Start by marking “Kara the Lonely Falcon” as Want to Read:
Kara the Lonely Falcon

Kara the Lonely Falcon

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The author of the nationally bestselling "Joshua" series brings back his inspiring tale of life, love and self-sacrifice. Kara the falcon find his world transformed when he vows never to kill another animal again, even if his very survival is deoends on it.
Published April 28th 1997 by Touchstone (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Kara the Lonely Falcon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kara the Lonely Falcon

Joanne
Dec 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute and quick read about a falcon that decides not to kill anymore and become friends with the small woodland creatures. Written by a priest, there are deeper messages tied to communion, sacrifice, friendship, and trust which may surface depending on your mindset and religious belief. It got me thinking somewhat about spiritual nourishment and change in one’s behavior along with the kindness of the animals with their daily breakfasts they left for Kara.

Ebookwormy1
Sep 21, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
This is another Girzone book I read as a child. It was all the rage to buy reading Christian children the Girzone books back then. I found it to be an unmemorable read.

Generally, I don't like allegories. I'd rather just go to the source than mess around with all the literary illusions. I think that may have been the problem for me with this work, but I honestly don't remember enough of it to say.
Patrick
Aug 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Joseph Grizone the author of Joshua also is the author of Kara The Lonley Falcon. Words such as TRANSFIGURATION,COMPASSION,EUCHARIST.THANKSGIVINGCOME TO MIND I BELEIVE I COULD READ THIS BOOK AGAIN AND AGAIN. READ THIS BOOK YOU WILL BE TOUCHED.
Mary
May 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had money to buy copy upon copy of this book to give to high-schoolers!!! Even adults would benefit from reading this!!
Michelle
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Very nice story. It was a quick read, I liked the theme. I recommended it to my daughter.
Megan
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet and simple allegory.
Kathleen
Heartfelt story of a bird who yearns for something "more." Gets a bit obviously religious at the end, but not painfully so.
Michael Garreffa`
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Inspirational Book
Carol Dufford
Dec 19, 2009
Emma Hughes
rated it did not like it
May 02, 2017
Rob Roy
Aug 14, 2009
Sam Lonberg
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wonderful, timeless story. Can't wait to read this to Mollie.
Mike Shea iii
Aug 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2017 Reading Chal...: Kara, the Lonely Falcon 1 8 Oct 19, 2016 12:42PM
FROM PUBLISHER:
JOSEPH F. GIRZONE retired from the active priesthood in 1981 due to health reasons, and embarked on a second career as a writer and speaker.

In 1995 he established the Joshua Foundation, an organization dedicated to making Jesus better known throughout the world.

His bestselling books include Joshua, A Portrait of Jesus, and Never Alone. He lives in Altamont, New York.
More about Joseph F. Girzone