Start by marking “The Brother” as Want to Read:

The Brother

Nora Robertson is struggling to find her place in society after being held captive for half a year. Her sense of normal is skewed at best, in love and life but, she is trying to recover with the help of her support system. She pines for a home and a love she can no longer have. A love she knows was wrong but still clings to and desires secretly.

Liam Lockwood stumbled acro
253 pages
Published October 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Brother, please sign up.
K. Each book is a stand alone novel! No cliffhangers. The Brother releases Oct 2nd.
Trish Jackson This book is a great book all by itself, however, to really enjoy it you need to read The Tutor first.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis cover is ok. The hero is supposed to have sandy blonde hair. Not sure the dude on the cover is a sandy blonde, but Liam does have a beard, so bonus points for that! The composition is good, and it makes great use of graphics as well.description

descriptionI enjoyed this one. Not quite as much as book one it didn't have the same "oomph" as that one. Or maybe I was just expecting something a bit darker. In any case, I still found it to be an engaging read.

description

As always it was well written and well paced. The plot was i
CC
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Nora Robertson is trying to move forward with her life post captivity. While she has a decent handle on some aspects, her love life is non-existent. Having developed certain desires, Nora is afraid to seek what she needs and still pines for the past.

“Society often shouts at us to fit into the mold. And I don’t. I never have. So this lingering guilt seeps in…”

Liam Lockwood has a plan that will avenge the pain his brother caused him. Intrigued by her contradictions, Liam watches and waits unt
Paige
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 "Made for Each Other" Stars

The Brother is the follow up to The Tutor but can be read as a standalone. It follows Nora as she is trying to move beyond her past and Liam who is trying to take what was once his brother’s. As Liam takes it upon himself to know all there is to know about Nora, he finds more than he could have anticipated. Nora finds herself strangely drawn to Liam but her past continues to nip at her heels. And all is not what it seems.

The Brother was the kind of book I hoped No

Type: Standalone
POV:
First Person – Dual

the brother teaser

Nora Robertson; after surviving a traumatic event in "The Tutor" is trying to find meaning to her life after everything.  She has a great support system that has been with her this year throughout her healing process.   However; she finds herself struggling trying to fit in even with the girls she really loves, she still not sure how t
Kizzle Kay Books Reviews
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Full disclosure..... Yes, this is a stand alone...... BUT........ There is a book already out that is about Nora's ordeal with Holden. With that said, I was a dummy and didn't realize there was already a book that gave more perspective on Nora's kidnapping. I included the cover so if you want to read 1st have at it.

You totally don't have to read Tutor. The author gives enough backstory on Nora's past with Holden that I was able to keep along and not get confused.

I am rating this 5 stars, its a
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 thrilling stars

‘It’s thrilling knowing she doesn’t realize we’re spending time together. The anticipation of what it will be like when we finally meet, makes me buzz with energy. I simply watch her. For now.’

Another brilliant winner from K Larsen who just commands every single page with her stellar writing which grabs us by the scruffs of our necks and doesn’t let go till we’ve read the last word. We were quite worried where this story would go as we loved The Tutor where we first met Nora
Grey
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Wow. Okay. Breathing. I have read this whole book no less than 5 times, and sections of it, more than that. It's actually, incredibly difficult for me to write a critical review, being as though I was involved basically from the ground up on this one. I connected with the author back earlier this spring when she was writing The Tutor and I am a huge fan of her writing style. Ms. Larsen asked for me to help beta... and then proofread The Brother. *pardon me while I happy dance, right?* However, I ...more
Debbie
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Brother is a story of dark desires and tortured pasts with two scarred souls searching for a path through their pain. What they find is that love can be born from even the darkest of places. As always, K. Larsen gives us another unique, insightful and deliciously twisted read! Though The Brother wades through some very murky waters, I wouldn’t consider it overly dark. For me, this was a powerful continuation of Nora’s story, where we get to see her heal and work through the ramifications of ...more
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
By: K. Larsen
4 Stars

Nora Robertson is trying to survive and move on from being held captive by Holden. Still struggling to release the hold that Holden has on her even though he is now deceased. Can a girl honestly overcome the trauma that one goes through during captivity? With her ‘new family’ and starting an organization to help victims, Nora is getting by.

Liam Lockwood is on a mission…one that started the day he read the article about his brother and his captive. Revenge is what h
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
“To scars and dark desires"

A twisted romance that gives you all the dark desires of two broken characters! I loved the raw feelings, the wrong feelings, the want.

The Brother is a standalone, but closely follows The Tutor, a story of Nora, the captive. Without giving spoilers, I suggest you read The Tutor. Only because you get a closer look into Nora's captivity. A closer look at Nora. Who, by the way, is a complex, intriguing character. She's quirky, truthful, and beautiful. She's a delight,
Beneath The Covers Blog
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alison, arcs, 2017-reads
Not going to lie, it was my favorite out of the duet!

Nora survived a kidnapping, but what happens when she gets her life back, but can't seem to move on...

Liam Lockwood only wanted to know the woman his brother held captive, what he didn't expect was to fall for her.

I liked this book!! I know, I should probably not like Liam, yet I wanted him for myself. Poor Nora, reading her struggle with her life and feelings was heartbreaking at times.

I found the author's writing style interesting and total
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
This book was so good, it can be read as a standalone, but I would recommend reading the Tutor first that way you will get some insight into what Nora went through and you can understand the story and who Nora and the other girls are.
Nora is struggling to fit back into reality after being held by Holden, she is trying to get her life back together. However, can she? Will she be able to move on from what happened to her?
Liam is Holden’s brother and he is fascinated with Nora and what his brother
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017

4.5 thrilling stars

⭐ Emerson ⭐
Currently 99cents on Amazon =)
Dani
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
I am postponing my review and rating until I read Book 1 The Tutor - there was no info that this book is a sequel. After reading this one, The Tutor should be read first.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

I loved this book! I can unequivocally say that I liked The Brother even better than The Tutor (and I rated that book five stars)! First and foremost, this book needs to be read AFTER The Tutor. It's very much a continuing story for our heroine, and former abduction victim, Nora Robertson.

The Brother is a book about tragedy... about wounds. Deep-seated emotional and physical wounds our two MCs carry throughout their lives from the past abuse at the hands of Holden. Liam is hell-bent on connecti
Betul
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, dark, arc, romance, reviewed
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"There is something dark inside of me. A jagged hole that twists and rips through my soul."

Even though The Brother can be read as a stand-alone, I do recommend you to read The Tutor before diving into this book. It will make you enjoy and understand this story much better. I didn't know which direction the author would take with this book. Will Nora go through some really dark things again or will she find her HEA? Honestly, I was expect
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This can be read as a standalone but don’t do it. Go read The Tutor first to get the most out of these books. They are so good I did a re read of The Tutor before reading The Brother.

We meet Nora Robertson in The Tutor. Since reading that book I craved more. I wanted to know more about The Brother. We read of Nora’s struggles of moving on from Holden. The characters are flawed and I absolutely loved Liam.

I don’t want to say any more as you gotta read these stories. I seriously cannot wait to r
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

I can't get enough of Larsen's writing. She has this incredible way with words that allows you to get lost within the pages. Once again, she delivers the beautiful and evocative prose, bold and broken characters, and intense story line we've come to love from her. This story, while very different from The Tutor, also elicited strong emotions from me. I was utterly captivated.
It has been a long road for both Liam and Nora. They have suffered so much at the hands of others and the effects of that
Grace
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

It is one thing to suffer deviant acts under captivity.
It is another to continue to crave those deviant acts.

Book one (The Tutor) explored Nora's captivity which morphed into Stockholm's Syndrome. This book explores how she moves forward. The subject is a fascinating one, how to reset someone's brain to understand what they went thru, isn't right.

Despite his death, Holden still has a powerful hold on Nora. While she pretends to move forward, caring on with a normal life of writing, yog
EscapeNBooks
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Brother by K. Larsen is a beautifully haunting story of finding love and worth.

“Liam Lockwood is trouble. A weakness in an attractive package, with a good sense of humor.”

Nora’s life will never be the same. Things were taken from her and given to her that have left stains on her heart and body. She is incomplete and finds contentment in those who have like lives. Liam’s goal is to find her, know her, and consume her in order to save himself.

“Every monster has a voice unique to them. Mine n
Barbara Lack
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
You don't need to read The Tutor necessarily to enjoy this book but you'd enjoy it a lot more if you did. The Tutor was a hard read for me. It was good but I struggled with the premise of the book. The Brother wasn't as dark as The Tutor. It still has triggers for some people. Once again K. Larsen has written a book that makes you think and question was is and what isn't acceptable in mainstream life.
Received an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Nora may have escaped captivity, but those six months left a mark on her psyche they is struggling to move past. Being back in regular society is difficult and she is painfully aware her feelings and desires are no longer normal. She is finding it extremely difficult to get over Holden. Intellectually, she knows she shouldn't be longing for a man who did the things he did, but the heart is rarely rational.

Liam also shares an obsession with Holden. He had not seen his brother for years,
Debbie
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nora is trying to move on after her time with Holden. She realizes she shouldn’t love or miss her kidnapper, and struggles with the guilt from these emotions daily. From the moment Liam read the article about Nora surviving her captivity with his brother Holden, he’s been obsessed with getting to know her and hopefully learning more about the brother he was separated from years earlier.

I realize Nora is a logophile and has a love/fascination with unusual words, however I needed a dictionary at
Maria Angie Mendoza
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intense, gripping and emotional story of self discovery, absolution and starting over.
I wanted to know more about Holden's background, his family, the mountain, and I got my wish!
Nora is struggling with her recovery. An article about her experience on the mountain with Holden, catches the attention of someone very interested in what happened to Nora and Holden. Someone who knew first hand who Holden was and what happened on the mountain. His younger brother Liam.
Liam is Holden's younger brothe
Shanna Matheo
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Well that was... not horrible or even horrific for that matter. I picked this one up to, I guess, expand my horizons. Try something different. I tend to stay away from darker books. Real life can be ugly enough. Why endure that ugliness in books when I can read for enjoyment instead?

Going into this I expected to be shocked, to be frightened and horrified, but I was none of those things. Yes, Nora and Liam's situation was not conventional, but I liked them both. They were real and flawed and I fo
Kooloo
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The Tutor" was off to good start but then it just started pissing me off more than anything... but glad I finished it! Because it really allowed me to get into "The Bother" and these characters heads.
Cécile Smits
The follow up of The Tutor tells us how Nora copes with life after she’s returned home. And what happens when Holden’s brother Liam comes into her life......This is a story of trying to find a way forward,of dealing with confusing feelings. And after finding out who Liam really is,dealing with who he really is to her....A journey i enjoyed reading.
Expresso
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
The experience with this story will go a lot better if the reader hasn’t read The Tutor. Or if the reader has read The Tutor, then program their mind to have zero expectations.

The Brother is a swell vanilla/semi-gray novel. BUT! The switch from dark (The Tutor) to vanilla/semi-gray is too drastic to engage successfully. At least for me.

I did not see any growth in Nora other than through her sexual needs. Lotte has changed quite a bit. Aubrey and Eve seems to be stagnant as well. I expected MORE

• Underestimated Box Set (Underestimated, #1-3)
  • The Lost (Crow City, #1)
  • All I Need (Stay, #2)
  • Broken (Voyeur Book 3)
  • The Salvation of Daniel (Blue Butterfly #2)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Girl Wife Prisoner (Girl Wife Prisoner, #1)
  • The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)
  • Let Her Go
  • The Emancipation of Love (Monster #2)
  • Wake
  • Micaden's Madness
  • Layers of Her
  • Prison Promise (Prison Saints #1)
  • Zeke
  • Blake (Captive to the Dark, #2)
  • Silent Scars
  • Black Kiss (Obsession Inc. Book 1)

I am an avid reader, coffee drinker, and chocolate eater who loves writing.

Come hang out with me