Start by marking “A Fortunes of Texas Christmas (The Fortunes of Texas, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Fortunes of Texas Christmas (The Fortunes of Texas, #1)

A Fortunes of Texas Christmas

(Fortunes of Texas #1)

OOH-LA-LA! A FRENCH FORTUNE!

The Yuletide season brings something trs magnifique to Austin, Texas, in the form of sexy French entrepreneur Amersen Beaudin. The sexy but standoffish playboy has zero interest in meeting his newly discovered Fortune relatives, least of all the man who is his biological father. But when matriarch Kate Fortune dangles an all-too-attractive busin
Published November 21st 2017 by Harlequin Special Edition

To ask other readers questions about A Fortunes of Texas Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fortunes of Texas Christmas

Start your review of A Fortunes of Texas Christmas (The Fortunes of Texas, #1)
Claire Robinson
4 - "I knew I loved you the first moment I saw you…" Stars!

I am having a stellar run on Mills & Boon Seasonal titles at the moment, and Helen Lacey’s; A Fortune’s Texas Christmas, is definitely another one to add to the list.

Easy reading, great characters, low drama, and having just had a look, a wealth of other books to look at reading from the Fortune family in the future.

ARC generously provided via Netgalley, in exchange for the above honest review.

Hina Tabassum
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published on a href="https://hinalovestoread.wordpress.com...Hina Loves To Read

Let's begin with why the one star was taken off. The characters are only 25 and 24 years of age and yet the story shows they have reached the pinnacle of success already. That somehow does not ring true because this is the age where one starts ascending the career ladder towards success because you just finished university!

But if I ignored that fact completely, which I plan to as I concentrate on the story
AnnMarie
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fortunes Of Texas Christmas is the first book in the Fortunes of Texas series by Helen Lacey.

From the moment that our hero French entrepreneur Amersen Beaudin spots gardener, Robin Harbin dressed in a beautiful white dress walking through her bosses garden he is in lust. Even without seeing her face he believes she is a woman he could happily get to know much better. From that moment too, I realised I was going to really enjoy this book.

Amerson is one of many illegitimate children of the Fortu
Lindsi
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*
Alexandra
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Amersen learns about his biological father and siblings. He doesnt want to have anything to do with them. He is perfectly happy living his life. When he gets a call from Kate the matriach of the Fortunes. He reluctantly heads to Texas. When he bumps into Robin in the Fortunes gardens. Its lust at first sight. Along with a business propositon Amersen decides to stick around a while. Can a parisian playboy find his happily ever after? Or will Robin just be a temporary fling?
I love Helen Lace
Helen
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one sizzles from page one, at the first sighting of the heroine by the hero, in a garden, as far as our hero is concerned she is a vision, an angle in white and he is determined to get to know her and when he does what a ride they go on, this one had me turning the pages MS Lacey knows how to bring her characters to life.

Amersen Beaudin wealthy owner of a Paris night club and a winery, has arrived in Austin Texas from his homeland of Paris to speak to the matriarch of the Fortunes family K
Lynn Brooks
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

Sparks fly and tension mounts as temptation arrives on her doorstep! A great continuation to the Fortunes of Texas series. If you've read any of these books previously, you know the premise ... and more illegitimate siblings are coming out of the woodwork every time we turn around. The characters were enticing and kept us entertained as their story played out. The plot was fun and fast moving. The only downside of this delightful book for me was the haste in which they reached their
Cheryl Steckling
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Fortunes of Texas Christmas by Helen Lacey

Kate Fortune dangles an all too good business proposition to Amersen Beaudin and it is way to much for him to stay away. Once he meets Kate’s beautiful gardener he is rethinking holiday plans.

Amersen owns a Paris nightclub and a winery and now Kate has another business deal for him. Can he pass up on one that is almost too good to believe?

The beautiful gardener that Amersen saw and could not get out of his mind is Robin Harbin. He arrives at Kate’s and
Amanda

Amersen is in Texas for business. He has a meeting with the matriarch of the Fortune clan. What he doesn't expect is to be acknowledged for who he is...a Fortune by blood. Expecting to be in and out in twenty four hours, Amersen finds he's drawn to the stunning Robin, the Fortune gardener. Now, he's willing to stick around in Texas to spend more time with Robin. But is he willing to commit to a forever relationship or cut and run when he's had his full of the Texan belle? Ms. Lacey's previous bo
Dottie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful romance from an author that never fails to give you the best.  Amersen Beaudin comes from his home in Paris to see what business proposition it is that Kate Fortune has for him.  He has an alterior motive as he also wants to find out about his newly discovered biological father.  Simple come see what Kate has to offer , find out about his biological father then go back to Paris.  Sounds great but he meets gardener Robin Harbin and all bets are off.  Its an instant attraction but she ...more
Maddie butler
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Amersen Beaudin a French entrepreneur comes to Texas to strike a deal for a perfume add, but little did he know that he would fall in love with the Robin Harbin. Who’s is the head Gardner for the Kate Fortune who proposed the perfume proposition. Amersen pretty much has daddy issues because Kate Fortune is also his half sister and the part of Texas he’s in is also where his other half siblings live because his father was a married man who couldn’t keep his hands off other women.
A Fortune of Tex
Jean
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by Helen and I have to say that I really enjoyed reading it. There's hot chemistry between them that you can feel it sizzle of the page's along with great characters and twist and turns. Amersen is a play boy and doesn't do commitment where as Robin is all about long term and commitment, how will this work out between them, will there be heartache and disappointment at the end for Robin. I definitely recommend you read this book as it is so well written an ...more
TashNz
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoy Helen's style of writing and the characters she pairs up together. I dont know how to explain it except to say my fave books are the Presents style and characters and then I'll pick up Helen's story and enjoy just as much because there's depth in the plot, there's wonderful imagery, fantastic dialogue and there's just a beautiful feel when the story shapes up.

Helen also writes wonderfully linked stories (ie, Cedar River) and I suspect the Fortunes of Texas will be just the
Jane
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fortunes are always a great family to revisit. One never knows who is going to come out of the woodwork next. This is Amerson Beaudoin's story to tell. He is bitter and full of anger. Amerson is from France and a business man with quite the reputation. He lets himself feel nothing. That way he doesn't hurt. Then he goes to Texas on business and meets Robin Hardin. He doesn't know what to do. I loved every minute of this story and you will too.
Janie
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"A Fortunes of Texas Christmas (The Fortunes of Texas)" by Helen Lacey is part of her series, but this can be a read alone book. I really enjoy this whole series, and I am a fan of the author, so I highly recommend this book. Playboy meets the sexy, but down to earth, gardener. He is looking for a good time, and she isn't. The chemistry between Amersen and Robin is there, but while Amersen is standoffish Robin is exactly what he needs. A true contemporary romance. Loved it.
Deborah
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A French entrepreneur learns he is the son of the famous Fortune family. Although determined not to be seen as a part of the family he becomes involved when offered the chance to be the face of a new product.
An enjoyable read.
I was given this book by Netgalley and the publisher. This is my voluntary and impartial review.
Sanoobar
When playboy entrepreneur Amerson turns up from France to see meet his new relatives, he doesn't expect to meet and fall in love with the Fortune's gardener Robin. A lovely small town story with characters who have a lot of heart.
Sharon
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I love reading about the Fortunes.
Tovasha
Dec 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Haven't read it yet but it has been made into a tv movie on uptv channel... called christmas in paris.... from what I gather from the reviews it been tweaked quite a bit.
Harlequin Books
"Lacey’s latest Fortunes of Texas tale is sweet with a bit of heat and is all about following your heart no matter what your head is saying. Her couple may seem like total opposites, but this outspoken woman and smooth-talking Frenchman are really well suited and refreshingly unpretentious. With a fantastic fast-paced narrative, a mini Austin sightseeing tour, terrific costars and minimum drama, A Fortunes of Texas Christmas is a real page-turner. Although the ending feels a bit rushed, this is ...more
Melanie Skillman
Nov 24, 2017 added it
I reviewed this for RT Book Reviews be sure to check out my review there
Apr 01, 2018
Beverley Emmott
Not my style and reading subject - it was ok but could put it down.
Carletta S Gritzmaker

• Her Soldier of Fortune
  • Prince on the Children's Ward
  • Maddie Fortune's Perfect Man
  • Fortune's Family Secrets
  • The Fortune Most Likely To... (The Fortunes of Texas: The Rulebreakers #3)
  • A Family for Christmas
  • No Ordinary Fortune (The Fortunes of Texas: The Rulebreakers)
  • A Deal Made in Texas
  • Fortune's Homecoming
  • Texan Seeks Fortune (The Fortunes of Texas: The Lost Fortunes #3)
  • Guarding His Fortune (The Fortunes of Texas: The Lost Fortunes, #4)
  • A Fortunate Arrangement (The Fortunes of Texas: The Lost Fortunes)
  • The Maverick's Snowbound Christmas (Montana Mavericks: The Great Family Roundup #5)
  • Rich, Rugged Rancher (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Inheritance #2)
  • Yuletide Baby Bargain
  • The Maverick's Midnight Proposal (Montana Mavericks: The Great Family Roundup)
  • Fortune's Texas Surprise
  • Baby of Fortune (Fortunes of Texas)
About Helen
Helen Lacey grew up reading Black Beauty, Anne of Green Gables and Little House on The Prairie. These childhood classics inspired her to write her first book when she was seven years old, a story about a girl and her horse. Although, it wasn’t until the age of eleven when she read her first Mills & Boon, that she knew wanted to write romances. Her parents’ love of travel meant she saw m

Fortunes of Texas (2 books)
  • Fortune's Christmas Baby (Fortunes of Texas, #2)