ck. It’s all I’m good for.
People pay thousands just to have a taste of me.
I have to obey for the sake of my brother. As long as I’m the perfect slave, David remains safe.

A life of depravity and cruelty is all I’ve ever known … until her.

I might be damaged, but I’m not destroyed. I crave revenge for what was done to me. I have a need to kil
Published June 28th 2017 by MA Horst (first published November 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty, please sign up.
Lynn Im not sure how many books is in this series, i downloaded this on my kindle and at the end it said to download Adam and Sophia story ( filthy ) and…moreIm not sure how many books is in this series, i downloaded this on my kindle and at the end it said to download Adam and Sophia story ( filthy ) and this one is jack and river so it is different characaters the book ended with a happy ending no epilogue or marraige but didnt continue (less)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

REVIEW ALSO POSTED ON MY BLOG
DIRTY ♕ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

‘DIRTY:’ is the first book in Michelle Horst’s (Damaged Romance) series and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ This is Jack and Rivers story.

In the ‘Prologue’ we’re introduced to an eight year old Jack, nearing death his mother makes him promise to look after David his brother before she’s thrown into the flames of death that he bears witness to.

My eyes burn from the fire
My hand burns from the fire
My heart burns because
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
**༻Complimentary Copy༺** Provided by the author "Michelle Horst" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Saved By Her
SERIES: (The Monster Series #1)
AUTHOR: Michelle Horst
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: November 2nd 2015

MY RATING: 5 STARS!!

This book had my stomach curdling, my heart breaking, my head reeling and in no time at all I was falling in love with this book, it's gritty, sick and oh so good..Before I was a Michelle Horst virgin now I am going to be stalking her a
Hionia
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-books
3 "It was okay" Stars

Firstly, I would like to warn you about the topic of the book. "Saved by Her" deals with sexual slavery and its consequences on one's psychological well-being, a very serious and delicate subject. The blurb provided does not imply the existence of this issue in the book, so be aware in case you would like to read it.

description

What I have to say, though, is that the author manages to present this heavy subject in a very skillful and smooth way. You get to understand the suffering of c
Carissa
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s-2015
Ashleyjo
Feb 28, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Strong start that falls apart.

Initial reaction

This story starts very heartbreaking & tragic for the MMC as a young boy watching his mother being murdered and discarded.

He becomes a sex slave in an attempt to keep brother safe.

The story fast-forwards to him as an adult and having endured almost twenty years of horrors we are not told the specifics of, but can certainly gather. The current scenes of sexual slavery are very sexually graphic.

His initial one-track thoughts are very strikin
Amanda
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

From the blurb alone, I had no idea what the book is all about except that is going to be a dark romance. Well, apparently the story underlying theme was the sex trade. If I were to know this earlier, maybe I wouldn't pick this book up. I'm sorta on a sabbatical on this subject matter for the moment. Not really eager to read another sex trade, sex cult or whatever sicko degrading sex act.

Jack is a sex slave since he was eight. I love reading his POV. He had this naivety about him that
Dri ✰
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
3,5 stars!

Eu gostei bastante do início desse livro, achei interessante e prendeu minha atenção porque queria saber o que aconteceria a seguir. Jack passou por tantas coisas... algumas cenas brutais e cruas...

Porém, a partir de certo ponto, não sei, achei tudo morno, tudo meio corrido e com aquela pressa de finalizar... o que é uma pena, pois devido a tudo que Jack foi submetido durante tantos anos, tinha muito mais a mostrar...

Abordar temas pesados é fácil, o difícil mesmo é fazer o leitor acr
K.A. Graham
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Saved By Her is a very dark yet absolutely beautiful story about finding your wings and flying again after severe tragedy has been the whole of your life. It’s all you know, and when faced with simple everyday situations, it’s overwhelming to say the least.

Jack grew up with a literal monster as a father figure, and the sorrow and pain he was put through is unquestionably evil in so many ways, and as you will see, he becomes a true fighter for life. Raised to be a sex slave, not knowing anything
Kis
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
Bloggers From Down Under
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Meet Jack.

He’s broken, damaged, unhealed.
His life is worthless.
His world is dark, dangerous, sick and twisted.
He sees no way out.
He has no hope of ever being normal.
He has given up.
He has no fight left.

Meet River.

She’s broken, damaged, but finally healing.
Her life has worth.
Her life has light, meaning and beauty.
She sees a way out.
She has hope that more will be saved.
She will never give
Melanie (mells_view)
Dark with a capital d!

This story is full of triggers. Abuse. Rape. Violence. So many triggers.

Jack's dad is in the business of sex slaves. When his mom dies his piece of poop father makes him a slave. He says that if Jack doesn't act like a good little slave he will make his little brother, David, become a slave as well. He made his mom a promise to protect David. In order to do so he must remain a slave without question. That is until River shows up and buys him for herself!

This story was inter
Jan
Only Michell Horst can draw love from something so dark,sadistic evil and haunting.

Seriously Michelle Horst is like the Stephen King of this genre her creatively is beyond bounds.

Jack, a slave from the age of nine, used for sex surrounded by this dark evil world containing men and women with no morals or feeling for human beings.

Beaten,used, degraded, abused but not broken. Jack is like a bulb in the earth kept in this dark world, fed watered but merely existing.

River is his rescuer she become
Konny
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dirty by Michelle Horst is A Stand Alone Damaged Romance. Its the first book in a new series.
This book is not for the faint of heart, consider you warned !
Dirty is Jack and Rivers book.
Jack is a sex slave, tortured and beaten. They did unspeakable things to him.
River and her partner own a " Sanctuary " , where they help the slaves they rescued to heal and build a new life.
Both are damaged souls, broken shells. But slowly very slowly they help each other heal.
Out from all the ugly grows somethin
Amo
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When all you want to do is protect the one person you have left, to make sure they don't see the things you have, you do Anything you can to save them.... Right ?

Well that's what Jack does his young eyes sees the most painful thing they can & then for the next 18 yrs his life is the darkest they've ever been. This literally clawed at my heart reading the start of Jacks journey & how devastatingly brutal his life started out.

River's first experience of of sex did not start out in the wa
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
This book was previously published as Saved by Her but was unpublished, rewritten with additional scenes, rebranded and re edited. When I read this got the second time I fell in love all over again with the story and the characters.

Oh wow. Talk about starting the story off with a bang. The first few chapters threw me into the dark life of Jack when he was eight years old. My heart bled for him.

When your life starts out so bad and there's badness all around you can you be saved??

A promise to hi
Danielle Harris
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sad

The prologue was rough to read about Jacks mother. I felt so bad for Jack, and what he dealt with his whole life. This was a great book.
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
Read on behalf of Two Darlin' Dolls and a book Review.

“Promise … you’ll … look after … David.”
"I promise, Momma."
"I’ll look after David.”

After making a promise to his dying mother Jack is thrown into a world of pure evil and torture. He is very young when he begins to endure things no child or human should have to experience. For 19 years he was willing to sacrifice himself to protect his younger brother...until he receives the ultimate betrayal.

"But as long as I obey, David remains safe and ca
Tanaka K
I have read a lot of dark and edgy books. I love books like that. There is something so beautiful yet haunting about a book that makes you bleed out emotions out of you. And Dirty by Michelle Horst was like a book that drained me dry. Michelle Horst is on my list of my go to dark romance authors but she really wrote such a deep and engrossing dark and gritty romance that was just perfect. I was completely touched both emotionally and psychologically.

Dirty is not for the faint of heart. It is a
Mimiorphee
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017
To say that the first 25% made me uncomfortable is an understatement, wow, when Michelle Horst embraces the dark side, she doesn't sugarcoat anything!
What I particularly loved in Dirty is the characters ' s développement. Jack is damaged, "I feel degraded and ravaged. Dirty." , almost broken at the beginning of the book and by the end, he recovered his superb, "He’s incredibly alpha male and it’s a constant turn on."

River is damaged, too, with a terrible past. She is a strong heroine, smart a
Morgan Terry
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle writes fantasy. She writes the dark and twisted. And she writes romance. Saved by Her is in a whole other category all on its own! A combination of some of Michelle's darkest mixed with some of her most romantic ever. A beautiful clandestine love story so different from any other I've ever read.

Jack is a shattered soul, a man living in captivity only for the love and safety of his brother. A sexual slave of his devious, masochistic stepfather. River is a woman trying to right the wrong
Neringa Neringiukas
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is not for the faint of heart. From the first pages, you are made to feel all kind of emotions. And almost through all the book, they all are gloomy. Don't get me wrong, it does have sunshine and HEA. Just sometimes black clouds shadows the sun.

Jack was like a ticking bomb from the first page. Though, for some time, while he was kinda hiding from his degraded past, he made me to forget about that feeling. So, when Jack's demons exploded, it came a little like a shock, though I should
Connected By Books
I'm a HUGE fan of dark stories, and it saddens me to say that, in my opinion, this book has been badly categorized - it's neither dark, nor suspenseful. But I still read it and here are my thoughts.

While the blurb is well written and it reminded me of "the Queen of Darkness" herself, Pepper Winters, the execution left a lot to be desired. Maybe my expectations were too high, but when an author tells me I'll be disturbed by some scenes in the book, I want to be disturbed, disgusted and left wonde
Philomena Callan Cheekypee

A promise to his mum left him doing things he didn't want to do.

What happens when what you believed in all changed??

I love the heroine in this story. River has fought to leave the past behind her. However is it really holding her back??

This is th
ItaPixie
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

I don't read a lot of dark stories but this was perfect,at the same time heart-wrenching and heartwarming, I couldn't stop reading it.
The main characters,Jack and River, are both broken souls but thanks to each other they found the strength to overcome their dark pasts and go on living their lives at their best.
I want to thank the author for giving me the chance to read an ARC.

"Mistress Ryland's eyes are so warm I want to crawl into them - I want to find rest there."

Rhonda
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was amazing!

I have never read a book like this in my life. It was so raw and so emotional, I think I sobbed through a good portion of it. River and Jack are extraordinary characters. What each of them had to endure in their life, it was amazing that they survived. I would definitely recommend this book to my friends.
Jan
Degraded. Ravaged. Dirty

I fuck. It’s all I’m good for.
People pay thousands just to have a taste of me.

Damaged but not Destroyed

Dirty is a gripping raw and emotional story that grabs you from the very fist pages as Jack shares his dark and degraded life as a sex slave. It's not a gradual look into Jacks life you are thrown head first into the dark and deprived life of a boy who becomes a man with no c
April Symes
‘DIRTY:’ is the first book in Michelle Horst’s Damaged series . This is Jack and River’s story. This is definitely a dark romance story and not for the faint of heart. Jack is a sex slave who has been beaten, raped, and tortured for many years. River and her partner own a " Sanctuary " , where they help the slaves they rescued to get back on their feet and build new lives, to heal from their horrific pasts.
Both are damaged from horrible pasts, broken yet not. The story moves slow yet it does so
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jack and River are broken souls, who may be able to heal each other on their journey to self-discovery, after everything they have endured in their lives. No spoilers, this is a novel which needs to be read! This story is brutal, gritty, raw, rough, emotional, heartbreaking, sensitive, redeeming, and vengeance.
Be warned that this may cause triggers for the reader, as this is a very dark romance, with brutality and sex slaves! Looking forward to reading the next book in this series. This author
Shelli
This book was really dark! It was violent, depraved, and heartbreaking at times. It was also really good though!
My heart broke for poor young Jack, at the very beginning of the story. Things started out rough and only got worse! I was ready to cheer when River finally showed up in his life. She did NOT have a good childhood either, they were both broken souls. But they were perfect for each other!
At its heart, this is a story about hope, love and redemption. The characters just have to go thru
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
I love, love, love this book. I loved reading about Jack and Sophie. This book is full of grit, pain, strength, and hot romance. This is by far my favorite book by Michelle. To read about the suffering, and pain they both had to endure, but mostly Jack, just grabs your heart and doesn't let go.
  • Pieces Lost (Devil Call MC - Talon & Everly, #2)
  • Undone, Volume 2 (Undone, #2)
  • Hate Me (Hate Me, #1)
  • Blackbird (A Stepbrother Romance, #1)
  • Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf, #1)
  • ASMODEUS: Demon of Lust Part 1
  • Bait: Alpha Billionaire Romance Part 1
  • Fragile Truths (The Shadows of Sin, #1)
  • Dangerous (Made & Broken, #1)
  • Irish Kiss (Irish Kiss, #1)
  • Taking Revenge on His Mate (The Pregnant Mate, #7)
  • Lily (A Force of Nature Fairytale #2)
  • Tempting Irish (Wild Irish, #2)
  • The Fighter's Fierce Temptation (The Burton Brothers, #1)
  • Alien Commander's Chosen (Accidental Alien, #1-5)
  • Little Brat Lost (Friends to Lovers #4)
  • Not Your Hero
  • Wicked Weapon (Dark Hearts, #2)
Please find me under my new profile Michelle Heard.

This profile is no longer being used.

Michelle Heard is a Bestselling Romance Author who loves creating stories her readers can get lost in. She loves an alpha hero who is not afraid to fight for his woman.

Want to be up to date with what’s happening in Michelle’s world? Sign up to receive the latest news on her alpha hero releases, sales, and great

Damaged (2 books)
  • Filthy (Damaged #2)
“Yeah, I’d rather be a flower that only blossoms once before it dies, and then nourishes the ground with its remains - than this empty soul that’s stuck in a dead shell.” 2 likes
“Plants, trees, flowers – nature - it’s where my soul finds a sliver of peace and happiness.” 2 likes